Vampire Bait

ivy_fiddlefox

AD-VampireBait_1.jpg

Vampire Bait

Mmmm, want to smell like his own personal brand of delicious? Indulge yourself with a perfectly intoxicating fragrance which will draw the one you desire to you, as if you cast a spell and his devotion is yours alone. Become the most alluring lure of all with this sweet, mouthwateringly sexy yet innocent scent featuring dewy flowers of love magic - orchid, peony, daisy, water lily and orange blossom - blended with fresh notes of lemongrass and bamboo with just a kiss of tangy currant, then sweetened with sugar and honey and layered upon a satiny skin base of sandalwood and white musk. Simply to die for!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol, beauty, refinement, fertility, psychic powers.
PEONY ~ Protective, used for exorcisms, happy life and marriage.
WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.
DAISY ~ Gentleness, innocence, loyalty and romance. Love, luck.
ORANGE BLOSSOM ~ "Magnet" to attract men, eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, happiness,
CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, magical representation of blood.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive, use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover, happiness, fulfillment.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.
LEMON GRASS ~ Lust, increases psychic powers.
LEMON VERBENA ~ Attracts the opposite sex, adds power to other ingredients.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex-breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, feminine energy.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, sensual atmospheric, aphrodisiac, healing, spirituality, exorcism.
WHITE MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why is there no reviews to this? you guys holdin out hmmm?

How funny! I wore this yesterday and thought about starting a review thread, but got busy with something else. So, here we go:

From the description: Dewy morning florals and juicy berries, sugar and honey, and a touch of youthful white musk

Also mentioned in the description is sandalwood, for which I'm a nut, but I didn't detect it. While wet I get the berries and sugar along with a sharp floral, as it dried down the sugar came out a bit more, and a bit of a richer sweetness, which must have been the honey. My skin must have eaten the musk, because I never detected it. This is a fun, playful weekend scent for me.

I got the trial vial, but my perceptions were SO off the other day, (like *everything* I tried seemed bad/off on my skin) that I didn't bother to review. Dunno if it's my general state of exhaustion, or time of the month... but I'm going to wait a few days to do more reviews.

No, it's primarily floral, whereas Love at First Bite is all gourmand.

Really? I get a soft floral with black currants as the main note with an undertone of vanilla :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting a VERY light vanilla floral...I don't even know if I would call it floral. I can really pick out the honey. I love it. It is delicious.

It IS delicious! Chocolate you say? I smell no chocolate thank god. My skin HATES it (though weirdly, I still wanna try Rocket chick cause I loves the label so much.)

Vampire Bait Rules!!! Sugar Sugar Sugar! With juicy berries and honey. These are the topnotes on my skin and they last for a tasty long time. Then later on the phasedown I get the floral aspect and I can't pick them out individually. It's just a lovely summer bouquet sweetened by the berry sugar that lingers in the background.

White musk? Niet. Don't smell it an' I don't care.

Love the name, love the inspiration, love the bottle, LOVE THE SCENT!

A gawgeous spring and summer perfume, inspired by one of my favorite characters. Yay!!

Thanks again for makin this you wonderful women!

It IS delicious! Chocolate you say? I smell no chocolate thank god. My skin HATES it (though weirdly, I still wanna try Rocket chick cause I loves the label so much.)

Vampire Bait Rules!!! Sugar Sugar Sugar! With juicy berries and honey. These are the topnotes on my skin and they last for a tasty long time. Then later on the phasedown I get the floral aspect and I can't pick them out individually. It's just a lovely summer bouquet sweetened by the berry sugar that lingers in the background.

White musk? Niet. Don't smell it an' I don't care.

Love the name, love the inspiration, love the bottle, LOVE THE SCENT!

A gawgeous spring and summer perfume, inspired by one of my favorite characters. Yay!!

Thanks again for makin this you wonderful women!

It does rule, but what character is it based on? I am out of the loop.

The heroine in the Twilight book series. My impression, anyway - and kind of filtered through Cheeseburger's enthusiasm too. ;)

On me it's currant, honey and orchid. I find it incredibly deliciouso.

I'm wearing my sample of this right now and I'm loving it more and more, I'll need a bottle or a half at least. It's gentle and sweet and bright but not too bright, I don't know if that's really the word. Not too astringent either.Reminds me of something I may have smelled before but I don't know what. Great blend. Love :J001:

hmm I think they were talking about the chocolate in love at first bite, no?

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

The heroine in the Twilight book series. My impression, anyway - and kind of filtered through Cheeseburger's enthusiasm too. :D

On me it's currant, honey and orchid. I find it incredibly deliciouso.

That is what I thought...Kind of reminded me of Sugared Twilight....Wonderful creation though.

Starts out fresh and lemony. Definitely the lemon grass and lemon verbena up front. Next, I can feel the white sugar coming up. A slightly powdery feel. I think that the water lily and orchid are peeking through. Of course, my favorite note of all time (bamboo) is perfectly melded in the center. It has a strong grip on all of the ingredients and has intertwined with each of them. I like this much more than I thought I would. This is definately the Mrs. Harker kind of scent. Innocently appealing. I don't get any edible notes at all.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a clean, almost green, kind of quality to this in the vial for me. Definitely a Spring vibe. A touch of sweetness in the background. Once applied, the orchid is immediately the most prevalent note. I'm reminded of Sugared Orchids, but not quite, the sweetness is not so obvious to me. This is the kind of floral I can enjoy, in that it's a really well-blended experience of elements which equals an evocation of the idea, and it's soft while still maintaining sillage.

it's very nice....

i get a 'fuzzy' floral-berry impression first. i like the sweetness of it, sweetened floral. to my nose, there is a juicy quality to this perfume, with the fuzziness probably being the musk.

actually, it is reminicent of sweet lorien b (strawberry, rose & vanilla).

eta: i've had it on for awhile now; i see the berries fade way down and the musk softens the florals, it's really lovely and soft.

Edited by cyberianhussy

This is a very good interpretation of Twilight's heroine. Maybe it should be nicknamed Edward Bait. Also Mina Harker of Dracula could easily wear this too. On me, this fragrance is almost all delicious musk, the fruit wans quickly, the floral stays longer. it is light enough for day and sultry enough for night. Fan's of Lolita's Kiss would also like this.

• 5 months later...

I was initially afraid of the lemongrass/verbena, but this was a suprise hit with me! It's actually all sweet vanilla cream, honey and berries with a dash of tart lemon. It starts off a bit more lemony in the beginning and dries down all sweet and creamy. I'm glad it's so nomable, because anything with vamp, vampire, nosferatu, etc. on it basically screams my name to at least try it. Definitely a full bottle for me!

:666:

I love this one but I have a very hard time explaining what it smells like on me. At first it's very sharp. I think poison berry. But yet it's not your normal yummy berry smells, it's darker and heavier on application. After awhile it mellows out into a soft berry, kinda floral but not innocent floral. I think of a bouquet of dark dangerous flowers. I think it's an intoxicating scent. Truly one of my top 5 right now. When my friend wears it, it turns more "nice girl" on her, but on me it remains a dark, slightly stingy berry undertone. I get absolutely NOTHING honey or vanilla in it. It smells nothing like Lorien B on me. On me it's one of those fragrances that completely morph. It's so strange how it changes from individual to individual. I will say, I love it even more in an alcohol base. Usually I think the oils always smell prettier, but Vampire Bait mellows out a lot quicker for me when it's in alcohol form. Who knows, could be my imagination. I also like that it has real lasting power. I get the currants in it, I think it give it that crazy kick..but it's just the right amount of current.

Personally I think this scent is too mysterious and awesome for Bella. She's such whiny sissy! This fragrance is for REEEAL vampires that don't twinkle and shit. teehee sowwwwwy.

I love this one but I have a very hard time explaining what it smells like on me. At first it's very sharp. I think poison berry.

Personally I think this scent is too mysterious and awesome for Bella. She's such whiny sissy! This fragrance is for REEEAL vampires that don't twinkle and shit. teehee sowwwwwy.

That's exactly it, SG's amazing dark berry magic! Even though the vanilla cream shows up on me (and is very luscious), the gorgeous sinister background also sticks. And you just said it right there, that whining Bella isn't worthy of this scent--it's too decadent. This is for vampires that actually EAT people. I'm thinking more Anne Rice's Pandora or Bianca, both of whom are seduced by vampires and eventually turned into nosferatu.

• 2 months later...

OMG! This smells AMAZING on me. Wet I get the berries & sugar.....then roses, but not really stinky roses, just nice sweet roses, then it just dries down into floraly sweetness on me. I am so buying this one the next time around.

On me, this scent is very floral. I think there's a hint of lemongrass in the back after drydown, but it's still definitely mostly flowers.

It's a very spring-like, clean scent. I can see why it would be described as innocent.

I'm surprised no one has attacked the sexed up glossy romance cover vamps.

Oh I despise them too, but that's just me. Well, not the seduction aspect so much as the revisionist tack of portraying a vampire as a romantic hero.

Edited by luna65

• 1 month later...

This is very floral on me - a sweet floral. I wasn't sure how I'd like this, but I love the concept, so I had to try it. Luckily, it's turning out to be one of my favorites from the ones I ordered :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I loved this today! I did a blind grab out of my sniffie bowl and this is what I came up with.

In the vial it smelled somewhat soapy...completely different on my skin. It blossomed beautifully. I am so surprised I liked it this much because I didn't think I really liked florals. I get no berries or honey just a soft gorgeous indescribable floral. I guess I am getting the orchid and peony. It is refreshing but I wouldn't say it is a weak scent at all...it lasted all day and had a definite presence.

I got two compliments on it today...here is the funny one...

I left for work and saw my landlady next door and ran over to pay my rent. She is a very serious, direct woman. Not much for small talk and quite glamorous really. She took my rent, paused and said, "You smell absolutely lovely. What are you wearing?" (no exclamation point after the "lovely" as she said it very matter of factly)

I froze like DIHL as I realized what I was going to have to say to this woman with a straight face.

"Uh...Vampire Bait."

She lowered her head, peered over her spectacles, turned to the woman she was standing with and said "Great. That's all we need around here."

Dead serious, no smirk or laugh at all. :lol:

The next compliment was just sweet. My ex said I smelled *Heavenly* when I walked by him. :angel:

Glad I didn't put my second order in for the sale before I tried this! Have to get!!

• 1 year later...

Wore Vampire Bait yesterday and it was definitely a hit for me. I like floral scents, usually, and could smell them right away from the bottle. Once I applied the light musk was most prominent until it dried. It was nice (sometimes light musks trigger my migraines so I was wary), and after an hour or so I could smell the floral again that was slightly sweet but not like a honey/foody scent on me.

this is one of my LP faves, so light almost ethereal yet the scent of soft musk and florals lingers long after application. It has a certain majestic quality to it- this is not a perfume that any two euro trollop would wear- this has a 100% femme feel to it. It imbues me with the feeling that men should grovel before me and address me as votre altesse, a sensation I adore.

Edited by Indigo

this is one of my LP faves, so light almost ethereal yet the scent of soft musk and florals lingers long after application. It has a certain majestic quality to it- this is not a perfume that any two euro trollop would wear- this has a 100% femme feel to it. It imbues me with the feeling that men should grovel before me and address me as votre altesse, a sensation I adore.

Oh my! Perfect to be pared with LFM!!!

• 6 months later...

I'm trying to compare what people have reviewed to my own impressions.

Primarily this is dried red roses. I've had some middle eastern perfumes that have used a lot of rose oil in it (there's a couple of different rose oils but I'm not tutored enough to pick out which one) and this reminds me of that. I also smell a lot of "green" behind the rose smell, and partially (though it could be power of suggestion from reading above) that green quality takes on a little bit of lemon. The perfume is complex when I really stop to try to smell and pick out notes. I can smell some berries and maybe a little bit of sugar when I do this, but if I clear out my nostrils and just do a "fly by" where I'm not trying to pick apart notes, it then becomes mainly rose oil again.

On the positive side, I was immediately going to put this on the trade forum, but after wearing this for 30+ minutes it's starting to morph, or else my nose is starting to recognize other notes now that I've been trying to pick it apart.

As a sidenote, I will say that rose oil (rose absolute--though I've also tried rose otto, I think absolute works better) is said to help with depression. I read about this on earthclinic and tested it myself by rubbing a tiny bit under my nose or else keeping some on my hand to smell from time to time, and it seemed to help last winter. However now I haven't really been using rose oil because of Vit D, B complex, and some amino acids.

Even though I'm not a "rose" or a flower perfume person, I could see potentially keeping this bottle for the aromatherapeutic use of depression, for much the same reason as I don't like Heart's Ease as a perfume but like it for aromatherapy when I need some "cuddling" but I'm alone.

Are you sure you do not have this one mixed up with another "vampy" titled one? There are no roses in this blend at all.

This has been sold out for a while, but I am considering making another round of it just for the Amazon customers. It was one of our most popular Amazon sellers of all time, but not all that much attention for it over here. ::shrug::

I remember you saying that about it being really popular on amazon. I actually was going to leave a review but couldn't find it.

I'm going to reapply it and see again. I didn't have on any other "rose" perfumes (I had on LP Pink on my inner forearms and tried

this on the back of my hand) until much later but I'll see.

I'm surprised it came across so strongly as rose though....hm.

I grabbed the bottle and it is Vampire Bait (showing the neckline with the butterfly choker off to one side)

AD-VampBait__.jpg

ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol, beauty, refinement, fertility, psychic powers.

PEONY ~ Protective, used for exorcisms, happy life, happy marriage.

WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.

ORANGE BLOSSOM ~ Strong "magnet" to attract men, eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.

CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, magical representation of blood.

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive, use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover, happiness, fulfillment.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.

LEMON GRASS ~ Lust, increases psychic powers.

LEMON VERBENA ~ Makes one attractive to the opposite sex, adds power to other ingredients.

BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex-breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric, aphrodisiac, healing, spirituality, exorcism.

WHITE MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

I still smell rose, but I think now that I know what I'm looking for, from the reviews and the ingredients, I can see how the three flowers and the lemon might trick my nose. I know they'd never trick your nose but mine is rather behind the curve :) This smells a little bit sharper (sharp like red rose petals) than the baby roses that I had growing on a trellis. I think the lemon or lemongrass is offering that sharpness, but one or the other in conjunction with the sugar is also offering a really nice sweet lemon smell. Later on, I think it's the currant and sugar that comes through more with some flowers (this really did turn nice on me after an hour or more.) I guess I'm smelling the sandalwood and musk coming through but that could just be the power of suggestion. I don't particularly care of the vast majority of any type of sandalwood and so there's a little aspect of baby powder there when I'm trying to locate the sandalwood (what sandalwood reminds me of so this is normal for me and not a reflection on vampire bait, which I know you said was one of your favorites.) I think later on with the currants and sugar the sandalwood goes away. but I'll see in a little while since this is my second time testing it.

Edited by MissHazel