Sugared Moon Dust

luna65

i'm loving sugared moondust. at first the tobacco threw me off. it's not one of my first choices of things i would like to smell like, but wow, it is a haunting scent. it's very memorable. it makes me want to let my hair down and drift off to dreamland. it's almost two am and the scent is keeping me in an awake and relaxed state. it's as if some great moon goddess is wrapping me in a misty allure that's sweet and glowing. wet, the tobacco scent is strong. the only way i can describe the scent dry is as if someone is blowing out smoke over a mound of powdered sugar, and the sugar slowly sprinkles around and over roasting walnuts. this is something i will need to feel good on night's where i'm burning the midnight oil.

• 7 months later...

This is incredibly sweet, almost too sweet for me, which is really saying something as I am a huge fan of sweet smell! Sadly the nut smell ruins it for me, but that's just a personal thing. I can see how others, especially pink or sweet lovers, would adore this.

this was another scent that i wish i had a chance to try. sigh. guess i just need to haunt the trade threads for it

This is not sold out :) ... wearing it today,mmmm,forgot how much I liked it on me !!!

This is not sold out :) ... wearing it today,mmmm,forgot how much I liked it on me !!!

I wore it yesterday, and I forgot not only how much I love it but also how long it lasts--at least on me, a good 8 hours strong without fading!

I wore it yesterday, and I forgot not only how much I love it but also how long it lasts--at least on me, a good 8 hours strong without fading!

:lol: and I am wearing it today because I saw you wearing it yesterday over at the daily thread :hearts09793: ... still going strong on me too,it makes me smile :)

• 7 months later...

Ripped from my LP of the Day thread:

Today's pick is the first in my Sugard row: Sugard Moon Dust, unfortunately no pic of the label which is a very cute Deco kind of illustration of a woman hanging out on a sliver of a moon... No ingredient list, alas, either. Reviewers mention brown sugar, nuts, tobacco, an evocation of mother's milk, toffee. On me, it's a lovely sweet perfumed *something* I can't put my finger on. The notes that come out for me have never been *exactly* this or that. It's just a lovely skin scent to me.

• 4 months later...

THIS ONE IS A HUGE WINNER! Man! This one is delish! I slathered up in it. I am apparently a huge fan of sugared, nutty, creamy...and then there's that..."what is that other thing I'm smelling?" Looked it up when I got home yesterday and - tobacco? How did I NOT remember that? I'm a tobacco girl for sure. I KNEW that. How could I have forgotten that was in there? ANYWAY, this is scrummy. MAN! HOW DOES SHE DO IT? I have never found SO MANY things I would happily roll around in like catnip as I have here at LP! LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE LP!!! :hearts18:

• 2 months later...

This scent is beautiful! It's ethereal and soft- it's barely there on me, like a sheer veil of scent. A very skin like sexy smell. I put this on not remembering the exact notes.. I get mostly a powdered sugar and light toffee. It's sweet but in the softest, cozy way. This is a stealth, sexy girl scent- it's not perfumey. The delicate toffee sugar is a comforting smell to me and represents the moon well in this perfume. Got mine boosted with Cougar! For a sexy sparkle cloaked in moon dust....

Ooooooo....cozy Cougar...what a concept! I agree, SMD is wonderful! Glad you like it so much :)

• 1 year later...

This one, on me anyway, is a lighter, gentler variant of Nola or Abby Normal's... I find it very comforting and could see layering it with something to tone down the sweetness a bit. Same goes for Nola or ANDB... I have to REALLY be in that sweet-pastry-pecan praline kind of mood or my teeth start to hurt!

• 8 months later...

Stumbled over this one rummaging through my stash today for something I haven't worn in a while.

When I put it on, it was so faint I was kind of sad, thinking it had lost some of it's umph. :(

But within a half hour I was sitting at my computer and thought - wow, that smells great! And there it was! Just as scrummy as before!

How interesting that it seemed so understated when I applied it. Usually things come out of the bottle swinging and then settle down but today SMD did the reverse. No complaints though, as I could surely BATHE in this stuff! Still loving this fragrance and so glad to have a back up too :heart:

• 1 month later...

This one sounded so interesting in the description and am glad I got a sample to try it out. It was very nutty on me (nut, maple, pecan scents on me tend to amp like crazy), not much sweet or butter/cream. However as it dried down the tobacco softly appeared, reminds me a bit of my dad's pipe tobacco smell. I want to give this one another try to see how well it wears on me again.