The Good Witch

sultry brunette

This one made me smile when I put it on wet. It is sweet and playful, hinting at a just shattered innocence that still wants to linger. It is fruity, but not fruity at the same time. It is not foody at all, so don’t let the word “fruity” scare you off. I am not typically a fan of fruity or foody scents, but I do like this one. It feels like the perfect combo of fall and spring. It is a bright fall scent that is unaware of the season’s death that surrounds it, still holding tight to its innocence.

I don't like fruity scents, but I really like this! It's tart-sweet in the vial and smells like cranberries to me... on the skin it gets rounder and softer with the vanilla coming out to play to smooth the tart note just enough. It borders on fruity, but never ends up smelling like a cocktail with a little paper umbrella. It's creamy, pink and girly without being cloying. I like it!

On application, this was cute and sweet -vague fruitiness and a watery, thin feel. Very nice. After drying down for a few hours, it has gone mostly to sweet-tart fruity on me. Smells like the inside of the sweet tart envelope after you've emptied it. A nice little scent, but turns a bit "artificial," for lack of a better word, on me.

I love the way this smells in the vial, that lovely bright raspberry note supported by a lush creaminess. But my skin turns it to plastic, alas.

This is very nice, fruitier than what I was hoping for, but very nice.

It's a bright raspberry scent with a dollop of cream on top :P

ETA; about 1hr after dry down the raspberry fruitiness has mellowed somewhat & there is a rich buttery note that has come out ;)

Edited by Rosebud

• 3 months later...

This is all sweet, creamy fruity yummy goodness. :magicstick: The sweet (but not cloyingly sweet) vanilla buttercream blends perfectly with juicy raspberry, and there's just the barest hint of an autumnal woody background from the rosewood. This is a true plump raspberry, not that horribly artificial stuff that you get at places like BBW (Sun-Ripened Raspberry, anyone?). Deeeeeelish!

Edited by Invidiana

Wow, I really liked this scent, but on looking at the ingredients, none of the scents I thought I could smell are actually in there!

To me, it was a nice, sweet, apple-cinnamon perfume. Weird.

Maybe my nose doesn't work...

• 2 months later...
I love the way this smells in the vial, that lovely bright raspberry note supported by a lush creaminess. But my skin turns it to plastic, alas.

Exactly same for me - my nose loves it in the vial but my skin runs amok with it. I thought I was the only one who experienced this bizarre "berries=plastic" phenomenon! It seems to somehow "flatten" out and turn opaque, right? On me, the berries also totally suppress everything else, even things I usually amp like vanilla. So odd.

Edited by tyvey

Heh, no, there's a lot of people out there who have that issue with certain notes/accords. Usually berries end up smelling medicinal on me, although I don't have that issue with M&D's berries over all. I'm thinking in the case of this one it's the dairy notes going awry on me rather than the berry.

For me, it's either that something goes off and I get that plastic smell, or sometimes it's what I refer to as the Play-Doh of DOOOOM. Some components go sour or powdery. Over the years I've come to recognize what is likely to do so, though it really depends on sources and blending as well as the vagaries of skin chemistry and hormonal fluctuations.

Edited by luna65

Oh wow was I ever wrong (again). After a while (4-5 hours?) vanilla and butter came around the corner like a big brass band. I am now living in a cloud of berry-flavored cake (not the frosting, not jam, the cake itself) with an inch thick slab of buttercream on it. Gah, swoon.

So weeerd. On me, this smells like candy apples. Red juicy apple with pink sugar candy shell.

Me too! I was so surprised when I double-checked the ingredients on the site and found nary an apple.

I love it, though! And I find apples to be kind of witchy, so it made sense to me that the Good Witch would have an apple smell to it.

• 1 year later...
So weeerd. On me, this smells like candy apples. Red juicy apple with pink sugar candy shell.

I'm with you! I haven't worn this for quite some time & it's aged beautifully. I'd forgotten the notes & I kept swearing this was an apple scent, so I went to refresh my memory:

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, familial affection.

RASPBERRY ~ Love inducing, aids in relieving pregnancy discomforts, protection, stamina, vigor.

BUTTERCREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships, Goddess energy.

ROSEWOOD ~ Love attraction, self confidence, healing.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.

It is still a yum! scent, that's gotten better with age.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Good Witch is also a Naughty Witch...this potion is flirty, coquettish, and it is also invigorating and I think it projects a young aura all around you...

The tarty raspberry feels very honeyed to my nose, slighty musky, I know there is no honey or musk here, but my crazy nose seems to think so...I also get whiffs of a luscious creamy vanilla, but it is in the background and it just seems to hold the raspberry up high for it to be the queen here...

IMO, this potion has similarities with the gorgeous tanginess/tartiness I get from Candy Apple Cutie and Mamelons de Cerise, can't wait to try Raspberry Chiffon...

It has a very, unexpected projection/sillage, but on my skin longevity is not so good...I think wearing a raspberry body lotion underneath would help improving longevity.

• 5 months later...

OMG I LOVE THIS! I dabbed all weekend! On me it smells like cotton candied caramel apples dunked in buttercream clouds!

I could not stop smelling my arms. It did wonders for my PMS too. It calmed me down instantly. I thought it would give me a headache, as most foodie or floral stuff does when I am about to start the menses, but this actually did the opposite, it helped me not be so bitchy and dwell on my back ache. This is a great PMS relaxant.

I've mixed it into serum and applied to wet hair AND carried around a lil spray to refresh later. It's tdf

I'm so gonna do thisssss. I have a cute little purse spray just for this!!! I need more of these purse sprays so I can a million mad mixes around instead of 5000 bottles.

• 1 year later...

I'm not much for mixing perfumes. I'll occasionally put on two or even three different perfumes but nothing's really stuck that I liked enough to do consistently.

I have done this mix a few times lately and really like it--

I do a 2x3 inch square of Good Witch on one wrist

and then I do a 2x3 inch square of Provocative Paradise (aka Naughty in Paradise) that has cops in it

and then I smoosh it together and then smoosh it on my torso.

I like it a lot! Strangely it seems to emphasize something floral, but the scent is still very foodie without being girly.

• 5 years later...

I tried this one last night. It was okay but not a standout, and then it just disappeared right away. It didn't take long at all. If I sniff my wrists really close, I get a faint whiff of "sweet," but that's about it. Maybe my sample is just too old. I'll probably put it in my bath to use it up.