Jungle Colada

luna65

AD-JungleColada.jpg

Jungle Colada

A good-time, feel-good, summery, fun and sexy concoction of frothy Strawberry, Coconut, Banana, Mango and Papaya. Wonderful love, sex and devotion properties!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
MANGO ~ Increases male libido, spiritually elevating.
PAPAYA ~ Love, protection, fertility, magnification of devotion.
BANANA ~ Fertility, potency, prosperity, lightens emotional burdens.
COCONUT ~ Protection, receptivity.
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is very very very strawberry! Although it's a different kind of strawberry than what we've had with the recent customs (IMO...Mara correct me if I'm wrong). Of course it could be that it has a different quality because of the other elements. After a time the mango comes out, juicy and bright. There's an underlying creamy sweetness which I attribute to the other notes (even papaya for me has a creamy quality rather than overly fruity) but I would say this is more brightly fruity than Me, Jane! which of course had vanilla so there was a different dimension to its' sweetness. Like Pirate Bumbo or Summer of Sin it's a vacation in a bottle, a yummy drink with fruit and umbrellas on a nice hot day with lovely scenery (and I don't just mean the beach ;) ).

Ohhh gosh I love how Pirate Bumbo and Me, Jane! smell...and I love mangoes and strawberries too...not a fan of papaya though but...

Just from your description I just might get me a sample of this one next time...just to be safe..to see how my chemistry handles this one first....

Thanks for your descriptions Luna65!

Well, the strawberry is the strongest note on me, but YMMV. There are also two Private Editions available which are predominantly strawberry: Lor's Honeyed Strawberry and Musk and Piia's Juicy Strawberry & White Musk. Out of the three, I actually prefer Lor's PE. But you should definitely try this if you're a strawberry fan, and M&D always make really fun summer scents.

Edited by luna65

The strawberry in this one is a candy-type strawberry, not a fresh juicy one. The strawberry is the dominate note on my, as it seems to be on others as well. The coconut is subtle and the other fruits are nicely blended and waft in and out. Very fruity. I am not really a fruity person, so this one is not one that I will keep around. However, for those that love fruity scents this is a good one.

This will be my summer staple, I can not quit huffing my arm!

Wet it smells like my cocoa butter/coconut body scrub, but then the fruits start to make an appearance & after it dries it turns into luscious, fruity, creamy, tropical sexiness. I want to lick my arm, but I know better.

Edited by coffeemama

I really like this one, too. Mostly 'cause of the creaminess of the whole blend. Strawberry is pretty dominant on me as well, followed closely by mango (or some other melon). I do get the coconut in good measure, but it's not overpowering, which I'm thrilled about 'cause I hate when fruity blends are all coconut and I end smelling like suntan lotion :)

Not the case at all with this one.

A creamy, fruity, summery dream!

I actually initially intended to give this sample to someone with a bunch of other samples as part of a bday pressie...but...I like it too much so I'm keeping it!

I'll find another one they can have.

Happy fruity bright summer fragrance. I don't get overpowering strawberry - it blends together on me into a general tropical feel.

This was a hit with the DH - he is a big fanboy of fruity perfumes. He finds them very sexy. Jungle Colada was no exception.

• 5 months later...

I'm not usually a fan of mango, papaya or banana, but since I got a sample of this, I gave it a chance. It's pretty nomable, actually...maybe a little too banana for me, but I really do like the strawberry and coconut (coconut is one of the few typically "summer" scents I actually like), so I think I'm going to have to give it another try or two before reaching my final verdict.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a couple sniffees of this. Too sweet 4 me, I usually like a citrus tang in w/ my ultra sweet scents. I do like that it's present. As my taste in food in scent is the same. I like strong, citrus, spicy, & especially exotic:)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Starts out with a strawberry KAPOW on me, super bright, which to me is really authentic strawberry, not like the super sickly sweet strawberry candy kind of sweet. Then very soon the banana and coconut start singing a little harmonious backup. Mixing metaphors I know. Very cheerful. Reminds me a little of the Escada vacation-y themed perfumes, especially Island Kiss, though even brighter, no overt sultriness here. I think this would be over the top delicious over something vanilla-y or ice creamy, like a sundae.

ETA mango has now cut in on the coconut and is joyfully cutting a rug with the strawberry. Divine!!

Edited by tyvey

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet yummy candy tart banana candy, then has high tartness that reminds me of w&w.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the fruitiness of this one. They meld together most deliciously!

I'm going to have to wear this on a day that I don't have 10 other LPs on to be sure, but I think I might want a full bottle of it. :)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm not giving up on this one yet because I know that skin chemistry changes. It's a pretty fruity and pleasant smell- the only thing I don't like is the banana. It comes out right away on me very strongly. Reminds me of those banana runts that I don't care for. Actually this is exactly what this reminds me of. Runts. I'm not a big candy whore but I love Runts- would die for them if they came without bananas. They always put extra bananas in the boxes. I usually pick them out, so I am going to hang on to this and see if it changes over time because I enjoy it- I just can't get past the banana part.

• 8 months later...

I must have been going on intuition alone when I chose the billions of sample perfumes that I ordered, because had the word "banana" actually stuck in my consciousness, I never would have ordered this. I've been looking at this sample since it arrived, and wondering "why?" Don't get me wrong, I love bananas. But when I was in Mexico, one of the guest houses lost the clothes that I'd set out to have washed before I had to take a long bus ride. It's sufficient to say that they were "misplaced", aka thrown out. And when I got them back, they smelled of rotten bananas, and they were all I had to wear both on the 9 hour bus ride, and for several days after I reached my tiny, no-store-in-sight destination. Yep. Gross. I never want to smell like banana again.

But I tried this out last night. I started with a little dab. And when that dried, I made a bigger smudge. And once that dried down, and I realized there was barely any 'nanner smell at all, I all but poured it on! It smells fantastic on me. It's fruity, but has sort of a fuzzy feel to it that I love, and it's not sugary sweet either. More adult on me than a fruity candy smell. I paired it with a few swipes of LAM Spicy Brown Sugar, and swooned. So did BF. He was a very, very big fan. So it's a win.

I'd wear this. I'm adding this to my now gigantic full bottle list.

• 4 weeks later...

I got this in a sniffee first and am so glad I got to try it out, because even in that I got hooked and ordered a trial size. I am thinking I should have gone straight to a full bottle. It is my favourite fruity scent. At first I didn't think it was that sweet, just fruity, but somehow it seems a lot sweeter now. Very candied fruits. It smells like Nectar de L'amour to me, which I also love. What is the common element between the two that smells so good??

• 2 months later...

Yummy candy fruit! If you like sweet, sugary scents then this one is for you. I get lots of strawberry, banana, coconut? At first, to me it smells like a pack of tropical starbursts. Like when you open the pack, and you get whiffs of all those fruity flavors. Now that it's settled, it's still candy like but not as tooth ache sweet. I adore fruity scents and this one is one full bottle list for sure.

• 1 year later...

I think yes you should have multiple bottles of this because it's a very sexy tropical scent. The banana isn't too upfront which I like. It can easily fall into the OCCO AMBROSIA/ FRAMBUESCA Y COCO/ CUCHI HEAD category. It's creamy, sweet, candied tropical drink. The dry down is to die for. I am considering getting a couple more bottles because I am slather happy and I am sad about missing out on Ambrosia.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This is still one of my absolute best summer fragrances!!! When the warmer days start to appear... I find myself gravitating toward Jungle Colada. It continues to give me consistant compliments. I gotta say you can tell when someone has walked in my "scent cloud" while wearing because with the women they are compelled to ask what scent I'm wearing and with the men there is much more of a "Me Tarzan" look :caveman: