Garland & Lace

Hi, I responded to you in your other thread as well.

If you want to post reviews of pheromone-enhanced scents, the main forum for that is here. This is the Welcome forum where new posters introduce themselves.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moved to the correct forum and merged with the correct thread..

welcome KD77!! As Luna said, please review pheromone blends in the Pheromone Arena, and please also do a search before you make a new thread, to check if there is already one established that you can add your opinion to, as this avoids any doubling-up on reviews.

Ta muchly! :666:

Many thanks lovely Luna!

Blessings

Ail )O(

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a sample to try out Lace. Lemme tell ya, I'm in love!

When I pop off the cap to sniff I get spices and the egg from the eggnog. First thing that comes to mind is French Toast! All wrapped up in warm, fuzzy, comfort!!!! mmmmmm.

I made the sample into a spray in a purse size sprayer so it may never leave my side. I spritzed a bit before I walked into my cell phone store, I've been having some trouble and it's getting time to upgrade the phone anyway. I'm barely through the front door and there were 4 reps. all asking to help me, one even a woman. I told them to had to "rock, paper, scissors" for me! :) The regional mgr was one of them, guess seniority won out. So he shows me the phone I'm interested in, talking up all the great features. Then he tells me about a discount he can get for me on a phone, then how he can also discount my monthly plan, saving me a significant chunk of change every month. He even offered me a job before I left! (I know I've posted about looking for a new job, but I can't do the retail hrs.) The next day he was blowing up my phone texting me about other discounts!

I won't go shopping for any services or higher ticket items again, w/o my G&L, or atleast slathered in Lace.

Oh, another little funny, though. The last few squirts were in the small sprayer in my bathroom. As I was getting out of the shower, I hear my son crying waking up from his nap. I grabbed my bathrobe, and as I swung it around to put it on, the sleeve knocked the G&L off the counter on to the floor, cracking the bottle, and the last few drops leaked on the floor. Settled down my son, run back to the bathroom. I can not lose any of the precious, so I'm on my hands and knees to swipe my forearm through the small puddle. Oh, stop....you know you'd do the same thing!

:) for G&L, yes, and worse!

:yeahthat::rolleyes:

CC what a fun post to read <except for the breakage of course>

I adore Garland & Lace ! I am hoarding two bottles of the original until the holdays,then I am going to just slather as MY xmas gift the whole month of December :)

I'm not sure if I notice anything different from men in general, but I definitely get my usual "You smell like HUGS!" reaction from both my male and my female friends. :(

I like that this is warm and spicy enough to be close to what I wear during winter, but light enough for year-round. I think I smell like cinnamon roll dough when I wear it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't believe I haven't actually commented on this yet. One of my favorite LP scents ever -- would happily wear it pheroless -- but the combo of the scent & the phero is phenomenal. Makes me feel like Marilyn Monroe in Some Like It Hot, and the hits are crazy... I'd say possibly even more than with just cops.

ETA Oh! and once when I wore it and wafted it at this perpetually grumpy, cross, hypercritical male acquaintance who doesn't like being touched (anywhere, ever), it turned him into a grinning goo-puddle who LEANED toward me and practically demanded to be petted, cat-like.

Edited by tyvey

I just got my bottle of this scent and it doesn't smell as good as I had hoped. It is very spicy on me. All I smell is very hot cinnamon. I also haven't gotten the feel good self effects that others have reported. :lol:

I haven't tested this as I not big on food scent. Maybe you should test again in a couple of weeks' time. I had similar experience with LP Red.

I always shake my (old or new release) bottles before application. This seems to be a popular scent here so I am sure someone will be happy to take this off your hands.

I just got my bottle of this scent and it doesn't smell as good as I had hoped. It is very spicy on me. All I smell is very hot cinnamon. I also haven't gotten the feel good self effects that others have reported. :lol:

Ohhh nooo...well this is by far the exception rather than the rule. How much did you use,and did you have on other scents before or while trying it ? I agree with JOC,try it again,at least.

I always "roll" my bottles before applying.Yes G&L is a spicy scent,one of the reasons I adore it. You will have no problems trading it,but please give it a chance! As far as the pheros,there are some people who do not get self-effects...observe how others react towards you.

Yea I will be sure to test it again before I decide to swap it, especially since I want to test how the pheros affect others. I did not put much on, should I try putting on more? I didn't put on too much since I thought that would just intensify the spiciness. Well I will try this again tomorrow and hopefully I'll like it better!

edit: Ok, maybe I did just need to roll it before applying it. I put some more on and it was still spicy, but not so intense. It smelled creamy also. My mom came in the room and said, "something smells good" and she always tells me how she does not like food scents. And this may sound weird, but can pheromones make your boobs grow? Mine are up 1.5" just from today. I don't know what else that can be from, they never swelled that much before!

Edited by bruiseviolet

As far as the pheros,there are some people who do not get self-effects...observe how others react towards you.

I have been a good girl. I have not tested the pheros or the pheros enhanced scents (except for MRF) I've ordered from LP. This is because my kids have been with me 24 x 7 for the last 2 1/2 months. I did not get any self-effects from most of the pheros from other companies either.

There is a whole thread about self-effects here:

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=4133

...and Shelly has a lot in her Journal,along with many others who do too,long before I started here :)

as far as how much to wear...well if you just don't like the scent,then it is what it is...I use what has become known as the "Mara Manuver" ,or close,I run a line from my neck thru my cleavege to my belly button,back up and across the top of my chest from side to side. I also put some on my inner elbows.For testing all the new goodies I use hands,wrists,knees,and then my nose usually times out and I have to wait a day :frown: ...do I learn...nah :)

Also...many times with pheros,less is more! ...experiment is the key.

Edited by Calii

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am going to post this here,as the other thread is not in the "phero" section" ...I am not much on what notes are what...but I know what I like ;) Hopefully this will be helpful to those who have found they like what I like too.

Garland & Lace,original...and G&L V3...oh how I wish I had the scentability to know how to describe the differences.

On me,the V3 is not as full or creamy,BUT,my original has had a year to age and mellow.Fans of G&L will not be disappointed,this is very very Yummy :)

ummm,going back and forth between the two,do have happez :)

It has been a while since I wore my Garland and Lace v. 2, so I'm not exactly sure how the latest incarnation is different. If I'm not off I think it might have a little more emphasis on the gingerbread than the second version, and possibly a little less creamy eggnog.

But I'm not certain of that-- and both of them are so good. Definitely a must-have.

Ok. I am doing a direct comparisson to Vol. 3 and Vol.1

there is only 1 thing that seems different to me and that is a hint of brown sugar in vol 3. It also has more staying power. my skin sucks up vol 1 like no tomorrow.

Ok. I am doing a direct comparisson to Vol. 3 and Vol.1

there is only 1 thing that seems different to me and that is a hint of brown sugar in vol 3. It also has more staying power. my skin sucks up vol 1 like no tomorrow.

Oh noes! Brown sugar is my death note!

• 2 weeks later...

During the first week or so, this was hot!hot! with a spice that smelled like Skelly Head Flambe, and something a little sharp and off... I swear I got a lot of cinnamon, too... now it's hot as hot or sharp, it's a spicy, unsweetened gingerbread scent, plus the sickly sharpness.

It's garnered a few "ewws" (and I can't say I could defend it, my chemistry's being brutal with this).

My chemistry changes more often than my contact lenses though, so I have hope! :P

The cinnamon's definitely less hot than in v2, and the ginger is relatively more prominent (ie, relative to the cinnamon)- they're more equal players than in v2. I'm still getting zero eggnog impression.

Oooh can't wait to receive this one! I wore G&L II for Christmas a LOT, and would constantly get comments from my Mom, who told me my perfume was "incredible", that she could smell it in the whole living room! ... no wonder why G&L gives such results! The carrier is too damn good.

just got my Garland and lace V.2 and it is stronger in the spice department for me compared to the other 2. it definately has staying power, more than the other 2 i think. still very lovely. Darling keeps saying i smell like pancakes whenever i wear a G&l, doesnt matter which volume.

I dunno- IMO G&L is super well balanced and personally I think you'd have to douse yourself in it fire-hydrant style for it to make people perceive or treat you as needy. To me the way the anol and est are mixed, at most, under normal use, it just makes people (women included) LIKE YOU a WHOLE LOT :D

I dunno- IMO G&L is super well balanced and personally I think you'd have to douse yourself in it fire-hydrant style for it to make people perceive or treat you as needy. To me the way the anol and est are mixed, at most, under normal use, it just makes people (women included) LIKE YOU a WHOLE LOT :D

Lace gives me the impression of fragile and loads of est. Hmmmm... maybe I should test it out at work one day and SOON!

Lace gives me the impression of fragile and loads of est. Hmmmm... maybe I should test it out at work one day and SOON!

You could be making a lot of EST by yourself, or EST just doesn't fit your personality. I really feel like with mones, there's no one size fits all. Kinda like fashion, you want to spend time figuring out what works with your body type, skin tone, and what is really YOU.

I am with Tyvey on this,Lace,at least in the G&L strength,on me,is just very very Fun,makes every body happy and the guys flirty too,which is a combo of the scent and the Phero,and how it makes me feel and project myself :) That being said I forgot I also had on some CompP to my chest today,so felt kinda hip-swinging too :001_302: And Mademoiselle is spot on that no one size fits all !

The semester is winding down. I'll prob road test this precious baby when I'm on vacation. In time to put in a new order when SS4W is avail. Yes ..... I have about 3 weeks of winter break and I'm heading home to the heat for a while. Swimming pool, here I come!

• 4 weeks later...

G&L V2 versus V3 : I stil have a 1.5ml vial of V2 (not much used because I was not really a fan of it) and I have a 1.5ml vial of V3. Yesterday I deceided to compare the two scents: V2 on my right wrist, V3 on my left wrist, after 1 hour I sniffed both: V2 smells more foody, the eggnog is quite strong on me, V3 is more spicy and developed a wonderful spicy but not very foody scent on my skin. This morning the V2 scent on my right wrist was gone but my left wrist still had this soft spicy scent. To my surprise, G&L V3 is now one of my favourites.