Top Five

mountainwitch

I don't *think* there's a topic like this on the board already; my sincere apologies if that's the case! I've seen people open topics for the sexiest love potion, but what would you say are your top five? Do you find yourself drawn more to the "Sugared" line, the Love Potions, or something different?

I'm thinking my five favorites are these . . .

1) Raven Moon

2) Love Potion: Black

3) Sugared Bonfire

4) Santa Carla

5) Sugared Pumpkin

Of course, that leaves out a lot of other favorites, like Hallowtide, Lolita's Kiss, and Sugar-Fried Bananas . . . But when it comes down to it, I think that's a pretty good snapshot of my Love Potion "tastes" as of right now.

So what are yours?

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just five?? Only FIVE! :unsure:

As a newbie I haven't tried a lot of the potions yet, but I really like these:

1) Artemis

2) Hecate's Night Potion

3) Medium

4) Sabra's Secret

5) Sugared Amber

May

Great topic! Here are my current top five:

1. Sugared Bonfire

2. LP: Autumnal Equinox 2007

3. Sugared Patchouli

4. LP: Black

5. Sugared Nag Champa

but I reserve the right to change my mind as I try new scents! :)

Hhhmmmmm.....let's see:

1. Persuasion Potion

2. Revenge Potion

3. Phero Girl

4. Fairy Massacre

5. Medium

You can play the "one of these things is not like the others" while looking at my list. Four green herbally resiny blends and one straight up honey-sex one. If I wear them in rotation it's like:

1. Normal day

2. Normal day

3. Give me some.... :)

4. Normal day

5. Normal day

I definitely should have called this topic "Your Current Top Five!" :) It's really cool to see who has similar tastes--as well as how often "Love Potion: Black" pops up. Not to mention we got a couple of hints about upcomings . . . Yay!

You can play the "one of these things is not like the others" while looking at my list. Four green herbally resiny blends and one straight up honey-sex one. If I wear them in rotation it's like:

1. Normal day

2. Normal day

3. Give me some.... :D

4. Normal day

5. Normal day

HA! That's fabulous. Well, you know what they call Wednesday . . . *runs and hides*

I definitely should have called this topic "Your Current Top Five!" :) It's really cool to see who has similar tastes--as well as how often "Love Potion: Black" pops up. Not to mention we got a couple of hints about upcomings . . . Yay!

HA! That's fabulous. Well, you know what they call Wednesday . . . *runs and hides*

I probably shouldn't ask this.... But I don't know....

Um. What do they call Wednesday???

May

I probably shouldn't ask this.... But I don't know....

Um. What do they call Wednesday???

May

Well, since it's all uphill to Wednesday, and downhill from there to the weekend, they call it hump day. Of course, humps come in all sizes and interpretations.

Well, since it's all uphill to Wednesday, and downhill from there to the weekend, they call it hump day. Of course, humps come in all sizes and interpretations.

LMAO

Thanks!!

I hadn't heard that one before! :)

May

This is subject to change:

1) Sugared Patchouli (especially layered with Sugared Peaches)

2) Benzaiten's Good Fortune Potion

3) Musky Dusky Fresh Cut Greenery

4) Magick

5) Santa Carla (Athena is a close runner-up...so is Mercury Retro Naught...and so on and so on...)

Just five?? Only FIVE! :unsure:

As a newbie I haven't tried a lot of the potions yet, but I really like these:

1) Artemis

2) Hecate's Night Potion

3) Medium

4) Sabra's Secret

5) Sugared Amber

May

Funny how fast this has changed:

Currently

1) Sugared Honeycomb

2) Sugared Bonfire

3) Sugared Amber

4) Artemis

5) Medium

And until recently I thought I was not a fan of anything "sugared"! I suspect everything will change every month. Now if yo guys can come up with something to help me with my teaching. IE, help others to learn! That would be fab!

May

I just got the November sample pack and I have to say Frosted Mulberry, Cranberry and Plum is FANTASTIC and will become a bottle, since I've demolished the poor sample already. Guess that knocks all the previous favs down a notch. (Though having a full bottle of PheroGirl is vera vera niiiiice ;D)

• 1 month later...

Ok, I am resurrecting this thread now that I have tried bunches of the scents here.......AND since the new releases have come out and some people's lists may have changed......its very hard to narrow it down to just 5.....BUT my picks would be:

1. Messalina......I WISH you would make more of this.....I absolutely ADORE it.....so does EVERYBODY who has smelled it

2. Dark Seductions.....or as my fiancee calls it...."Instant Erection"

3. LP Red or Black (a tie).....totally seductive and yummy

4. Sugared Honeycomb......sex in a bottle

5. Isis.......hot and spicy......like me...... :D

I like so many others......more being added to the fave list every day, like Sabra, Mummy Stuffing, Medium, and soooooo many others.... :angry:

My 9 year old son's fave on me is Autumn Equinox......every time I put it on, he follows me around the house, saying......Mommy, you smell good..... :)

I think that Messalina and Dark Seductions surprised me the most. I usually prefer the resinous scents, and am not really big on florals. But these two were done in such a way that they are not your "typical" florals........the name "Dark Seductions" is perfect for that scent.....it is deep and dark, and veeeeery sexy. Messalina is decadent and rich, and very sexy too, but in a totally different way.....I hope that you make it again, because it is definitely on my "A" list.......

Edited by Dolly

What I've been wearing most this week:

1. Chakra Potion

2. LP Autumn

3. Spider Silk

4. Justice Potion

5. Nox

I don't know how you ladies decide what to wear in the mornings, having all of the choices laid out in front of you......I have a hard time choosing already, even with my arsenal of LP scents, which I am sure is much smaller than yours.....some days I wear one on one arm and one on the other......if I worked there, I'd probably wear so many at one time that I'd be walking around smelling like a french wh*rehouse, as my mom used to say.... :)

Edited by Dolly

Oh, you just reminded me! I have been wearing Ashes to Dust EVERY DAY since New Year's! I have been just dabbing a drop between my shoulder blades to ward off bad things that may creep up behind me. ::wink::

How to decide? Well, a lot of times it is what is close at hand. I've been keeping a bottle of LP Autumn in my makeup bag as it's a current fave, so I put it on when I put on my makeup in the morning. I also have a bottle of Chakra Balancing Potion on my desk, and dab it on my temples when I get stressed.

Other times, it's a suggestion from one of you on the message boards - you review it, and I think, HEY! I haven't worn that one in a while! And then other times, it is because of the magical properties. When I leave the house, I consider my intent for the day, and pick a potion that corresponds to that.

Oh, you just reminded me! I have been wearing Ashes to Dust EVERY DAY since New Year's! I have been just dabbing a drop between my shoulder blades to ward off bad things that may creep up behind me. ::wink::

Maybe I need a few BIG bottles of Ashes to Dust to ward off bad things, like.........my three ex-husbands, for instance!! :) My sample may be used up really quick!!

Now if yo guys can come up with something to help me with my teaching. IE, help others to learn! That would be fab!

May

May, You are a teacher? Oh, how fun... Me, too! What subject and what grade/age? I teach sixth and seventh grade special education, math resource. I LOVE TEACHING!

How to decide? .... I also have a bottle of Chakra Balancing Potion on my desk, and dab it on my temples when I get stressed... And then other times, it is because of the magical properties. When I leave the house, I consider my intent for the day, and pick a potion that corresponds to that.

See, now, the wearing with intent and the magical properties is exactly what I was talking about when I said I needed a "bat belt" like Batman (I think that was when we were discussing the conflict resolution scents)... I finding myself thinking, "Oh, if only I had (blank) with me today, that might have helped." As a result, I want to have ALL the scents close at hand, ready to use when I need them, the perfect scent to assist me with whatever comes up... Communication, Persuasion, Pied Piper, Musky Dusky Greenery, et al so I can be the ultimate teacher... Dark Seductions, Love Potion Black, et al to set the perfect seductive atmosphere... Communication and Justice so I can mediate the disputes at home, school, and when I volunteer-mediate (too busy to make it a profession but I truly love doing it)... Chakra Balancing to keep it ALL together... and now I want Ashes to Dust between my shoulder blades (LOL).... I just need a "bat belt" with every scent at hand...

I have been wondering... do the scents have to be perceptible to be effective? By that I mean, is it the "perceiving" (and, I don't mean necessarily a conscious perception... the Greenery is working great in the classroom and the students are not necessarily actively perceiving it) of the scents that leads to certain effects or is it simply enough that they are there, doing their neurological magic (binding to neurons even if we "cover" by layering scents), or however it is the effects come into play; or, if we use one scent and then layer with another, are we, in comingling the scents, likewise comingling the effects? And, if it is comingling, is there a synergistic effect... or, like a chemical change, are we creating an entirely different effect?

Okay, Potion Master and Sinister Girl, educate me!

I have been wondering... do the scents have to be perceptible to be effective? By that I mean, is it the "perceiving" (and, I don't mean necessarily a conscious perception... the Greenery is working great in the classroom and the students are not necessarily actively perceiving it) of the scents that leads to certain effects or is it simply enough that they are there, doing their neurological magic (binding to neurons even if we "cover" by layering scents), or however it is the effects come into play; or, if we use one scent and then layer with another, are we, in comingling the scents, likewise comingling the effects? And, if it is comingling, is there a synergistic effect... or, like a chemical change, are we creating an entirely different effect?

Okay, Potion Master and Sinister Girl, educate me!

Well, here is my take on the matter. When we blend something for a specific magical purpose, the balance of the ingredients can at times be very important, so if you're messing with that balance, you can negate the 'magic' of the potion. This is especially true with ritual potions such as Chakra Balancing Potion, Manifestation Potion and Justice Potion for which I worked really hard to measure and balance and empower each of the entities within them. (You will usually see these described as 'ritual' potions on our site.)

With other blends, it is not as important. Some are a collection of ingredients that share similar properties, such as love attraction, prosperity attraction, etc, and the amount of each ingredient is not as crucial - it is brewed to smell good, so if you add other things to adjust it to your senses, it's not really messing with the magic.

Now, does it have to be perceptable? Yes. Consciously? No. The potions are supposed to evoke a subconscious reaction in people, based upon their emotional reactions to the scents, and also the vibe that the wearer may be emitting while wearing the scent. It is the art of persuasion, via aroma. It is meant to be so subtle, that the person is not aware they are being persuaded by it.

I am often asked if these will work like a spell over long distances, when the object cannot smell the potion, and the answer to that is NO. If you want to effect the person at a distance, you need to place the scent in their hands - a scented letter or object, a scented necklace, a hankerchief, something like that, and make sure that the person associates the scent with YOU.

Hope that helps answer your questions!

Well, here is my take on the matter. When we blend something for a specific magical purpose, the balance of the ingredients can at times be very important, so if you're messing with that balance, you can negate the 'magic' of the potion. This is especially true with ritual potions such as Chakra Balancing Potion, Manifestation Potion and Justice Potion for which I worked really hard to measure and balance and empower each of the entities within them. (You will usually see these described as 'ritual' potions on our site.)

With other blends, it is not as important. Some are a collection of ingredients that share similar properties, such as love attraction, prosperity attraction, etc, and the amount of each ingredient is not as crucial - it is brewed to smell good, so if you add other things to adjust it to your senses, it's not really messing with the magic.

Now, does it have to be perceptable? Yes. Consciously? No. The potions are supposed to evoke a subconscious reaction in people, based upon their emotional reactions to the scents, and also the vibe that the wearer may be emitting while wearing the scent. It is the art of persuasion, via aroma. It is meant to be so subtle, that the person is not aware they are being persuaded by it.

I am often asked if these will work like a spell over long distances, when the object cannot smell the potion, and the answer to that is NO. If you want to effect the person at a distance, you need to place the scent in their hands - a scented letter or object, a scented necklace, a hankerchief, something like that, and make sure that the person associates the scent with YOU.

Hope that helps answer your questions!

I was wondering this myself......thank you for this post, very informative. Insomuch that sometimes it can be a subconcious reaction, it is quite similar to pheromones. For instance, straight synthetic copulins (like EoW) can smell strong, and not so good......but, they really illicit a reaction from males.....

I really appreciate your response. I have been mulling this over for a bit. And, perhaps I should clarify. Regarding your scents, I was referring to our discussion about layering Justice and Communication (in our discussion about mediation blends). So, reading your response above... I should either apply them in separate places...or allow for a dry-down between layering... in order to maintain the balance? By the way, Chloe and I agree... every scent we have tried from LP has impressed us as wonderful/gorgeous/lovely; they do not disappoint and are all wonderfully blended. I do appreciate very greatly the artful science you have mastered in creating them and wish to respect it as fully as possible. It is very important to me that I clarify that particular issue.

I was primarily thinking about scents I have purchased from another etailer. Before finding LP, I had discovered another online perfumerie and I found myself enticed by their descriptions. I ordered several of their scents, which are supposed to be blended along ancient recipes. And, as for their "purpose", they do seem to work but, unlike your blends, I don't appreciate the smells. So, I want the effect but not the scent (I mean, I spent the money on the bottles and I certainly like the effects... so I would like to be able to use them). Funny, but the smells are almost counterproductive for My Beloved; it's interesting... they seem to be effective... and yet he will later make comments ranging from "What are you wearing that smells like cake?" (he really dislikes foody scents) or "That's too spicy." and even "That smells like burning a**!" which I find to be a really strange comment because burning flesh is a horrid smell. He has also said "Ugh, burning feet and chocolate mix." I quess I'm not the only one with a strange nose... Anyway, I would like to use the scents (again, it was money invested) but also have something which both My Beloved and I regard as an attractive scent.

And, yes, Dolly... I was actually thinking about how you and others discuss the pheromone scents and "covering" them when I have been pondering what to do with these bottles I have on hand. I really have been thinking about using the sugared honeycomb you have raved about (btw, just got a sample in my most recent order which I was able to pick up today... it is every bit as good as you have described!)

I really appreciate your response. I have been mulling this over for a bit. And, perhaps I should clarify. Regarding your scents, I was referring to our discussion about layering Justice and Communication (in our discussion about mediation blends). So, reading your response above... I should either apply them in separate places...or allow for a dry-down between layering... in order to maintain the balance? By the way, Chloe and I agree... every scent we have tried from LP has impressed us as wonderful/gorgeous/lovely; they do not disappoint and are all wonderfully blended. I do appreciate very greatly the artful science you have mastered in creating them and wish to respect it as fully as possible. It is very important to me that I clarify that particular issue.

I was primarily thinking about scents I have purchased from another etailer. Before finding LP, I had discovered another online perfumerie and I found myself enticed by their descriptions. I ordered several of their scents, which are supposed to be blended along ancient recipes. And, as for their "purpose", they do seem to work but, unlike your blends, I don't appreciate the smells. So, I want the effect but not the scent (I mean, I spent the money on the bottles and I certainly like the effects... so I would like to be able to use them). Funny, but the smells are almost counterproductive for My Beloved; it's interesting... they seem to be effective... and yet he will later make comments ranging from "What are you wearing that smells like cake?" (he really dislikes foody scents) or "That's too spicy." and even "That smells like burning a**!" which I find to be a really strange comment because burning flesh is a horrid smell. He has also said "Ugh, burning feet and chocolate mix." I quess I'm not the only one with a strange nose... Anyway, I would like to use the scents (again, it was money invested) but also have something which both My Beloved and I regard as an attractive scent.

And, yes, Dolly... I was actually thinking about how you and others discuss the pheromone scents and "covering" them when I have been pondering what to do with these bottles I have on hand. I really have been thinking about using the sugared honeycomb you have raved about (btw, just got a sample in my most recent order which I was able to pick up today... it is every bit as good as you have described!)

Yes, the Sugared Honeycomb does a good job of covering....I have also found that Dark Seductions (one of the faves that we have in common) is also really good for covering/hiding the unwanted smells. Medium is another one that works pretty well for cover.....it is quite a powerful scent, also. You might want to try some of those as cover scents over the undesirables.....

• 3 weeks later...
... I needed a "bat belt" like Batman (I think that was when we were discussing the conflict resolution scents)... I finding myself thinking, "Oh, if only I had (blank) with me today, that might have helped." As a result, I want to have ALL the scents close at hand, ready to use when I need them, the perfect scent to assist me with whatever comes up...

:) I found my "bat belt".... a small "mini valet" satchel from Target. It is a small satchel with a zippered central pocket (detachable) with interior zippered side pockets, all which folds up into itself, forming a small rectangular handled packet. I slip my LPs inside (aphros in one side pocket, other blends in the other side pocket, and those extra "dangerous" pheromone blends in the central pocket) then I slip it into my makeup bag and I'm ready to be scented for any occasion!

<_< I found my "bat belt".... a small "mini valet" satchel from Target. It is a small satchel with a zippered central pocket (detachable) with interior zippered side pockets, all which folds up into itself, forming a small rectangular handled packet. I slip my LPs inside (aphros in one side pocket, other blends in the other side pocket, and those extra "dangerous" pheromone blends in the central pocket) then I slip it into my makeup bag and I'm ready to be scented for any occasion!

Ooooooh, I may have to get one of those......that sounds so cool...... :(

Okay as always I reserve the right to change my mind often and with out warning! LOL Pink! was my favorite FOREVER but I think Autumnal Equinox has beat it out, but just barely! :)

LP: Autumnal Equinox 2007

Pink!

Fairy Massacre

Sugared Grapefruit

Hathor