Love Potion: Pink

Another issues which is emerging for me is vanilla. I think I've nailed down that vanilla is the culprit for fragrances going plastic or as I call it "play doh" on me. But that doesn't happen with both LP pink and RED.

You know, I've been wondering about vanilla a bit lately. Vanilla was the only common ingredient between Tabby and Kitten Nip, which both ended up having the same nasty scent on me (though only a hint of it in Kitten Nip). And now I'm getting the same thing in LP Pink. On the other hand, I can wear other fragrances with vanilla with no problem - Darling Catalina, OCCO White, Mara's Rocket Fuel III, etc. Perhaps it's a "foody" vs "non-foody" vanilla thing? I really don't know.

• 1 month later...

Is this really similar to Pink Sugar? Does the patchouli really amp in this? I can't do strong patch scents but adore pink sugar... Would love a pink LP scent and thinking of trying this...

Is this really similar to Pink Sugar? Does the patchouli really amp in this? I can't do strong patch scents but adore pink sugar... Would love a pink LP scent and thinking of trying this...

For what it's worth, I love Pink Sugar and yet I didn't like this much until I converted it into a spray, and even then I think I probably like Pink Sugar a little better. There are other pink smells from LP that I like a lot more... for example, Tera's Tickled Pink, Kim's Pink & Orange Dragon, Lauren's Sweet Pink Fairy, Pom Pom Nom Nom, Spinerett. Some of them might be GGG but take a look at them if you are after pink as they work better for me at least. Just my opinion, and I know a lot of others here adore LP Pink.

I swear Occo Pink smells more like Pink Sugar to me than LP Pink. Which is weird as I am sure there is no cops in the commercial Pink Sugar!! :lol:

• 3 months later...

Just stopping by to rhapsodize about the taffy opacity and chewiness of this. Aging has been its friend. So grateful to have it.

ETA I'm deliberately posting here and not in the LP PINK 2009 thread because I'm talking about LP PINK original, not 2009's.

Edited by tyvey

• 11 months later...

I have just discovered the magic of LP Pink. And now I must hoard it.

When I first rolled it on there was a brief sickening moment of nauseating, slightly vomity sweetness. I've never had a perfume smell that wrong before.

Then all of a sudden it sort of blossomed on my skin, like a magical flower, and turned into a delicious pink goddess scent. This makes me feel so young and soft and feminine and naturally gorgeous. It seems to have some kind of strange power as well- it's a light, airy kind of scent but its throw and staying power is so strong for me that with just one small roll on the top of my wrist I've been smelling it all day, everywhere I go, and I can't get over its loveliness. It's soft and sexy and seems all quiet and innocent but then it lures you in like a delicate pink succubus that will seduce you till she has your soul.

I love it when you find a scent that feels like it's so naturally congruent with your personality, and melds so well with your chemistry, that it's like you've discovered a part of yourself hiding inside it. This one is like that for me. It helps me connect with my own natural beauty.

Edit: I forgot to add that I tested out LP Red, LP Black and LP Gold at the same time in different areas. This scent has outlasted all the others, which seems strange since Black & Red are stronger.

Edited by vladmyra