Mara's Dream Pillows

SWBookworm

I put the sachet sample size pillow in my pillow last night and got one of the best night's sleep I've had in a while. Combined it with Le Sommeil, and worked like a, shall we say, charm!!

I got one too....the smell is so soothing and really seems to help me sleep better. The scent really carries too because my room smells just like the pillow-fabulous!!!

Thanks, Ladies! Glad you are enjoying them! (I'm thoroughly addicted to mine - I even take it on vacation with me.) :lol:

Just a note...they do smell REALLY strong when new. Sometimes too strong, but after a couple of days they calm down a bit.

When it gets to the point where the scent isn't strong enough for you anymore, shimmy it down it's length with your hands - know what I mean? It will break up the herbs a bit and refresh it like new.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, Ladies! Glad you are enjoying them! (I'm thoroughly addicted to mine - I even take it on vacation with me.) :lol:

Just a note...they do smell REALLY strong when new. Sometimes too strong, but after a couple of days they calm down a bit.

When it gets to the point where the scent isn't strong enough for you anymore, shimmy it down it's length with your hands - know what I mean? It will break up the herbs a bit and refresh it like new.

Well now that I have been sleeping with this every night ,I don't think I can live without this it really does help with my sleeping,I think these would make great gifts for the holidays except I might get it and that would be as far as it gets,I know see why you take this with ya everywhere,lov lov lov I even cuddle with it shhh nobody can know.

sleeping better,

Tee

I LOVE mine! I left it out in the open for a couple of days to scent my room and now I sleep with it every night. I love the scent. I have my little sample sachet sitting next to my chair so that I can smell it at night while I am sitting here checking on my forums before bed.

The cover is soft and yummy. I like that it totally cradles my eyes and falls over the sides of my face so that it blocks out all light. That is a HUGE plus up here where it stays light until the wee hours in the summer.

The downside to this extra size, however, is some of the filling tends to fall with gravity and I have less of the pressure on my eyes than I would like. Part of what helps to relax you with these pillows is the pressure on specific points around the eyes, so there could be a hair more flax (or whatever the filler is) in it to help plump it up a bit so that this is not as much of an issue.

That said, it is a minor issue that doesn't at all detract from how much I adore mine. :lol:

• 3 years later...

I adore this. The smell is beautiful. I rested my head on this watching House last night and barely could keep my eyes open! I wasnt even that tired but my eyes couldn't stay open! I like how cool it feels under my cheek. I would like an actual pillow size one to sleep on too. i like just having it near for the smell in bed.

I'm like a cat with catnip over this pillow, i actually get cross if i can't find it near me in bed, in my half asleep state i thought to myself my bf either took it or threw it off the bed. I love the smell, i scrunch it just watching DVDs for the scent. I may turn into Linus, dragging it around with me wherever i go. I knew i wouldove it, just not how much! If smaller sizes ie sample size became available again, I would be right on these as gifts. I think my brother could use one.

Okay, you ebil enablers one and all -- you talked me into ordering one! Hopefully it won't clash with my Buttercream Rose-scented sheets, the Essential Bliss on my jammies, the Honey Lavender on my neck and arms, and the Focus Potion wax melt burning in the background.

Good gods almighty. Any guy strong enough to put up with all THAT deserves everything he'll get!

I don't sleep in a bedroom -- I sleep in an LPMP demo showroom.

Bahaha ducky, i am the same :P

Yes, mara please make more. Giant ones :D and small ones too!

I was thinking, grrrrrr, you stole my pillow, you will paaay! He hadn't, but, such is my addiction. Should i go away, it will be coming with me too, along with my usual head pillow i lie on. I can totally understand. My littlest told Me ' hey this smells like the perfume with the picture of the lady in the nightie'. She adores Pillow Stuffing! Also, Enchanted Wonderland and Sogni, those are her bedtime perfumes. She's six. I think she understands the value of smelling good and sound sleep!

Bahaha ducky, i am the same :P

Yes, mara please make more. Giant ones :D and small ones too!

I was thinking, grrrrrr, you stole my pillow, you will paaay! He hadn't, but, such is my addiction. Should i go away, it will be coming with me too, along with my usual head pillow i lie on. I can totally understand. My littlest told Me ' hey this smells like the perfume with the picture of the lady in the nightie'. She adores Pillow Stuffing! Also, Enchanted Wonderland and Sogni, those are her bedtime perfumes. She's six. I think she understands the value of smelling good and sound sleep!

eta: ac! Get one! You will not, ever, regret it!!

She's six. I think she understands the value of smelling good and sound sleep!

What a good mom you are! Smelling good and sound sleep truly are excellent values, especially when combined. I love continuing my day and evening scentualism into the night time, and it does make for a lovely sleepytime.

AC -- my pillow arrived today and I am soooo glad I got one!!! It smells lovely and it's all I can do not to jump into bed and take a nap just to try it out! :hotjump:

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Everlasting

Wow, the way you described it.. I really need try it.

Edited by Everlasting

• 1 year later...

I bought one of these when I visited LP land last weekend and just love it! Even for the scent alone it is wonderful. I actually hope it stays strongly scented for as long as possible because my room smells so good. Very naturally herbal.

I typically don't have difficulty falling asleep except when it is hot. And oh brother, it's been hit here! I think this helps me to relax and not worry about the heat as I drift off.

I am already plotting buying another one. Thanks Mara!!

I bought one of these when I visited LP land last weekend and just love it! Even for the scent alone it is wonderful. I actually hope it stays strongly scented for as long as possible because my room smells so good. Very naturally herbal.

I typically don't have difficulty falling asleep except when it is hot. And oh brother, it's been hit here! I think this helps me to relax and not worry about the heat as I drift off.

I am already plotting buying another one. Thanks Mara!!

Thanks, Greenergal!

I heard that I missed you! Rats, would love to meet you! Come back, come back!

I have one in my bedroom that is at least 6 years old and still smells faintly, and when I massage it, the scent renews. Not quite as strong as fresh, but pretty good!

I have one on my couch that is 2 years old and is still so aromatic that when I nap with it I can smell the herbs in my hair afterwards. They do last a long time.

I have more of them lined up for sewing. Next time you come in I should have more!

• 2 weeks later...

It's the same ingredients as this scent:

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/PillowStuff/

How did I not know this?? I love how the pillow makes my hair smell.

This Is now an official want for me to track down. I recall that Mara had mentioned in another thread a while back that she likes to wear this and might make some more. That would be awesome!

Are these orderable? or to hard to ship?

they sound so good!

Just pricey to ship. ($15 at least) Would be smart to order large and/or heavy items together so that postage costs will average out a little better. Order along with B&B items. etc.