Moon Goddess: Isis

donthate

Part of our Moon Goddess Collection for female empowerment. Isis is the most sensuous, sultry scent in our collection... Ancient resins layered with the alluring, edible-scented sweetness of honey and brown sugar. It will make your lover yearn to uncover all the mysteries within you.

I recently rediscovered Isis, it's really perfect for the cooler seasons because it's so warm and comforting. It's golden-brown, sweet but not foody, very warm and deep, and really just lovely. Anyone else have this? What other scents have a similar feel?

Part of our Moon Goddess Collection for female empowerment. Isis is the most sensuous, sultry scent in our collection... Ancient resins layered with the alluring, edible-scented sweetness of honey and brown sugar. It will make your lover yearn to uncover all the mysteries within you.

I recently rediscovered Isis, it's really perfect for the cooler seasons because it's so warm and comforting. It's golden-brown, sweet but not foody, very warm and deep, and really just lovely. Anyone else have this? What other scents have a similar feel?

I love Isis too! Love Potion Black has a similar resinous sweetness, only it's a bit less mellow, more intense, has a little sexy edge to it.

(this is a really old review-I'm sure a lot of the notes I picked up are wrong, but here's the review anyway...)

Isis

In bottle: honey! Deep, rich honey with resins...a very 'Ancient Egyptian' scent!

On skin: wow. This is gorgeous! I can smell honey and resins and spices, but now I smell something richer and sweeter which is either a fruit or floral? Maybe rose? It reminds me of a tropical fruit scent as well. can't say which fruit, but it's sweet, deep and almost juicy. As this is an Egyptian blend, I'm inclined to say pomegranate, grape/wine or date, maybe fig? Whatever it is, it's gorgeous, very sultry and seductive!

Ooh, I think I might know what that deep fruity note is-wine! I think it's a sweet red grape or wine note, mingling with honey, and possibly some other fruits like dates or pomegranates, and also some spices (I swear there's cardamom in here! yes!) and resins like amber and myrrh, possibly with some floral notes? Even a smidgen of kyphi incense? (at times it reminds me of DSH Khyphi, one of my favourite scents.) I can't tell really, but I don't mind, because I love this complex and beautiful scen...a scent that is warm and golden like Egyptian sunlight, and very exotic and mesmerising.

Later, the scent is a delightful mix of warm cardamom (I adore this spice) red wine and hints of honey and myrrh. It's a true kyphi incense scent, and there's a real feel of heat to this scent, brings to mind ancient spice markets under the desert sun with incense smoke wafting from nearby temples.

After about 5 hours, the scent is now pure amber! Wonderful sweet golden Egyptian amber that lasts for hours and hours on my skin.

Verdict: this is definitely the scent of an Egyptian goddess. this really is as wonderful as I expected, a beautiful mixture of ancient spices, honey, wine, incense and amber that is entrancing and exotic, and full of mystery. I adore this, and I think Isis is my favourite LP of all...I have three bottles!

Edited by whiskerswhispers

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to try this one! I just had to get one of the last bottles of Isis before it sold out! Also got a sample of "medium", since they are supposed to be similar. I just adore the darker scents!

Mara and Danna, shame on you......I am going to go broke in here! There are so many more I want to try! Soon I'm going to need a sign...."Will Work for Love Potion Perfumes".... :blink:

Edited by Dolly

• 2 weeks later...
I can't wait to try this one! I just had to get one of the last bottles of Isis before it sold out! Also got a sample of "medium", since they are supposed to be similar. I just adore the darker scents!

Mara and Danna, shame on you......I am going to go broke in here! There are so many more I want to try! Soon I'm going to need a sign...."Will Work for Love Potion Perfumes".... :wub:

This is so fabulous! Not sugary sweet, but a hint of sweetness, riding just underneath the spicy resinous scents. Ooooooooooh, I think I am in love with this one!!!

This is so fabulous! Not sugary sweet, but a hint of sweetness, riding just underneath the spicy resinous scents. Ooooooooooh, I think I am in love with this one!!!

Well, it's official......my fiancee loved this one, too. He's very glad that I got a full bottle before it sold out. He describes it as dark and very sexy.

And, a tip on this one.....let's see, how can I put this delicately.....hmmmmm.......after drydown, if your body heat rises (for some reason :) ), the scent of this one will fill the room......

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I know it's probably not appropriate to post an additional review on this one since it is sold out.....HOWEVER......I just had to add an additional experience because I layered it with pheros and got a WOW reaction.

OK, so a few months ago, I sold my bottle of Isis.....DUH.....I regretted it almost immediately! I didn't wear it often, but when I wanted that combination of spicy, warm, and sweet all at the same time, I reached for ISIS. OMG, what had I DONE???? :goldfish5:

Thankfully, I got a bottle in a trade recently. Thank you!!!! :jumpforjoy:

Anywhoooooo, I was wearing my Isis yesterday, phero-free, just enjoying the richness of the scent. My sweetie called to say he was on his way over, and Isis was still present, so I dabbed on some Blatant Invitation, and covered it with ISIS......the stage was set!

So, my man comes in, walks past me, stops dead. Turns around and says....."What are you wearing?" I said, "ISIS. You've smelled it before." Well, he said that it smelled VAGUELY familiar, but that it must have been a long time ago, because he couldn't specifically remember. So, he comes over, and takes a BIG whiff.....says "WOW. Why haven't you been wearing that one more often?" So, I explained to him what happened, and he said....."Glad you got another bottle. That's a winner. I am extremely turned on." I'm sure that was probably partly due to the ISIS, and partly due to the pheros, which he did not know I was wearing.....teehee....

Let me tell you.....for a weekday, OMG. We were trying to be quiet, because my son was sleeping right down the hall.....BUT, all I have to say is, it's a good thing he's a sound sleeper!!

He kept on burying his head in my neck, saying, "Damn, you smell good. That one is hot. I LIKE."

I guess the moral of the story is this.....before you trade a sold-out scent, be DAMN SURE that its what you want to do!!

Edited by Dolly