Carolyn's Vanilla, Amber and Fig

I almost hesitate to post this review for two reasons

1. The scent isn't up yet and I don't want to jump the gun and ruin the new release suprise

2. I would like to be selfish and hoard it all for myself! My ten year old told me to buy up all the bottles!! he is learning the art of hoarding early!!

Ok, if you like fig and you like vanilla, you are gonna DIE!!! This is an absolutely beautiful scent that smells much more complex than the ingredients imply. There is a little spiciness, alot of yummy vanilla, the depth of amber, and the fig is decadent and you can almost taste it! The drydown on this is amazing! I ordered two more bottles of it, one amped with cougar and one with popularity potion! I cannot wait! If you're fig and vanilla lovers (Rosebud) run, do not walk to purchase this!!!!

Edited by Potion Master

I had only brewed that little bit because it was so similar to Christine's Figgin' Awesome Blend in composition, and I figured TG wanted one to replace that as she ordered it mere seconds after that last had sold out, so....anyway, certainly I can make more, for whomever wants it.

Actually the timing was a coincidence! Figgin Awesome didn't work for me because of the chocolate and raspberry (I think) notes! This one is pure fig and yummy vanilla. The amber is divine! It works for me in a way Figgin Awesome didn't!

Edited by therapygirl

Okayyy...will brew up big batch for all....

{{SMOOCHES}}

:arf: OH YAY!!!

:blushing: You ladies are the best!!!

:wub:

I'm so happy! I like The Figgin awesome because it's similar to my beloved Holle but I reckon TG's PE without chocolate & raspberries will be da bomb!!!

Rosebud, as a fellow Holle fanatic, you will NOT be disappointed! If you are I will buy your bottle from you!

Oh dear, I feel the hoarding part of my brain activating :arf:

My poor bank account!

I'd like to try this one too. I have tried and loved various figs scents in the past and for some reason am fixating on vanilla scents....

• 4 weeks later...

I did a search but came up empty, if there is another post please Ail, I need you to help a sista out and merge for me please. lol

This is nice...

TG... This one is fabulous, I am certain there will be reviews pouring as soon as ladies star receiving their bottles,

I got this in a sniffee, but already had a bottle on order (wish I had ordered two), anyway TG kept telling me if I liked holle I was gonna love this one. well at the time I hadn't smelled Holle, though i had a bottle on its way from a trade.

I immediately adored this one, it was nothing like christine's figgin awesome, though it is nice in its own right, it is too deep and heavy for me. But VAF is creamy and soft, like a whipped custard topping, the amber is not overtly strong so as to drown out the fig which is light and airy...these ingredients are equally blended and play very well together, nothing over powering the other.

This has a very soothing feel to it like being wrapped in a security blanket...perfect for cozying up, or perfect for spending quiet alone time...and a very perfect bedtime scent too

So I finally got Holle and TG was right I love this...and VAF is like the beautiful big sister to Holle only Holle is a little lighter...I layered them together and it was just yummy.

really ladies, If you were lucky enough to get this PE and you happen to be lucky enough to be hoarding some Holle, this is a great combo

But TG, good one fo shizzle!...wish I could do the review justice...

I am betting if RB purchased a bottle she will have the perfect review, being a Holle lover herself.

be blesed -djac

Edited by djacquelynstew

Oh, YES!!! This one is totally lovely! It's like a slightly lighter version of Holle on me. I'm thinking it's possibly slightly less vanilla too, but I'll have to wear one on each arm to compare :Hug_emoticon:

This is truly lovely!

Oh, YES!!! This one is totally lovely! It's like a slightly lighter version of Holle on me. I'm thinking it's possibly slightly less vanilla too, but I'll have to wear one on each arm to compare :10_small16:

This is truly lovely!

see to me, the Holle is a lil bit lighter...but either way they are sooooo very similar and both equally beautiful and OMG RB try them together...the bomb girrrl the bomb I say.

djac

• 6 months later...

This one is really yummy. Reminds me of the holidays. Like a mulberry potpourii (Sp) Mulberry was my favorite scent as a child.