Mermaid of Atlantis

salomewilde

Description: Island scents combine with watery aromas and treasures from the sea to form this gorgeous, watery, island fragrance. Ingredients include Island fruits and flowers (Mango, Pineapple, Plumeria, Magnolia, Coconut, Gardenia, Lotus and Water Lily) plus Bladderwrack (sea weed), Sea Moss, and more.

This is my first LP experience, and so far it's a rather nice one.

In the bottle: Green (not too sweet) pineapple and juicy mango.

On my skin: Plumeria and mango, with a touch of coconut.

Drydown: The coconut is coming out more, but for all the different notes this contains, it is neither loud nor cloying. Very soft throw, and delicate. The green smells (seaweeds?) are making themselves more known, and now I can smell magnolia blended seamlessly with the other florals.

My boyfriend just walked in and said "pina colada and seawater- that's good! What is it?"

It's like an more alluring relative of Hawaiian Tropic or Alba Hawaiian dark tanning oil. And (huzzah!) exactly what I was looking for. I'm really glad I got a big bottle.

Welcome, Salome!

Thank you for your review! Very nicely written.

You inspired me...I just went and put on some Mermaid - along with my pajamas. Perhaps I will dream of the sea. I feel all mermaidy already. :lol:

I always put some perfume on before I go to sleep - or spray some on my pillow - to flavor my dreams, I suppose. Does anyone else do that?

We've got another "beach" blend coming out very soon that we designed with actress Linnea Quigley. It's lovely - dark coconut, pineapple, cocoa butter. yum. Got any ideas for a good beachy name? Everything I think of is already taken. ::blink::

D'OH!

I forgot to mention another FAB beachy scent that we'll be releasing in June, called "Pirate Bumbo"! I put a short descrip in the new releases for June folder on the boards. It's awesome - a boozy island umbrella drink kind of aroma with a real Pirate-y pedigree! Board member "Ilsa" came up with the idea - love it! YAY for Ilsa!

• 2 weeks later...
We've got another "beach" blend coming out very soon that we designed with actress Linnea Quigley. It's lovely - dark coconut, pineapple, cocoa butter. yum. Got any ideas for a good beachy name? Everything I think of is already taken. ::):

Sounds debaucherous. Is SUmmer of Sin taken?

Sounds debaucherous. Is SUmmer of Sin taken?

Oooooh, Salome! That's a GOOD one!

I just checked the PTO and google, and I can't find anyone using it as a perfume name - so it looks like it's available! I'm going to ask Linnea what she thinks. If she likes it as much as I do and we use it, I'll send you a free bottle. :)

You inspired me...I just went and put on some Mermaid - along with my pajamas. Perhaps I will dream of the sea. I feel all mermaidy already. ;)

I always put some perfume on before I go to sleep - or spray some on my pillow - to flavor my dreams, I suppose. Does anyone else do that?

I absolutely always put on scent before bed, I feel empty or uncomplete if I don't. I'm funny, some days I'll have put on 3 or 4 different things by the time I hit the hay! *i hope i don't smell like i work in a House of Harlots when i do that!* *blush*

P.S. you all made me want to try Mermaids, and that Summer of Sin sounds freakin' fabulous! I can't wait to try that! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a potion of water magic and the attributes of Mermaids. According to lore, Mermaids can grant wishes and bestow humans the gift of living underwater. This is a form of water worship and becoming one with the sea.

Water is a building block of all life on Earth, and humans are made up of over 60% of it. It is a symbol of healing, conception, fertility and pregnancy; love, marriage, friendship and beauty. Water is also a symbol of our emotions - intuition, insight, psychic awareness, divination, dreams, purification and peace. The mermaid reminds everyone to look beneath the surface and that water can flow over your hand, or become a wall that can destroy.

Ingredients include: Bladderwrack (sea kelp), Island Fruits and Florals, Plumeria, Coconut, Mango, Pineapple, Sea Moss, Lotus, Gardenia, Cucumber, and Sea Grasses - all water elementals.

As a Pisces I had very high hopes of this blend, and it is truly beautiful. The waft of ozone-laden breezes is strong here, however, my skin loves it so much it "devours" it - possibly due to the fact I have Sagittarius rising. After all water + fire - steam and evaporation!

May

May, I most definitely agree... ozone-laden breezes indeed!

In the vial and on my skin, in addition to the "ozone-laden breezes" (I love that description, May! It so accurately conveys what I'm smelling! I'm wondering, is the bite of salt from the Bladderrwrack and sea moss?), I also get the most delicious florals and fruits as well. Salty airness over sweetness, watery and fertile, resplendent with florals and fruit; this, too, like the others I have tried today, is an artistic combination of scents.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I would have to say that this scent has surprised me the most. I most often prefer deeper, darker scents, so I wasn't too sure about the "Mermaids of Atlantis".....I had read the description, and it sounds like a lighter scent with all the fruits and flowers......BUT I thought I would try it since I received a free sample.... :) I was pretty impressed. Even though it sounds like it may be a lighter scent, it is extremely decadent and rich-smelling. Like a tropical lotion, thick and creamy...... :)

This has taught me the lesson to try every sample I receive from these ladies......at least once.....even if it doesn't sound like something I would normally wear....

Uh-oh ... if Dolly likes it, I might like it too ...

I think alseides (from Pherotalk) was crazy about this one as well. It's been on my "to sample" list for ages, but it always gets bumped ... so many other things I wanted to try!

I think you should try this, Carrie.....I am very pleasantly surprised by the "thickness" of the scent.....especially after it begins drydown....

• 1 month later...

I tried this one again a few days ago (while I was waiting for my new releases to arrive)......I do like this one.....very rich and thick smelling..... :(

I may have to get a full bottle for my trip to the beach in September......

Edited by Dolly

I'm wondering, is the bite of salt from the Bladderrwrack and sea moss?

You betcha! I adore that seaweedy undertow from the Bladderwrack, which I might add, I personally infused over several months from the dry sea weed itself. :)

Hmmm, don't you think Bladderwrack would be a good name for a Punk band?

Hmmm, don't you think Bladderwrack would be a good name for a Punk band?

I think it would be...... ;)

• 1 month later...

The weather where I'm at has been very cold lately, so this is such a great scent! One sniff and I'm instantly whisked away to a sandy beach by the ocean. To me this is a fruity aquatic scent that my nose can't get enough of!

• 2 weeks later...

Everytime I wear this one, it seems to wear a bit differently. When I first apply it, I get that seaweed-y tang mixed with the fruit. As I wear it and time passes, there are alternating periods where first the fruits take over, and then the seaweed note comes to the forefront. It seems to waft in and out, first one note dominating, and then the other.

This is a very nicely done scent. I am soooooo debating getting a full bottle.....

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to HAVE TO get a full bottle of this one before it sells out.....

When I get the D5 through I think I might have to try this one again! :Blusher:

May

It's on the low stock list.....I just ordered a bottle yesterday.....

I want to try this one but I am a little nervous about the seaweed smell. I live on the ocean and the scent of seaweed can be quite over powering. Can anyone clarify how the seaweed scent effects the overall smell.

THANKS!

CC :lightsaber1:

Edited by Curiouschic

I want to try this one but I am a little nervous about the seaweed smell. I live on the ocean and the scent of seaweed can be quite over powering. Can anyone clarify how the seaweed scent effects the overall smell.

THANKS!

CC :lightsaber1:

On me, the seaweed smell is at first application, then it fades to the undercurrent under a bunch of beautiful fruits......sometimes the seaweed pops out a little stronger, but it is never overpowering on me.....it is one of my favorites.....absolutely lovely.

I just put this one on, to give me a little "lift" in my spirits.....I don't know what it is about this particular potion, but it is relaxing, yet uplifting at the same time....it seems to fit whatever I need it for at the particular moment.....

Sooooooooo glad I got a full bottle of this (since it is getting low).....Now, I will have a full bottle for my trip to the beach in September...... :D

When I first applied mermaids it smelled of incense, but as it dried down I smelled it again, and it has a wonderful rich smell. I picture a beautiful beach and the smell of ocean water when I put this on, not heavy but it sticks around, a lovely scent.

• 4 months later...

today I was going through alot of samples and I came upon this one again. The first time I smelled it I didnt get too much from it but now WOW I wish it wasnt sold out so I could get a bottle of it.

I have came to realize that when ordering so many samples I gotta re-evaluate them a few days later cuz after smelling so many different ones some notes get mixed up with others in my scent memory. There have been so many that I think arent for me than I go back to it and smell it by itself and its delish.

ahhhhhhhh Mermaids I'll just have to hoard you in your tiny sample vial.

• 4 months later...

I scored a swipe of this from Jo Anna when I was at her house tonight. Wet, the mango was strongest on me. although, it smelled more melony than like mango. I didn't really like it. However, after i got home and started sniffing (about 2 hours after application), I get a beautiful soft magnolia and a slight waft of gardenia. The coconut is very faint, barely there. It was surprisingly soft and feminine. No hint of the fruit left. I enjoyed it.

Just a note to anyone who gets hold of a Mermaids sample and wants to try it.....remember to shake first! It should be a little cloudy before you apply it. The full bottles had a pearl in the bottom so that when you shake it, it helps to mix it up.....shaking changes the character and seems to make it richer with more depth......on me, at least.....

Just a note to anyone who gets hold of a Mermaids sample and wants to try it.....remember to shake first! It should be a little cloudy before you apply it. The full bottles had a pearl in the bottom so that when you shake it, it helps to mix it up.....shaking changes the character and seems to make it richer with more depth......on me, at least.....

Thanks Dolly, I didn't know that. Now I'll be able to dance before I put it on. Shake, shake, shake...

Thanks Dolly, I didn't know that. Now I'll be able to dance before I put it on. Shake, shake, shake...

Before I apply my LP's, I always give everything a little shake.....even the perfume....heehee....

Okay, I gave this little sucker a shake when I got home thne put it on. I still don't dig the seaweed, but it fades fast enough that it doesn't affect the playtime of the scent. After 5 minutes, I really get the Plumeria, Coconut, Gardenia and Magnolia. It's fantastic!