Gothic Angel's Gothic Latte

gaia

I has a sniffie :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

Mind you, I have no clue as to the notes in this one yet, but......

On me this starts with a blast of coffee, not the bitter kind, sweetened coffee (it's a 'sugared' blend, right?). Which is very much a top note, because it tones down considerably on dry down and then it just fades away.

After the coffee-blast I can smell what I'd guess is a little cinnamon ......which adds just a little spiciness to the whole.

Finally it settles to a mocca/caramel scent which is totally yummie!!!

When I first sniffed this in the vial I skipped it, because coffee scents aren't usually for me......but for some reason I decided to put some on today anyway and I don't know if I should be glad that I did or not.........I think I want a bottle........maybe boosted with some Focus Potion.....seems fitting.

• 3 months later...

OMG, ladies (or gents), if you like coffee AT ALL, you've gotta have this! It is so deliciously yummy! I just put it on a few hours ago and I have gotten several comments already! It is definitely coffee, but on top of that you smell the dry cinnamon and crystal sugar on top of the froth! It is really an olfactory treat! I love La Vie, and sugared coffee, but this has an extra OOMPH on top that is really different! If you were considering this at all, or even if you weren't, DO IT!003-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.com].gif003-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.com].gif

Oh I didn't realize I had never reviewed this....

Well Gothicangel beat me to getting this one as a PE - I have a Cinnamon Vanilla Latte candle that I adore and I wanted to be able to roll it all over myself! Gothic Latte captures it perfectly. A yummy strong coffee scent, but with the cinnamon and vanilla it is just incredible.

DH and I squabble over who will wear this one...

• 2 weeks later...

I am kinda intrigued too. I have never really wanted to wear coffee scents but since I gave it up last month this one seems to keep catching my eye. I am a little scared of the cinnamon though, can anyone tell me if it's very spicy? I have had reactions to 2 cinnamon scents but they were both very spicy Violette Market blends.

I am kinda intrigued too. I have never really wanted to wear coffee scents but since I gave it up last month this one seems to keep catching my eye. I am a little scared of the cinnamon though, can anyone tell me if it's very spicy? I have had reactions to 2 cinnamon scents but they were both very spicy Violette Market blends.

To my nose this is just a light sprinking of cinnamon dust, like you would toss a touch on the foam of your cappucino...not heavy, lush in-your-face cinnamon. It's not a spicy blend at all. But if you are reactive to cinnamon...mightn't even a tad be too much?

Hey yous-I like the construct of this, I do. But I really dont wanna smell like a cup of coffee. Aint my thang, thats why I never got La vie Bohimme either.

Soooooo----some of ya know I'm on a cleaning spree-landlord is selling my flat and I want to look like the tenant that peepee's gold so they wont make me move.

But

When thats done you guys can have my sniffies of this-I'd only use em in a burner. Beccah, your up for for sure. I'll haveta take stock of unwanted sniffies and put em in the freebie forum on the trade post.

Thanks to the lovely Geena I have a sniffee and I don't really get the coffee as much as the brown sugar and cinnamon. I like it, though, because the Sugared Coffee did not work on me at all and I do love coffee scents (I must have about 5 or 6 from other perfumers). I guess maybe it's like a warm drink on me but I don't know if it's really coffee (not like the male version of La Vie de Boheme is).

To my nose this is just a light sprinking of cinnamon dust, like you would toss a touch on the foam of your cappucino...not heavy, lush in-your-face cinnamon. It's not a spicy blend at all. But if you are reactive to cinnamon...mightn't even a tad be too much?

I haven't quite figured out the ratio of cinnamon in a blend that makes me react, I just know that I have had reactions to only one brand and it was full blown in your face spicy cinnamon. I have had so many others that I don't react to, but they are always well blended and lighter on the cinnamon. This one sounds like it might be okay. And yummy!

• 4 weeks later...

Coffee made sexy is exactly it. Let me just say that if Starbucks had this, I'd be getting somewhere around five of them a day. :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co It really is "deeply delectable" like the description says--the coffee, which isn't dominant and bitter at all but mild, mixes smoothly with creamy vanilla, decadent brown sugar ( I love how brown sugar just has this deeper and more "caramelized" quality than white, though white definitely has its place) and a kick of cinnamon. At least this lets me indulge and still fit into my jeans!

Edited by Invidiana

This is my new latest favorite...I love the smell of coffee, but not the taste, and this is the best smelling coffee I've been around in a while! Almost makes me WANT to try coffee again...if it only tasted like it smells. I love the hint of cinnamon and creaminess in it.

• 3 months later...

Madly in love with the part of my arm that this is on. Smells exactly the way I expected: piping hot cinnamon bun with a nice strong cream-and-3-sugars-coffee on the side. Wish I could buy bottles and bottles of this.

ETA make that coffee with vanilla bean ICE CREAM in it. The creaminess in this seems much sweeter and fattier than in the *amazing* Jo Anna's Sweet Winter Chai which of course this was otherwise reminding me of.

Edited by tyvey

• 3 years later...

I just got this in a trade and the package came here last week. And as expected I do love the scent a lot.

It has obviously aged since the last review here, and at least on me the creaminess reported here is almost undetectable. It smells totally yummy and drinkable though, like a delicious sweetened dark roast coffee with cinnamon. Wonderful and happy scent for a coffee lover that I am.

• 1 year later...
Guest cutie.pie

I got a sniffie some time ago, but tried it the other day for the first time. I like it! On my skin I can't detect coffee that much...all I get is yummy spiciness!! :P