Buns of Cinn

Isa

After I recovered from my pout at DH for not liking Fallen Angel, I wore Buns of Cinn yesterday. I am on a rich pastry foodie kick, dangit, and he has to like it. Or else.

It was such a lovely warm cloud around me all day, and when DH got home, he declared, vociferously, that this one he "really liked"...which is high praise. Although he denied that it smelled at all like cinnamon buns.

Whateva.

Oh and BI works...in case you doubted. Cha-ching.

• 2 weeks later...

Does this have yeast in it? Someone mentioned a bread note I think?

When I first tried this I only had a small dab on my hand but last night I slathered before bedtime...and ended up having to reach for my Ventolin (I'm asthmatic). I do sometimes react to commertial perfumes but I have never reacted badly to an LP before :666: I've slathered in Cinnamon scents before so it's not the cinnamon...the only ingredient I can think of that could possibly have triggered a wheeze would be something like yeast?

Oh Boo! I'm sorry to hear that Rosebud. I hope it was something else not the yummy BOC. I'm sure the ladies can tell you NOTE wise, but I do smell a baked-goods like smell from this one...not sharply, but an undertone that really makes it realistic to me.

Do you have nut allergies? It's probably either the pecan or the wheat flour accord, going strictly by the ingredients listed.

I do have a very impressive list of allergies but funnily enough I'm fine with nuts & shellfish... My doctor was horrified when I told him I quite happily munch on PBJ's & eat shrimp LOL

Does this have yeast in it? Someone mentioned a bread note I think?

When I first tried this I only had a small dab on my hand but last night I slathered before bedtime...and ended up having to reach for my Ventolin (I'm asthmatic). I do sometimes react to commertial perfumes but I have never reacted badly to an LP before :( I've slathered in Cinnamon scents before so it's not the cinnamon...the only ingredient I can think of that could possibly have triggered a wheeze would be something like yeast?

Oh no! No yeast. A different kind of cinnamon than we usually use though..maybe it's lighter and got up into the air more? You didn't spray it, did you? I can't think of anything else in there that would be a bronchial irritant. Careful, honey!

Although, I love the foodies. The TT seems to be turning up his nose @ any type of bakery accord, i.e. cake, wheat... So I just wear this for moi!

Oh no! No yeast. A different kind of cinnamon than we usually use though..maybe it's lighter and got up into the air more? You didn't spray it, did you? I can't think of anything else in there that would be a bronchial irritant. Careful, honey!

Nope, no spray , just oil from my sample vial. I guess I'll just have to file Buns of Cinn under the "No-can-do" list of LP's (thankfully it's not a long one!)... Still...I`m not happy! I love cinnamon...I just don't get it :( I'm fine when I slather myself in LP Red (both oil & spray)...and I luuurve my Spiced Winter Chai (it's my bedtime scent).

• 2 weeks later...

Hrmmm....I'm Ashtmatic too Rosebud, but this doesn't trigger it(of course perfumes dont..bleach does, weird things do, ciggarette smoke doesnt...I've been smoking since 13 and didn't get asthma till I was 19-I'm one of those weird late life cases-smoking had me hooked by the time I developed the disease.),

Anyways I love this stuff. Yes, its smells just like a cinnamon roll! I cant say Cinnabon because I dont think those have raisins, do they? I smell rasins in this!

Bakery fresh dough, cinnamon, rasins, sugary icing, yummmmmy!!!! Very authentic!! Crazy authentic! I'm in love and the boys in my life love it too! Can't go wrong with this one, men will want to eat you alive. Pretty nice!

I love cinnamon scents. I was very much looking forward to this one. It really does smell like a cinnamon bun. I enjoy it. Once it is thoroughly settled, however, the cinnamon is all that I smell. The other notes fade completely away. My skin naturally amps spices anyways, and that makes this a bit spicier than I like it.

• 5 weeks later...

THis one was so much more amazing on than in the bottle.

Body heat does something to the scent to make it smell more like they are just taken out of the oven.

There is a raisin note....my gawd, I didnt know I liked the SMELL of raisin till I wore this.... the sound of raisin was "meh" to me until I smelled it.... I cant stop smelling my wrist.

This is an attention-getter, like when my sister wore Hamantaschen and 2 girls in her doctor's office asked where they could find it.

It just makes you ask wth is that comming from???

After about 15 minutes, its light-foody and not as rich.

Its "drawing".

feels like "money" vibe , too, if that makes sense.

Yeah I get that, cinnamon has a "wealth" vibe to it, most definitely. In the same sense as the cinnamon in Eanie Meany Miney! for example.

Yeah I get that, cinnamon has a "wealth" vibe to it, most definitely. In the same sense as the cinnamon in Eanie Meany Miney! for example.

yeah! I mean, the cinnamon for sure,

but what surprised me was the raisin.

even that smells money-drawing...or maybe im thinking wealth/fertility in general?

This scent is just divine!

I don't get any raisin - I do get the yummy cinnamon and creamy icing smell !!!

since there is no raisin in it, I wonder what is causing that smell?

for me, it might be whatever is being used to sweeten Kittenish, because I get a licoricy-raisiny smell there too.

In this particular mix however, its heaven.

• 1 month later...

OMG!!! This one turns me on just reading about it! Yum!!!

I think I will order one for next fall!

I just got my sample of this, and let me just say, "Yowza!" :banana010: This is much more potent than LP Red to me. Boy, do I feel "cin"ful wearing this. It actually turns me on, and I'm afraid to wear it out in public. I think I'll stick to very specific occasions where wearing this one. Will be getting a regular bottle for sure! :banana010:

• 3 weeks later...

Cinnominy mixed with almond or brown sugar. Dries down to no cinnamon just sort of creamy almond reminds me of bbm.

• 2 weeks later...

This smelled so delicious! Cinnamon buns, freshly baked.

It only seemed to last a little while on my skin, but maybe slathering it on will make it last longer. Yum!

• 6 months later...

I love this scent! It reminds me of Garland and Lace, but it is a much lighter scent. I like it better for that reason. I feel self conscious when my perfume is too strong. It smells like cinnamon, but not too strong...and I can smell the pecan in the background. Very yummy!

Ohhh,I had a bottle of this boosted with Lace :wit3: back when the original Garland& Lace went GGG...funny thing is I thought it was not very strong at all,but then it just started smelling sooooo perfect.Sheesh,I still have about a third of a bottle,I forgot about, with all the new goodies coming along...gonna wear it tomorrow ,if I remember :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This reminds me of G&L2 on my skin!! :party: Except this is sweeter :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co:):) Yum yum! Will have to test it out a few more times :)

Ok, This is spicy! :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co Quite like it :) I wish i get the creaminess... Sometimes MILK/BUTTER/CREAM can turn flat on my skin :S

PS: OH, i love how this turned out on my skin this time! A few hours later.. I have this lovely brown sugar scent... itz so lovely and soft!!! MMM.... Keeping this bottle! :)

Edited by bumbob

• 1 year later...

I bought a bottle of this laced with EOW from a forum member last year..I didnt really use it because it smelled like straight cinnamon,I had it stored in my perfume box and I just used it yesterday and today ..

Wow! Its a warm,comforting delicious cinnamon and it smells really creamy!It aged beautifully and the notes are more balanced. just yum..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've bought other perfumes claiming to smell like Cinnabons but they have let me down, so I was unsure when I bought it, but Buns of Cinn smells just like a cinnabon! Very nice and the scent last all day on me, big plus. My sons friends flock to me when I have this on, they say I smell yummy, like waffles and pancakes lol

Love Potion Red was not a hit with my husband, I really like the dry down, but my husband said it reminds him of strawberry car freshener. I think he might be more of a Love Potion PINK kind of guy, he loves all the pink sweet scents. He adores Sugared HoneyComb!

*Made a mistake, edited to change Sugared Honey to Sugared HoneyCOMB.*

Edited by Lexy

Isn't strawberry car freshner a pink scent though? I'm confused, LP Red is more of a spicy fragrance, while LP Pink has more of a berry smell.

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't strawberry car freshner a pink scent though? I'm confused, LP Red is more of a spicy fragrance, while LP Pink has more of a berry smell.

It's the apricot that he didn't care for. :)

Is Buns of Cinn out of stock? Is this one that comes back or gone forever?