Ail's Voluptuous Vanilla

cirish77

Wow...this is just the perfect vanilla, a thick, rich, buttery vanilla that only gets better as it dries down and a certain warmth and sweet muskiness come through from the amber and tonka. I wanted to lick my arm so bad! :666:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amping the pink sugar on this one to the point where there's just a vanilla tinge almost like a berry cream soda...

No foody-scent ho should be without this.

:(:lol::lol:

I wore this out to dinner the other day and I kept forgetting I had it on and was like, "What the hell is that amazing smell?"

Edited by Invidiana

!!!! you're a genius! Although I love CE's zero-drydown and spiciness, there's always been something that faintly turns me off about it... and maybe I amped it in the old AVV too. Thanks for the eye-opener! /tj

I have not tried the original,but this version is really mmm mmm good yummy on me! ...I like it more and more each time I try it,it makes me smile :(

It will be a Wonderful fall scent too.

!!!! you're a genius! Although I love CE's zero-drydown and spiciness, there's always been something that faintly turns me off about it... and maybe I amped it in the old AVV too. Thanks for the eye-opener! /tj

Oh good, I am not the only one. I am always the oddball on most of these notes. Now you call me genius! ha ha!

Most LP scents are strong on me, yet for some reason I can apply three times the amount of this one and the scent is much lighter than most other LP's which I apply alot less of. It's a terrific scent though.

Most LP scents are strong on me, yet for some reason I can apply three times the amount of this one and the scent is much lighter than most other LP's which I apply alot less of. It's a terrific scent though.

Gosh,now this one is strong on me,and sooo yummy...give it a few weeks and try it again.Pie In The Sky was like that the first time I tried it,now it is just perfect :jumpforjoy:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
WOW this stuff is EXTREME!

At first the vanilla is so rich and buttery it almost seems like butterscotch! Then in a few minuites it calms a bit to a heady bourbon vanilla, sweet, a little spicy,VERY creamy, and it lasts allllllll day! Thanks for sellin it Djac! :party:

This is great for fall and winter-the dream vanilla-its like wearing a cashmere sweater, soft cuddly and snuggly!

Of course, why would ya expect anything less from Ail and our other geniuses over there in Cali? I'm in Vanilla heaven. Thanks again ladies!

OMG.... sounds sooooo goooooddddd....!!!! :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

Is it like the yummy vanilla in LP: Original???

Is it like the yummy vanilla in LP: Original???

Don't know if it's exactly the same but they have similar qualities.

To me this is a drier, more sophisticated, less sweet vanilla with a lot of body. To my nose it is not "pink" at all. It is very different from all my other vanilla heavy favorites.

The rebrew has less of a pink tinge to it than the original, IMO. It's still there, but then again I tend to amp pink sugar-type notes.

Im going to get a sampler!!! Thanks Luna and xev! ;)

• 2 months later...

I is sad.... This turned plasticky on my skin... :) no luck with vanilla i guess....

I is sad.... This turned plasticky on my skin... :) no luck with vanilla i guess....

Don't give up so soon.....there are literally HUNDREDS of different vanillas.....I would say that Mara probably has most of them.....

Edited by Dolly

Thousands, at least, and I have 200+.

Bumbob, can you identify what you don't think you like specifically?

French Vanilla is sometimes described as plasticy to some, but neither you chose has any French Vanilla in it. Curious as to what is not agreeing with you...would like to try to make something you like. Do you like the non-foody powdery vanillas better?

(xoxoxxo @ Dolly)

PM, any examples of such vanillas? Like those in Denise's MWO, Ajia's Vanilla Amber Orchid?

Your right PM, may be my chemistry work well with non foody vanilla??? I do enjoy the foody scent (they smell SO AMAZING....) but i think a lot of them go slightly plasticky or bitter when they dry on my skin :) The vanilla in with every breath goes BEAUTIFULLY on my skin... I didn't know that Denise's MWO has vanilla in?? If it has, everything works WONDERFULLY... Eternal Chain worked wonders too and I didn't know that has vanilla in until i checked! :love:

Your right PM, may be my chemistry work well with non foody vanilla??? I do enjoy the foody scent (they smell SO AMAZING....) but i think a lot of them go slightly plasticky or bitter when they dry on my skin :) The vanilla in with every breath goes BEAUTIFULLY on my skin... I didn't know that Denise's MWO has vanilla in?? If it has, everything works WONDERFULLY... Eternal Chain worked wonders too and I didn't know that has vanilla in until i checked! :love:

Oops..... maybe you're right, Bumbob, there might not be vanilla in MWO. BTW, I received your message and thanks for helping me send the bottles out.

When I use the descriptor "non-foody vanilla" in our listings, I am referring to a very specific strain. It's a type that is often used in bath & body products because it smells "clean" rather than edible. It evolves into a soft, soapy/powdery clean scent on the skin.

This is obviously the type of vanilla that both Bumbob and JOC prefer, which is not surprising...there's a cultural preference for cleaner lighter more powdery scents in your part of the world. So, ladies, I would advise you to look for the ones with the words "non-foody vanilla" in our descriptions, and probably avoid the ones that are described as delicious/edible smelling vanillas. It might be the dairy-ish butter/fat aspect that comes off as plasticy to you. I know that my nose is extremely sensitive to dairy products that are not super fresh, and butter, fat or even vegetable oils that are not perfectly fresh can smell plasticy to me too.

The "non-foody vanillas" contain none of the dessert type additives. Oh, there might be a hint of white sugar in them, but no milk, cream, butter, egg, buttercream accords, etc...

Thankyou potion master! :)

I think everyone needs to have this one in their arsenal. It's such a beautiful Vanilla. Easily layerable with any other scent. It's very rich and full bodied. It does live up to its name. I use this when I want to soften up some of my other scents and want them to play together.

• 11 months later...

Oh baby!! wow do I love this! Beautiful vanilla scent, it smells so different than those artificial department store vanillas, this is sooo much better! If you love vanilla you will definitely love this!

Uh oh it's starting to do something weird on my skin...nooooo....I think it's going plastic on me too :(

Editing to say that sadly this went very plastic of me.

Edited by Lexy

• 2 months later...

I almost didn't believe this was vanilla at first! It's so not what I normally associate with vanilla - it's very foody, almost cakey. I'm not normally a fan of vanilla scents, but I have to admit this isn't bad at all. It didn't do much for me in the bottle but on my skin it became quite nommy. It doesn't even seem to go nasty on me after a while like vanilla can.

• 3 months later...

Is this part of the permanent line? (Please say, "yes"!).

I don't think that it is, which makes me think I should probably stock up.

Besides the fact that it wears beautifully, it blends so well with so many other perfumes that I often use it as a scent "placeholder", while I'm trying to figure out which scent and/or phero I want to wear. I don't want to run out... ever.

Is this part of the permanent line? (Please say, "yes"!).

I don't think that it is, which makes me think I should probably stock up.

Besides the fact that it wears beautifully, it blends so well with so many other perfumes that I often use it as a scent "placeholder", while I'm trying to figure out which scent and/or phero I want to wear. I don't want to run out... ever.

I agree 100 percent, and I should get another bottle of this very soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This bottle has aged quite lovely....

Maybe its just me... but I have just as much fun re-sniffing the perfumes after they have aged just as much as I do when I first open an order up upon arrival ! Its fun to see how they have "morphed" with time!

Love!

Oh no, I do that all the time, especially for those samples I need to try again now that they have had some time to age.