Gemini

KrazyKat

Gemini includes Aged musk, redwood, balsam rosewood, berry and lemon.

This is really gorgeous, my favorite of the sample pack (so far).

It goes on almost like a mans cologne and settles into a GORGEOUS light, ethereal ultra-femme skin musk with lemony undertones. The finish reminds me of a fabulous drug-store skin musk (think bonnie bell or jovan) gone upscale, refined and more interesting.

This is a sheer and very, very sexy understated and versatile skin scent, which I would imagine to work well for alot of women :)

Gemini includes Aged musk, redwood, balsam rosewood, berry and lemon.

This is really gorgeous, my favorite of the sample pack (so far).

It goes on almost like a mans cologne and settles into a GORGEOUS light, ethereal ultra-femme skin musk with lemony undertones. The finish reminds me of a fabulous drug-store skin musk (think bonnie bell or jovan) gone upscale, refined and more interesting.

This is a sheer and very, very sexy understated and versatile skin scent, which I would imagine to work well for alot of women :Hug_emoticon:

OK, I could just say DITTO! This is a very nice musk blend.....if you like musk, you'll love this one.....

I'm really loving this one! It reminds me of hiking through a redwood forest. The "calm, steadfast strength" they refer to in the description really comes through for me. The woods in this (and maybe the aged musk?) give it a unisex quality, but it's not overly masculine like an in-your-face men's cologne.

This one is really very subtle and well blended. The lemon top note works with it beautifully, making it smell fresh. The lemon doesn't really pop out in an obvious way either, like some citrus scents do. Every now and then I smell the berries too, but they aren't dominant either.

When it dries down, it turns into a really clean scent, not soapy or perfumy at all. On my skin, it's not super strong, but it lasts all day, just the way I like my scents. I think this would also be a great choice for B&B products.

I bought a sample of this with my last order and now I'm thinking of getting a bottle. I might wait a few days till some of the other reviews come in on the new ones...has anyone triedFocus Pocus, Southern Gothic 2009, or Aphrodesia Erotica?

EDIT: Oops, I just noticed there already was a Gemini review....Please move this post over to that one....Sorry!!!!!

Edited by Michele20

Citrussy musk! LOVE!

Very unisex. I'd love to smell this on my man-toy too! (he's more of the unisex type scents....moreso than the overly masculine perfumes)

On the other hand.....if I have him wear this, that means I can't......I cannot wear a scent that's asociated with him. I'd be distracted too much....

I might make the sacrifice though.....lol

On the other hand.....if I have him wear this, that means I can't......I cannot wear a scent that's asociated with him. I'd be distracted too much....

I break that rule all the time! Then again, I always wear the men's scents (or try them, at least) so it's more they're associated with me first! :001_302:

I tested this one today, I wasn't expecting to LOVE this, but I do ! Great Summer scent, Ditto ! luv the lemony musk too ! bought a lemon meringue pie after work :rolleyes:

i an a musk ho, so i am sure i'll be loving this one!

Applied wet, I get a good amount of lemony-freshness with a spicy undertone...several hours later the citrus has diminished quite a bit, and the woods have come out to play - oh lovely! I was hoping that the wood notes would not amp in an bad way as some do on me, but these are good on my skin...warm, comforting notes that stay close.

I'd like a guy who smelled like this too!

• 2 weeks later...

This is VERY subtle on me, I hope it amps on Q just a bit more in terms of the woods (he doesn't like to smell like citrus unless it's Monsieur Balmain), I guess we'll see what happens this weekend when I dab him. For me it's just the slightest bit woodsy but primarily warm clean skin, with a hint of citrus in the wet stage. Granted, I'm not that big on skin musks (although Christine's Tropical Musk is a recent exception) but this really is a good example of a unisex scent in that the overall impression is whatever your chemistry makes of it.

Quince wore this yesterday during the day and I think it's very nice on him although he claimed he couldn't smell it at all, just a sort of vague "there-ness" (his term). But none of the notes were particularly prevalent, it was just a nicely clean skin musk with his chemistry. I'm thinking maybe it needs some aging so that the particular notes can mature and make themselves known.

Applied wet, I get a good amount of lemony-freshness with a spicy undertone...several hours later the citrus has diminished quite a bit, and the woods have come out to play - oh lovely! I was hoping that the wood notes would not amp in an bad way as some do on me, but these are good on my skin...warm, comforting notes that stay close.

I'd like a guy who smelled like this too!

Perfect description katz, I wore this to get me going this moring...

• 3 months later...

At first I was kind of "eh" on this because I believe it was the balsam rosewood and lemon that were most prominent wet, but it dries down into a gorgeous ethereal skin musk scent with no lemon at all, but soft redwood and berry. It's a very "clean" scent that makes me think of a super-luxe laundry detergent--and this isn't an insult at all because I personally love the smell of laundry detergent--with a sexy kick. I'm a Cancer who was supposed to be a Leo (mom was induced) but Gemini is really growing on me!

• 2 months later...

I started going through my not-yet-tried sniffies and decided on this one for today. I did not get berry or wood at all. When first applied to my skin it is really lemony, but soon dries down to a light musk that lingered most of my work shift. This would be good for days when I just don't want to stink. ^_^

Edited by Robert

I would love for my hubby to wear this.

I started going through my not-yet-tried sniffies and decided on this one for today. I did not get berry or wood at all. When first applied to my skin it is really lemony, but soon dries down to a light musk that lingered most of my work shift. This would be good for days when I just don't want to stink. ^_^

This made me giggle. As opposed to those days when you really ache to get a stank on?

• 5 months later...

I got this as a sample from an order.

First off, I'm not a fan of sweet smelling or foody scents... or that's what I think. B)

Initially, I thought the scent was far too sweet and sugary for me, but after it settled I really liked it. I guess the best way for me to describe it is it is a sweet smelling aquatic scent. More so on the sweet side. I've found a lot of the scents from LP take a few days for me to warm up to but this one I found myself enjoying after the first use. I found out it was no longer made, but the sale somehow brought some of them out, so I ordered a bottle. :lol: Great scent, pushes the sweet boundary for me. ^^

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Yup, resurrecting this oldie back .

As you can see by the avatar, I'm a gemini. Born on the cusp of magic (Gemini/Cancer), which I guess blesses my personality with a mixed bag of Logic and Crazy emotions. I take that back though, I just appreciate the mysticism behind astrology and so, it should be no surprise I'd pick the fragrance up from the LP Artfire site.

Back to the review.

I'm surprised how much better this smells from a 1/3 ounce bottle compared to the sample I bought last year. The sample's lemon note stood out more and would occasionally give me headaches where as the full bottle was more well-rounded and not so invasive on the nose.

I wouldn't be adding anything new here by explaining how it smells and projects on me. I see what people are talking about when they mention the dualities of the scent. The initial smell comes off to me balmy and fresh (lemons/rosewood) but once it settles down, it's reveals it's masculinity without losing that touch of sweetness (berries and musk).

Overall, I wasn't dissapointed with my purchase. I'm glad the full bottle does the fragrance justice. Worth a try if you're looking for a casual/summer scent.