Sugared Moon Dust

luna65

AD-MoonDust.jpg

Sugared Moon Dust

The moon is many things: she is imagination, she is desire, she is sweet comfort and she is mystery. With a bevy of sugars and nuts and a touch of tobacco we aspire to capture all of her aspects in our radiant Sugared Moon Dust, a potion for illumination of your own goddess energy…let it shine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.
NUTS ~ Success, wealth, prosperity, wisdom, intuition, insight.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Mara explained the concept of this one to me, I was naturally very excited because the moon is one of my totems and the idea was very appealing...the thought of the Moon Maiden who was a living embodiment of our Moon.

The sugars and the nuts make for a delicious delicate kind of cozy scent, stealthy sexy skin scent. For me, for example - and this is not a direct analogy - but any kind of toffee (sugar, butter and nuts) is a yummy sexy scent. But there's no butter, of course. Though there is a sweet warm aspect of mother's milk which M commented was an evocative reaction of those tested. The tobacco gives it just a tinge of earthiness - M noted it was "vaguely perfumey" - and I agree. A little mystery, just as the Moon embodies mystery along with imagination and comfort.

I love this one, it's another scent which is like wearing a much-loved shirt, but at the same time I can see the Moon Maiden I conjured in my description, I can feel her aspects in me as this melds with my skin.

The sugars and the nuts make for a delicious delicate kind of cozy scent, stealthy sexy skin scent. For me, for example - and this is not a direct analogy - but any kind of toffee (sugar, butter and nuts) is a yummy sexy scent.

Nuts? Nuts make me a bit wary...What kind of nuts does this one have? I really can't do almonds... I am them & they turn to glue sticks on me :)

She didn't tell me exactly. There's no obvious aspect to me, if that makes sense. My brain says "yes, there's nuts" but nothing which says "yes, that's peanut/almond/walnut/whatever." Just a nutty quality.

In the vial I can smell the slight nuttiness. On me skin it has melded into a light sweetness. It's like powdered sugar, so this is definitely a 'white' scent. Of course, it's sugared moondust.

Edited by Beccah1

This one I am testing out today. Yummy sugared sweetness. Toochachingly sweet. How can I NOT like something this yummy?!? I don't really get any particular note such as almond or pecan or anything. I can tell there is something floating around in there, but I can't pick it out. Just flossy sweetness...

I tested SMD last night.. It is all mysterious and moon-lit shimmering with toffee on my skin. This is a perfect skin scent, and sooo incredibly sensual, especially the drydown. Full Bottle Purcase for me.

Edited by KrazyKat

• 3 weeks later...

I adore this! I have it boosted in 2x lace. It is an ethereal scent that reminds me of summers on Hilton Head Island in South Carolina. It is a sprinkling of expensive wood and nuts and a bit of sweet. I have it in a spray and it seems the notes are spread out a bit more than the oil. I LOVE it.Have another on the way.

• 2 weeks later...

How could I not get a bottle of this after reading about the Moon Lady in Amy Tan's The Joy Luck Club? This one is really amazing--it reminds me a lot of Marley's Ghost, another foody-soothing blend that I love dearly. It somehow manages to be foody and ethereal all at once, not faint but more towards gauzy, which is very appropriate for the Moon Maiden.I get what must be almond, and sugar of course, and other hazy elements which I can't identify right off the bat but are still just delicious. It's the type of scent that wraps you like a comforting blanket you don't want to ever let go of--and a very yummy one at that! :)

Edited by Invidiana

• 2 weeks later...

I'm debating on whether to get this in spray or roll on from, I'm also getting some things that i haven't smelled yet but really think I'll like in lotion form instead of perfume right now. Someone help meeeeee so far I'm planning on lotions in nekomusume, blood on snow and maybe mother ship unless I get that in perfume, and the sugared moondust in perfume but maybe lotion.... I DUNNO I'm thinking that lotions would be more useful right now and they are cheaper but they also wont go as far or last as long.... suggestions?

I second Lynne on the lotion thing, I just have the roll-on but I can definitely see it being a fabulous lotion fragrance; to add to that, I think Mothership would be great as a lotion as well because of the creamy milk note. Neko probably would too because there's a lot of creaminess in that from the vanilla rice pudding though it is darker than the other two because of the plum and sake. Blood on Snow is more on the cool/tart/crisp side so it really depends what type of fragrance you're looking for in a lotion. I know you're into comforting scents, so if you want a more creamy/foody/comforting fragrance for lotion, the first two would do for a lighter scent and Neko for a stronger one.

Edited by Invidiana

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Why does this smell so great to the rest of you but stinks so bad to me? :happybirthday:

Luck of the draw!

I absolutely love this one and wear it often...sweet and slightly nutty and just totally cozy.

Now Nekomusume? Cat Vomit. I am baffled by people's reports of pudding smell...ain't no pudding I would eat!

You just never know how your skin or your nose is going to react.

Why does this smell so great to the rest of you but stinks so bad to me? :happybirthday:

Sugared Moon Dust hates me too Darbla, goes sickly dripping sweet on me and not in a good way. I have so many others that I love though...

This potion has a mother's milk vibe to it. I wonder if different reactions to it have to do with subconscious triggers and scent/sense memories?

That's a good question Mara! I don't think my reaction personally was a mother's milk aversion. For me it was more an ongoing issue I have with sugars and caramel. I amp anything darker than white sugar to a sickly level. Probably the nuttiness just contributed to that. I was actually attracted to the mother's milk aspect of it having just ended a 5 year run of either being pregnant or nursing or both a few months before this one came out. But I also have an iffy history with milky type scents anyway. I love the intent and description of this one, it's just not me.

• 6 months later...

When I first tried this, it was a bit foody and overpowering. It had a bit of a burnt sugar tinge to it and I wasn't sure I'd like it. I tried it again today and it's still very rich and smells like something that would be high in calories, but the nuttiness makes it interesting and it doesn't seem as heavy as when I first tried it. Delicious!

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love this scent. It smells really almondy to me for a while, sugary sweet and delicious. I can smell the tobacco scent for a little bit, and it gives it an almost odd earthiness, but then it fades and I'm left with yummy sugar. I think I might have to get a couple of bottles of this...maybe add some lace to one. This feels like a good Lace scent to me.

I really like this one a lot too,had it on not too long ago and was going to say so,and probably did in the Scent of the Day thread,ummm one would think that as long as I have been here by now that I could give a helpful review other than "I really like this" ...one would be wrong :)

I get the almond and I get the sweetness,and it makes me smile :lol:

*ya never know,maybe someone out there who likes everything I like,will know what I mean.

This scent is pleasant but rather a bit too sweet for me in addition to being somewhat of a comestible odour. My nose prefers florientals and deep-bodied scents. However for somebody who likes to smell edible this may be for you especially as it has a touch of intrigue due to the odd yet harmonious choice of ingredients.

On my skin the primary impression is of a sweet almond-cashew rice-milk pudding topped with lavish amounts of white sugar however slowly the tobacco smoke smell slinks in, and its not a shy move but a surprise move which I certainly was not expecting. This lends a touch of ethereal to the fragrance, the tobacco is not timid, it seems to float below the sweet tang of the almond-cashew milk pudding. Although as I said, at first I found the contrast odd, the marriage is actually successful and stops Sugared Moon Dust from being too cloying.

Edited by Indigo

• 2 months later...

Got this in a trade with Bumbob (thanks!) and have to say I am loving it. This does not come over as white sugar or milk like in any way on me. But this could be my wonky skin chemistry.

It comes out as sugared honeycomb with a dollop of toffee and nuts. Very rich and more of a treacly sweet than a white sugary sweet. It lasts and lasts and then it last some more.

There's also a note of smoke and incense (church type) in the background too.

My Mum came in and asked if I had been cooking Christmas pudding - but it was the SMD. It's strong and has one heck of a throw too.

Me likey, need big bottle

May

Edited by May

I got a little burnt brown sugar scent at the beginning then it turned waxy on me. Guess I have to skip this.

Oh,do try it again in a couple of weeks :) ...I really like this one but there are sooooo many others,I forget to wear it.I just put some on after reading the foody thread :lol:

I'm glad I got to try this again, I like it a little better than before. I think it's because I am getting used to honeycomb scents. I know this isn't honeycomb, but it has the same type of scent to me! I am getting some of the mother's milk aspect now too. This is a nice, warm, slightly sweet scent.

• 4 months later...
Oh,do try it again in a couple of weeks :) ...I really like this one but there are sooooo many others,I forget to wear it.I just put some on after reading the foody thread :lol:

I wanted to like this so much, particularly after reading the reviews. I tried this again tonight and I still get the plasticky/waxy scent after drydown. Guess this is really not for me!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Got it, love it, may have to get another bottle.

The vibe feels like a gourmand twist on the sexy librarian. Glasses, hair in a bun coming slightly unraveled, pencil skirt. The smokiness of the scent somehow reminds me of old professors that haunt the library, with the nuts and sugar steaming from the cup of coffee the librarian has in her hand. Love!

Got it, love it, may have to get another bottle.

The vibe feels like a gourmand twist on the sexy librarian. Glasses, hair in a bun coming slightly unraveled, pencil skirt. The smokiness of the scent somehow reminds me of old professors that haunt the library, with the nuts and sugar steaming from the cup of coffee the librarian has in her hand. Love!

I love sugared moondust and love that it has a lasting effect on me. I feel so sparkly and smart when I wear this - I get a sugared coffee with lots of creaminess. Very soft and beautiful. Have you tried Luna's Mocha?

I wore this two together the other day and I could not stop smelling myself.. I was a HOT Sparkly Coffee Sexpot