BODY PAINT

djacquelynstew

Body Paint

Based upon the most amazingly delicious dessert I had recently. As I was savoring it, I was thinking, 'I might as well just smear it right onto my thighs 'cause that's where it's going to end up anyway'.... and thus the idea to craft a fragrance using these delectable ingredients, and call it Body Paint...so we can all enjoy the delicious aroma of it, without the calories!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
BRAMBLEBERRY ~ Love inducing, fertility, protection, stamina, vigor.
HUCKLEBERRY ~ Dreams, wishes, luck, good fortune, deflection of negativity.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive, use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover, happiness, fulfillment.
LAVENDER ~ Soothes/restores body and mind, arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing.
BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships, Goddess energy.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
FLOUR ~ Friendliness, fruitfulness, fertility, money.
EGG ~ Fertility, beginnings, eternity, rebirth, future life, nutrition, prosperity.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

my absolute fav out of all the new releases. This is perfect. I highly doubt there will be many who don't like this one.

"Lavender Crème Brûlée, Honey Shortbread, and fresh Berry Jam".

I absolutely knew that somehow these scents when meshed together were gonna be great.

For those who don't like sweet, this is not overly sweet, the berry jam is just the right amount, not real sweet like a grape jam...reminds me of homemade jam, not the store bought with all the preservatives added, but the natural made...like grandma made it.

for those who don't like floral...the Lavender in this is simply divine

and the honey is a smaller amount but the right amount, for those who think the honey won't work.

I wish I could describe like you ladies but I can't so I will just say... I absolutely love this...can't wait to hear some of your reviews...and if you decide it is not for you...I will take it off ya hands. Wink Wink, lol

djac

ps....Your man would absolutely wanna paint this all over ya body...hehehe

ok this is SOOO beautiful! Dja described it perfectly! I wish it were in a huge cloud all around me. It isn't quite as loud as I would like, because it is SO yummy I want it to be in your face!, So I guess I will have to slather! CC, my love this one has you written all over it!

Edited by therapygirl

ok this is SOOO beautiful! Dja described it perfectly! I wish it were in a huge cloud all around me. It isn't quite as loud as I would like, because it is SO yummy I want it to be in your face!, So I guess I will have to slather! CC, my love this one has you written all over it!

That's funny TG, cause I was actually thinking of CC when I wrote this, as I know she would love it... would be surprised if she doesn't...

on a different note...I see now I better get another bottle...word spreads fast around here...hehehe

djac

Oh TG and Djac, how unfair this seems. :lol: Both you lovelies are enjoying this scent and knowing that I will bathe myself in it, but yet ~sigh~ mine is nearing the custom boys who are bound to test my scents out first...

:msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

Cant wait to get this one in my lil hands. Looks like I will HAVE to upgrade to a bottle once my package arrives...hmmm, now I am going to be watching the stock of this goodie!

This was the other offering I was looking forward to, and it's fabulous!

As with all LPMP berry-based scents, the berries are true: not medicinal, not too sharp or sweet, just a rich jammy base of fruity goodness. I don't necessarily get creme brulee but I do get a evocation of baked goods in the bottom...it reminds me more of thumbprint cookies, I think they're called? With a dollop of jam in the middle. I like how the lavender is tempered by the other notes because I'm not really a big lavender fan, but the synergy is perfect.

The scent is so cozy...it is one you could slather and not be afraid of being too overwhelmingly foody. I think I'm going to be wearing this to bed a lot (and maybe even get NOMed once in a while if I'm lucky :) ).

Edited by luna65

This one sounds like it will go well over LAM. Yummy!! Let the games begin...

This was the other offering I was looking forward to, and it's fabulous!

As with all LPMP berry-based scents, the berries are true: not medicinal, not too sharp or sweet, just a rich jammy base of fruity goodness. I don't necessarily get creme brulee but I do get a evocation of baked goods in the bottom...it reminds me more of thumbprint cookies, I think they're called? With a dollop of jam in the middle. I like how the lavender is tempered by the other notes because I'm not really a big lavender fan, but the synergy is perfect.

The scent is so cozy...it is one you could slather and not be afraid of being too overwhelmingly foody. I think I'm going to be wearing this to bed a lot (and maybe even get NOMed once in a while if I'm lucky :D ).

aaaaaaaarrgh, you're making me hungry ... I love foods with flowers in them! rosepetal jam, jasmine tea, orange blossom rice pudding ...

Loving this one. Berry but not sweet, foody but not thick. Works great with LAM also!!

Hmm, my skin is doing weird things to this one-nothing bad, but it seems to morph between a berry-tinged lavender candy and a vanilla-rich lavender icing. Kinda like one of those pictures that change depending on the the angle from which you view it.

Verra interesting...

• 4 weeks later...

This one just didn't do it for me. It is nice, just not my type of scent for daily wear. It is a tad too fruity (berry) for me and the lavendar seems to amp this on me. It smells like it would make a fantastic bubble bath, but that is why it doesn't jump out at me. It smells like a bath product should smell. Hey, this would be fantastic to add to the bath product line if you are looking for a great hand cream or bubble bath!

• 1 month later...

LPMP honey notes usually don't work for me-- I find them too heavy and overwhelming. So I tried Body Paint with a little trepidation, and I'm happy to say that the honey doesn't overpower the light fruit-tart scent at all. This isn't a sharp lavender, either, giving just a little bit of an edge to the berries and cream. Soothing and homey.

I love the way this one smells in the bottle. I can't wait to have the chance to try it out on me-figured I wouldn't subject my patients to my smellies tonight!LOL!

LPMP honey notes usually don't work for me-- I find them too heavy and overwhelming. So I tried Body Paint with a little trepidation, and I'm happy to say that the honey doesn't overpower the light fruit-tart scent at all. This isn't a sharp lavender, either, giving just a little bit of an edge to the berries and cream. Soothing and homey.

Hey Maxine! In case this helps with your future purchases...the heavier honey scents are Honeycomb, 'late summer Honey', and Bee Pollen...(and any honey described as rich and thick). If you see any of that listed in the description, you may want to avoid that one. We have over 2 dozen Honey varieties, and since you don't mind the ones used here, I would suggest that if it's listed as a flower Honey, or a Spring Honey, you'll be ok with it.

Thank you for the review, Maxine and EVERYONE!

{{SMOOCHES!}}

Hey Maxine! In case this helps with your future purchases...the heavier honey scents are Honeycomb, 'late summer Honey', and Bee Pollen...(and any honey described as rich and thick). If you see any of that listed in the description, you may want to avoid that one. We have over 2 dozen Honey varieties, and since you don't mind the ones used here, I would suggest that if it's listed as a flower Honey, or a Spring Honey, you'll be ok with it.

Thank you for the review, Maxine and EVERYONE!

{{SMOOCHES!}}

That's very helpful indeed-- thanks a million!

• 2 months later...

This one has aged beautifully. I am wearing it today over my new fave lotion (Johnson's Nighttime Baby Lotion - seriously) which is vaguely lavenderish. Makes the fragrance stand out a bit more - and I am all about sillage.

It's gotten creamier, notes more integrated, over the last couple of months. A melange of yumminess without being FOODY in your face. Just gorgeously feminine and fun.

• 5 weeks later...

When I first "tried it out" (quotes because it was swatched on my arm with I think seven others... :)) I thought I didn't like this one. Boooy was I wrong. I think it's one of my new favorites! Perfect for when you want to wear a sweet scent but don't want to be in-your-face gourmand... like I usually wear 'em, heh. It's delicious and mouth-watering but no one is going to say that you smell like dessert sooo... if anyone out there is wary of foody scents for day wear, no fear here.

My only gripes are that it doesn't have huge throw (which I always go for!) and that I seem to soak it up in a few hours :Sexy: it gets very faint and smells a bit like generic incense. I hope my clothes have just been rubbing it off or something, because it'd be awful if this scent didn't work on me! :cry:

• 5 months later...

Berry usually goes plasticky on me, but it doesn't in this one. The lavender is mellow, with none of the mint-like edge it can sometimes have. Like Maxine I find honey goes weird AND amps on me (ex: all the Love Potions I've tried except Silver, which I love madly and doesn't list honey as an ingredient), but in this one it "plays well" with the others. In fact as others note UT, *all* the elements play really beautifully together, as unusual as it is to see them together, and it's simply a brilliant combination.

I am wearing it over OCCO White so I wonder if that has something to do with it...

• 1 year later...

I love berry scents, and I am from the city where lavender crème brûlée was (supposedly) created. Needless to say, I had to try this!

The first thing I get is the berry jam - this is a lovely artisan jam, not too sweet and made from the finest red fruits available.

Next up is the shortbread. Now, cake/biscuit notes often turn cloying (or burnt!) on me, but this one is very light and just right. I can detect something bready and buttery under the berry jam, but it doesn't scream "baked goods".

The lavender doesn't show up until later, almost when you start thinking it's gone MIA. At first it's an unexpected fresh note cutting through the foodiness, then it becomes recognizable as lavender in its own right. If you usually find lavender too sharp and herbal, fear not - this one is soft and floral (like real culinary-grade lavender), and the crème brûlée rounds it out beautifully.

I love it when a perfume unfolds in stages like this. Body Paint is unusually complex for a foodie blend. Very unique and totally scrumptious!

• 1 year later...

I tried this on without reading the description, and lavender creme brulee, honey shortbread, and berry jam are definitely what it smells like. It dries down super soft on me, though, and kind of powdery. I like it, but I'm not sure how often I'd reach for it

• 6 months later...

I love, love, love this one! It's so yummy, and soothing at the same time. I don't really have anything else to add that hasn't already been said, except it doesn't last long on me...but I don't care! I'll just slather away.

Have you tried this with Purple Puff? OMG DIE. Halo sent me a text. LAYER BODY PAINT WITH PURPLE PUFF NOW

It's the besssssst thing you will ever do.

• 1 month later...

I've had my eye on this one since I first came to LP last summer. Finally got a bottle and while I do like the berry jamness, it disappears sooo fast. I mean like within minutes. I'm going to try again w/ some lotion. I have some white raspberry lotion that may go well with it and help it to last longer. I also want to layer with Purple Puff, but I only have a few drops left out of a trial spray bottle. Man, I'm going to miss that one.

I totally get the jam but with this one the "fruity" doesn't amp on me. It's a great blend! I was expecting something really foodie but this isn't...exactly...but it is...and yet light and feminine, if that makes sense? I kept getting whiffs of berry all day long. It's been 13 hours since first application and I can barely make out a light cream...but it's pretty much run its course. I will have to play with this some more...

That's where I found mine :) But I didn't search all the threads so there may be another out there!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Everyone knows that I love me some lavender so it should be no surprise that this was one of the first potions I ever bought. Unfortunately something just always seemed off when combined with my chemistry, like it amped the butter, honey, and pastry notes to an obnoxious level and totally obscured the delicious lavender and fruit jam blend.

I am curious to try the newest version to see if I get the same drydown.