Phero Girl vs Sugared Honeycomb

I've been puzzling over some of the comments I've received regarding Phero Girl, and its comparison to Sugared Honeycomb.

First of all, YES, It was an intentional choice to use a Honeycomb base along with the Copulins, because when I smelled the EOW Copulins, I knew this would be the ideal cover. The natural scent of honeycomb is very similar to the scent of "female musk", in a flattering/complimentary way.

What's puzzling me, is that some have remarked that Phero Girl seems like a "thinner" blend than Sugared Honeycomb, when in fact the opposite is true. Phero Girl is opulently rich. It finally occurred to me, that perhaps the advice to 'SHAKE WELL" on the label and perfumerie page had not been heeded.

You will notice, there is a settled layer of deep orange on the bottom of the bottles and Trial Vials. That is the Bee Pollen, and it is an essential part of the experience of this perfume. You MUST shake this blend until cloudy, and then apply. If you don't , you're not going to get the intended effect.

If you didn't shake it before you tried yours, please do me the favor of doing so and then report back, ok? Thank you! :blink:*

FYI:

Ingredients for Phero Girl:

Honey, Honeycomb, Orange Blossom, Bee Pollen, Amber, Sugar, Essence™ of Woman Pure Copulin.

Ingredients for Sugared Honeycomb:

Honey, Honeycomb, Sugars.

WOWSA. That makes a huge difference ... this is a beautiful scent!! and I smell the copulins a little bit more, and they smell great!

I didn't even see the "shake well" instructions until you mentioned it ... maybe they need to be in BIG LETTERS for us dummies!

Edited by Carrie

Ok. so I just got my first package.....BIG HUGS to Mara and Danna!! I shook my trial vial of Phero Girl until it was cloudy, and I put it on the back of one hand, and Sugared Honeycomb on the back of the other.

They are both absolutely lovely, and they are quite similar, but I think that if I had to pick one, I personally prefer the Honeycomb. While both are "rich", I think I would describe the difference as more of a "brightness" in the Phero Girl, and more of a perfumey smell.....maybe it is the orange blossom?

Edited by Dolly

I've tried shaking it. It does make some difference but, maybe it's my skin again, it is lovely it's still really airy and subtle on me as it dries down.

I'm just weird I suppose :)

May

I'm for sure going to get a bottle of Phero Girl with my next order ( I'm afraid of the stock running out before I have money to get a bottle) on me it smells thicker. The oil itself is the thickest perfume oil I've ever seen. I remembered to shake the oil until cloudy, and the one day I didn't it did have a much " thinner" smell.

What's puzzling me, is that some have remarked that Phero Girl seems like a "thinner" blend than Sugared Honeycomb, when in fact the opposite is true. Phero Girl is opulently rich. It finally occurred to me, that perhaps the advice to 'SHAKE WELL" on the label and perfumerie page had not been heeded.

You will notice, there is a settled layer of deep orange on the bottom of the bottles and Trial Vials. That is the Bee Pollen, and it is an essential part of the experience of this perfume. You MUST shake this blend until cloudy, and then apply. If you don't , you're not going to get the intended effect.

If you didn't shake it before you tried yours, please do me the favor of doing so and then report back, ok? Thank you! :) *

Hmm, how to word this response? I certainly don't want any incorrect inferences made from my description. I know I tend to "feel" scents in a different way and the descriptors I use are often texture- and taste-oriented rather than smell. My brain, I think, perceives smells strangely. Then, too, my brain is a bit preoccupied because the Beloved and I had a nasty fight and the global reason seems to be that he is extremely disappointed in his son and oh-too-often feels guilty for loving mine/feeling appreciative of mine when his is such a disappointment to him (this reason came to light during the after-fight discussion... and, oh, my was it a doozie of a fight! The specific reason which prompted the fight was my correcting his son for asking my son to lie to me, an act which my son found highly replusive and immediately reported to me... gak, blending a family is awful tiring sometimes!) Sigh; lots on my little brain right now. Still, I'll try and formulate a response and do so appropriately.

I shook mine not so much because I read the directions to do so but simply because I saw the "settled layer" (so I was correct just by luck and not by virture of reading; not a good balance for a teacher, huh?)... and it is indeed a beautiful scent and definitely rich in terms of the interplay of scents. Still, for me, it's "texture" is thin (yes, the oil is thick; that's not what I mean ;)) and the notes are "high" and slightly sweet. When I breath in the scent, it enters as a thin, light ribbon of scent, with this even lighter layer on top. What I mean, I think, is the same as the "brightness" to which Dolly alluded... and the airiness which May perceives.

My scent-texture preference, I think, is the muskier/spicier/darker/sharper scents (I love the thickness of these scents on my tongue and in my nose) and these "brighter"/"airier"/sweeter scents tend to powder on my skin (not that PheroGirl "powders" on me; just that scents of . So, I layer my PheroGirl with Dark Seductions (which I absolutely love*love*love and must stock up on before its gone forever! Oh, the limited edition aspect of the perfumes is making me feel like I need to collect this scent as if it were a precious wine) or Hecate (almost too sharp at first sniff but the dry-down is nice). I think I have noted in May's other responses a similar preference for the darker scents (am I right, May?).

I wonder if I should note that I haven't yet posted a review/response regarding PheroGirl so it hasn't been me using the term "thinner" prior to this post; I am only offering forth my perception and am not intending to speak for anyone else. This may not have been what they were meaning at all.

I shook mine not so much because I read the directions to do so but simply because I saw the "settled layer" (so I was correct just by luck and not by virture of reading; not a good balance for a teacher, huh?)... and it is indeed a beautiful scent and definitely rich in terms of the interplay of scents. Still, for me, it's "texture" is thin (yes, the oil is thick; that's not what I mean :) ) and the notes are "high" and slightly sweet. When I breath in the scent, it enters as a thin, light ribbon of scent, with this even lighter layer on top. What I mean, I think, is the same as the "brightness" to which Dolly alluded... and the airiness which May perceives.

My scent-texture preference, I think, is the muskier/spicier/darker/sharper scents (I love the thickness of these scents on my tongue and in my nose) and these "brighter"/"airier"/sweeter scents tend to powder on my skin (not that PheroGirl "powders" on me; just that scents of . So, I layer my PheroGirl with Dark Seductions (which I absolutely love*love*love and must stock up on before its gone forever! Oh, the limited edition aspect of the perfumes is making me feel like I need to collect this scent as if it were a precious wine) or Hecate (almost too sharp at first sniff but the dry-down is nice). I think I have noted in May's other responses a similar preference for the darker scents (am I right, May?).

I wonder if I should note that I haven't yet posted a review/response regarding PheroGirl so it hasn't been me using the term "thinner" prior to this post; I am only offering forth my perception and am not intending to speak for anyone else. This may not have been what they were meaning at all.

Well, you were "spot on" with what I was getting at with the "brightness" description. I too tend toward the darker side with the scents....May and I have similar tastes, actually. I like LP red and black, which I just received. On the way I have Isis, samples of Medium, Dark Seductions (per your suggestion, as a matter of fact), Athena, and even Rajah (I know its supposed to be for men, but somedays I want a lot of resinous feeling).

Have you tried the sugared honeycomb? It is not dark or spicy, but is a rich, sexy scent. It only turned slightly powdery on me after about 5 hours.

Oh, and BTW......I know what you mean about the blended family thing......had that situation in my third marriage, and it was indeed difficult. My current fiancee has two children in the same age range as my son, so I may be dealing with it again, also. Good luck!

Edited by Dolly

After shaking, Phero Girl was indeed much more complex than when unshaken. It has a butterinessthat it didn't have before, as well as a slight floral note. I like it a lot more than I did (and I liked it a lot before!). But it is still quite a bit lighter (brighter) in feel than Sugared Honeycomb.

Sugared Honeycomb, as others have mentioned, is deeper and richer, and it totally won my heart at first sniff.

OK, Phero Girl is haunting me. It is so compelling--that's the only way I can describe it. I keep sniffing and picking out new notes. It's soft, warm and gorgeous. I am getting a bottle of this just because I'm afraid I will regret it terribly if I don't. I adore Sugared Honeycomb, but after much testing (when I woke up this morning, Phero Girl was still there!) I must have a bottle of this as well.

I shook mine not so much because I read the directions to do so but simply because I saw the "settled layer" (so I was correct just by luck and not by virture of reading; not a good balance for a teacher, huh?)... and it is indeed a beautiful scent and definitely rich in terms of the interplay of scents. Still, for me, it's "texture" is thin (yes, the oil is thick; that's not what I mean :) ) and the notes are "high" and slightly sweet. When I breath in the scent, it enters as a thin, light ribbon of scent, with this even lighter layer on top. What I mean, I think, is the same as the "brightness" to which Dolly alluded... and the airiness which May perceives.

I think you have absolutely nailed it here. I do have a noticeable preference for darker perfumes. But these darker perfumes can also have a sweet note in them. For example I like Sabra which is resinously sweet. I also like forevermore and spring equinox - I get a similar note of damp earth in the background of each and they also have a certain headiness that i like. But on the whole I like smoky, or sweet, resinous types of smells, ambers and woods. This probably explains why I find described PG as "airy". ;)

May

Edited by May

• 2 weeks later...

I love Sugared Honeycomb! My fiance absolutely loves this also. It's a waxy honey smell thats also buttery. It blends with my skin and stays on for hours and never morphs into anything else. The scent holds true. Compared to Phero Girl the scent is full and sexy where as Phero Girl itself is more delicate.

Phero Girl is a honey scent but also has something hiding behind the honey. Something that seems almost marine/ozoney. It's probably the orange blossom but orange blossom seems way stronger in other perfume brands I have used. Either that or bee pollen which I have noever experienced before. I prefer warmer scents and gifted this to my mother who loves pheromone scents.

I asked the fiance which he perfers and he picked S.H. He did not like Phero Girl.

Edited by DeliberateAngel

• 3 weeks later...
I asked the fiance which he perfers and he picked S.H. He did not like Phero Girl.

My fiancee had much the same reaction.....he liked the Honeycomb when I first wore it, and has liked it more each subsequent time (it has grown on him, apparently), when I tried on PheroGirl for him, he said that is was "okay", but not one that he would choose for me to wear.......

My fiancee had much the same reaction.....he liked the Honeycomb when I first wore it, and has liked it more each subsequent time (it has grown on him, apparently), when I tried on PheroGirl for him, he said that is was "okay", but not one that he would choose for me to wear.......

You know, I think there is something that is kind of almost "addictive" about Honeycomb. Sometimes, I even find myself putting some on before going to bed. Which is not something I usually do - especially if I am alone. Has anyone else also noticed how it clings to your clothing? My scarf still smells of Honeycomb from the last time I wore it, and I haven't worn that scarf for a few days.

I do like PheroGirl, but find Honeycomb much bigger, bolder and up-front. For me, Honeycomb is Mae West compared to PheroGirl's Marilyn Monroe.

May

You know, I think there is something that is kind of almost "addictive" about Honeycomb. Sometimes, I even find myself putting some on before going to bed. Which is not something I usually do - especially if I am alone. Has anyone else also noticed how it clings to your clothing? My scarf still smells of Honeycomb from the last time I wore it, and I haven't worn that scarf for a few days.

I do like PheroGirl, but find Honeycomb much bigger, bolder and up-front. For me, Honeycomb is Mae West compared to PheroGirl's Marilyn Monroe.

May

I accidentally got some on the seatbelt in my car, and now I smell it every time I get in to drive somewhere......I find myself pulling the seatbelt up to sniff it.....it IS very addicting......and, a bonus.....it covers EoW perfectly and completely, with no "bleed-through".....

I think your comparison of Mae West and Marilyn Monroe is very fitting......right again, May!! :)

Edited by Dolly