Jump to content
KrazyKat

Beths Blushing Milkmaid.. WOW!

Recommended Posts

I need to try this...although the "funky ass" possibility scares me. Damned cops...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just put some BBM on after my shower tonight, and I am loving the creamy sweet smell. I think I'll add in some Liebchen or Aurora before bedtime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so so so excited about this scent after reading reviews, but sadly my skin chemistry hates it.

 

In the vial, it smells INCREDIBLE. Sexy, mouthwatering vanilla buttercream. But when I put it on my skin... coconut. Nothing but coconut. I love coconut scents, but on my skin it is sour and plasticky. I let it sit for a couple weeks even, and it's still the same. Drydown doesn't change it, either. I'm so sad that my skin amps the scent in this way, because it's wonderful in the bottle :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HexKitten said:

I was so so so excited about this scent after reading reviews, but sadly my skin chemistry hates it.

 

In the vial, it smells INCREDIBLE. Sexy, mouthwatering vanilla buttercream. But when I put it on my skin... coconut. Nothing but coconut. I love coconut scents, but on my skin it is sour and plasticky. I let it sit for a couple weeks even, and it's still the same. Drydown doesn't change it, either. I'm so sad that my skin amps the scent in this way, because it's wonderful in the bottle :(

Bummer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered a trial vial of this because of you people and your reviews. I don't know how it could possibly live up to the expectations I have after reading all the reviews! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, HexKitten, I probably meant to say more than "bummer." It sucks it doesn't work for you! You can try it in a scent locket, or on lava beads, although one of the best things about BBM is having it huffed off of your body. I have a chocolate blend that smells gross on me, but I use it in a scent warmer with wax and it makes my kitchen smell fabulous and throws the pheros around. If you keep it, try it in a wax warmer in your bedroom. 

I'm thinking OCCO White might work better for your chemistry, maybe get a trial of that and/or Odalisque if you want a scrumptious sexy vanilla. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/04/2018 at 7:09 PM, HexKitten said:

I was so so so excited about this scent after reading reviews, but sadly my skin chemistry hates it.

 

In the vial, it smells INCREDIBLE. Sexy, mouthwatering vanilla buttercream. But when I put it on my skin... coconut. Nothing but coconut. I love coconut scents, but on my skin it is sour and plasticky. I let it sit for a couple weeks even, and it's still the same. Drydown doesn't change it, either. I'm so sad that my skin amps the scent in this way, because it's wonderful in the bottle :(

 

So sorry to hear that HexKitten.  But don't give up hope - this is something absolutely fabulous waiting to be discovered by you.  This is what makes all of us unique and wonderful beings - that even if we are all wearing the same scent we will smell different.  It is pretty awesome.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2018 at 1:04 AM, Eastwood22 said:

Hey, HexKitten, I probably meant to say more than "bummer." It sucks it doesn't work for you! You can try it in a scent locket, or on lava beads, although one of the best things about BBM is having it huffed off of your body. I have a chocolate blend that smells gross on me, but I use it in a scent warmer with wax and it makes my kitchen smell fabulous and throws the pheros around. If you keep it, try it in a wax warmer in your bedroom. 

I'm thinking OCCO White might work better for your chemistry, maybe get a trial of that and/or Odalisque if you want a scrumptious sexy vanilla. 

 

I was going to spring for the full bottle after reading reviews, but luckily I decided to only get the trial vial. So It's no biggie. We're on the same page, I ordered a trial of the OCCO white (and OCCO gold as well) and my order arrived yesterday! Even without settling from travel, I love it both on and off my skin. Looks like I found my perfect buttercream with cops scent after all :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2018 at 4:27 AM, Wolf Dreaming said:

 

So sorry to hear that HexKitten.  But don't give up hope - this is something absolutely fabulous waiting to be discovered by you.  This is what makes all of us unique and wonderful beings - that even if we are all wearing the same scent we will smell different.  It is pretty awesome.  

 

Totally! I am just starting to explore Love Potion as a company, and have ordered about 40 trial vials already :D

 

My OCCO white sample came in yesterday and it's perfect. Smells very similar to Beth's, just without the amped coconut on my skin!

 

At this point my favorite is Buttercream Peach with Aja & LAM, which works out perfectly because it's my boyfriend's favorite too! That's the first scent I ordered a full bottle of. I'm also obsessed with Fideau, and super glad I took the chance on ordering something that doesn't come in a trial size. I plan to order full bottles of OCCO white and gold, Drive-By Fruiting, Sneaky Clean, and maybe Juicy Lucy. I'm going to be poor as F, but smelling delightful! 

Edited by HexKitten
add more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, HexKitten said:

 

Totally! I am just starting to explore Love Potion as a company, and have ordered about 40 trial vials already :D

 

My OCCO white sample came in yesterday and it's perfect. Smells very similar to Beth's, just without the amped coconut on my skin!

 

At this point my favorite is Buttercream Peach with Aja & LAM, which works out perfectly because it's my boyfriend's favorite too! That's the first scent I ordered a full bottle of. I'm also obsessed with Fideau, and super glad I took the chance on ordering something that doesn't come in a trial size. I plan to order full bottles of OCCO white and gold, Drive-By Fruiting, Sneaky Clean, and maybe Juicy Lucy. I'm going to be poor as F, but smelling delightful! 

Awesome! I love me some OCCO white, haven't even tried Gold yet. Nor Fideau or Sneaky Clean, but Juicy Lucy and Drive By Fruiting are winners. 

Drive By Fruiting is only in a spray, and will prob be gone once summer hits, but if you want Juicy Lucy in a spray, it looks like there are only two left. Prob better in oil since sexy stuff is better close to skin, but I've been a spray whore lately. When you make your order, remember to check which are permanent and which are limited, I try to order the limited ones first so I don't miss out.

Edited by Eastwood22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eastwood22 said:

Awesome! I love me some OCCO white, haven't even tried Gold yet. Nor Fideau or Sneaky Clean, but Juicy Lucy and Drive By Fruiting are winners. 

Fideau is great. Very rich foody-sexy, like a bacon maple bar. Sneaky Clean surprised me! I normally can't stand clean scents... I want sweet, dark, or smutty. But This one is somehow both clean and sexy? I was shocked by how much I love it. I'd recommend trying a sample of it for sure.

 

I think for now I may just have to get either Drive-By Fruiting OR Juicy Lucy, because on my skin they are similar. Too many other scents I like, and I want to have a more well-rounded collection before I start in with similar scents. I'm going to go with Drive-By Fruiting first because I really like the pheros in that one, and the scent reminds me of one of my first dates with my boyfriend. Can't resist it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, HexKitten said:

 

I think for now I may just have to get either Drive-By Fruiting OR Juicy Lucy, because on my skin they are similar. Too many other scents I like, and I want to have a more well-rounded collection before I start in with similar scents. I'm going to go with Drive-By Fruiting first because I really like the pheros in that one, and the scent reminds me of one of my first dates with my boyfriend. Can't resist it!

I think that's a good choice. I have both and can wear Drive By anywhere, I got a lot of mileage out of a little trial spray on a trip, I even wore it on the airplane. That would not be recommended with Juicy Lucy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I think that's a good choice. I have both and can wear Drive By anywhere, I got a lot of mileage out of a little trial spray on a trip, I even wore it on the airplane. That would not be recommended with Juicy Lucy!

Ha! Yeah, so far most of my favorite scents are the sexy ones with sexy pheros to go with them. So I think it'll be really nice to have a non-sexual phero to cloud myself in. I think Drive-By Fruiting will be a good one for me to wear to work, too. I'm wearing it at work now and I feel very positive and energetic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HexKitten, it's great for me for work, and if it works for you, you might also consider Lumina or Levitation, depending on what kind of vibe you want to create. They're not for every work scenario, but good where being outgoing, fun and approachable would be appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eastwood you have to at least try a sample of Sneaky Clean!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

HexKitten, it's great for me for work, and if it works for you, you might also consider Lumina or Levitation, depending on what kind of vibe you want to create. They're not for every work scenario, but good where being outgoing, fun and approachable would be appreciated. 

 

In the pherotine 2018 set there was Super Happy Funtime w/ Levitation, and Goddess of the Blue Moon with Lumina. Unfortunately both those scents were very much not for me, so I want to try some other scents with those pheros. Leilani w/ Lumina looks really nice. Any recommendations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, halo0073 said:

Eastwood you have to at least try a sample of Sneaky Clean!

I know, there's something wrong with me, I have Perfume Specific Oppositional Defiance Disorder.

 

31 minutes ago, HexKitten said:

 

In the pherotine 2018 set there was Super Happy Funtime w/ Levitation, and Goddess of the Blue Moon with Lumina. Unfortunately both those scents were very much not for me, so I want to try some other scents with those pheros. Leilani w/ Lumina looks really nice. Any recommendations?

As far as Lumina goes, I love love love Pallas! It's brighter and deeper than Leilani, for me, but I'm much more of a fruit fan than a flower fan. I enjoy all the Flying Potions with Levitation, too. I haven't even opened my trial of Goddess of the Blue Moon with Lumina yet, other things have been getting my attention for testing, I currently have an overwhelming amount and aquatics don't call to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

I know, there's something wrong with me, I have Perfume Specific Oppositional Defiance Disorder.

 

As far as Lumina goes, I love love love Pallas! It's brighter and deeper than Leilani, for me, but I'm much more of a fruit fan than a flower fan. I enjoy all the Flying Potions with Levitation, too. I haven't even opened my trial of Goddess of the Blue Moon with Lumina yet, other things have been getting my attention for testing, I currently have an overwhelming amount and aquatics don't call to me.

 

Ooh good call, Pallas was on my "want" list for trial vials as well! I also tend to prefer fruit to flowers, but I'm wondering if it'll be too similar to Drive-By Fruiting to justify ordering both at the moment. Maybe I'll try Leilani and a Flying Potion first.

 

I also don't like watery scents. Goddess was nice, but for someone else other than me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Okay, this is an experiment....

 

I don't know if you can see this, but Drive By on the left, Pallas on the right. Drive By is a Happy Fruit salad, which makes you and everyone around you happy. The fruit sparkles and is the reason for much joy. Pallas is an amazing perfume that has fruit that makes you happy first, and then you are the center of attention and the reason for other's happiness. You are what sparkles. This might sound as if I'm trying to talk you into Pallas, but I'm not. You want both. Drive By makes people happy, therefore being in the world and around them better for you, you are more likely to be the center of attention with Pallas. If they don't already like you, or are at least willing to like you, I doubt it would improve their moods. Pallas is more adult, but I'd still say it's a cheery daytime scent. I've worn it to work a bunch, Drive By was my go-to for traveling.

 

Edited by Eastwood22
because you want both!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never tried this ... but after all of the reviews over the years I have a FB invoiced and waiting to be mailed.  Happy dance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2018 at 2:35 PM, Eastwood22 said:

Okay, this is an experiment....

 

I don't know if you can see this, but Drive By on the left, Pallas on the right. Drive By is a Happy Fruit salad, which makes you and everyone around you happy. The fruit sparkles and is the reason for much joy. Pallas is an amazing perfume that has fruit that makes you happy first, and then you are the center of attention and the reason for other's happiness. You are what sparkles. This might sound as if I'm trying to talk you into Pallas, but I'm not. You want both. Drive By makes people happy, therefore being in the world and around them better for you, you are more likely to be the center of attention with Pallas. If they don't already like you, or are at least willing to like you, I doubt it would improve their moods. Pallas is more adult, but I'd still say it's a cheery daytime scent. I've worn it to work a bunch, Drive By was my go-to for traveling.

 

*jots down notes ? for next two perfumes I HAVE TO TRY* I got Pallas and bad girl w/ leather as my freebie trial vial among other things.... I was heavily peeping ? that drive by fruiting... That one I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a full bottle of! And... if Pallas really does What you say it does... I’ll have to go from sampler to full bottle as well before it’s all gone. Would you suggest Pallas as an oil or spray? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vicki Lee said:

Would you suggest Pallas as an oil or spray? 

I have both, but spray for sure, it's very social.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

I have both, but spray for sure, it's very social.

Duly Noted! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2018 at 1:35 PM, Eastwood22 said:

Okay, this is an experiment....

 

I don't know if you can see this, but Drive By on the left, Pallas on the right. Drive By is a Happy Fruit salad, which makes you and everyone around you happy. The fruit sparkles and is the reason for much joy. Pallas is an amazing perfume that has fruit that makes you happy first, and then you are the center of attention and the reason for other's happiness. You are what sparkles. This might sound as if I'm trying to talk you into Pallas, but I'm not. You want both. Drive By makes people happy, therefore being in the world and around them better for you, you are more likely to be the center of attention with Pallas. If they don't already like you, or are at least willing to like you, I doubt it would improve their moods. Pallas is more adult, but I'd still say it's a cheery daytime scent. I've worn it to work a bunch, Drive By was my go-to for traveling.

 

I think this was a response to someone else (I haven't read the whole thread, sorry), but I think this is a good breakdown. I only have a sample of Pallas, right now and I don't have DBF, but knowing this, if either are still around as trials, I'd definitely get both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×