Skelly Tart

Invidiana

Does anyone have a review of Skelly Tart? I'm wavering on this one because of the lemon, because there's the tart lemon that I like (think sour lemon drops and Sour Patch Kids) and then the sharp verbena-ish lemon that I don't. Anyone out there tried it?

Nooooo Verbena! I made this-its lemon creme brulee.

I'll edit this with a review. I've only cold sniffed-sweet and yummy!!! But I need to add on once it's worn on my skin. Hang tight.

But its Lemon Vanilla Custard, carmalized with brown sugar. Those are the notes.

Nooooo Verbena! I made this-its lemon creme brulee.

I'll edit this with a review. I've only cold sniffed-sweet and yummy!!! But I need to add on once it's worn on my skin. Hang tight.

But its Lemon Vanilla Custard, carmalized with brown sugar. Those are the notes.

Thanks Cheesy! I LOVE lemon curd, but that sounds delicious, and definitely up my alley. If someone put a plate of that in front of me I'd definitely eat it too :lol2: I just got one of the two remaining bottles, and I'll post my own review when it arrives!

Edited by Invidiana

Wow, there's only one remaining bottle now? I just ordered my Skelly Tart yesterday....the cart didn't say sold out...I hope I got it!!!

No worries, looks like you and I got the last bottles, actually--I just checked and it said sold out!

Cheezie and SG got this down right !! I was sooo scared it would turn out smelling like Lemon Pledge :lol: (as some lemon-y scents do on me), but nooooo !! 1st hit... all tart lemon, then this creamy, lemon custardy, burnt sugary, pastry-ish goodness hits me and I SWEAR I COULD TASTE IT (complete w/that gurgle you do when you taste something tart)!! SO GLAD I bought one unsniffed. Nice job ladies !!

No worries, looks like you and I got the last bottles, actually--I just checked and it said sold out!

SO GLAD I bought one unsniffed. Nice job ladies !!

Awww...now I'm glad I at least got one bottle unsniffed, I love it! It's luscious, tart, sweet, creamy...I can't get enough of it. I was going to order another bottle tonight. :lol: Now I have to ration it LOL...

Is Skelly Tart in the NR monthly sampler pack??? I hope it is...It sounds delish............

I'm afraid not dear, it was a PE that Cheezie had in the October releases, but you might get a small sample in with your order ?!

Edited by liz

This is just delectable, so glad I got a bottle before it went. It's just like creamy lemon curd, which I love, swirled into a custardy base and all caramelized on top. Part sweet, part tart and all delicious :1plus1: Thanks for coming up with this, Cheesy!!

Edited by Invidiana

Why your welcome! I'm back from my mom's(just before we clawed each others eyes out-haha, we love each other, but you know how it can be with family and holidays-she has no internet, so I've been MIA)-

Anyways, I can't really describe this better than Liz already did. Very, well, 'tart' at first, and sweet. A little lemon punch in the face-but the good kind, like an older relative nudgeing your jaw in a 'good job kiddo' way-haha, I'm tired.

Then it mellows out and grows creamy and the custard, pastry and caramelly goodness come out.

Great staying power! And yes, perfectly done. I'm extremely happy with all my PE's this month! Yay!

PS-All the PE's were on the banner this month I think.

Edited by cheeseburger79

Very, well, 'tart' at first, and sweet. A little lemon punch in the face-but the good kind, like an older relative nudgeing your jaw in a 'good job kiddo' way-haha, I'm tired.

Exactly--it's a lemon dessert done the right way. When lemon (or other citrus, I've noticed) desserts are done right--when the tartness packs enough punch to mellow out the sugar, then they're just completely irresistable. Then there's the "bad kind" of lemon desserts, like lemon jello *runs*, the ones that are just way too sweet and taste pretty much like citrus rind with too much sugar. Skelly Tart is the first one, a citrus dessert done right, in the same way those gooey lemon bars or the Cheesecake Factory's key lime cheesecake are: sweet, creamy and gooey with the right amount of punch. :shocked:

I think I've gained weight just writing this.

Edited by Invidiana

• 3 weeks later...

I love the lemon in this one, it's wonderfully tart with just a slight sweet edge to it. I don't know that the base is really exactly creme brulee to my nose, but there is a definite sugary baked goods/pastry aura underneath, nice and thick and yummy.

Know whats grown on me in this? Theres CRUST! Am I crazy? I've been wearing it alot lately as it makes me happy, and I swear--graghm cracker crust??? Right?! I smell it.....I do, and Danna didn't tell me it's there...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Just acquired this in trade and OMG OMG OMG! This may be the yummiest foodie scent yet! The lemon is an absolutely true lemon curd--creamy citrus that is both tart and sweet. It goes on bright and strong, then settles down a bit and I get the creamy custard AND the crust! It reminds me of a wonderful lemon chess pie my mother used to make.

It also, as mentioned upthread, has great staying power on me. I was a little concerned that it quieted down as quickly as it did, thinking it might be one of those my skin just eats into oblivion, but once quiet it settled in for the long haul. When I woke up this morning it was still in that quieted down but very palpably present skin scent stage! So naturally I re-slathered.

I have a feeling i may go through this bottle in record time. So delicious!