Honey Ho

Dolly

Decided to try this one today, and it gives me a very similar feel to Naughty Sweet and Dirty, with a light splash of fruit.....nicely done for the Honey Ho's!!

Decided to try this one today, and it gives me a very similar feel to Naughty Sweet and Dirty, with a light splash of fruit.....nicely done for the Honey Ho's!!

Dolly darlin' -

This one goes all Iced Tea smelling on me. I contributed and I know it's my wonky chemistry - but to me - it smells nothing like NSD.

My name is Shelly B - I am a Honey Ho. But for some tragic reason - Honey Ho - hates me.

Fooey.

Shelly B--thats a small tragedety(Yeah need spell wizard) BUT in case you havent seen me say this in other posts...LOVE THAT AVVIE!

Now I wait for my honey ho (and cry deeply-like a boss)------kudos to whoever knows what that reference is from! :)

Dolly darlin' -

This one goes all Iced Tea smelling on me. I contributed and I know it's my wonky chemistry - but to me - it smells nothing like NSD.

My name is Shelly B - I am a Honey Ho. But for some tragic reason - Honey Ho - hates me.

Fooey.

That's truly sad.....it loves me, but honey usually does.....

Shelly B--thats a small tragedety(Yeah need spell wizard) BUT in case you havent seen me say this in other posts...LOVE THAT AVVIE!

Now I wait for my honey ho (and cry deeply-like a boss)------kudos to whoever knows what that reference is from! :magicstick:

You are incredibad, Cheesy.

Edited by Pony

Mmmm....me likey. :magicstick:

I get the NSD thing too, I think the amber and brown sugar along with the musk gives it a bit of a darker feel in the bottom, and the pear is pear but it's not obviously pear...just a bright note in the top which tweaks my nose playfully. The honey elements are very present and naturalistic, almost raw. It's not an interpretation of honey or an impression of honey, this is honey...and even the slight waxiness from the comb. And that contributes just as much to the "female musk" characteristic, I think, interestingly enough...the quality of thickness, as it were.

I also think you could layer this with other things to either accentuate a different type of sweetness (while still retaining a more suggestive agenda underneath) or take it in a different direction.

Dang it - tried again. I still smell like a supersized iced tea. More FOOEY. Wonky chemistry - honeyband musk almost always love me - it must be the pear.

Shelly, you'd find a way to make iced-tea sexxay though :Hug_emoticon:

• 2 weeks later...

My friend Maria's reaction to Honey Ho (I gave her my free bottle from DA):

But the perfume is SO NICE!! I dabbed a bit on as soon as I opened the box, and wow, awesome! YAY!! Have you checked it out yet? It's amazing stuff! I keep smelling my wrist!

Heh, admittedly she is already a Honey Ho (she sends me honey she buys at her local farmer's market), so now she's officially in the club. But I wanted her to have a honey scent she could feel safe wearing in the daytime. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Strong honey scents do not like my skin. To me, this smells exactly like Phero Girl without the pheros. A strong waxy overpowering honey. But, you should understand that all strong honey scents do this on my skin. The dark honey notes are amped and drown out everything else. Check out other’s reviews of this one before deciding. Added note: I put this on next to Tahitian Temptress and after they both dried down the scents melded and smelled pretty good together. I still got the really waxy undertone from the honey and am not likely to get this myself, but I wanted to note it for others – good combo.

Ok heres another potion that I totally love, but ya know what? Maybe us Michiganders have some twisted skin thing.

Unlike my friend Shelly B, I dont get tea, but I also get no dark nothins. Its Honey and Pear,for sure. But a very light and fresh version on my skin.

Nothing like Pherogirl, or any other honey scent I've tried. The honey is light and springy on me-akin to the type in Aphrodesia Erotica, and the pear is juicy and lovely.

I adore this perfume. It's sweet, sexy and youthful...but dark and dirty? Nope. Not on the Cheesy one-which is totally cool with me. I've got Shelly's wave's of Lust and jouir de....I'm pretty dirty for a lil bit.

This is honey. Sweet, fruity, juicy and refreshing. If theres musk, its white or skin musk on me. Great for Spring or summer! I likes!

Very different take on the honey scents, which I actually find cool. You dont want TOO many to be all dark and musky-it can become mundane. This was a pleasent suprise indeed. Love! :)

It's the same for me Cheesy (may I call you Cheesy? :) ) honey and pear. Sweet and light with a little pear twist. There is more there grounding it for sure but i think I must amp the pear in this one. Nice change from the other Honey scents

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

At first smells like honey mixed with blueberry water smell then dries down a soft powdery honey scent.

• 2 months later...

I'm coming around on the topic of honey -- Phero Girl's insane effectiveness will do that for anyone :) -- but the type of dirtiness in this one did not like me. However I wanted to post that the combo of fruit (I actually smelled peach, not pear; pear goes funny on me but in this, it did not) with this type of honey is inspired- really does evoke a fruit drizzled with honey.

• 2 weeks later...
Is this at all similar to Yuletide Pear Vanilla by Bath & Body Works?

NO, this is a honey scent, not a pear one. It's all honey & musk with a tiny touch of pear on top

Guest icing

Hm... that sounds really nice!

...and it actually sounds like what my chemistry does to the Yuletide blend.

Thanks Rosebud!

• 4 weeks later...

I love this perfume in the bottle. It's not BAD on my skin, but not one of my faves either. When it dries down it is much more 'powder' than honey. My boyfriend commented 'are you wearing baby powder?' um, no.

I am a total honey ho but I think this one might morph on me too much. I'll wear it when I'm not in the mood for honey because it's pretty, fresh and light.

IMO-I need to stick with the dirtier honey scents.

• 1 month later...

I am a new forum member and I am a Honey Ho! This was love at first sniff on my first order. Amber and honey is one of my favorite combinations anyway, but the pear give this blend a wonderful, distinctive twist. Wonderful!

This one has been my choice for the week! LOL I love the drippy sexiness of it. Just delicious!

• 1 month later...

I tried this again last night after not using it for a long time. Again, right out of the bottle it reminded me of honeyed seductions (one of my first LP purchases and regrettably one I traded away). And so I remembered why I haven't used this in so long. It starts losing the honey and turning to a soapy smell almost instantly: honey, honey, soapy honey, honey soap, soap, soap, soap. :-(

Sugared honeycomb, pherogirl, and a number of other honey-based scents don't tend to do this. Baby powder sometimes, but not soap.

Sugared honeycomb, pherogirl, and a number of other honey-based scents don't tend to do this. Baby powder sometimes, but not soap.

My male Canadian colleague is very sweet and will always tell me what he thinks of the scents I use. He's a vanilla guy and so far besides LP Black, he likes almost all of the scents I have used at work, particularly those which turn (baby) powdery after a couple of hours.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Ok, so I am not a Honey Ho. This went to a plastic smell on me pretty quick. POOH!

Ditto this. At the start it was a delicious honey with the pear note on top being all yummy and juicy like. Upon dry down, something sinister ruins this blend for me and makes it smell "off". Makes me really sad in the face.

• 1 year later...

Ran to the post office to pick up my package today... Used some Honey Ho to start my next round of sample testing...

First 20 mins or so it smelled sweet and almost floral, with a teensy hint of the same honey in Pouncing Potion. After I got to work, it turned into super strong soap/baby powder. It smelled so strong to me that I asked the lady in the next cube over if it was too strong. She said it was nice and clean, and smelled like baby powder.

I don't see any obvious similarities with Cuddle Bunny, but this soap-like smell was almost as strong as the linen clean soap like smell that Cuddle Bunny turns into on me. Tho with Cuddle Bunny all it takes is a hint on my skin to last all day, this one seemed to require more to stick around, but it wasn't honey...

It smelled like super strong soap w/ an undertone of baby powder all day to me. I just got home about 12 hours after application and it is only during the past hour or two that the soap/powder scent has died down enough to smell a teensy bit of honey.

Burt's Bees products stay wonderfully honey on my skin. Honey Ho, alas, does not.

• 2 months later...

Well this is the embodiment of dark, sexy honey!! I have not worn honey scents much, and this inspires me to try them out some more. I can imagine this would layer beautifully with a lot of things, giving a sweet but dark edge. Very sexy and gloopy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Bought this on the Artfire website -- love it!!! On dry down, it reminds me of an expensive French honey shower gel I can't find anywhere anymore. Soft, warm, semi-sweet, not the least bit "dirty." Yes, it gets a teensie bit powdery, but that's what I love about it. So glad I bought this one!

On dry down, it reminds me of an expensive French honey shower gel I can't find anywhere anymore.

Perlier Miel? I think it's still available.

Luna -- Actually, Perlier is one of the two substitutes I started using when the "good stuff" could not be found. But thank you!!!! My ex bought this particular honey gel nearly fifteen years ago during a business trip to France, and I was never able to find it stateside. The empty bottle was lost during a move years ago, so now I can't even google it. I'm just thrilled that Honey Ho is around!