The Empress of Persica

luna65

AD-Persica.jpg

The Empress of Persica

Down through the ages, there have been powerful women who have taken whatever they desired. Men have conquered nations and brought back untold riches just to please them. Women like Cleopatra, Isabella, Elizabeth I…and the Empress of Persica. Her legend tells us of the jewels and gold that were lavished upon her by potential suitors, who bored her to tears. A humble stableboy, however, gained her favor when he presented the object of his desire with a perfect, succulent peach, still dripping with the morning dew….

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PEACH ~ Love, promotes fertility, happiness, abundance, marriage, longevity, wishes granted.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion, intensifies love spells and success spells, love, money, success, power, increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism.
PEACH BLOSSOM, NECTARINE ~ Love, promotes fertility, happiness, abundance, marriage, longevity, wishes granted.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships, Goddess energy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I noted in my initial impressions that this reminds me of Something Voodoo This Way Comes (thanks Liz!) and that fragrance sold out in, like, five seconds. Persica has that same deep golden aura to it, for me, as the fruit is given depth and grounding by the frankincense. It is rich and mature, the flesh of the fruit with a quality of ripeness but not juicy. I'm imagining a half-eaten peach left on a gold-edged plate, as she's giving that lucky stableboy what for. ;) There's some zing from the ginger, but it adds to that impression of haughty wealth. Thankfully the dairy notes didn't go sour on me, they're just enough in the background to buoy the peach.

If you're a peach lover and you want something a little more decadent, oh you need this, I think.

I'm holding out on this one, want a BOTTLE badly, but waiting for sample to see if it's for me.

I tried this one over the weekend.....my sweetie and I both enjoyed it....I agree with Luna, it isn't a JUICY peach....I think that is tempered by the cream.....the spiciness is just light and subtle in the background....full bottle coming on this one!

This came in my gigantor order today. I was hoping it would feel a bit like Hotter than Hell crossed with Mr. Right Now and it sort of does. Peachy, creamy sweet, warm sexy with a pop of ginger. It's LOVELY on me. So glad I ordered it in the spray with Cougar 2X. :-) It's a fab complement to the phero intent - a suck you in and WHAMMO! You know you want me.

I keep huffing that hand and am fixin' to make myself high.

But I have so many body parts scented right now I probably smell like a $20 ho.

I felt like running a concurrent Beta Spray test - and washed up my previous scent high.

On one arm - B-Gasm with Cougar 2X plus 2X cops, the other Empress with Cougar 2X plus 2X cops.

And surprisingly - in a side by side comparison - Empress covers the cops better. It seems the buttercream and peach cover heavier. (This is where Dolly says Duh Shelly - FRUIT. I told you FRUIT. Yeah, I know. But I love honey so I was sort of thinking it would come out higher....)

I think you could get away with triple cops in Empress. For those that like Empress - if it will cover the 2X cops plus 2 X Cougar this well - I think it would solve the 2X BI funky cheese...

On a side note - I'm so Cougar Happy right now - the KSPBF (on purpose this time) should be a bit sad he's not around. I might just be crawlin'.

...to lick his shoe? :)

But yes, that's why Dirty Sexy (and other heavier fruit-based scents) made such a great cover for EoW. Cops and fruit go together like all those other things that go together. ^_^

...to lick his shoe? :)

But yes, that's why Dirty Sexy (and other heavier fruit-based scents) made such a great cover for EoW. Cops and fruit go together like all those other things that go together. :lol:

Yeah - not so much the shoe. Did you miss the whole discussion on magic words that begin with P again? ^_^

Pick one - other than phlegm. That's out. Completely out. :2705:

That's right out, as Quince would say. :)

Oh I know exactly which 'P' word you mean (or at least a couple). They don't call me Wicked Quim for nothin' ya know. ^_^

On a side note - I'm so Cougar Happy right now - the KSPBF (on purpose this time) should be a bit sad he's not around. I might just be crawlin'.

I think you'd be having HIM crawl.....

I think you'd be having HIM crawl.....

:) Sotte voce.... Hey Dolly? Shhhh.....silly - I'd be crawling *after*

Actually - Luna said crawling - I thought crutches and anti-inflammatories... ^_^

TMI alert - honestly - I'm not so much on a man that crawls. Bossy alpha's do it for me. :c352-0016:

:) Sotte voce.... Hey Dolly? Shhhh.....silly - I'd be crawling *after*

Actually - Luna said crawling - I thought crutches and anti-inflammatories... ^_^

TMI alert - honestly - I'm not so much on a man that crawls. Bossy alpha's do it for me. :c352-0016:

I've had the bossy alphas.....been there done that (too many times).....prefer one who knows WHEN to be bossy....which is normally after I drop the whip....

You know another scent that managed to cover up BI 2x was Vampire Bait. I absolutely can't tell the boosted from the nonboosted by smelling it. "Look ma! No butt cheese!" It's a remarkable cover..the same goes with Blood Martini 2008. I'm going to have to try Empress...I like peach if it's not overdone and scents that really cover the pheros. I made the mistake of boosting Denises Musty Orchid with BI. What was I thinking? I really liked Musty Orchid but instead of smelling of Buttcheese...it's Baby Powdered Buttcheese.

Alpha-Schalfa. Nothing is cuter than a 6'3 muscular man who's looks like an alpha on the outside, could whuup any man's ass if something desperate were to happen but will spend his weekend grouting your shower tiles wearing a penis leash.

So tell me..why are there so many perfume/phero junkies who own a whip?

Edited by Geena

Because there's nothing better than social engineering AND smelling fabulous doing it. ;)

AMEN TO THAT!!

I made the mistake of boosting Denises Musty Orchid with BI. What was I thinking? I really liked Musty Orchid but instead of smelling of Buttcheese...it's Baby Powdered Buttcheese.

Does it smell of powdery buttcheese even after drydown?

Does it smell of powdery buttcheese even after drydown?

Yeah, that's what I was wondering.....sometimes they settle out after drydown....

On the other hand, since Empress is pretty high in the peach department, would it hide cops better??

I think peach is a good cover for cops in general, though admittely I haven't tried it. But I bet Shelly has amped up her Lascivious Peach with cops and/or a sexual mix and can tell us whether it works or not. Or anyone else who's amped a peach-based LP.

I will say, I have social mixes in Kittenish and in Nasty Habits (which has a peach note but is not a peach blend per se) and they worked great, the pheros did not take over.

Thinking this might be a good cover for BI 2x also.....

I think you are right Steph. This one would work for that...but there's only mid 20's left in the gift shoppe - so it's a total you snooze you lose.

I'm trying to decide if I want to get in one more order of Lace - in Empress - before it's GGG.

I love this - in spray.

I think you are right Steph. This one would work for that...but there's only mid 20's left in the gift shoppe - so it's a total you snooze you lose.

I'm trying to decide if I want to get in one more order of Lace - in Empress - before it's GGG.

I love this - in spray.

You are right! I learned that lesson the hard way with Mr. Right.

• 1 month later...

I am groovin' on Empress....I may need more than just a couple bottles......

• 2 weeks later...
I think peach is a good cover for cops in general, though admittely I haven't tried it. But I bet Shelly has amped up her Lascivious Peach with cops and/or a sexual mix and can tell us whether it works or not. Or anyone else who's amped a peach-based LP.

I will say, I have social mixes in Kittenish and in Nasty Habits (which has a peach note but is not a peach blend per se) and they worked great, the pheros did not take over.

Nasty Habits covers cops beautifully also....but then again, on me, Essence Oil (as well as the old EoW) smells like ripe fruit after it dries down......after a couple of hours, I can wear it straight up, with no cover if I so desired (and I have on occassion, for testing purposes).....

I have a bottle of spray that is Cougar 1X with a ton of cops (yes, a TON), and I scented it with Nasty Habits.....it is so sexy!

I also have 3 bottles of Empress on the way.....heheheheheeeeeee.......

This is one hell of a peach. Before I discovered LP I'd tried another peach blend that was just meh, and the zillion peach candles/air fresheners I'd smelled in the past were always waaaaay too sweet to the point of being cloying, which gave me little hope for peach notes until I tried Shelly B's Lascivious Peach and now this. The peach in here isn't your Febreze peach; it's juicy, bold and tart, a perfect companion for the equally brassy frankincense and ginger. Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, the whole thing gets slathered in buttercream! This stuff is made of pure OM and NOM and WIN and has definitely turned my previous notion of peach on its head. :magicstick:

• 2 months later...

This one does cover cops extremely well.....I loaded a bottle down with excessive amounts of EoW, and while you could smell it a teensy bit when wet, on dry-down there was no bleedthrough at all.....

Public Service Announcement.....for those of you who want some (or some more) of this one, there are about 13 bottles left in the cart.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wore my sample last night out. Slathered on the stuff, boy did my hubby love this one! He told me its absolutely the sexiest most incredible fragrance he's ever smelt on me (of course I had various phero blends underneath).

This one is very much a peaches and cream scent to me.

I agree too!!!

This smells like a peach scented candle upon application! After 30mins, the "candle" smell is gone and a slight hint of sweet peach slowly appear.

This is not a loud scent once it dried down. It stayed close to my skin like a sweet peach cream. Lovely :abfx:

This is less sweet, not as loud, more subtle than Christine's tropical musk :D:):D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tried this again this afternoon. Besides peaches, I get quite a bit of cream and it hugs my skin very closely. Reminds me of TT except it does not have that much bright tropical feel to it. Nice! Won't mind having a bottle in my arsenal.