OCCO - Please review ALL "flavors" in THIS thread

I've said before that initially I was not a fan of SLF but I think after I experimented with a trade bottle of jouir de and found that cops worked and what to do versus what not to do, SLF is a lot easier to handle for my specific chemistry.

However, if I did not have a bottle of EOW and of OCCO SLF there is no way I would let go of my jouir de. Read the review thread for it and you'll likely want to dare yourself to wear it too.

I was very interested to compare them side by side. OCCO SLF came across as bright and zingy and whatever honey was in it seemed like a very fruity honey. Also, by comparing them I could finally smell the orchid and I also counted myself lucky to add two more adjectives to the smelling experience of metallic and stale. Which makes it sound like I hate Jouir De (more for Nutrix) but my nose is dumb so I'm happy to have new smell experiences whwre I have to pick out new notes so I felt like I was learning today.

Just make sure it dries down and have a cover just in case.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH! I'm SO excited! I want to do what you have, MissHazel! ^_^ Initially when I first got Jouir De the Orchid and musks were the most in my face to me...the orchid I think because I can amp florals and the musks in it were completely new to me and I couldn't associate them with anything I'd ever smelled before. I LOVE the honeys in it, drippy and delicious, and the vanilla and amber make it rich and my skin turns this into a foodie delight. It's CRAZY and very WEIRD, especially after reading so many other reviews that sound like they're talking about a completely different product! :huh: On me this is a thick, clinging, honeyed, sexy musk. A real testament to the quirkiness of chemistry :heart: I'm wondering if the SLF's honey will be as drippingly gooey, thick and delicious, just without the orchid???

I'm going to have to get a bottle of OCCO Blue. I had gifted a bottle to a friend and she poured me a small sample. Though I love the versatility of OCCO White, I loooove how Blue smells. The BF told me I smelled like a cupcake. :blink:

I can't place my finger on the scent, it's sweet and soft but not CUPCAKE sweet. It's a clean sweet scent that I've learned to love.

Looks like from the drop down box on the web page it's oil or spray, (which will be an alcohol base), no mention of silicone. The sprays are usually great for diffusion in cooler weather and may burn off to quickly depending on how warm it is. I've not had any problems, myself, with diffusion or longevity using oils. I have several products in silicone/alcohol and the LP oils always outlast them. That's my 2c :)

And, I have read the cautionary notes that stronger copulin formulations (and the OCCOs are definitely heavy on the cops) are easier to use in roll-on form versus a spray. The caution has been to take care that the cops do not accidentally get into your hair or clothes, leaving you with cheese-head or an "unwashed" smell.

Edited by Chaionlife

Hi Everyone,

I have a question

Can you get the OCCOs in the silicone roll on?

Is that better than just the oil?

It is starting to get warmer here and I want the best diffusion.

Heather

The reason there is no mention of the silicone option for the OCCO line is because the silicone base in an option only for unscented pheros, not phero scents. With the OCCO line (and other phero-enhanced scents, the "base" is the perfume, which is oil (or alcohol, if requested)).

Bear in mind that, even in oil, diffusion WILL happen, especially if the weather is getting warmer. Oils are very good in the summer because they don't burn off as quickly (when it "burns off", that means it is gone and you must re-apply). And, you really don't want a strong sex signal flying across the room and smacking someone upside the head.....I prefer to wear my "sex blends" close to my body so that only the ones who get into my personal space will be affected.

And, I have read the cautionary notes that stronger copulin formulations (and the OCCOs are definitely heavy on the cops) are easier to use in roll-on form versus a spray. The caution has been to take care that the cops do not accidentally get into your hair or clothes, leaving you with cheese-head or an "unwashed" smell.

Yeah, "coochy-head" is NOT an attractive thing......

Bear in mind that, even in oil, diffusion WILL happen, especially if the weather is getting warmer. Oils are very good in the summer because they don't burn off as quickly (when it "burns off", that means it is gone and you must re-apply). And, you really don't want a strong sex signal flying across the room and smacking someone upside the head.....I prefer to wear my "sex blends" close to my body so that only the ones who get into my personal space will be affected.

This!!! A couple inch swipe of oil on my torso diffuses like mad even in the winter time. Summer isn't even a worry for me.

since i've never met a vanilla i didn't love, i assumed OCCO White would be a no-brainer from the get-go. the jury is still out, but i'll definitely have to to give this one a few more trials before deciding. one swipe on my torso (and then used that as the source for swiping my wrists)... and after the initial dry-down time (about 15 minutes before the initial cop-fruitiness started to fade) the vanilla started to emerge, but something on my skin gave it a somewhat plasticky scent, almost like a vanilla-scented candle (but not the good kind). a few hours later i could barely detect it at all, only getting a whiff when my wrist was pressed right up on my nose. and i can't even test out the cops yet because the husband's allergies are massive right now! :smiley-music002: . ah well, can hopefully give some good feedback on that at another time, heh...

anyhoo, will keep on trying with OCCO White - at the very least, i could definitely see layering it with some complementray scents.

xx

Quick question for OCCO users,,,,,It says on the site that if you like scented Cuddle Bunny, you'll be a fan of Blue. Does any one hear have both and if so, do you think that's an accurate statement? Are they alike or just similar in that it's following that "clean & floral" idea?

I have both NuTrix and I find them to be very similar. In fact, for a little while, I kind of wondered if the OCCO Blue was the NOCO version of the CB'09 scent. There are differences though. For some reason I find OCCO Blue to be just a little bit darker than CB'09. I love them both.

Quick question for OCCO users,,,,,It says on the site that if you like scented Cuddle Bunny, you'll be a fan of Blue. Does any one hear have both and if so, do you think that's an accurate statement? Are they alike or just similar in that it's following that "clean & floral" idea?

I wear them both a lot but I like Occo Blue a little better. It is more oakmossy where CB is more floral. Blue is sexier to me and comforting at the same time. I wouldn't say you could do with one or the other I think both are necessary.

For some reason I find OCCO Blue to be just a little bit darker than CB'09. I love them both.

Oooooo, darker.....interesting.....

I wear them both a lot but I like Occo Blue a little better. It is more oakmossy where CB is more floral. Blue is sexier to me and comforting at the same time. I wouldn't say you could do with one or the other I think both are necessary.

Spoken like a true LP connoisseur...and beloved enabler....... :love:

• 1 month later...

OMG...I finally tried OCCO Blue. Wonderful!! It's so cool and clean. I totally get what others said about it reminding them of Cuddle Bunny. It does have that same clean feel but not as feminine and fluffy. It's simple and sophisticated. The cops are flawlessly covered. I can't believe I've gone this long without trying it!

This is only the second OCCO I've ever smelled, so out of the universe of two, it's my favorite, too. :lol:

I've also figured out what this reminds me of. It smells like the inside of the Abercrombie and Fitch in the town where I went to school. My college BFF and I used to have shop therapy when we got stressed, and A&F was always a stop (even though their jeans were not made for anyone with a hint of an ass, lol). Happy memories! :wub:

Oh yeah! Red! And Pink! :D

I think one of the first things I got when I started my l'il addiction was the Occo sampler. I bought 5 of 'em a few months back. I saved up all my forum credits & splurged - and I'm so happy I did! It's awesome having a whole arsenal of versatile coppy scents! I love it! :D

Is the OCCO Red a brighter version of LP Red? I heard that it has an apricot type scent that's different from LP Red so I wasn't sure if that changed the basic smell. I guess that's kind of a question about all the OCCOS.

Oh...don't you worry...I am plotting my next order. :666:

:w00t:

Is the OCCO Red a brighter version of LP Red? I heard that it has an apricot type scent that's different from LP Red so I wasn't sure if that changed the basic smell. I guess that's kind of a question about all the OCCOS.

OCCO Red & Pink, at least, are simplified versions of their LP counter-parts, from what I understand. OCCO Pink smells quite lot like LP Pink to my nose, and yes, I think OCCO: Red is a little bit brighter than LP Red. But they complement each other very well, which is awesome, 'cause I'm pretty sure they're meant to.

I'm not sure if OCCO: White is meant to be a simplified LP Original, but I'm wearing the two of them together tonight, and just about dying from deliciousness! :lol:

Thanks, Eggers!! I've thought about getting some because I would love to layer the Reds. I hadn't been sure whether the apricot would overpower all the other goodness. Yay!! Well, I know what I'll be adding in my next couple of orders... a Red... a White... a Pink... a Black (maybe). lol

• 3 weeks later...

I am completely inexperienced w/ the OCCOs, but Mara very kindly added a sample vial of OCCO Blue to my last order. Thank you PM!!! :) I was having so much fun playing w/ my Sexpionage (lol) that I had forgotten about the OCCO Blue and am going to be placing an order soon and wanted to order a sample vial and just didn't know which one/s to order, so I brought out the Blue to try finally.

I have it on right now and I must say that this is a VERY pretty, very feminine, soft and sexy fragrance. On my skin, it is a bit too "girly", or maybe that's just my sense of it. It is extremely well blended ! I had a hard time picking out any distinct ingredients in it other than perhaps what I think is a hint of Iris which lends the lovely powdery scent? And then I think there is vanilla. Having the cops, you can expect the usual Cops 'cheesiness" upon initially applying it but give it a half hour or so and it should be fine depending on your skin type. If I had to describe it more simply, then I would simply say, imagine powdered sweet flowers w/ an artfully added hint of vanilla. At least that's what I get. It really is beautiful, but having read all of your delicous descriptions, I think I will just HAVE to go with trying Occo Gold and also Black when I order. They sound delicious!

I'm not sure if OCCO: White is meant to be a simplified LP Original, but I'm wearing the two of them together tonight, and just about dying from deliciousness! :lol:

For the vanilla lover, OCCO White is a MUST! It can add a soft vanilla sheen (and a cops twist) to everything!

Oh, and FYI.......OCCO White plus OCCO Black is 100% lethal! You may not be able to walk the next morning!

Edited by Dolly

I have to say, layering the OCCO White and Black is what I will probably end up doing before anything else when they arrive!! I'll save it for a weekend though from the sounds of it!!

I'm grubby city right now and I'm tooling around in OCCO: Blue and this baby is sweet, I forgot how much I love it....

So love OCCo Blue! It always gives me a lift. The scent is very unique.

Tomorrow I'm wearing Sealily with Occo Blue.

BTW

I do love my OCCo white.. Its vanilla coped sheen is always there in a pinch. :D

Edited by StacyK

I have to say, layering the OCCO White and Black is what I will probably end up doing before anything else when they arrive!! I'll save it for a weekend though from the sounds of it!!

It is a fabulous, TOTALLY indecent combo!

It is a fabulous, TOTALLY indecent combo!

Do you tend to find that the White is a lighter vanilla or a darker type vanilla? The reason I ask is because I was trying out a sniffie of Ail's Voluptuous Vanilla and that one strikes me as bright and sweet and I was wondering which way OCCO White went from there.

I've worn OCCO White and LP Black. If this is anything like the OCCO White/OCCO Black combo, it is to die for!!

Yes, I love OCCO White and LP Black!

I found the OCCO Black to be drier, and not as sweet as LP Black.

OMG...I finally tried OCCO Blue. Wonderful!! It's so cool and clean. I totally get what others said about it reminding them of Cuddle Bunny. It does have that same clean feel but not as feminine and fluffy. It's simple and sophisticated. The cops are flawlessly covered. I can't believe I've gone this long without trying it!

See I love OCCO Blue better than Cuddle Bunny

Do you tend to find that the White is a lighter vanilla or a darker type vanilla? The reason I ask is because I was trying out a sniffie of Ail's Voluptuous Vanilla and that one strikes me as bright and sweet and I was wondering which way OCCO White went from there.

Hmmmm......I don't find it dark, but I have also never worn Ail's VV to compare to. I find OCCO White to be very versatile......and, it screams vanilla.....I love vanilla, so I am ok with that!

I have

Hmmmm......I don't find it dark, but I have also never worn Ail's VV to compare to. I find OCCO White to be very versatile......and, it screams vanilla.....I love vanilla, so I am ok with that!

I have both... and I haven't yet showered yet, so I can apply and compare... let me do that and then work-out and I'll be back to post my comparison....

So, even though I showered and readied for my day, I decided to wear both of these for a longer trial throughout the morning... and to apply Treasure of Pearls on my other arm :) I smell scrumptious :)

My sample of AVV is brighter and sweeter on me. It is lovely, and perhaps more complex in its inclusion of different notes, so different nuances of scent is perhaps the best way to describe the perception I am getting. AVV is without cops, so I can not say how adding cops would change the scent.

OCCO White is deeper; not darker in terms of dirtier but darker in terms of denser, richer, thicker, and, for me, a more entrancing and more compelling but straightforward VANILLA scent. It does have a cops smell when wet (not an offensive smell to me, but a definite female scent) but dries down into lovely rich vanilla.

And, thank you for the opportunity to make this comparison! I have been wanting to compare the two for a while now and really appreciate the nudge I needed to do so :) I think that, for me, my choice for layering when I desire the added vanilla emphasis will be OCCO white.

Edited by Chaionlife

See I love OCCO Blue better than Cuddle Bunny

Really!? This one is on my wish list currently...along with...finally, lol, Gold. :)