Pandamaniac

luna65

This is...like a lighter version of Aura Armor, I guess? It's like sweet dusting powder to me. There's initially a fresh note from the bamboo, but over time it settles down into a soft veil. It's the kind of scent which is really nice for summer, but you could wear it anytime - layered or not - especially bedtime, I think. It's very comforting.

Djac and other baby powder fans I think this is what you wanted, if it does the same thing on your skin as on mine (and my co-worker).

Djac and other baby powder fans I think this is what you wanted, if it does the same thing on your skin as on mine (and my co-worker).

Dear god this one is GOOD. I don't get baby powder though (OTOH - it's that time of month, so skin chemistry could be messing with it) - fresh bamboo over light, not very sweet vanilla/amber. And it's GORGEOUS. I may need more of this.

EDIT: Maybe my nose is funny this week. I tried it again a couple of days later, loved it the same, but my close friend said it smelled a lot like baby powder to her. (And this is ON me.)

Edited by muppetk

Well well well...I knew I was right to order three bottles right off the bat, unsniffed...

I am loving Pandamaniac. Smells even better on my skin than it does in the bottle...it is refreshing like a light breeze, yes, with a dusting of powder, not exactly baby powder but definitely has a powder feel to it...it is soft and uplifting to me, very soothing, this is a great work scent, bedtime scent, just hanging, out running errands scent....I love it. this is a fabulous scent alone or layered, (I have yet to do that)

djac

I love this one too DJAC! It has become one of my goto's for a pick me up of mood or energy. It is light enough not to cloy when I'm not feeling well, but has enough kick to perk me up!

Yeah...exactly. It is light but does have a non cloying kick to it. I may get another bottle or two just to always have because this is one I could still see myself loving after a year or two.

also, I am noticing we like a whole bunch of the same scents/lp's...guess that officially makes us sisters...hehe, love ya sweets

be blessed -djac

• 3 weeks later...

Wet, this one didn’t really smell. I know that sounds odd. It just smelled wet. I don’t even know how to describe that. Not like wet dog wet or even ocean breeze wet, but like a cool watery wetness. As it dries, the bamboo peaks out of the gentle rain. The other notes swirl in and out, but this really retains that scent of wetness that is very nebulous. It smells like fresh spring air after a gentle rain, the water is still evaporating off of the damp leaves of the bamboo stalks and the flowers. This one really embodies the element water for me.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This smells GREEN when wet. Like when I take a nature walk after a rain when everything is damp and the aroma's of the trees, moss, flowers and grass are wafting upwards after the downpour. It's lovely. After dry down it becomes a mixture of greens and cream and becomes warmer and cozy. This is a very nice spring/summer scent but can be worn anytime of course, it's just the fragrance reminds me of everything I love about those seasons.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same impression as Sultry Brunette at first. Sometimes a scent doesn't "open up" for me until a day or two after I receive it. I let it rest and tried again. It bloomed into a lovely, subtle, moist green scent. It is very present without being overpowering. It's wonderful for work, much the same way Cocamama is for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is a thousand times lighter and fresher than the scents I usually pick for myself, and I must say it is quite beautiful.

Bamboo and other green notes can get really shrill or soapy on my skin. Not so here, as there is an underlying creaminess and fresh powderiness that temper the other notes very nicely.

The more samples I try, the more I notice that LMPM's fresh and clean scents - a family I tend to stay well away from - can actually be very pleasant on me. This warrants further exploration :lol:

The more samples I try, the more I notice that LMPM's fresh and clean scents - a family I tend to stay well away from - can actually be very pleasant on me. This warrants further exploration :huh:

I love soft fresh scents as the fresh 'green' ones tends to be overpowering for my nose.

• 1 month later...

on wet i get baby powder, then as it starts to dry a i get a sweet scent with a hint of green. the powder just gives it a soft feel. this is nice but i dont think i want a full bottle. i am quite content with my sample though

• 8 months later...

I really love this. Wet, it's green and fresh, and dry there's still a hint of green, but it's powdery and soft. Makes me think of early summer days - picnics and feeding ducks & swans at the river, snoozing in the back yard and then waking up with the impression of grass on your arms & legs...

I think I could definitely wear this to work. I might.

Ooh! I'm intrigued now... Can't promise I'll heed that warning - some of these scents smell SO good on him that I tend to dive in, face first - but thanks for the heads-up! ;) He feigns indifference to the whole perfume thing, but it's pretty easy to tell his interest is piqued. Can't wait to place my next order! He'll be tickled if there are a few samples for him in the box...

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry but I really don't like this one at all. It just smells chemically to me. At best, once it has softened on drydown, it is like cut grass, which still isn't something I want to smell like. Not one for me.

• 1 month later...

This is soft and cream. My daughter took a full bottle from me when I receive it from LPMP a long while ago. My son loves it as well and he "made" my daughter give up the bottle by completing some tasks for her. Mind you perfume is not at all important to him. He has only three full bottles - Sugared Forest (which I bought for him), Lorien's Blueberry Bomb (which he loves to pieces and asked for my bottle) and Pandamaniac.

He brought his perfume along for our vacation. My sis loves this scent so I gifted her my son's bottle as I have a backup bottle in my vault.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 years later...

When I tried this, it was fresh, pretty, and springlike. I didn't get any powdery scent, but now I'm curious to try it again and see if I do. Very much a "nature" scent.

• 5 months later...

Wow. What I'm smelling on me doesn't seem to line up with the notes mentioned in this thread, is there a notes listing somewhere? I wore Sugared Sandalwood last night but I've showered since, is there Sandalwood in this? I get a dry/dusty powdery vibe, but with a kick of something like pepper at the end. I'll give it 'soft,' but it's not like any baby powder I've ever come across. 

Whatever it is, I really like it.

3 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

Wow. What I'm smelling on me doesn't seem to line up with the notes mentioned in this thread, is there a notes listing somewhere? I wore Sugared Sandalwood last night but I've showered since, is there Sandalwood in this? I get a dry/dusty powdery vibe, but with a kick of something like pepper at the end. I'll give it 'soft,' but it's not like any baby powder I've ever come across. 

Whatever it is, I really like it.

I can't remember all the notes, but I think Bamboo was one? 

I need to dig out my bottle! Haven't worn it in ages. 

14 hours ago, Eggers said:

I can't remember all the notes, but I think Bamboo was one? 

I need to dig out my bottle! Haven't worn it in ages. 

It lasts and lasts on me. It's really lovely. I'm guessing, like all scents, it's changed since it was released in 2009. I'm sure that there's a tie-in to @hedgehog's Shelf life and "degradation" journal posting here. I'm not suggesting that this would be the best use of a time machine, to go back in time to grab a bottle, but I'd love to smell them, fresh in 2009 and mine today, side by side. 

12 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

It lasts and lasts on me. It's really lovely. I'm guessing, like all scents, it's changed since it was released in 2009. I'm sure that there's a tie-in to @hedgehog's Shelf life and "degradation" journal posting here. I'm not suggesting that this would be the best use of a time machine, to go back in time to grab a bottle, but I'd love to smell them, fresh in 2009 and mine today, side by side. 

It goes forever on me, too. I wish I could go back in a time machine and get 2 bottles when I had the chance. BF has mine. He loves it, too. 

13 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

Glad to see that someone out there is reading my journal posts, haha. Also, I actually think things like that would be the best use of a time machine! Little things that make you happy but don't affect history in unexpected and catastrophic ways. Like how you wish for simple, specific things with a genie instead of grandiose things that the genie can turn against you. 

1 hour ago, JOC said:

scored a couple of bottles of this and I think they have not changed much over the years.

Good to know! Thanks