EOW way to strong!

Allie

I don't know why but when I first got this it smelled like sweet and cheesy feet. Now about 2 weeks later it smells like poop. I live in a house with others and find it quite hard to hide. It is currently in a box, in my wardrobe just to cover it up. The first time I used it after only about 1 minute the whole house stank and people upstairs and downstairs were like WHATS THAT SMELL! I was so worried they would find out it was me! Also I have tried it with 2 eau de toilettes one of them was called White Musk and worked better but you could still smell poop through it. I have tried it twice. Its not like im using to much I use one drop and rub it between both wrists waited over 10 mins before I put the cover scent on. Does anyone have any suggestions to put me at ease from worrying people are smelling it? Also I haven't really noticed anything, one guy I know was all over me but he's been like that before and I wasn't wearing copulins. Also I can't take it out with me to top up because of the smell that just comes off the unopened bottle itself! And what perfumes do you use to cover it up? Can you use body spray?

Edited by Allie

I don't use EoW straight up because its so tricky to cover. My suggestion would be to just get some Pherogirl or one of OCCO scented cops. I never smell anything unpleasant in using these pre-blended mixes.

Perhaps you could trade the EoW for something on the trading post forum.

I gave up trying to use EOW straight up..actually I should add it to my swap list. It was soo smelly and nothing seemed to cover it when I tried to myself. I'm sure that it would cover with some of my stronger LP perfumes but I just don't like handling the stuff or having it stink up my jewelry box. Layering it makes me sick to smell it. I've tried mixing it in oils which worked better but I never knew how much to add. Yeh, I'd do OCCO or Tail or amp one of your next Lp's with it. It's really cheap to have them add EOW to your perfume.

Rather than trying to use it straight , try blending it into one of the perfumes you like. We have empty bottles in our web store so you don't have to experiment using your favorite bottle and risk ruining it.

Start low and try moving up when you become more daring. Dr Stone (the maker of the product) recommends 6 drops mixed into a 10ml bottle of fragrance. Since our perfumes are so concentrated, we go a lot higher than that. You probably don't want to go more than 1 ml (22 drops) per bottle. Starting at around 10 drops per bottle, you're going to have to give it a few minutes to settle on your skin.

Don't rub it when it's drying down and mixing with your chemistry. Let it meld without fussing with the application points. (It makes it smell like burning car tires on me when I've done that - and I've heard at least half a dozen other people say exactly the same thing.)

Good luck! :magicstick:

Rather than trying to use it straight , try blending it into one of the perfumes you like. We have empty bottles in our web store so you don't have to experiment using your favorite bottle and risk ruining it.

Start low and try moving up when you become more daring. Dr Stone (the maker of the product) recommends 6 drops mixed into a 10ml bottle of fragrance. Since our perfumes are so concentrated, we go a lot higher than that. You probably don't want to go more than 1 ml (22 drops) per bottle. Starting at around 10 drops per bottle, you're going to have to give it a few minutes to settle on your skin.

Don't rub it when it's drying down and mixing with your chemistry. Let it meld without fussing with the application points. (It makes it smell like burning car tires on me when I've done that - and I've heard at least half a dozen other people say exactly the same thing.)

Good luck! :)

Thanks for this advice, Mara!

Unfortunately...I'm an idiot. I guess. I read your post in its entirety, but then this morning found myself "following instructions" by going straight for the 22 drop maximum in a full bottle of rocket chick. Not testing 10 drops, not testing it in a smaller container ....argh ...stupid...stupid...stupid. Why? I don't know.

Okay, so now its a bit strong, and I'm getting some bleed through an hour after dry down. Is it possible that the perfume and EoW will meld a little better in a few days? (I inverted the bottle many times before I tried it, so it was at least mixed).

Edited by xev

Okay, so now its a bit strong, and I'm getting some bleed through an hour after dry down. Is it possible that the perfume and EoW will meld a little better in a few days? (I inverted the bottle many times before I tried it, so it was at least mixed).

Yeah, definitely let it sit.....when I add EoW to a perfume, I always let it sit at least 24 hrs before using it.

I have another tip for ya. IF your not going to use it in a pre blended perfume-you should Probably use something much heavier than white musk as a cover even after the drydown. A resin or incense based scent, or a heavier floral(like Rose), would do well.

I love White Musk but it can be pretty light-go spicy, dark or deep to cover that baby.

Just a few suggestions-Any Dark Seductions Variant

Skelly Flambe

Nosy's Apertif

Liz's Patchouli and Rose Otto

Slave to Sin

or make your own Sugared Nag Champa,Amber, ect...

Edited by cheeseburger79

Thanks for this advice, Mara!

Unfortunately...I'm an idiot. I guess. I read your post in its entirety, but then this morning found myself "following instructions" by going straight for the 22 drop maximum in a full bottle of rocket chick. Not testing 10 drops, not testing it in a smaller container ....argh ...stupid...stupid...stupid. Why? I don't know.

LOL! I'm sorry to hear about the overload! Ok, expect a little something in the mail to make up for it.

xoxoxo

M

LOL! I'm sorry to hear about the overload! Ok, expect a little something in the mail to make up for it.

xoxoxo

M

Oh no, that isn't necessary at all! Its my own airheadedness! Your instructions were perfectly clear. I don't think I ruined the perfume, it is just super sexy now, that's all. Plus I do have a feeling it will meld.

I have another tip for ya. IF your not going to use it in a pre blended perfume-you should Probably use something much heavier than white musk as a cover even after the drydown. A resin or incense based scent, or a heavier floral(like Rose), would do well.

I love White Musk but it can be pretty light-go spicy, dark or deep to cover that baby.

Just a few suggestions-Any Dark Seductions Variant

Skelly Flambe

Nosy's Apertif

Liz's Patchouli and Rose Otto

Slave to Sin

or make your own Sugared Nag Champa,Amber, ect...

Thanks everyone! And cheeseburger thanks for the ideas! So glad you know what White Musk is like! Question-if I cant cover it should I put a few drops in to the White Musk bottle? If so how many? God I sound so stupid. Are there any perfumes that aren't from lovepotion that I can cover it with? I live in the UK so it costs so much to send everything from America.

Has EoW gotten stronger? My bottle is from two years ago and it's strong but it doesn't smell that bad, like I'd have trouble covering a single drop.

Edited by LaurieNY

Are there any perfumes that aren't from lovepotion that I can cover it with?

Aquolina's Pink Sugar seems to be one many have recommended as a cover for EoW.

I actually just read Mara's brilliant post about the rumors regarding different batches/strengths of EoW, so please disregard my previous question! Thanks, Mara! :)

Edited by LaurieNY

Hmm, I wonder if they sell that in the UK?

I can't help you with that specific question.....

HOWEVER, ther are certain notes that you can look for that will cover it....ambers, musks, cinnamon, honey, and also fruits......all excellent covers...

Hmm, I wonder if they sell that in the UK?

It's very hard to find on the high street. You can get it on eBay (but obviously you wont have any way of knowing if it's the real deal) & on the EU Sephora website (but the website is in French :love: ). You can also get it at some discount websites like CheapSmells.com & uk.FragranceNet.com

:)

Thanks guys! Good news, it appears they do sell it here! And this is just a thought, but have any of you smelled the mens version, blue sugar? Just wondering as it sounds like a very girly scent, so curious as to what the masculine one smells like.

Hmmm...putting it IN white musk. Whatcha got? Body shop? Thats light...I wouldnt know how much,if any to put in. Gonna leave that to the pros to answer.

With me personally, I'd just use a different phero, like Cougar-it doesn't smell all crazy. Neither does Heart and Soul-they are both still romantic.

And if someone hasn't mentioned these-Vivenne Westwoods "Boudoir" and Thierry Muglers "Angel" should cover damn near anything.

Annnd your welcome Allie!