Love Potion #9

katz

#9 is nothing like scented Cougar and the citrus is completely different. As far as LP Original, it's darker, richer and I find it very foody (that last bit may just be me).

#9 is pretty open as far a combining it with Pheros, IMO I don't see it with the heavier sex pheros but yes SS4W, which is a sexy/social, or pretty much anything this side of sexy social or social. I'd definitely get a couple of trials of the LP line. Gold and Pink are really good too.

Cheers for clearing that up, StacyK. I guessed they'd be different in the particulars despite any superficial similarities but I'm still intrigued. Thanks also for the suggestions about the LP line. ^_^

Cheers for clearing that up, StacyK. I guessed they'd be different in the particulars despite any superficial similarities but I'm still intrigued. Thanks also for the suggestions about the LP line. ^_^

Ditto here... LP Red started this whole crazy ride for me, so I'm intrigued by which LP to go to next. Thanks for the post StacyK.

• 4 months later...

AD-LP9-LovePotionNumberNine__.jpg

CITRUS ~ Energizing, uplifting, longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship, mental acuity.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

I keep staring the half full, MVP boosted spray of this that had been a gift to the ex. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, but seem evil part of me enjoys knowing that it's sitting there, not getting used by him :smiley-angelic008: Anyway, it still smells as fantastic as ever :)

• 1 month later...

So this is my first review of an LP potion. Still learning to discern the notes. I must say that I have had a very fun experience with it, despite not being able to wear it myself.

I got a sample of this, and smelled it in the vial: very citrusy and manly. Because my last LP order drew the attention of my SO, and because he teased me with "no more smokey poo scents, I hope" I decided to appease him and hand him this one. He didn't pay attention to it right away. Instead, he told me I smell like nice candles when I tried on 4 of my samples, and continued to play his video games. :kicking-dirt:

I told him his scent was like a fancier Giorgio Armani scent, to convince him to try it. He's such a princess sometimes.

At night, after he showered, he applied the LP #9. Wow! He kept asking me to smell him and that he smelled good. Yes, he did!

The next day, he came back from work and he told me he wore it to work. He told me: "I told people at work ". He NEVER says stuff like that. Especially not to people he's not very close to. He repeated that statement at least once more throughout the week. Now he wants to know how much a full bottle costs. Wow!

As for me, I applied two sample wand swipes - on my chest and forearms, and I felt it was rather sharp, manly citrus cologne scent, at least minutes within application. I might try it again once I get a full bottle for him, but as it stands, I don't know that I would choose this one for myself.

I am very happy I found an LP scent for my SO without intending it to be his from the beginning. When I ordered LP #9, I got it for me...

Now if I can only find an LP scent that he likes on me!

ETA: I guess I said CK resemblance, I don't remember... He is such a cologne snobby princess, I had to mention a fancy fragrance to convince him to try it.

Edited by phergineer

Lol, good review & yes, they can be, surprisingly, such huge prima donnas about fragrance! I think it's because it's easiest to go with what's been advertised to them. I ended up giving the bottle to my high schooler, he ran out of his fancy cologne & I figured MVP wouldn't do much harm at school, plus he is the new guy this year (after having been in the same school district most of his life).

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted so much to like this but I think I have issues wearing citrus. It gets very pointy on me and I get terrible headaches from it. It also turns a little too masculine on me as well. Initially, it is so pretty too. Some work and some don't. I'm so grateful there are so many fabulous scents to pick from! :)

• 2 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

I got a sample from LoveStruck. When I first smelled my vial, I remembered my childhood, playing under our cherry tree with my Barbie dolls. I used to have a small sample (that I had stolen from my mum) I put on my Barbie dolls that smelled a lot like this. It's amazing how a scent can bring back memories :)

• 3 months later...

I put this on my man last night and loved it! Clean citrus and musk, reminds me a bit of CK1 and other unisex blends back in the day. Only better.

Good stuff, uplifting, clean and fresh.

I'll be putting this on him quite often and def.considering an FB in the future.

• 4 years later...

This is definitely a masculine leaning scent. But something about it just feels so cool and fresh, like the refreshing feeling after a shower when you're all clean and the water evaporating off your skin keeps you nice and cool.  I don't know if I could pull it off in public, but I like wearing it at home on hot days while drinking ice water.

I'm always astonished by the range of "musk" smells. How can musk be the masculine, cologney musk in LP#9 AND the soft, vanilla-y fuzzy musk in Gossamer Threads AND the silky, humid musk of Lady Victoria's Sweet Little Pussycat AND the clean, woody musk of Ebil-ish???  I know different musks are different molecules, but when I see "musk" I never know what to expect!