O/T posts from October thread

Shelly B

:)

I'd rather endure six consecutive root canals while on fire. Just sayin.'

too funny - one of my girlfriends who has been divorced said after her divorce - the mere idea of living with someone again - almost gives her panic attacks. She's been divorced 12 years and would still rather be lit on fire.

I know for the younger ones on the board that's depressing - but the conversation I once had with my Gram - who had been twice divorced - and been on her own for 30 years - when I being a moony teenager - asked "Gram - what about so and so? He's nice - couldn't you see being married again?". And with a look of abject horror - said "Oh HELL no."

It's weird - I feel kind of naked without my wedding ring - but - I can understand Gram's answer so much better these days. :-)

Once you have gnawed your way out of a trap - I can completely understand the reluctance... :-)!!!!

too funny - one of my girlfriends who has been divorced said after her divorce - the mere idea of living with someone again - almost gives her panic attacks. She's been divorced 12 years and would still rather be lit on fire.

I know for the younger ones on the board that's depressing - but the conversation I once had with my Gram - who had been twice divorced - and been on her own for 30 years - when I being a moony teenager - asked "Gram - what about so and so? He's nice - couldn't you see being married again?". And with a look of abject horror - said "Oh HELL no."

It's weird - I feel kind of naked without my wedding ring - but - I can understand Gram's answer so much better these days. :-)

Once you have gnawed your way out of a trap - I can completely understand the reluctance... :-)!!!!

I felt that way after my third divorce (which was final many moons ago)......that is why I was single for a WHILE after that one.....I had men trying to get me to move in with them or marry them, and I always called it off.....this one has actually made me consider it, though.....my Mom asked me how I could consider doing it again after all I have been through.....I told her I must be really really smart, or really really stupid....I haven't figured out which one yet!

You could pull every toenail out with pliers while sticking an icepick in my ear while making me douche with alcohol while putting little fire ants all over my body and then pouring acid in my eyes before I would do it again.

Now THAT is graphic.....but I understand totally!

You could pull every toenail out with pliers while sticking an icepick in my ear while making me douche with alcohol while putting little fire ants all over my body and then pouring acid in my eyes before I would do it again.

Not that you feel strongly about it or anything. I nearly spit my coffee - thank's for that TG!

:yeahthat::)

Not that you feel that strongly about the issue or anything...... :c352-0016:

I've been married three times. I'm on my third marriage now. Third times a charm or so I've heard. So far everything is working out awesomely and it's been 10 years. I know the mistakes that were made the first 2 times and I dont plan on repeating them. My hubby is a dream come true when the other 2 were nightmares. What was I thinking.

I've been married three times. I'm on my third marriage now. Third times a charm or so I've heard. So far everything is working out awesomely and it's been 10 years. I know the mistakes that were made the first 2 times and I dont plan on repeating them. My hubby is a dream come true when the other 2 were nightmares. What was I thinking.

My theme song....."WHAT was I thinking?"

My theme song....."WHAT was I thinking?"

Hehehe I'm with ya there. Well they both seemed like good ideas at the time. Honestly I was besotted with both my ex's...at the beginning.

DH is a keeper. Not besotted with him. More of a partner to him. That's the difference I think. I would not have chosen to actually marry again, but it meant a lot to DH, and I'm happy with my decision.

Well said TG.... :)

There are days I feel the same way, and I have a happy marriage. It would be nice to just worry about me, & not 4 other people and the dog for one day....Not that I don't feel blessed, but on certain days, Im thinking like you!!!!!

You women are scaring the hell out of me, I had a failed engagement--never been married but I still want to.

Not with the Bells and Whistles though--I wanna take my man and run outta town and come back hitched-and not tell anyone till it's done. I think the pressure of a big wedding helped ruin the first one.

Still-your scaring me. No jadeing the cheesy one.

edit---ok Mara-to make things clear, those are the SAME JALN's with different labels? Now sold through you...I never got the second one...

Edited by cheeseburger79

I'm sorry precious girl! The marriage, while mindnumbing and lonely was nothing compared to the hell of the divorce. I guess my advice is don't ever get divorced! The legal and custody aspects are the parts that raped me! I would probably do a commitment ceremony or something, but I would never get into a legal bond where a judge has the right to decide to decide my future or potentially take my babies ever again. Noody will ever have power like that over me again!

Could we get descriptions on the JALN scents please?

Edited by therapygirl

I'm sorry precious girl! The marriage, while mindnumbing and lonely was nothing compared to the hell of the divorce. I guess my advice is don't ever get divorced! The legal and custody aspects are the parts that raped me! I would probably do a commitment ceremony or something, but I would never get into a legal bond where a judge has the right to decide to decide my future or potentially take my babies ever again. Noody will ever have power like that over me again!

Could we get descriptions on the JALN scents please?

Agreed. It was the divorce part that totally sucked ass. I changed my name back and had to take my divorce decree to the power company and have some drone look through it before they'd change my name on the bill. Could change my service address with a phone call, but NOOOOOO, I had to go in and have some mouth-breather yell my social security number across the lobby.

For an on-topic! Glad I'll be able to buy the old JALN scents through here now. I think I need the Naughty but Nice (I think it's got BI now that SS4W is gone?)

I'm sorry precious girl! The marriage, while mindnumbing and lonely was nothing compared to the hell of the divorce. I guess my advice is don't ever get divorced!

I'm gonna have to disagree here. I think a mindnumbing and lonely marriage sucks too. And while the divorce sucked more, I don't think anyone should live a mindnumbing and lonely life in a marriage. Hell, you can do that all by yourself with nobody bugging you.

I've seen perfectly happy couples become miserable after marriage. And I've seen people who should never ever ever have gotten married become even more miserable together once they were married. So I guess the lesson I've taken away is don't ever get married. It doesn't make anything better. So if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Of course this is just my observation over many years. Others might have seen quite different effects of marriage. All I know is I've never seen a truly happy couple like on TV or in the movies or in books. Not once. Not ever. It's all make believe or at least that's my conclusion.

Edited by starlitegirl

heh .

If mine dissolves, I WILL put this on a t-shirt and wear it to bed every night,LOL.

LADIES!!! Please!!!

Stop telling horror stories about marriage & divorce...

Maybe I'm naive & not living in the real world but I can't help it... I AM a hopeless romantic, and I'm still waiting for my knight in shining armour & the "happy ever after"... I want MY fairytale :(

LADIES!!! Please!!!

Stop telling horror stories about marriage & divorce...

Maybe I'm naive & not living in the real world but I can't help it... I AM a hopeless romantic, and I'm still waiting for my knight in shining armour & the "happy ever after"... I want MY fairytale :D

Okay, I'll not say another peep. Enjoy your fairytale. :(

I don't have any issues with marriage, just marriage for me. Personally I feel it is an outmoded and potentially oppressive institution, an institution that we are brainwashed into believing we must enter into. But I realize that for many it is a sacred commitment, and they're welcome to it. I want my own life, no matter what.

I'll let Joni sum it up for me (again, just me):

We don't need no piece of paper from the City Hall

keepin' us tried and true, no.

Edited by luna65

You women are scaring the hell out of me, I had a failed engagement--never been married but I still want to.

Not with the Bells and Whistles though--I wanna take my man and run outta town and come back hitched-and not tell anyone till it's done. I think the pressure of a big wedding helped ruin the first one.

Still-your scaring me. No jadeing the cheesy one.

edit---ok Mara-to make things clear, those are the SAME JALN's with different labels? Now sold through you...I never got the second one...

The TT & I were married @ the courthouse. Honestly, why spend the money on everybody else. When you get nicer rings for yourself, have a nice honeymoon. Honestly! & the bizarre thing is somebody just asked me the other day. If I had the money to have a nice wedding & still spend on ourselves. I said no, I don't see the point in a big, fancy wedding ceremony. I'd rather just throw a party,lol. LP is killing me w/ all the NRs & PEs last month & this month. BTW, lol @ Luna. My dear aunt always said: " Marriage is a wonderful institution. However, I'd rather not be institutionalized."

Edited by Beccah1

Maybe I'm naive & not living in the real world but I can't help it... I AM a hopeless romantic, and I'm still waiting for my knight in shining armour & the "happy ever after"... I want MY fairytale :)

I also meant to say: create your own fairy tale, don't live someone else's. ;)

Edited by luna65

Oh I get ya, my friend-I guess it's all about reallllllllly taking your time and makin sure the guy is right. And THAT is tricky indeed!

Geez, I already spent 18yrs on what I thought was the right guy...I don't know that I have enough time left to actually find the right one. :)

I saw it, it was cute! So was War of the Roses though :)

I know there are happy marriages out there, I am sure you can think of some. I think my parents were happy for the most part. I guess my problem is that I don't want to just be happy. i want to be fulfilled, which I was when I was raising my babies. But I want joy too. I have joy in my children, but I want both in my relationship as well. I believe that I have that person in my life right now that is blowing every expectation I have ever had. He grows with me, he encourages me, he worships me, he devours me, he cherishes me, he completes me. Do I want to be married in the US legal system? Hell no! That's the part I personally will never do again.

Let me say this.....

I "settled" for three marriages to the wrong people (SOOOOO WRONG), because I had convinced myself that the fairy tale relationship was just that....a fairy tale. After the third divorce, I made a pact with myself.....that unless someone came along who met the qualities on my must-have list, I would remain single and in dating mode.....I had decided that if the fairy tale didn't exist, then I would rather be alone.

Then, I met my current man.....he meets every one of my "must-haves"....and he has some other qualities that I never realized that I wanted, but that make life that much sweeter.

I am very gun-shy when it comes to marriage, but he made me think very seriously about it. We already have the comittment in our relationship, but we also realize that in some ways, a legal marriage can be beneficial. HOWEVER, we have also discussed that if it does happen, there will be pre-nuptial agreements.....on both sides.

So, for those of you who are romantics.....YES, it can happen.....am I saying that everyone who has a loving comitted relationship should be legally married? NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT. Marriage is not for everyone.....for me? Not really sure yet....we are "engaged", but it is still going to be a long winding road to the altar....a lot can happen between now and then.....

Ladies,

Ya'll need to watch the movie "Serendipity" :)

Saw it and to an extent am living it. However, what the fairy tales don't tell you is that they take work--the white charger that the prince rides has to have his stall cleaned and those princely garments need to go to the dry cleaners.

Can it happen? Sure, and it does every day.

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble and I am a romantic at heart (maybe that's why 7 Minutes to Midnight works so well for me), but the real work of making the fairy tale last starts after you ride off into the sunset.

For the on-topic portion of the post, I think Eye of the Storm and Tabby for sure, unsniffed, but need to see some of the notes in the others to totally round out the order. Might also get a spray phero--Ail's Cuddlebunny scented with something.

I believe that I have that person in my life right now that is blowing every expectation I have ever had. He grows with me, he encourages me, he worships me, he devours me, he cherishes me, he completes me.

LUCKY....... :lol:

Edited by FAWN

The new site looks great!

Wait, it doesn't look any different to me. Am I missing something?

I saw Serendipity too (and it's the only one of Alan Silvestri's scores that I can stomach) but again, that's someone else's story...you can find your own, dear, I know you can; just be cognizant of your own needs, not some outwardly imposed architecture of desire. I have a relationship that probably many would not want, but it works for me, it works for us. When I let go of that societal/feminine expectation baggage and went after what I wanted, then it all fell into place. Romance is a wonderful thing, but it's not just one thing.

Seriously, how do you feel about getting married again? LOL

OMG these look sooooooo great. Wow! so much this Oct/Nov release has...Oh, I am gonna be so broke. I think I still have some credit left though and so I will prolly cash in on those this time.

Sorry I have been scarce...life has been really ah strange. I am so swamped with work. I was very ill for awhile, recouped but not properly and ended up really sick, but worse than anything, I lost my first born grandchild. Yes, he choked on some kind of ball/round toy and no one was around to catch it in time. Afterwards, I think I kind of lost it with reality (seriously) I now have such bad panic attacks, the doctor wants me to take ativan for awhile. and tey have me going to counseling. the counselor/therapist says I have some unresolved issues with mom's death and I know it is true. I just don't want to deal with a lot of it right now. Basically I really am living day at a time. Somedays it is soooo hard to leave my bedroom, everything scares me about life. But I have to pretend and pull things together for my youngest child, who is having her own issues about death since mom passed away. (she is the one with Cystic Fibrosis, and is always worrying about living past a certain age her own self. now shes really worried about mommy living to help take care of her. I told her, I am never leaving her.

so, I am sorry I have not been active around the forum. Y'all know this is my second home and no matter what, I would find my way back home. lol

TG...you are the best sister and friend ever. I love you sweets. Thanks for checking up on me.

Cheesey, thank you for your most wonderful gift to me. I can not wait to try it. I know I am gonna love it! Rhank you so much cheesy(lori)

Mara/Danna...Hugzzz. and thank you for making my PE's. I know they will be fabulous. The labels are so gorgeous. Everything looks fabulous! can't wait to try them. Say hi to John for me as well.

all of my other forum family, I miss you like mad and I am not gone away okay. and I will be okay, so don't worry about djac...just gotta make what is in my heart match what is in my head. and sometimes, that is real hard.

special blessings to everyone.

oh yeah... some ladies have a package that was due to go out saturday. I promise, it will go out on this coming Saturday and I am so sorry, so sorry for the delay.

be blessed -djac

ETA cause its early and I am a hot mess, but I can spell. lol

Edited by djacquelynstew

OMG these look sooooooo great. Wow! so much this Oct/Nov release has...Oh, I am gonna be so broke. I think I still have some credit left though and so I will prolly cash in on those this time.

Sorry I have been scarce...life has been really ah strange. I am so swamped with work. I was very ill for awhile, recouped but not properly and ended up really sick, but worse than anything, I lost my first born grandchild. Yes, he choked on some kind of ball/round toy and no one was around to catch it in time. Afterwards, I think I kind of lost it with reality (seriously) I now have such bad panic attacks, the doctor wants me to take ativan for awhile. and tey have me going to counseling. the counselor/therapist says I have some unresolved issues with mom's death and I know it is true. I just don't want to deal with a lot of it right now. Basically I really am living day at a time. Somedays it is soooo hard to leave my bedroom, everything scares me about life. But I have to pretend and pull things together for my youngest child, who is having her own issues about death since mom passed away. (she is the one with Cystic Fibrosis, and is always worrying about living past a certain age her own self. now shes really worried about mommy living to help take care of her. I told her, I am never leaving her.

so, I am sorry I have not been active around the forum. Y'all know this is my second home and no matter what, I would find my way back home. lol

TG...you are the best sister and friend ever. I love you sweets. Thanks for checking up on me.

Cheesey, thank you for your most wonderful gift to me. I can not wait to try it. I know I am gonna love it! Rhank you so much cheesy(lori)

Mara/Danna...Hugzzz. and thank you for making my PE's. I know they will be fabulous. The labels are so gorgeous. Everything looks fabulous! can't wait to try them. Say hi to John for me as well.

all of my other forum family, I miss you like mad and I am not gone away okay. and I will be okay, so don't worry about djac...just gotta make what is in my heart match what is in my head. and sometimes, that is real hard.

oh yeah... some ladies have a package that was due to go out saturday. I promise, it will go out on this coming Saturday and I am so sorry, so sorry for the delay.

be blessed -djac

Oh Djac....so sorry for everything you are going through....please know that I am here for you if you need me....you know how to find me girl!!

I sent your happy package.....I hope that it arrived safely and that you are enjoying your goodies....I hope they provide you some measure of joy in the midst of everything else you are dealing with.....

HUGS to you!!

Djac, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandson. It's got to be tough on you I'm sure. And dealing with the loss of your mom. My heart goes out to you. I lost my mom about 7 years ago and am still dealing with unresolved feelings. Hang in there girlfriend your a tough one like me. Everything happens for a reason, unfortunately even the not-so-good things. At least that's what they tell me. You and your family are in my prayers. Much love.

be blessed -djac

Aw iam sorry Djac. My father died when I was 19 years old from a heart attack. Happened so suddenly. He went to work that morning came home and died right infront of my mothers eyes. I remember I had work that night and when I came home he was laying on the ground dead. Since then everything in my life has been a struggle. I had developed terrible anxiety and paranoia. I am on meds for that now. It helps but it never fully goes away.

After my fathers death I met this guy whom I thought was the greatest thing ever and I had moved out with him. I left my family after my fathers death in persue of a better life away from the horror but all to end up with an obusive guy for 3 in a half years.

Then I found a job which was amazing when i first started here because it gave me a push and financial help to move out and break up with my obusive ex boyfriend, but after a while I found out quickly that no job is perfect and all the crazy shit I had to deal with in here. Right now its starting to get a bit better because our busiest time is April-September but then from the months of October-March its not as bad. I'll probably stay here through the holiday months until March. Take my paid vacations, get my bonuses and then seek a better career bath and try to reinvent myself. I worked my ass off dealing with these crazy ass people all summer long. Iam staying for the holidays to reep my rewards.

Thank Gosh for my current boyfriend whom I have been with now for almost a year. Iam lucky i met him. I met him when my ex and I were at our down fall and pretty much broken up. Not living wise yet but emotionally we were way seperated. Work at that time became real stressful and I was scared I wasnt going to make it, but sweetie and I just clicked. His father died too from diebetes and at the time he was also having problems with his ex girlfriend who was a psycho bitch. Anyways we were there for eachother and became close friends which grew into something so much more. Beyond friendship and we helped eachother move along and out of the hell we were both in with our ex's. Its funny because I remember I was wearing Tomashi No Tamo with soulmate pheros a lot right before I met my current boyfriend.

But anyways, Life is big. Anything can happen. You just have to be strong and get through the hard times because life is like waves. Sometimes its smooth and other times its rough but you will get through it.

My prayers are with you

AG

Edited by AncientGoddess

Oh Djac, I'm so sorry about your dear grandbaby. It's heartbreaking to lose someone so young, and every death revives all our other losses, it seems. Life is precious and fragile ... it takes courage to be a human being!

All my love and big hugs to you dear,

Carrie

I was so hoping your absence was a happy one, not something like this. I'm so so very sorry for your losses. I agree, it's hard not to mourn all over again, when life hits you with such closely timed events. Huge hugs of comfort to you...we'll be here when you're ready to be social again...and our hearts are with you in the meantime.

djac, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and what you're going through. I hope you feel better soon. Sometimes stepping away and not dealing is the best thing you can do. That little bit of down time and not dealing with reality while you give yourself a breather can be very helpful once you have to deal with it. I think it just helps with the stress. I've done it a few times in my life when things were just too bad to cope. The reprieve gave me the strength to get through things when I had to face life.