OCCO - Please review ALL "flavors" in THIS thread

See I love OCCO Blue better than Cuddle Bunny

Yeah me too; although I think that's because it has some elements of UN in there as well as CB.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm......I don't find it dark, but I have also never worn Ail's VV to compare to. I find OCCO White to be very versatile......and, it screams vanilla.....I love vanilla, so I am ok with that!

I have

I have both... and I haven't yet showered yet, so I can apply and compare... let me do that and then work-out and I'll be back to post my comparison....

So, even though I showered and readied for my day, I decided to wear both of these for a longer trial throughout the morning... and to apply Treasure of Pearls on my other arm :) I smell scrumptious :)

My sample of AVV is brighter and sweeter on me. It is lovely, and perhaps more complex in its inclusion of different notes, so different nuances of scent is perhaps the best way to describe the perception I am getting. AVV is without cops, so I can not say how adding cops would change the scent.

OCCO White is deeper; not darker in terms of dirtier but darker in terms of denser, richer, thicker, and, for me, a more entrancing and more compelling but straightforward VANILLA scent. It does have a cops smell when wet (not an offensive smell to me, but a definite female scent) but dries down into lovely rich vanilla.

And, thank you for the opportunity to make this comparison! I have been wanting to compare the two for a while now and really appreciate the nudge I needed to do so :) I think that, for me, my choice for layering when I desire the added vanilla emphasis will be OCCO white.

Ooooow, OCCO White sounds right up my alley. I know I will be in the minority but AVV was a little too bright on me, it's weird. But the darker, denser and richer vanillas like you describe Chai is exactly what I love and what seems to wear well on me. Plus, if Dolly says its versatile, I am all over that!!! I can't wait to get this and try it on!!!! :Emoticons0086:

"mmm.... that is likable vanilla!" :love-you:

Attention Ladies !!!!

If you would like that comment in the checkout line (while your husband is also with you!) from the man that was with his girlfriend/wife :hearts04276::Emoticons04280:

the combo that made that uncomfortable silence was : AVV and OCCO White :smiley-sex023:

I know I will be in the minority but AVV was a little too bright on me, it's weird.

Not surprising -- Avv on me is pink first and vanilla second, especially as it has aged....

Not surprising -- Avv on me is pink first and vanilla second, especially as it has aged....

I didn't even think of that but you're right!! It is very pink. Maybe that's why it seems "wrong" to me. OCCO White however exactly fits the bill. I got a FB in my last order and tried it out. I swear I may become a total OCCO convert. The Red, White and Black all smell heavenly. I almost like them better than the originals. I won't go that far just yet but it's close.

I didn't even think of that but you're right!! It is very pink. Maybe that's why it seems "wrong" to me. OCCO White however exactly fits the bill. I got a FB in my last order and tried it out. I swear I may become a total OCCO convert. The Red, White and Black all smell heavenly. I almost like them better than the originals. I won't go that far just yet but it's close.

I use my BBM as an OCCO: White, but I probably just need to break down and get and OCCO: White for my stable of goodies...

"mmm.... that is likable vanilla!" :love-you:

Attention Ladies !!!!

If you would like that comment in the checkout line (while your husband is also with you!) from the man that was with his girlfriend/wife :hearts04276::Emoticons04280:

the combo that made that uncomfortable silence was : AVV and OCCO White :smiley-sex023:

that's great!! However it could have been even more uncomfortable if he said "that's lickable vanilla" LOL!!

I'm having a hard time sleeping tonight and I just put some Occo Blue on, I forgot how relaxing this is on. It's like it wraps you in a soft blue blanket of sulk, so soft and so comforting

I love OCCo blue.... good solution

I use my BBM as an OCCO: White, but I probably just need to break down and get and OCCO: White for my stable of goodies...

I think this is one you would like. It very vanilla with a darker tone to it, not bright and super sweet like AVV (at least that's how it seemed on me). I really like it by itself and I'll be doing testing whether I like this or BBM for layering (or both equally). THAT one is my go-to scent for mixing at the moment. :D

that's great!! However it could have been even more uncomfortable if he said "that's lickable vanilla" LOL!!

I'm wondering if he didn't actually think that in his head and changed his mind at the last minute... he saw certain death coming and decided to avert!! LOL

Edited by StoremyWhether

I read it as "lickable vanilla" I thought it was a typo!!!

eta: I think that even though I did like BBM in the end I decided I actually preferred Occo White and decided to stick with the tried and true. I have never tried AVV and am wondering now if I should or just stick with White. Guess I should go read reviews...I suppose they have been compared in the AVV thread.

Edited by missdarlyncherie

Well, if you want to try a sniffie of one, let me know. I can send you the AVV sniffie I have and you can see how you feel about it. :) I've decided that one isn't for me and will be sticking with the OCCO White and BBM. OCCO White being my "wearable" and BBM being my layer.

Well, if you want to try a sniffie of one, let me know. I can send you the AVV sniffie I have and you can see how you feel about it. :) I've decided that one isn't for me and will be sticking with the OCCO White and BBM. OCCO White being my "wearable" and BBM being my layer.

OCCo white is just different from those others mentioned.

If you like OCCo at all then you should have it. The first FB Occos I got were White and Blue. White was for the practicality and I knew from reading this entire ( lol) thread.. its really finny and informative...I'd like the scent. Blue, because I knew I'd love the scent.

I love them both. OCCo white can go with ANYTHING and it's nice on its own too.

It's really not a risk, you'll like it.

When I wear it I smell the cops and the "white" when I put it on.. after full dry-down its pretty much just smell of the "White" scent. The White scent lasts for ages too.

Sort of ETA; I have OCCo Purple envy, hoping for a rebrew someday. :heart::)

ETA 2: Dolly's description of OCCo black made me think ,a little, of Ann's Brown Sugar Black Amber.. but with some Asian Spices tossed in. I have to try it!

Edited by StacyK

I read it as "lickable vanilla" I thought it was a typo!!!

Muhahahaha! It was a typo! AND a completely uncomfortable statement for all!!!!

it was... "LICKABLE"

I will also add... it felt like one of those "Did I just say that out loud?" moments ta-boot! :Emoticons04280:

Edited by livinginparadise

Stormey, do you find OCCO White to be dramatically different from BBM?

I wouldn't say it's a dramatic difference, DD. For me, BBM very much has that milky scent to it, the buttery, eggy "flavor". It really lends a wonderful layer to make others seem more foodie/creamy in my opinion - like the Lusty Licious/BBM combo. OCCO White seems more a true vanilla... nothing in addition, just a nice neutral, foodie/non-foodie, touch darker vanilla. AVV to me was a bit too bright, very sweet; OCCO White is a nice warm vanilla, sweet but not overly so. That's been my reactions to it so far.

This morning I am pairing the OCCO White with LP Original. Together it's very soft and feminine. I love the scent trail I create between my office and the coffee maker!!! LOL

I'm wearing Purple today. This and Black are my top two OCCOS. Love Pink & White too...and red...and gold...I digress.. Anyways Purple smells like a pretty straightforward "dirty violet" to me. Its deep and sorta resiny and earthy, with some orris I'm the background and the violet stealing the show. Purple layers great with black candy & that's my combo today.

It's only 10 am, but my bus driver gave me a free bus ride, 4 free bus passes & asked what kind of perfume I was wearing!.Never saw the old fella before today. What a nice way to start the day!! :D

*^ Oh wow!! Thats great CB. lol Poor guy never stood a chance. I have OCCo purple envy...

Hopefully one day Mara will brew some up. :D

I'm wearing Purple today. This and Black are my top two OCCOS. Love Pink & White too...and red...and gold...I digress.. Anyways Purple smells like a pretty straightforward "dirty violet" to me. Its deep and sorta resiny and earthy, with some orris I'm the background and the violet stealing the show. Purple layers great with black candy & that's my combo today.

It's only 10 am, but my bus driver gave me a free bus ride, 4 free bus passes & asked what kind of perfume I was wearing!.Never saw the old fella before today. What a nice way to start the day!! :D

The thing about Occo Plurple is...I normally don't like "dirty" scents and I normally don't like violet scents but I do love it! It is totally different from anything I have in my collection. Now I wish I would have worn it today. On me it seems bright and cheerful!

What are the notes in OCCo purple.. I'm thinking violet, oakmoss, powdery vanilla???

Anyone know?

Gee whiz,I didn't even know it was discontinued! Wah!!:(

I don't remember the exact notesI know violet and Orris,some type of resins, but I don't thinnnnnk theres any vanilla. It really isn't a sweet one at all. At least not on me.Maybe someone else will know?

It smells dark to me. Purple, but ROYAL purple..ya know?

Edited by cheeseburger79

Gee whiz,I didn't even know it was discontinued! Wah!!:(

I don't remember the exact notesI know violet and Orris,some type of resins, but I don't thinnnnnk theres any vanilla. It really isn't a sweet one at all. At least not on me.Maybe someone else will know?

It smells dark to me. Purple, but ROYAL purple..ya know?

It sounds sounds good! fingers crossed for a rebrew. :D

Orris is a type of root. Its earthy &dirty smellin.

Man, I hope I don't get in trouble, but my emails I'm my profile. Mara must only have the old one so I'll haveta email her too.I'd post it right here but I dont wanna break the rules...

Rules were made to be broken,but not Maras! :D

Stormey, do you find OCCO White to be dramatically different from BBM?

I do. For me Occo White was just too sheer. It was like a non foody vanilla to my nose, whereas BBM is bakery buttery creamy vanilla, thick and gooey. I prefer BBM, but can see why Occo White is so popular, as it really is a good layering OCCO.

To me OCCo White is like EOW with a thick fluffy whipped vanilla/ honey stripe running through it.

The scent has body and it's sheer at the same time. I get EOW bleed, but after dry down it's all good.

BBM is a triple vanilla milky scent IMO. I find the scents very different. I don't get milky from OCCo White.

ETA Thanks CB and Halo... it sounds devine :)

Edited by StacyK

• 2 weeks later...

OMG!!! Just got around to trying OCCO GOLD and all I can say is " Ohhhhh... honey, HONEY! Yes.. YESSSS!!!" LOL! First let me say that I am a total hoe for honey. When I first put this one on, it smelled very close to Phero Girl to me. which I also love, but PG is smuttier on my skin. The cops on this one took longer to die down on me than usual for some reason. Like maybe a 2 hours? Strange. I was at home anyway, so no biggie. Once this dried down totally though, it came through on me as DIVINE honey that really popped, totally amped (YAY) mixed w/ something like marshmallow? I have to say also that this one has some amazing staying power! I put this on yesterday afternoon after showering and it is over 24 hours later and i can *still* smell it! I absolutely adore it and am in honey heaven. If you dislike honey, then you have been fairly warned. As for my opinion... YUMMY!

Oh thank you Storemy! But as I was rifling through my sniffee treasure chest looking for things on the sale list to try I did indeed find one of these!!! Sometimes I am so excited about my order I throw the sniffees in there for later and miss some! I do like this, but like you I prefer Occo White.

Oh thank you Storemy! But as I was rifling through my sniffee treasure chest looking for things on the sale list to try I did indeed find one of these!!! Sometimes I am so excited about my order I throw the sniffees in there for later and miss some! I do like this, but like you I prefer Occo White.

Glad that you found one to test!! I do the same thing. Most recently it was Pouncing Potion. I realized about a week and a half later that I had a sniffie to try and ended up loving it!! I decided to go through my box to see what else I didn't know I had. Those sniffies are crack in a bottle to me.

OMG!!! Just got around to trying OCCO GOLD and all I can say is " Ohhhhh... honey, HONEY! Yes.. YESSSS!!!" LOL! First let me say that I am a total hoe for honey. When I first put this one on, it smelled very close to Phero Girl to me. which I also love, but PG is smuttier on my skin. The cops on this one took longer to die down on me than usual for some reason. Like maybe a 2 hours? Strange. I was at home anyway, so no biggie. Once this dried down totally though, it came through on me as DIVINE honey that really popped, totally amped (YAY) mixed w/ something like marshmallow? I have to say also that this one has some amazing staying power! I put this on yesterday afternoon after showering and it is over 24 hours later and i can *still* smell it! I absolutely adore it and am in honey heaven. If you dislike honey, then you have been fairly warned. As for my opinion... YUMMY!

Rose--I just wanted you to know that I ordered a sample of OCCO Gold based on this review! I thought I was all set with my Sugared Honeycomb, but this is SO delicious! It's a little deeper and a little darker on me than the Sugared Honeycomb, and I am thrilled to have a second honey scent that I love this much (not to mention, thrilled to have a cops option that works for me, since some of the others I have tried have not worked well with my skin). Thanks so much for your wonderful review!

• 2 weeks later...

I tried Occo Black for the first time today. Wow.

It's a deep, thick resinous scent.. the sandalwood adds a perfume'ish dash to it. This is almost an "old fashioned" traditional perfume scent. The nature of the dark resins keep it from sliding to far in that direction. Very nice change of pace. I refreshed my EoP a bit an added a couple of swipes of OCCo Black. I like contrasting this with complementary scents. I bet it would be great with Double O.

Edited by StacyK

When you wear an OCCO and another blend like BI at the same time

,should you apply them ontop of each other or should you make sure they are not mixed ?when you smooth them around?

Sometimes I smell cops faintly during my dates and I dont know if they should be blended apart from each other to prevent this.I let then dry down for over 40 minutes before dressing so I know they are not on my cloths.

Edited by heather

When you wear an OCCO and another blend like BI at the same time

,should you apply them ontop of each other or should you make sure they are not mixed ?when you smooth them around?

Sometimes I smell cops faintly during my dates and I dont know if they should be blended apart from each other to prevent this.I let then dry down for over 40 minutes before dressing so I know they are not on my cloths.

I'll say your smelling a lot of cops because your wearing an Occo with BI. I think that's a waste, cop overload! Someone else might want to chime in here but I think your totally wasting your money. If say, you were doing a phero like SS4W and adding a dose of OCCo fine but BI has a lot of cops.. humm I'm interested to hear what someone else says.

As far as mixing on top of each other I don't think it matters as long as you do your dry down ect. I'd say you smell a lot of cops is because your wearing a whole lot if cops.

Edited by StacyK

Blatant Invitation is a cops-heavy sexual blend. If you are not getting the results you want from BI alone,. then I could see adding some OCCO on top of that, but otherwise yes, it's overkill, IMO.