Garland & Lace

On application, it gave out the Christmasy vibes. At dry down, this scent reminds me of some elements of Teacher's Pest, Fade to Black and LP Black. When the spices drifts in and out, it reminds me of a heavier LP Red.

I'm bad at describing this, ain't I?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On application, it gave out the Christmasy vibes. At dry down, this scent reminds me of some elements of Teacher's Pest, Fade to Black and LP Black. When the spices drifts in and out, it reminds me of a heavier LP Red.

I'm bad at describing this, ain't I?

:)

...LP Black :Hug_emoticon: ,ok now that is really something different,I never got that on any version,I think you should wait week and try again. hmmm,I have not tried Teachers Pest or Fade To Black...yet :OUE9E4~111:

:lol:

...LP Black :o ,ok now that is really something different,I never got that on any version,I think you should wait week and try again. hmmm,I have not tried Teachers Pest or Fade To Black...yet :)

Looks like I'm really bad at this .... At certain stage I get the burnt cookie scent like MRF. Am I drifting further and further away ...............

LOL no you're pretty good! I think it's just that G&L is pretty spicy-creamy, and so is LP Black although balanced differently ... I personally just find LP Black soooooo incensey though which G&L isn't at all.

Thank you, Tyvey!

I got loads and loads of spice at the begining then it comes and goes after dry down. But I only get the burnt cookie scent from MRF (so far).

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bottle of Garland and lace 2009, the scent IMO is much lighter than G&L3! G&L3 has a very strong staying power whereas G&L2 fades on my skin within 30 minutes! :D I quite like the lightness of the scent, although it went a bit plasticky on me at one stage... now, it's cinnamon im getting but very faint almost like cinnamon powder! :) and not much cream??? Might try and combine it with my sugared cream to make it a bit "heavier" :):):) MMM... I think it will be wonderful :):):)

Wow, that's very surprising ... on me it is super heavy and creamy - doesn't take much and it lasts really really long ... your skin must love it ... ;) have you considered getting lpmp's CPS base to put under things so they don't disappear...?

Wow, that's very surprising ... on me it is super heavy and creamy - doesn't take much and it lasts really really long ... your skin must love it ... :D have you considered getting lpmp's CPS base to put under things so they don't disappear...?

I think it might just be my time of month that changes the nature of the scent... Might have to wait for awhile and test it again and see whether it's my skin or my nose! XD I actually got the G&L2 though trade so i dont think i can get it in CPS base?? OH and this is probably the only one fragrance i've expereinced that fades so quickly on my skin!! :):):)

Oh, I meant to get the CPS base by itself, which you can wear, first, by itself, to keep things from being swallowed up by your skin :)

Oh really?? I might get it! Because i THINK my skin eats up Denise's fressia and musk!!! :D:o:O You know what's funny... I tried G&L2 today and it smells like rice to me... Yummy rice pudding... :)

Wow, that's very surprising ... on me it is super heavy and creamy - doesn't take much and it lasts really really long ...

Oh,yeah,now that is how it is one me too :) Still my favorite of the G&L's...so far :lol:

I have a bottle of the CPS,it lasts forever!

Version 2 did the same thing to me, went plastic. V3 is awesome though! This latest version stays on a long time, I love it. It makes me feel all cozy. I feel comfy in my own skin when wearing it. Don't know if it's the "foody" notes or the pheros but I love the scent and feeling it gives me. It's like comfort food for my skin/chem.

Edited by Honeybee

Version 2 did the same thing to me, went plastic. V3 is awesome though! This latest version stays on a long time, I love it. It makes me feel all cozy. I feel comfy in my own skin when wearing it. Don't know if it's the "foody" notes or the pheros but I love the scent and feeling it gives me. It's like comfort food for my skin/chem.

All three versions of Garland & Lace have been a hit to me! Slight variations sure, but always very foody, sweet & spicy.

And all three last FOREVER.

I've been wanting to retest my G&L V3 sample but I just keep forgetting to bring it home! It's totally hot, spicy and foody to me.

I have a sudden urge to try out garland and lace 3 after my trial of the 2nd version... I have a feeling i will LOVE it even more this time round :witchnaner::):w00t: Gonna order a sample of it for my next month order :lol::):)

Testing G&L v2 right now. It was "whoa cinnamon!" at first. All spice and no sugar. Now after an hour it's mellowed into to a sugar cookie with a glaze of carmelized ginger. Very yummy.

Sorry for the double post.

I've now been able to compare v2 and v3 side by side. To me v2 is much spicier and has more throw while v3 is much softer and more foody. I totally get the maple note that was mentioned. My skin must find it delicious anyways because within 2 hours it almost completely disappeared.

• 3 weeks later...

Wore V3 this weekend to dinner with my bf...

Our waiter came by to tell us that he would take our order, but then another waiter came and said he would help us so we wouldn't have to wait. Um, he was in another section across the room, but I didn't think anything of it. He was so attentive and kept checking in on us, but he would always stand over by me and not my bf. I told him my choice of wine for the evening and he raved about what great taste I had.. it was their finest Italian red.. blah blah blah.. I'm not a somelier, how I choose my wine is..well I just go for the ones I can't pronounce or translate and figure those will be good. I forgot I was wearing G & L and thought he was a really good waiter until... he touched my back! TWICE!! My bf just smiled like it was the cutest thing and it was all rainbows and unicorns for this handsome tattoed fella to touch my back not once , but twice!

That's when it hit me! Omg it's the G & L! Then it dawned on me that our original waiter kept walking by and staring, like really staring not just I'm walking by with trays of food, but like walking by and staring openly. As we were leaving I noticed him pop his head out the emergency exit to watch us walk away!

I giggled. Bf also said I smelled so yummy.

• 4 weeks later...

G&L v.3: in the vial, the eggnog is most prominent; on my skin, the creaminess gives way to a pleasant spiciness, and I end up with mostly gingerbread.

It's a very cheerful, relaxing scent, and I can see how it's a great fit for this phero blend. I found my Holy Grail of gingerbread scents years ago though (drier and spicier), so I will try layering the two in order to properly test Lace. I'll report back!

Edited by Ishtar

G&L3 and Compromising Positions smell rather similar to me except CP is less spicy. I had these two scents on my shoulders over one weekend evening (so it's easier for me to sniff without being too obvious to everyone in the house) and my daughter couldn't help but snuggled very close to (G&L3 side).

Well hell--I didn't realize I hadn't put in my 2 cents' worth! I LOVE G&LV3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It smells spicy and sweet and kind of maple syrupy on me, and it's wonderful. Some of the kids I work with say I smell like pancakes when I wear it, and *they* love it. I've had a wait staff lady commenting on the maple syrup thing and huffing my aura repeatedly, and sending her cohorts to huff, too...plus more random hits from that staff. It elevates my own mood, and the moods of those around me. this stuff is pure gold! :Hug_emoticon::):ph34r:

I agree with you ElizabethOSP!! This stuff is GOLD! ;D I wore this a few nights ago and a friend of mine said the scent reminded her of her grandma IN A GOOD WAY XD It reminded her childhood memories of having cinnamon food at her grandma's place :Hug_emoticon::):) I LOVE the maple syrup :lol::019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co SO YUMMMMMYYYYYY!!!! :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

This has become my all-time favorite (V3). Never got to try V1, and V2 just didn't sit quite right with me, the cake was just a little too dry on me, but V3 = heaven! This starts out smelling just like a loaf of cinnamon sweet bread fresh out of the oven, then gradually settles into a comforting, total nomminess that lasts a long, long time.

I have had great reactions from men while wearing this. Though I tend to wear this not entirely solo, but with a mist of Lace 1x Beta spray on top. One was when a male friend of mine, in his 60's, was taking me to do some errands, then home (a good hour or so in the confines of his truck). At one point he turned to me and said, "I don't know what you're wearing but do you know that I have a stiffie?" LOL Then another time, I was at our little local bar, talking to this guy (quite younger than me) who was very nice but rather tipsy. He kept saying what gorgeous eyes I had, and then told me that I smelled so good, he just couldn't stop smelling me! (plus, I was wearing NO cops underneath)

I've also noticed when I'm wearing this around men, they tend to be more caring and protective of me. They want to give me things and do things for me. Don't know if it's the scent or the Lace phero or the combination of both, but I need to really stock up on this (I have 2 bottles, both half empty, that won't cut it, lol).

Awesome report SK :wub: ...I am so glad that Mara is going to be rebrewing this one,it is one of my all time favorite scent and phero combinations ever,I get compliments and cheerful people where ever I go...ummm,never had the stiffie effect,yet :love:

oh,wait,there was that one time,but I had Compromising Positions on too :)

I'm so glad she's re-brewing this! I'm sure it will be scrumptious! I love Compromising Positions too, those yummy gourmand cinnamon-sugar-vanilla scents get me every time! I've got G&L on right now, and I have to keep smelling my arm every so often, lol

Edited by Sillykitty

• 5 months later...

Slathered in V1,V2,V3...aaaand V4 :lol: to me,V4 is every bit as Yummy as V3 :jumpforjoy:

V1 will always be that special one I remember as it is my very first LP love,it has a thicker creamy-ness to it that the others do not,and I think I will try to stretch my last recently opened bottle out even further,ummm like maybe Xmas day only for the next decade,or so :rofl222: ... side by side,I don't like V2 as much on me anymore,hmmmm

Slathered in V1,V2,V3...aaaand V4 :lol: to me,V4 is every bit as Yummy as V3 :jumpforjoy:

V1 will always be that special one I remember as it is my very first LP love,it has a thicker creamy-ness to it that the others do not,and I think I will try to stretch my last recently opened bottle out even further,ummm like maybe Xmas day only for the next decade,or so :rofl222: ... side by side,I don't like V2 as much on me anymore,hmmmm

I'd be happy to lighten your load of any V2 you decide you may not like as much... :sleazy::lol2:

Well I'll be damned...I thought for sure I had a trial vial of V2 but I must have either given it away or left it somewhere...so I'll have to go from memory for comparison.

V1: very cake-y and the most gingerbread-like, IMO. Q loves this one so I had to hoard.

V2: Spicer, as I recall, I think it was more pumpkin pie on me than the other elements.

V3: Creamier, with an undercurrent of spice.

V4: Seems to be the most balanced in regards to all the ingredients but does have a creamier impression overall.

I'd be happy to lighten your load of any V2 you decide you may not like as much... :sleazy::lol2:

heh..."as much" still translates to really like :001_302:

...I could still smell all the G & L's this am :icecream:

It's the same recipe but the components might be somewhat different. M told me she thought the eggnog was the most prominent note in this version.

They're similar because they both have a gingerbread component, but Frosted is only iced gingerbread whereas G&L is a blend of different elements.