OCCO - Please review ALL "flavors" in THIS thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pulled out OCCO Black today and I cannot snuggle up to myself enough! :lol: I don't know what it is about this.

It's cold and damp out. We had snow in the morning followed by a gorgeous sunny afternoon :Emoticons04280: Yeah - go figure! And everything melted but it's still cold and also WET - BLECH! :wacko:

OCCO Black FEELS smoldering and warm to me and in this icky weather I just want to curl up to myself...I think I need to go put on a little more....

Had on Black again last evening...

Boy am I using this a lot lately! Last night after we were settled in fir the evening we built a fire and broke out some wine. La Sylphide was mostly gone from the days wear but I didn't want to put on my first choice (Sex & Violins) b/c I have no idea how LFM & Dom would play together so I grabbed for just cops instead. WELL, between the fire crackling and OCCO Black EVERYTHING smelled divine! And as things heated up they also got delightfully romantic.... :heart:

I see Purple on the drop down menu for Noco. If I get a bottle copped would that be similar to Occo Purple? or is it a different purple. there is no description for it. Maybe it was mistakenly included on the list.

I'd be curious to know the answer to this question as well. I always heard good things about OCCO Purple....just what is it? Floral, foodie???

:question-mark:

From what I could find it seems Occo Purple was floral. Violet is what I read. If it is still on the list when I place my second order I am going to get me one of those and get it boosted with cops.

I will have to go back and read to see if I can find things it was paired with or if it was used more on its own.

Edited by irish eyes

From what I could find it seems Occo Purple was floral. Violet is what I read. If it is still on the list when I place my second order I am going to get me one of those and get it boosted with cops.

I will have to go back and read to see if I can find things it was paired with or if it was used more on its own.

it's also heavy in the Orris Root. It's from the root of an Iris plant.

The most Floral OCCo I've ever smelled is OCCo Green.

Edited by StacyK

Interesting. I like violet :love:

I think my favorite OCCOs are White, Pink, Blue & Black so far. I'm going to try to be happy with those...for now...teheheee

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmm! Just put on a touch of OC Black and I love how chewy it goes on and how rich it smells AND the staying power it has...I'm looking at the notes in this and in Decadent Diva...and I'm wondering if they will have any similarity and how the addition of a sandalwood note might change it...

I didn't even think of OCCO Black when I ordered Decadent Diva but looking at the notes, you're right! I can't wait to hear if anyone gets that impression once it arrives.

I can't technically review Occo Blue because I got it as a very kind pay-it-forward gift from another user (thanks Storemy!) rather than from LP directly. But, I'll think I can ask my question: am a total weirdo for liking the smell of cops, at least in Occo Blue?

I don't think it odd at all :) It's my belief that something carefully and skillfully crafted can work what might otherwise be an odd note (cops) into something genuinely enjoyable...like OC Blue :heart:

I can't technically review Occo Blue because I got it as a very kind pay-it-forward gift from another user (thanks Storemy!) rather than from LP directly. But, I'll think I can ask my question: am a total weirdo for liking the smell of cops, at least in Occo Blue?

There's no reason you can't review it!

Donsie, I think there are plenty of others that don't mind the smell of cops. I've kind of liked it myself! There's only been once or twice when I first started that I got the nasty sort of smell that others talk of and that was because I inadvertently got some on my shirt. When you smell on your clothing a few hours after application, I can see why it's important to let it dry down!! It does give off a scent that makes you want to move slowly in a windless room. It's not for everyone as the diversity of reviews here go to show but you are certainly no weirdo for liking the smell! :D

RE Blue, I've got both NOCO and OCCO Blue and on me, although the cops itself blends in to obscurity, I still get a faint "twang" that changes the scent just the slightest bit and personally, I actually like that more!

There's no reason you can't review it!

I thought I read somewhere that swaps and other things that don't come directly from LPMP weren't supposed to be reviewed in the normal review threads, but it's entirely possible that I imagined this! Oops! If that's wrong then I shall have to do a proper review later this week.

Edited by donsie

Donsie, I think there are plenty of others that don't mind the smell of cops. I've kind of liked it myself! There's only been once or twice when I first started that I got the nasty sort of smell that others talk of and that was because I inadvertently got some on my shirt. When you smell on your clothing a few hours after application, I can see why it's important to let it dry down!! It does give off a scent that makes you want to move slowly in a windless room. It's not for everyone as the diversity of reviews here go to show but you are certainly no weirdo for liking the smell! :D

RE Blue, I've got both NOCO and OCCO Blue and on me, although the cops itself blends in to obscurity, I still get a faint "twang" that changes the scent just the slightest bit and personally, I actually like that more!

I knew Dolly and some other folks had written that they the didn't mind them; I would go so far as to say they actively smell pleasant to me. I guess I just like funk. This explains why I like smelling my cats (fur only, nothing dodgy!). Or was that :smiley-signs135: ?

I don't want to waste any Occo or ruin a tea towel, but I am *sorely* tempted to try seeing what cops smell like on fabric after a few hours. For science!

Ugh, sorry. I'll get the multiquote right in the future.

Edited by donsie

If it helps any Donsie, I didn't have to burn any clothing because of the smell. LOL I just threw it in the washer and it came out just fine. You'd probably have to worry more about clothing such as coats/jackets/etc. that aren't or can't be washed on a regular basis. I wouldn't suggest putting a shirt, let alone a jacket, on before letting the cops dry down!!!

If it helps any Donsie, I didn't have to burn any clothing because of the smell. LOL I just threw it in the washer and it came out just fine. You'd probably have to worry more about clothing such as coats/jackets/etc. that aren't or can't be washed on a regular basis. I wouldn't suggest putting a shirt, let alone a jacket, on before letting the cops dry down!!!

Ha, experiment avoided then!

You can certainly review it! We love reviews regardless of how you got the item.

Thanks for clearing that up, Halo. I'm planning to text it properly tomorrow evening and will report back, in that case.

I thought I read somewhere that swaps and other things that don't come directly from LPMP weren't supposed to be reviewed in the normal review threads, but it's entirely possible that I imagined this! Oops! If that's wrong then I shall have to do a proper review later this week.

You did read it, it's just that the intent was a bit skewed. People swap things other than LPs sometimes. The review threads are for LP products, not products from other vendors :) So review away! So long as you're reviewing LPs you're golden :heart708:

I guess I just like funk. This explains why I like smelling my cats (fur only, nothing dodgy!). Or was that :smiley-signs135: ?

I like smelling my dog too... Especially the undersides of her paws, they smell sort of like herbs or hay.

Then again, I don't mind a whiff of (dried) cops either, so I guess I like funk as well! :D

Edit: I can often tell when my dog is sick or something's wrong though, because then she smells 'off'.

And my cat, who is ancient, does not smell pleasant anymore; she's not quite Smelly Cat yet, but her fur gets a little musty sometimes.

Edited by ssupytalp

OCCO pink is my favorite! It starts off very girly like pink cotton candy and lemonade. As it dries, it softens and smells more elegant. The lemon burns off and the amber comes out more. It's a soft pink amber scent that stays close to my skin and is so pretty. :hearts0425:

You did read it, it's just that the intent was a bit skewed. People swap things other than LPs sometimes. The review threads are for LP products, not products from other vendors :) So review away! So long as you're reviewing LPs you're golden :heart708:

Aaah, mystery solved, NuTrix! :smiley-char145:

I like smelling my dog too... Especially the undersides of her paws, they smell sort of like herbs or hay.

Then again, I don't mind a whiff of (dried) cops either, so I guess I like funk as well! :D

Edit: I can often tell when my dog is sick or something's wrong though, because then she smells 'off'.

And my cat, who is ancient, does not smell pleasant anymore; she's not quite Smelly Cat yet, but her fur gets a little musty sometimes.

Oh, I'll make sure I enjoy the way my cats smell while I can. It's a talent to be able to sniff out dog disease; usually it's the other way around and it's dogs who do the sniffing out of human illness.

I had a boyfriend who loved to smell his dog's paws. He said they smelled warm and fuzzy. And I had another boyfriend who said my hair actually has ginger in it (I often grumble that I don't think I have red hair like my siblings) because he could *smell* the scent of a ginger coming off me. :Emoticons04280:

Mini Occo Blue quickie review until I have a chance to test it properly on specific targets: unsurprisingly it goes a treat with Sneaky Clean. The funk calms down pretty much completely on me to a lovely sort of blue musk, too, but it takes a few hours. Luckily no one in my cathedral choir (HA!) asked what smelled like salacious ass. Sure does come through clothes, even after 20 minutes of dry-down.

Edited by donsie

I think our frenches smell like corn chips... and I like it too.... :Emoticons04231:

GIANT personalities packed into little packages! Very entertaining...odd...but sweet - very quirky :lol: I guess we can all say that about out four legged family members though :)

Edited to add - they like OCCOs too! :D

Edited by NuTrix

I still don't have a functioning quote button :arf:. Donsie: "That explains why I like smelling my cats..."

LOL! I love to sniff my cat's head, especially when he comes in from the backyard on a cold day. Sometimes he smells sweet and soft like baby powder, and sometimes he smells clean and lightly smoky, like autumn evenings. In summer, as it gets really hot here, he sometimes gets a little kitty BO under his arms legs. Then I bring out the blueberry muffin scented dry cat shampoo (because I cannot bathe him- he would skin me out of fear).

I must get some OCCO Blue to wear with Sneaky Clean. It's one of my favourite perfumes and I love mixing it up with other scents to change it. These two seem to be made for each other.

I must get some OCCO Blue to wear with Sneaky Clean. It's one of my favourite perfumes and I love mixing it up with other scents to change it. These two seem to be made for each other.

Yes! I call that combo "Sneaky Blue"

Funny! I swear the top of my pekes head smells like tortillas! LOL!

It's an epidemic of corn chip/tortilla goodness!

Are y'all feeding your dogs corn?

:smiley-laughing024: Nope! Grain free - so just WHERE IS THAT corn chip smell coming from???!!!

Funny! I swear the top of my pekes head smells like tortillas! LOL!

It's a corn chip/tortilla epidemic!!! :lol:

Are y'all feeding your dogs corn?

:smiley-laughing024: Nope, grain free here! WHERE IS THAT corn chip smell coming from???!!!

Must be the Corn Mother (or Blue Corn Woman), NuTrix!

I don't think if it were an LP scent that I would purchase it :D But it is odd for them to smell so distinctly un-dog-like....

I have re discovered my love of OCCO Purple

OC Purple?... What are the notes in that one?