There's actually a semi popular theory that soy milk during infancy and youth can cause this. It's an endocrine disruptor and also triggers early onset puberty. My brother was given it because he couldn't have milk. He's gay, and I'm a believer in soy as a trigger.

ETA: I LOVE John Barrowman... and I find him ridiculously sexy. He's perfect for captain Jack, which BTW got picked up by STARZ.

OMG you totally read my mind! I hadn't read that theory. I was basing mine on the earlier theory of lack of test. & the prevalence & acceptance of homosexuality in the asian community ( huge consumers of soy). I'm mainly interested in the mechanics as I find the scientific explanations for any human behavior fascinating. After all the chemical reactiveness of our natures is undeniable. Which is also why I'm fascinated with scent & pheromones as a means of social experimentation. Personally, I could care less if any one is gay, lol. I've had the best complements from gay guys. I remember being in a South Beach nightclub with no bra on (brave in light of the rampant plastic surgery), wearing Realm(no cops). The loveliest man comes up to me, lifts my boob up with one finger & says "You're breasts are (_booblifting here) beautiful!" It was the highlight of my night :)

@ Luna Hmm I think David Bowie (in Labrynth) falls into that category for me also....

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, it also doesn't account for the XXY chromosomal that is scientifically proven to exist, or people proven to have two DNA sets (mothers who test as 'genetically unrelated' on DNA tests to children they've birthed). A little of it makes sense in reality, lol.

@ Luna. Right I was confusing his character name with his given name. Either way, I'd probably be willing to drink (a little) of John Barrowman's bathwater :woohoonaner2gy:

I have a very dear friend who is XXY. When I first met him, I really couldn't tell if he was a male or a female, and he also had an androgynous name, which drove me batty. (Like, an episode of "It's Pat" from SNL :)) Anyway, I talked him into using his middle name instead, because it was obviously masculine, and he eventually began receiving injections of testosterone which allowed him to grow facial hair for the first time in his life. But his preferences were always, he felt like a guy who was attracted to guys.

-----------------------

There was a CSI ep some years ago about a guy who had two sets of DNA, his top half and his bottom half of his body were as if from 2 different people. They explained that this happens sometimes when there are early twins in utero, and the cells of one of the twins sometimes are absorbed by the other....one baby, two sets of DNA.

I also heard another interesting theory, though I am not sure if there's any validity to it at all... One of my friends, who is a mirror twin, and a lefty, told me that she was told that all babies are supposed to be right handed. Left handed babies are actually mirror twins, but the "primary" right-handed twin did not survive / the cells were absorbed back into the mix.

All sorts of interesting stuff to learn and ponder in the world, aye? :)

The human (or any species) make-up is so very fascinating. You would think that due to sheer number of humans there would be so many more genetic mix ups. It's very humbling and a blessing when your DNA chain is intact. We have many brain disorders in my family.. We lovingly call it the brain worm....We are all a little nutty...but fun!!!!

LOL @ Mara...I loved the Pat skits....(they were live when I watched them)... :)

Edited by FAWN

• 3 weeks later...
OMG you totally read my mind! I hadn't read that theory. I was basing mine on the earlier theory of lack of test. & the prevalence & acceptance of homosexuality in the asian community ( huge consumers of soy). I'm mainly interested in the mechanics as I find the scientific explanations for any human behavior fascinating. After all the chemical reactiveness of our natures is undeniable. Which is also why I'm fascinated with scent & pheromones as a means of social experimentation. Personally, I could care less if any one is gay, lol. I've had the best complements from gay guys. I remember being in a South Beach nightclub with no bra on (brave in light of the rampant plastic surgery), wearing Realm(no cops). The loveliest man comes up to me, lifts my boob up with one finger & says "You're breasts are (_booblifting here) beautiful!" It was the highlight of my night ;)

@ Luna Hmm I think David Bowie (in Labrynth) falls into that category for me also....

I had that happen to me at a Drag Restaurant/Bar in the city once. I was walking to the bathroom & this tall, elegant TV cupped her (his) hand under one of my breasts & told me that I had "Such Lovely TaTas". It was the highlight of my night!

I had that happen to me at a Drag Restaurant/Bar in the city once. I was walking to the bathroom & this tall, elegant TV cupped her (his) hand under one of my breasts & told me that I had "Such Lovely TaTas". It was the highlight of my night!

:)

OMG you totally read my mind! I hadn't read that theory. I was basing mine on the earlier theory of lack of test. & the prevalence & acceptance of homosexuality in the asian community ( huge consumers of soy).

That's cultural. Homosexuality is a criminal offense in some Asian countries, for example China. In other places, it's more accepted. I don't think there's any evidence that homosexuality is more prevalent in Asian countries than in Western countries.

Also, while many Asian countries consume a lot of soy, they eat tofu and other fermented soy foods. Fermentation is an ancient process which removes a lot of the nasty chemicals in plant foods. Soy "milk" still contains those, along with a lot of nasty, nasty other chemicals, including naturally occurring POISONS that the plant uses to protect itself from things that want to eat it*. Soy lacks important nutrients. Children have died from being given soy milk instead of infant formula by misguided parents.

Soy has never been approved for human consumption by the FDA. Say 'noy' to soy!

Someone also mentioned gay men being "talented" - there seems to be some link between the brain developments that cause homosexuality and musical talent. Apparently also affects the relative finger length of the first and third fingers, but I don't have a link.

*So does wheat, which is why so many people are sensitive to wheat gluten.

Edited by tezza23

This time I wore Tail to a meetup (social/singles) group - restaurant and comedy club. I posted before about a strange experience where a guy in line at the post office made sure to stand as far away from me as he could when I was slathered in Tail.

Back to Saturday night: As soon as I met one particular guy I knew I was interested in him, too early to know if he was interested in me. We ended up sitting next to each other at dinner and he saved me a seat at the comedy club, we were leaning into each other subtly. Later we just talked for hours. I think the cops helped move things along. We're seeing each other again this week, it's wonderful because we have both been alone for a long time and we share similar cultural backgrounds.

Oh I am happy for you :10_small16: ...the talking for hours and having things in common,especially the cultural background is a very solid start to a relationship,yeah,and I suppose the cops did not hurt anything :D ...keep us posted,and I am wishing for most postive things!

Thank you all! Wore Tail again for our (long) first date today. He is so sweet, we are taking things slow but sexy, so today was just kissing and rubbing. I feel like a teenager again instead of a jaded adult. My personality brings him out of his shell and I think the cops bring out his sensuality. Now I want to try the a-nol stuff I can't wear on him and see what it does for me.

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 4 months later...

Scored a sample from LP and a bottle from Dolly in summer but never got down to try this out until tonight.

First impression, fruity, very sweet, bright and cheerful. Can't detect the cops even when wet. Seriously, I just can't pick out what this is made up of. Since it's loaded with EoW, it will save me some time from applying EoW straight up (so far, I have not ventured out of the house with EoW straight up under cover scent) or any of the cops loaded pheros.

-----------------------

There was a CSI ep some years ago about a guy who had two sets of DNA, his top half and his bottom half of his body were as if from 2 different people. They explained that this happens sometimes when there are early twins in utero, and the cells of one of the twins sometimes are absorbed by the other....one baby, two sets of DNA.

Mara, I remember listening to the most fascinating story on one of my favorite radio shows, called Radiolab, on NPR. They were talking about a woman who had to run DNA test and was found two sets of different DNA!! She was carrying two different DNAs because she was/is ... well two people. Her and her twin sister.

You can listen to the podcast for free here:

http://www.radiolab.org/2008/apr/07/

Go ahead, you won't regret it. I like that this shows how much compassion we should have for one another really, there's so much we don't know.

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Woo-Hoo.... It's the beginning of Summer so its time to break out the TAIL !!!!

Still adore this scent so very much !!!! This is one of my favorite Summer scents.... I received many compliments today!

*I did a little "Tail" shaking* :cat_girl5:

Ahhh I wish I could get some of this! I am hoping OCCO: Ambrosia will satisfy my need for a fruity covered cops blend, but if it doesn't... anyone have any TAIL I can grab? ;)

Have you tried Mermaids? It is fab with cops....not totally fruity, but fruity/floral/aquatic......covers cops fabulously, especially with the seaweed-y note already in it.....

• 7 months later...

I wanted some cops to go with my UN LFM but didn't have the time to wait naked in a cold bathroom for a full 20 mins plus risk stinking up the house for the rest of the day.

I went house viewing in the morning then off to the bank. Bank tellers at the local banks will need either the security guard or the floor manager to assist with photocopying the client's passport/iDs. The security guard didn't do the right thing the first time round so I explained to him what is needed. He stood right next to me from the beginning but was leaning on me as I told him what to do (arm contact). I had to tell him twice that he needed to copy the full page .....

Sounds like stupid-horny to me!

Sounds like stupid-horny to me!

Alway a nice compliment and fun to watch !!!! :666:

I attribute his behaviour to Tail (and not so much of LFM) as the experience at rest of the few banks I visited afterwards suck.

Edited by JOC

• 3 months later...

I never got this because I didn't want all fruit and melons; I like the seaweed, bladderwrack, kelpy notes that this one doesn't seem to have. But from reading your descriptions, this one might smell a lot like the Australian Gold spray gels I buy at the drugstore or Wal-Mart. So if any of you have any Australian Gold products and you have Tail, you might want to compare to see if you could use the Australian Gold gels or lotions as a general body lotion with Tail on top. I buy them for the SPF