Crystallized Sugar Web

lesreveurs

Crystallized Sugar Web (a private edition)

Erin's vision for this lovely blend was to create a lacy web of crystallized sugar and amber over a velvety blanket of vanilla and benzoin. A fabulous combo!

I have to say that I am having an unexpected love affair with this blend! I'm usually wary of amber (but I've since discovered it's not just amber, but a combination with amber thrown in the mess) but I tried this one out because it smelled gorgeous in the tiny sample vial. Let me just say that I am so sad I only have a tiny amount left! It's beautiful, with a hint of sweet creaminess that is anchored down by the benzoin.

There's so flash or pizazz to this particular perfume but it makes up for it with a sheer, gentle beauty. It has a strange combination of fresh and warm to it and I can't think of anything I've tried in the past that is like this blend. Cheers!

It sort of reminds me of the five-sugar blend M&D originally came up for the Sugared line, although it is usually tweaked depending on the main ingredient, but it's just a nice soft sugar on me which would be nice to layer with other things.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

When I first tried this out, I was like, "ok that's nice", but I wasn't in love with it. I eventually found myself reaching for it all the time and it's a favorite for sure, I love how its sweet with a cuddliness yet refreshing at the same time. I do think of it as more of a cool scent however , it's like sweet fresh air. Love it!

Dude did I not review this yet after wearing it so many times? I iz stoopid. Benzoin=total WIN on me, period. Wet this is very deceptive, because it just seems like whiff of sugar--it's much more than that. As it dries down, it warms up and becomes this delicious sugary vanilla-y sticky benzoin with added depth from the amber, but still remains soft enough to be relaxing. I wear this before bed all the time because it's sweet but still soothing and won't give me raging cake or cookie or frosting cravings when I'm supposed to be going to sleep. Of course I've worn it during the day too--it's all-purpose! ;)

Edited by Invidiana

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I didn't have the opportunity to test this yet. It smells so much like Sugared Pure. Will have to test both scents some day. Will go well with my UN Est or under Flying Potion.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried this out on one arm and Pure Sugar on the other. Both smells quite similar on wet. On drydown, the other 'flavours' such as vanilla and something else (which I can't identify) start to show. This turns out to be a very soft and light scent and I have to sniff really hard in order to smell it.

There are a lot of close relations within the PE collection. I think many a time, people simply want their name on a bottle which is a fun thing to have. Sometimes, people will ask for something "just like xxxxxxx, but add a touch more amber". Not saying this is the case with Erin's Sugar Web, but it is the case quite often. That's why we make a distinction between the PEs and our designs.

I think many a time, people simply want their name on a bottle which is a fun thing to have.

Or...they want an incredibly adorable awesome drawing on the label!!

I love both E's Crystallized Sugar Web & Pure Sugar..great to sweeten any scent up!!!

I think they are so versatile that they can be used under or on their own.

• 3 years later...

I have to say thank you to all of you who liked and reviewed my scent. I thought very hard about what I would want in a perfume and the first thing was liquid benzoin, which is a difficult thing to get, benzoin is a tough resin. Then my next obsessions are Amber and Vanilla, and I wanted it sweetend up. I wanted it to be a lacy web of sweetness. I'm so happy you all liked it, thank you so much. :bday1029: