Mr. Right...now

Admittedly my initial impression/focus is on how this smells because, really...we all know how BI works (and how well it works in some cases), so it's a given that the science part of the equation is pretty much foolproof.

Unfortunately I cannot bedfield-test this for a while in terms of the effects, but HOLY SWEET MAMA does this smell yummy!

Interestingly, the ginger creme is what jumps out at me (it's like it literally ran into my nose and made me twitch with delight), and I didn't expect it to be in the top. The flowers are the heart of the mix, they come out with wear but it's a very soft and mannered bouquet. I was sort of getting an LP impression with this, and I'm thinking maybe it's the patchouli, musk and ylang-ylang which do that to my brain. It's a nice seamless blending to keep the BI under wraps. You could wear this anywhere (for those of you who already wear BI whenever, wherever). It's almost secretive in a way, sort of like how Dirty Pretty Thing was constructed, although it doesn't seem to deepen over time, it just maintains the same stealthy intensity until the fragrance finally fades.

So happy hunting...or in the case of those who've already bagged their trophy, happy...OMG DO I HAVE TO SAY IT? I'm going to get a reputation for being the one who uses that word without prejudice. :omgwtf:

Let me return to the ginger cream...it's like frosting to me and it stays that way on my skin (unfortunately the other frosting types of late have not done that :omgwtf: ) and it made me say things like god, I wish you could eat me right now and then he said of course you do.

:party:

And I was all noooo, I mean I smell like the cake you've always wanted me to be and then he said woman why do you torture me?!

Because it's my job, sir. :)

Edited by luna65

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dammit, Luna.

i ordered one out of curiousity.

your description of the ginger creme made me crazy.

(yes, i am implying i was not crazy before).

i need another before its gone.

I'm going to get a reputation for being the one who uses that word without prejudice. :banana055:

cant put a price on freedom.

Aww Lor...I think this one is sold out :banana055:

Nice review Luna!! Glad I at least asked for a sample of this!

Okay, so now I'm happy that I, at least, have some samples of this coming my way........and I may go for a bottle if/when there are some to purchase. :banana055:

Oh and I have to say.....I started reading Luna's stories......told my man-toy about it too.....and it/he made me go over to his place for a second night in a row, because well......yeah....(his reply to my text: "well...now you've got me all excited too! So you have no choice now, you *have* to come over tonight!!")

And I've only read 3 stories so far.....*grin*

Good grief, isn't Luna *Da Bomb*?!

I TOTALLY want to be her when I grow up...except of course, she's younger than me...:sigh:...

Anyway...as Dane said - cart loaded conservatively. 10 more bottles added this eve, safely. Will do inventory shortly and get a final count of what's left. It's not gone yet.

This set was brewed as Voodoo MAGICAL concoctions rather than exclusively a scent brew, and they always have a distinct quality of their own to me. A blurred mystery, because they are not constructed upon the scent ingredients alone (but of course they are taken into consideration and balanced), as much as upon the magical powers. Add pheros to that and POW! It can come across as a total surprise, and extremely powerful in a non-traditional way.

I have a sample of this one coming....kind of scared of the ylang in it....sometimes ylang amps to an unbearable level on me.....I couldn't wear Tantric Butterfly because of it.....but we shall see with the sample.....

Edited by Dolly

The brewing process sounds very intriguing indeed. I hope this doesnt run out before my money fairy comes back next Wed. I will most definitely buy another bottle. Dolly I think the ylang yland is very subtle, nothing like Tantric BF which is one of my favorites.

The brewing process sounds very intriguing indeed. I hope this doesnt run out before my money fairy comes back next Wed. I will most definitely buy another bottle. Dolly I think the ylang yland is very subtle, nothing like Tantric BF which is one of my favorites.

Glad I have a sample on it's way.....

I'm wearing some at work right now. So far my HOT CFO has been doing nothing but stairing starry eyed at me from across the table.

my god...now now don't tempt me! :huh: lol

dear god help me, I just got myself a bottle...along with LP pink...oh man oh man, I'm going to be broke by the time this sale is over! lol

Dolly - as Countess noted, the ylang is very subtle. Danna noted in another thread she used a source which isn't like the traditional type. Really, the blend entire has a floral aura but not a FLORAL one, if that makes sense. I think you will like it even though it's not the kind of floral you usually like.

*smushes Mara*

You know, the vibe I get from it is very powerful, but sort of like a shadow...like I said, stealthy. It's a different frequency from Come To Me, but it has that same deep echo (sometimes I am terribly vague when it comes to articulating magickal concepts, heh, sorry).

PS: Gaia...glad I could be of assistance. :huh:

Edited by luna65

Dolly - as Countess noted, the ylang is very subtle. Danna noted in another thread she used a source which isn't like the traditional type. Really, the blend entire has a floral aura but not a FLORAL one, if that makes sense. I think you will like it even though it's not the kind of floral you usually like.

Thanks Luna....I get what you're saying.....tempted to buy a bottle, but better hold back for now.....I just bought 4 bottles of stuff yesterday.....Neanderlicious (LOVE LOVE LOVE) and Naughty on the Nile (OMG OMG OMG).....my credit card is currently hiding....it is in the witness protection program.....I am on it's trail though.....

Wow I actually put this on this evening after just getting my package, and the musk and florals in this one smell absolutely delicious on me, I hope they haven't sold out already!!

What... out of Mr Right Now? Im testing out my sample tonight, I hope and pray I dont like it.. so far Ive liked a little to much of my last order and Im not sure how my credit cards are going to fare when the next batch of new releases come out. I need help, I think Im an addict! :o

What... out of Mr Right Now? Im testing out my sample tonight, I hope and pray I dont like it.. so far Ive liked a little to much of my last order and Im not sure how my credit cards are going to fare when the next batch of new releases come out. I need help, I think Im an addict! :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

Hey KrazyKat...if you find you need a bottle and there are no more more for purchase, we can work out a swap or something for one of mine...I have 2 and one on the way so I can spare one.

speaking of which... I am wearing this right now...I still get that bitter "what is that strong make me frown" smell when wet...however, upon drydown it's like Yes, I can work with this one...also I have found that applying pure sugar over it as a layer makes this totally ummmmm, ummmmm, OMG... I keep sniffing my arm.

trust me ladies, if you aren't feeling this scent when wet...give it some drydown time, and also if you have some sugar try layering, it is fabulous! totally takes away the sharpness and makes it creamy like and beautifully sweet, almost like something is baking in the oven, but not obnoxiously foody...just lovely is all

can't wait for an opportunity to wear it out and about to field test. Wink!

be blessed - djac

speaking of which... I am wearing this right now...I still get that bitter "what is that strong make me frown" smell when wet...however, upon drydown it's like Yes, I can work with this one...also I have found that applying pure sugar over it as a layer makes this totally ummmmm, ummmmm, OMG... I keep sniffing my arm.

trust me ladies, if you aren't feeling this scent when wet...give it some drydown time, and also if you have some sugar try layering, it is fabulous! totally takes away the sharpness and makes it creamy like and beautifully sweet, almost like something is baking in the oven, but not obnoxiously foody...just lovely is all

can't wait for an opportunity to wear it out and about to field test. Wink!

be blessed - djac

Djac, thank you so much for suggesting this! I get the same effect when I first apply Mr. Right . . . now, but after the drydown it's OK. I will try it with Pure Sugar. Do you let the Mr. Right . . . now dry before adding the Pure Sugar, or can one be applied right after the other?

Djac, thank you so much for suggesting this! I get the same effect when I first apply Mr. Right . . . now, but after the drydown it's OK. I will try it with Pure Sugar. Do you let the Mr. Right . . . now dry before adding the Pure Sugar, or can one be applied right after the other?

when I layer, I generally wait a few minutes...just to let the one scent settle...that's not to say it has to be done that way...I think it would work best in this case because for me anyways, I find the Mr. Right now very strong when wet, but tends to settle as it is drying. do let me know how you liked the layer okay

be blessed - djac

ETA... OMG It is lovely isn't it TG?

Edited by djacquelynstew

Thank You Djac for your offer, you are very kind!! :J001: so sad, mr. right now went way, way off on my skin-like bad almond cookies :arf:. Im sure you wont have a problem finding a home for this one, its a really pretty scent if it works for your skin.. and even though I was a little stinky, I have to say there is something dead on with the "magical" side of that product, something *hypnotic* in its delivery, It "grabs" men.. Ive never been approached as intensely as with Mr. Right Now way more than LP LE BI-the scent I prefer, this did not affect my long-time lover in any way differently.. though LP BI does affect him deeply. If I were actively looking for someone, I would find a way to keep this in my arsenal.

Something else that was really strange was when I wore this, I ran into my ex-boyfriend on the street (he was on what looked like a date at a sidewalk cafe) and he left his date, came running out onto the street to greet me :o, I felt a little bad for his date the way he left her sitting there :blushing:

I always try and make sense of these things, could have been the magic?? who knows. :wub:

when I layer, I generally wait a few minutes...just to let the one scent settle...that's not to say it has to be done that way...I think it would work best in this case because for me anyways, I find the Mr. Right now very strong when wet, but tends to settle as it is drying. do let me know how you liked the layer okay

be blessed - djac

Many thanks! Will definitely let you know when I try it this way.

Djac,

I posted in the Potion of the Day thread yesterday but thought I'd post here as well since I found this thread again . . .

I tried Mr. Right Now with the Pure Sugar and it was fabulous! I LOVE Pure Sugar because it layers so well with just about everything.

Thanks again for the suggestion!

name='djacquelynstew' date='Jul 19 2009, 12:59 PM' post='61798']

...I have 2 and one on the way so I can spare one.

be blessed - djac

Okay Djac. I'm thinking I want to ask you if you'll trade Neanderlicious for Right Now. I really love Right Now. Neanderlicious not so much. If not that's okay. I'm sure I'll have a taker somewhere. I want to send out Elevation Potion today. I think I'm going to wait to hear back from you first. & I did decant a sniffee for Sug. She sends her gratitude. My review on Right Now is that.... I wore it to work. I've been working nightshift. It helped me sell my rooms. Everyone was nicer to me. They did not complain about rates & do the 180 to the door as quickly. So excellent for me.

Okay Djac. I'm thinking I want to ask you if you'll trade Neanderlicious for Right Now. I really love Right Now. Neanderlicious not so much. If not that's okay. I'm sure I'll have a taker somewhere.

Becca, if DJac doesn't take you up on your offer I've got a bottle of Mr Right Now in my trading post :) And I love Neanderlicious!

Becca, if DJac doesn't take you up on your offer I've got a bottle of Mr Right Now in my trading post :) And I love Neanderlicious!

Rosebud,

Email me when you get a chance. I'm putting together something in my head for your Mr. Right Now but I have to check my stash at home.....that is if you don't work something out with Beccah.

Edited by SWBookworm

Rosebud,

Email me when you get a chance. I'm putting together something in my head for your Mr. Right Now

Oohhh... I love it when you talk dirty :)

Popping you an email now!

Okay Djac. I'm thinking I want to ask you if you'll trade Neanderlicious for Right Now. I really love Right Now. Neanderlicious not so much. If not that's okay. I'm sure I'll have a taker somewhere. I want to send out Elevation Potion today. I think I'm going to wait to hear back from you first. & I did decant a sniffee for Sug. She sends her gratitude. My review on Right Now is that.... I wore it to work. I've been working nightshift. It helped me sell my rooms. Everyone was nicer to me. They did not complain about rates & do the 180 to the door as quickly. So excellent for me.

Yes, this trade works just fine lady...I emailed ya back!

thanks for thinkin of me.

be blessed - djac

This one is soooo interesting! I've never worn anything like it lol. It's weird, it's slightly haunting...and sensual.

When I first applied it, I wasn't so sure I liked it (again it was wet, and I could have smelled the cops which turned me off lol) but the ginger came out so strong, I was like woah as I'm not fond of strong spices. I loved come2me so I was hoping for the same feel/smell...

So after an hour I came back to it, the ginger has calmed down, and there's something sweet whipped around it. It does smell like a high end perfume, my mom would get when I was little, so beautiful and elegant!

I'm sooooo happy I got a bottle of this!

I wonder if acoustic_essence has this one??? Yooohhhoooooo........

Or maybe our In House Wizard? ...btw, where *has* our philosophical Wiz been?! :kyrii_faerie_action: