WANT

sultry brunette

On me, this one is sweet, light, and fruity, with a boozy background. All-in-all, a nice scent, especially if you are attending holiday parties.....you know, crowded rooms where you don't want to knock people over with your perfume.....

I think it also has a couple of notes in common with Sultry Afternoon.....but not as musky.....

Edited by Dolly

Ok I need to say I love LP, i have Want and coeur de l'amour on and I am just amazed at the depth and intrigue I get when smelling both.

When I smell want I definetly get a very feminine powdery honeycomb scent it is deliscious and light like icing sugar. I cant see myself wearing this alone as I am not a huge powder fan, however thisa scent is stil very nice and I can see myself either bathing in it or using it as a mix with other deeper scents.

I wore WANT yesterday and I didn't get powdery at all....I got a very similar vibe to Deliciously Wicked, but "softer" perhaps. I really liked it. I was sniffing away all day, upbeat and pleassant. And DH commented on how good I smelled when he got home (say 10 hours after application). It's very unusual for him to comment...

Sometimes I think my nose is calibrated all wonky.

Im really liking this one as well. It reminds me a bit of boudoir but a lighter version and with alot of honey. As some of you know I adore honey scents and I think this works better as a honey scent for me than sugared honeycomb. I guess the added sweetness from the other ingredients boost the sweetness of honey I was looking for. I like the deep subtle boozyness to this as well like a nice rum fruit cake.

and the bottle list grows longer

This is a light sweet smell that reminds me of christmas candy. Soft and very feminine.

I wore this with sweet revenge and the combination was very nice. When ever i got frustrated or started to get annoyed or angered i just sniffed myself and said i want [fill in the blank] until i calmed down - it worked, helped me settle down and get back to business - it mostly was i want people to leave me alone and stop asking for things right away.

• 10 months later...

I couldn't find a review thread for 'Want', so am I the only one who likes it? :yeahthat: On me it smells like, and retains after dry-down, the scent of Christmas ribbon candies. Perfect for the upcoming holidays, and I'm thinking of some awesome layering opportunities (LP 'Red' and Bath & Body Works 'Winter Candy Apple' to name two). I wish I could buy out the whole stock that's on sale.

And since I mentioned that:

How to make a Christmas candy wreath

Yes I like WANT a lot too. Unfortunately when I tried to review it, the search feature doesn't like that word...and I was too lazy to manually go back that far in the threads.

At first I get big yellow banana - sort of like banana candy - but then it goes to a rich honey scent, and stays all night long. I wear it in the evenings quite a bit, and the next morning I still can smell the honeyed goodness. Plays well with other scents too to add a little sweet zing.

• 1 month later...
Three words: rum-soaked bananas. And honey. And soft roses in the background. So glad I got a sniffee in my latest order so I can preview this before my bottle arrives: now I can't wait to slather it! :w00t:

I can't believe I never reviewed this! Your right Invidiana it is a sweet banana & I love it. I don't get any booze w/ my skin. It's more like banana candy on me.

This does smell great in the vial...love the banana! But I think the liquor accords play havoc with my chemistry (once again) in that it does the weird perfume-y hairspray thing again.

*sigh*

• 6 months later...
Oooooooo, you guys are making me think to layer this over coconut scents. Will have to try that.

Soft, flora and I actually sensed smoke ..... I'm really not good at this.

I was so surprised when I had a WANT craving and realized I've gone through about 3/4 of a bottle of this juice. Yummy honey-banana roses. Has great throw and stays through the whole day.

And did I mention the honey-banana roses???

• 1 year later...

Ha! I finally took a look at the notes in Want - and well, I'll be!

Now that I know there is banana in here, I can smell it (all delicious and mouth-watering) in the vial and for all of 3 seconds after applying. But as soon as it touches my skin, it turns into... bubblegum - which I find hilarious for some reason. It's so bright and fruity and fun! :icecream:

After complete drydown, I do get the honey and a hint of rose. The boozy notes are AWOL, making Want less of a "seasonal" scent for me, although I guess its candy-like cheerfulness could also be associated with the holiday season :D