Skelly Head Flambe

luna65

AD-SkellyFlambe.jpg

Skelly Head Flambé

Banish the chill of Fall by setting your skull on fire with this molten mix of Brown Sugar, Woods and Spices that will get your passions flowing and amp your energies into high gear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
SPICES ~ Lust, love, invigoration.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
BROWN SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust-inducing.
WOODS ~ Enhances perception of beauty, love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking. NOTE: Although well diluted, this potion contains cinnamon essential oil which can be irritating to the skin. Do not use in the vicinity of the eye or other mucous membranes. Discontinue use if sensitivity occurs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Though I rarely mention it on my Top Five, ...Everything Nice is truly one of my favorite LPMPs of all time. But I suppose the reason I don't mention it is because it makes me sad to love it so. Those of you who have a bottle (or multiple bottles - damn you dirty hoarders) or even just a sample know what I mean. I described it as "the Platonic Ideal of sugar and spice" and it is a perfect round warm sweet creation which just makes me feel whole. Like putting on a favorite item of clothing: perfect fit and feel and color and it makes you say aaahhh.

So now the question is: Can I possibly feel the love for anything which I feel for ...Everything Nice?

...maybe.

Mara and I had a discussion regarding Skelly Head Flambe, which has a heart of mahogany, another smooth warm wood. I've always felt mahogany, like teak, is one of those "refined" woods which makes you think of heavy fancy furniture. The spice is entirely present but not overwhelming, but I think the brown sugar is more prevalent wet than on skin, at least for me. Spices will normally run rampant on me if a blend has a high spice ratio. Over time the wood comes out and it's a deep rich piquant melange but definitely without the specific woodiness or sweetness which EN has. There's a characteristic of wood, but not so specific. But I like it, I do. If anything this is more masculine than EN, which has a "golden" quality and always struck me as more feminine but a man could enjoy it too (and Quince does, for example). But if you think it's too spicy at first, let it settle down...it should in about twenty minutes or so, then judge it, because it does have sort of that same smooth warm blanket of aaaahhh, if a little more "peppy," shall we say. And for those of you in the chilly climes I think it would be a really nice cold-weather scent. But definitely dab it on the nearest XY too, because it's the kind of scent which they would enjoy if they're not adverse to spice-and-woods.

And of course if you never tried ...Everything Nice but wondered what all the fuss was about, then definitely give this a whirl because it is very close to that golden moment in perfume time.

*edit*
After about...say...three hours wear the two are very similar.

Thank you so much for this review. This one will have to be a full bottle purchase on my next order. I'm thinking amped w/ Dominance.....

If I had a time machine I would go back two years and buy a lot more EN. But I am cautiously optimistic.

You and me both, sister!

Strong hot clove note when I first put it on, like clove crackling in the flambé flames. It dries down into a delectable sweetness with the fruit floating in and out of the spice and sugar. Definitely a fantastic fall sweetly edible scent that makes you want to lick yourself (or perhaps someone else will do the licking?)…

OHHHH.....So disappointed. This one did not work for me at all. On me it smelled like wood and tea. That's all....I kept waiting for the fruit and spices, but they never happened. I guess the Mahogony really morped on me. Oh well....I have many other wonderful ones to choose from. I know some people really loved this one though!

Strong hot clove note when I first put it on, like clove crackling in the flambé flames.

Oh...cloves eh? I'm thinking it was probably a good idea that I didn't give in to my impulses and buy a whole bottle without sniffing it first. Clove and carnation don't work for me, I amp them far too much on my skin to the point where it's such a strong scent it gives me headaches :(

THERE IS NO FRUIT IN THIS.

Nope, no fruit :(

"Banish the chill of Fall by setting your skull on fire with this molten mix of Brown Sugar, Woods and Spices that will get your passions flowing and amp your energies into high gear. If you were a fan of our special brew Everything Nice, you'll be absolutely aflame for this one too. Contains Arabian and Mexican spices, Allspice, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Brown Sugar and rich Woods."

Well, I was going not only by the description, but Mara had actually read the recipe to me over the phone, so I know for certain.

So DH swiped this bottle first thing. I think he wants to be Baby Drac...

On him, the brown sugar amped big time at first - it always does in any perfume with it in it. But that settled down and it was spicy wood...and my juvenile mind just loves that statement.

So I just spoke with DH, and asked him how he likes it and his reply, not surprisingly, was "I closed 2 cases today." OK. Oh - and it smells good.

And then he quoted Sling Blade....

I suppose that is as close to a male review of an LP as I am going to wrangle out of him...

Swipe it on your man - it smells good.

But that settled down and it was spicy wood...and my juvenile mind just loves that statement.

You'll understand why I want to use the name Delicious Wood. :Hug_emoticon:

This one wasn't for me :P I was hoping for rich brown sugar & cinnamon but this one is just abit too spicy for me. I get a very dominant spicenote that reminds me of gingerbread cookies but with extra ginger & clove fieriness... As it dries down the clove is the dominant note & I'm not a big fan of clove, I am it too much! Same as with carnation, clove is so strong on me it gives me a headache. ;)

I might have to send this one to Cheezy...

And Cheezy has things for you! Cheezy loves you.

Mmmkay-on my first cup of coffee here, so forgive my chatter, I'll give it my best shot!

First of all, I love every scent to come out in the Baby Drac line, and no, the picture of baby drac doesn't hurt! But the scents inside TRULY ROCK.

After the original Drac's Bakery, Skelly Head Flambe is my FAVE!! What perfect, spicy fall scents (both) of them are!!

Skelly opens up on me with Sugar and Spice!!! NomNomNOM!!!!!(Sorry Luna, your a catchy gal), its a perfect balance of sweet and heat-haven't put it and D yet, but he likes it on me! I smell cloves, and I smell nutmeg(IS THERE NUTMEG? I dunno, but I smell it! and its NICE!)-oop yep, there is, just looked at the description. And of course the cinnamon. With Brown AND white sugar(yep I smell white in there, its glittery by god)---these are alllll topnotes that never go away!! Lucky lucky me as they are warm and delish and I loooooove them.

I get no wood till like at least an hour in(this scent has amazinggggggg staying power as well, it lasted all night long and into the next day on me.)-

The wood, I'd say is Mahogany, and though the sugars recede into the backdrop, the spices definetly stay, and the sugars still hang out enough to sweeten things just enough, though they are far from being a main attraction anymore-

So, Skelly Head Flambe IS Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice-I just adore it!! This and Santa Carla are my two faves of the October Releases(though I've been so obsessed with them, I haven't quite delved in too deep to the others yet-today will be a test day.

Yes I love and reccomend this and anyone who doesnt want it drop me an email. I'll be happy to Hoard it.

Sidenote-As a layering idea-I got The 2x spray of LAM spicy brown sugar(which I don't own and hope really compliments this), to put on over my new beloved Skelly Head. Sound like a good idea? Comments are welcome!!

Edited by cheeseburger79

As I noted up thread, Mara read the recipe to me over the phone, and white sugar was not one of the ingredients, IIRC, just brown sugar. There is, as I stated in my review, mahogany as the wood note.

Edited by luna65

Oooooeeeeooooooo---Halloween tricks! Well then my nose is wrong!! I did say when I was describing Sugars to TOJ that Brown sugar can be glittery too. So I guess maybe its a light brown, no clue-all I know is that I love the stuff!

edit-totally off topic, but my kitten, Cullen, loves to sit next to me and watch me type on the boards..as long as i pet him and give him kisses. He's growing into such a little man!! He has the "Golden Eyes" of the Cullens!!! Funny how that worked. Seriously-Golden..

Edited by cheeseburger79

The "glittery" quality you're describing has to do with a characteristic of ultra-refined sugar: it's clean and light. The less refined, or the more molasses added, the stronger and denser the scent.

After all the talk about this scent I had to try it. (I simply haven't had the time to give my samples the attention they deserve and they backlog!) Today I put this on and it simply smells to me like 'fire'. Yep. Not the smoke but the fire. Could be the cinnamon or the mahogany, but not specifically spicy. If it is the mahogany then I really like this wood. Good staying power. I'd say I definitely like this one, but can pass on getting a full bottle.

Nov Edit: Today I had this with me at work and smeared a little on a piece of paper so I could leave it with someone. Surprised to find that on the paper it smelled like bubblegum. Sweet pink gum. When I put it on my hand *boom* instant cinnamon and cedar. 'Bout an hour later I brought the paper down to the lunch room and half the table said, 'cinnamon' and half 'bubblegum'. (Specifically double bubble gum.) Weird.

Dec Edit: I said I wasn't getting a bottle, but so many people at work are so fascinated by the shifting scent of this that I've burned through 2 trial vials and went for the upgrade. And sometimes I feel like smelling like fire! :)

Edited by Isa

• 1 month later...

This is downright delicious, and actually does give a bit of the illusion of feeling warmer from the sandalwood and warm spices. I also love the fire note which reminds me very much of a crackling fireplace. The brown sugar is outrageously nomable ^_^ , just rich, molten caramelized brown sugar...mmmmm.....

• 5 months later...

This one reminds me of my favorite incense when I was a teen. I got it in a Native American shop & it was called "Pinion" and it does smell just like Pinion wood with spices. I absolutely love it! I may have to snag a bottle of this on the sale site for the fall/winter.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have been wearing this for a couple hours now and I think I like it. Very strong clove on me (but I like clove) and I smell a woodsy smell very faintly. The only prob is that it seems to fade fast. It smells like Christmas on me. In a good way.

I did try sexology (alcohol) phero too (I know one at a time, but I get eager when I get a package of goodies) so maybe the alcohol in the phero evaporated some of the scent? I will re apply the skelly later and see how long it wears.

Edited by Raq On

Hmm. Skelly is ending up just turning sickly sweet on me. I will try and mix it with Weapon X which is very manly smelling. But I have a sinking feeling it will end up on my trade page.

At first I liked the clove, but then it turned too sweet and smelled like a candle on my sking.

Your earlier post inspired me to take my sniffee out last night. The clove turned out rather strong. In fact, I thought I smell nutmeg. It reminds me of Christmas. The picture of the Christmas Orange & Clove ball kept popping into my mind. I could even see it without closing my eyes! Therefore I am not sure if I can take it when this is applied to my body (my bad habit of evaluating new scents applied on the back of my hand).

Your earlier post inspired me to take my sniffee out last night. The clove turned out rather strong. In fact, I thought I smell nutmeg. It reminds me of Christmas. The picture of the Christmas Orange & Clove ball kept popping into my mind. I could even see it without closing my eyes! Therefore I am not sure if I can take it when this is applied to my body (my bad habit of evaluating new scents applied on the back of my hand).

YES Christmas! In fact my childhood Christmases. But sadly for me, not a scent that works well on my body. I'll try it once more in a few weeks though. Can you burn scents in your hot pots? I forget what they're called. Ya know you put a tea light sized candle in the bottom and the top has a small, concave resevoir for home fragrance oils. Skelly would be absolutely nommy in that!

YES Christmas! In fact my childhood Christmases. But sadly for me, not a scent that works well on my body. I'll try it once more in a few weeks though. Can you burn scents in your hot pots? I forget what they're called. Ya know you put a tea light sized candle in the bottom and the top has a small, concave resevoir for home fragrance oils. Skelly would be absolutely nommy in that!

Yes you can, but you might want to dilute it because a little will go a long way. You can use unscented oil or even water, just put a few drops of perfume floating on top of the water. Be careful though of perfumes with a lot of spice. Too much spice up in the air can burn your eyes.

Another way to enjoy the oils if they are not wearable as perfumes for you, is to use them in your bathtub. Makes for a lovely relaxing scented bath.

Yes you can, but you might want to dilute it because a little will go a long way. You can use unscented oil or even water, just put a few drops of perfume floating on top of the water. Be careful though of perfumes with a lot of spice. Too much spice up in the air can burn your eyes.

Another way to enjoy the oils if they are not wearable as perfumes for you, is to use them in your bathtub. Makes for a lovely relaxing scented bath.

D'oh! Never thought of the bath idea! I have just the tub for it.

HousepicsJuly2010016-1.jpg

• 2 years later...

Ok looking at this too. EN was nice on me for the most part ( I'm looking at you Cumin :P )

I loved the way the spices and wood play together. I'm thinking SH might be something in the EN vein ( though not as complex).

Anyone have any comparisons?? or thoughts, warnings ect ?

Edited by StacyK

It was created to be a variant of Everything Nice, but Skelly is more on the spicy side, IMO. I think it's equally complex.

Thanks Luna. I was hoping to get your feedback. :)

I'm going to have to try this.

Edited by StacyK

Stacy, I will pop a large sample of this in your package. :)

I'm wearing this one today as the weather in Detroit has been decidedly autumnal for August!

I love it just as much as ever, maybe more. As it's aged the spices and mahogany have really melded together beautifully into the coziest spiced wood note ever. Its sooooo smooth now, where the notes used to pop out more individually to me when my bottle was ,,new, as its aged its become seamless. And very comforting.

I had my spare bottle on my trade page, but now I think I'm gonna pull it off of there! :D

Stacy, I will pop a large sample of this in your package. :)

I'm wearing this one today as the weather in Detroit has been decidedly autumnal for August!

I love it just as much as ever, maybe more. As it's aged the spices and mahogany have really melded together beautifully into the coziest spiced wood note ever. Its sooooo smooth now, where the notes used to pop out more individually to me when my bottle was ,,new, as its aged its become seamless. And very comforting.

I had my spare bottle on my trade page, but now I think I'm gonna pull it off of there! :D

oh.. that's so sweet :kiss43: Thank You so much.

• 1 month later...

I really love this.. it's not quite as "golden" (Luna's word) as EN but a wonderful warm spicy scent.

Very warm and inviting in the cool Fall air.

On my skin it blends well and has a sweet'ish faint smell of maple? I know there is no maple note and I wonder if it's the wood note playing with the brown sugar on my skin.

I think wearing this at night with some LFN or BI would be really fun, but you might burst into flames. ;)

• 3 months later...

Another lovely trade surprise... this is the first LP with a woods note that has smelled like wood to me! Usually my nose does something very strange with it. This is warm and spicy, but not a foody spice. It really does give an impression of fire; it's a nice scent for this wintery day, but I think for late fall it would be to die for. It really creates that sense of crackling leaves underfoot, cold bright autumn air and the scent of woodsmoke from a cottage somewhere deep in the woods... even though smoke is not a note. My main experience of cinnamon is with LP Red, which I love, and this is a totally different setting for it. Lovely!