Garland & Lace

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes V5 is very much like V2!!! all spicy gourmand nomness...I love all versions,with the original being my fav,followed by V4...if you have not tried Garland & Lace at all yet,you really should ,there is a reason it is up to version 5 !!!!!!!!! :Emoticons04235:

This one smells Marvelous in the bottle so far - this is a TOTAL win FB and glad I didn't hold off on it.

I love Lace to pieces and this scent is AWESOME and seasonal and the MAN likes it too! I don't think it's ONLY seasonal though. I think it'll be great for the upcoming holidays but certainly these foodie delights can be worn anytime.

I wanted to wear the OCCO Black today but this one is SO delish that I think it may win out....I can always wear OC Black later tonight... :666:

This is a great scent phero combo. Just like G&L IV. I have to do a side by side or wear them booth for a bit to actually explain why they are, slightly, different. The first thing I might say is IV may not be as overtly foodie as V. Either the pumpkin notes are different in each version or the overall proportions of the notes are varied.

I'm glad to have both, though IV may still be a little more to my preference, there is no mistaking that the scent is super holiday wonderful in either version. The addition of Lace to such a warm, festive holiday scent is just intoxicating. A great holiday Phero/LP

Edited by StacyK

I have a full bottle I ordered unsniffed of this arriving shortly (a decision based on this review thread!), so I got out the sample today with a little trepidation--instant love!

I feel like I'm becoming a connoisseur of LP ginger scents, and this is a great addition to my collection. I LOVE the eggnog--both the creaminess and the nutmeg set this apart from my beloved Santa's Little Helper and Lizzy's Ebil Sugared Cookies. This is warm, festive and delicious. The ginger is totally soft, no edges whatsoever (sometimes I like spiky ginger, but if that's not your thing, don't worry, this is just a beautiful nommy cloud) and I'm already getting little butterflies in my stomach that I am guessing is the Lace hitting my system?

I'm going to wear this to my retail job today--that was actually one of the main reasons I invested in the full bottle, because I thought it might make the Christmas season bearable. I'm also going for a family Thanksgiving visit this week that I think this will be perfect for. I'm very lucky in that I both love and like my family, but when we get everyone in a small space for more than an hour, it can be a little... challenging sometimes to hold onto good spirits and not get stressed out. Hoping Garland and Lace v5 will work its magic there as well. I'll report back!

I got a bottle of G&L version 3--and it is WELL used!--but I never picked up version 4. I luuurrrrve version 3...but I think I LUUUUURRRRRVE version 5!!! :w00t: This new one is much more gingery-spicy on me, which I adore. It still goes all creamy spiced eggnog in the long drydown, but it's generally less sweet on me than version 3. 3 makes people say I smell like pancakes and maple syrup, which is delicious, but I don't always want to smell that sweet. Oh and since I was comparing them side by side...they smell GREAT together! Hee! Looks like I'll need a full bottle of version 5. :)

:burning-heart:

This scent is delicious. It makes me feel like a life sized gingerbread girl. It's totally foodie and perfect for the holidays. The pumpkin in it reminds me of Heartstrings. It's perfectly spicy, not too much or too little.

This will be carried in my purse for the rest of Nov and Dec!

because I thought it might make the Christmas season bearable.

You have no idea !! :lol: don't want to go hunt my posts,may have been in daily threads,but I have had G&L turn long grumpy lines of peeps into Xmas Carolers...I kid you not!! :Emoticons04263:

I'm going to wear this to my retail job today--that was actually one of the main reasons I invested in the full bottle, because I thought it might make the Christmas season bearable.

My sympathies to you on your retail job at Christmas.

I can't stand being anywhere near shopping centres from about mid November, what with the people and the loud music, and the people, and the bad children's entertainers, and the people...

Last year I had to do a little last minute shopping at a large shopping centre with awful, loud, abrasive Christmas music blaring from every speaker in every store, and even in the toilets. Then I walked into a decorative gift type store playing some meditation music instead. I stayed there for almost an hour. I feared that if I left the store I might have to start killing people.

^^^ :smiley-laughing024: and the people....and the people...HAHAHA! Yeah - I could see how G&L could help "the people" become more tolerable and help us survive the atmosphere at the same time! :D

My sympathies to you on your retail job at Christmas.

I can't stand being anywhere near shopping centres from about mid November, what with the people and the loud music, and the people, and the bad children's entertainers, and the people...

Last year I had to do a little last minute shopping at a large shopping centre with awful, loud, abrasive Christmas music blaring from every speaker in every store, and even in the toilets. Then I walked into a decorative gift type store playing some meditation music instead. I stayed there for almost an hour. I feared that if I left the store I might have to start killing people.

^^^ :smiley-laughing024: and the people....and the people...HAHAHA! Yeah - I could see how G&L could help "the people" become more tolerable and help us survive the atmosphere at the same time! :D

Aw, thanks you guys, both for the sympathy and the hilarious way of expressing it! I should say as retail goes it is mostly a dream job, because I work in an independent bookstore so for the most part am very spoiled by having lovely customers and quite fab music... nevertheless, this is the time when everyone is in overdrive, and the job goes from having some downtime and room for fun conversations with people while I'm ringing them up to just go, go, go and, of course, the giftwrapping....

However, I have come to learn over the years that MY attitude makes a huge difference--and so, regardless of the effect on others, if I am thrilled with the yummy scent and getting a little help from the pheros, it really transforms the experience.

Let me just add, this lasted beautifully all day Sunday, and even though the anticipated rush did not arrive and we had almost no customers, I had a great afternoon chatting with my co-worker and discreetly smelling my wrist. G&L has wonderful staying power! It's subtle and rides close the skin, but does not fade as some do on me. Wonderful stuff!

I love Garland and Lace version 5. It kinda of reminds me a bit of Version 3 because of the creamy dreamy yumminess.

I wore this on Saturday to run errands with bf and Jude. The dry cleaners sewed on a missing button for me for free! I don't know if it was because my bf gets his clothes dry cleaned for work all the time, or because I stripped down to a camisole to get measured for an alteration, or because of the Garland and Lace. I should of used the dressing room but I'm so fucking lazy and well a camisole is like a tank top really. Except mine was really tight and flesh colored and the girls emerged like two sunsets.. anyhow he said it was on the house! The button was not small either, it was a big coat button!

Bf also got a free coke from Jack in the box, I don't know if it was because I asked for it or because he always gets free shit thrown at him- just because. Whatever the case- I got a free button and coke, and I love Garland and Lace!!!

Vlad you have my full sympathy and admiration working retail at this time of year. I'd be on a murder rampage within hours. Besides lace, may I also strongly suggest balm bomb - it's the ONLY thing that has made me spare the lives of ppl around me in similar situations.

Edited by tyvey

I love Garland and Lace version 5. It kinda of reminds me a bit of Version 3 because of the creamy dreamy yumminess.

I wore this on Saturday to run errands with bf and Jude. The dry cleaners sewed on a missing button for me for free! I don't know if it was because my bf gets his clothes dry cleaned for work all the time, or because I stripped down to a camisole to get measured for an alteration, or because of the Garland and Lace. I should of used the dressing room but I'm so fucking lazy and well a camisole is like a tank top really. Except mine was really tight and flesh colored and the girls emerged like two sunsets.. anyhow he said it was on the house! The button was not small either, it was a big coat button!

Bf also got a free coke from Jack in the box, I don't know if it was because I asked for it or because he always gets free shit thrown at him- just because. Whatever the case- I got a free button and coke, and I love Garland and Lace!!!

Heee!!! LadyV, I think all three of you guys just have good energies, and add your sunset-girls and the G&L? Hah! TOTAL WIN. :Emoticons0424:

Aw, thanks you guys, both for the sympathy and the hilarious way of expressing it! I should say as retail goes it is mostly a dream job, because I work in an independent bookstore so for the most part am very spoiled by having lovely customers and quite fab music... nevertheless, this is the time when everyone is in overdrive, and the job goes from having some downtime and room for fun conversations with people while I'm ringing them up to just go, go, go and, of course, the giftwrapping....

Mmmm, independent bookstore job.... drooool.....

I am so filled with bibliophilic jealousy right now.

Vlad you have my full sympathy and admiration working retail at this time of year. I'd be on a murder rampage within hours. Besides lace, may I also strongly suggest balm bomb - it's the ONLY thing that has made me spare the lives of ppl around me in similar situations.

I sooo have to try Balm Bomb. I keep bypassing it for more exciting things, but it's beginning to sound like a necessity.

^^^ I know right! :w00t: This is a GREAT holidays scent! I wear Santa's Little Helper all year long though and I can totally see not just resigning this one to this time of year. This one brings up al kinds of cozy scent memories :heart708: PLUS people around me tell me how great I smell :)

Ai yi yi! I got my shipping notice for this Nov. 21st which would usually mean I'd have it in hand by now, but apparently the Season has begun as far as the post office is concerned, because Stamps is giving me no love in terms of updates since it left the point of origin.... Really hoping this comes tomorrow! I need me some yummy mood altering gingerbread goodness before I hit the road on Thursday!

ETA: OMG, it's here it's here it's here! Forgive me Stamps. You totally brought the love. :cat690:

Edited by Blackcat

What I like about v5 in comparison to the others is that it has a sort of prominent cakey smell to it this time; v3 and v4 were much more creamy, while v1 is spicy (and v2 even more so as I recall), but this one is more like gingerbread on me, though not entirely that quality over any other, just a nice well-balanced blend of notes. Despite my existing hoard I think I may have to snag a bottle of this one in Jan if I can!

Put on my G&L about half an hour ago, and was thinking how nice it is and if the Lace plays nice on me I might need to go fb in January, but now I see that it is breaking me out!!! Big itchy red splotches on the insides of both elbows - this has never happened before with LP. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Luna I totally agree. This is the first version since v1 that I have liked but for totally different reasons. V1 I loved for the eggnog accord. This one I love for the gingerbread. But it's not as spicy. You nailed it!

Put on my G&L about half an hour ago, and was thinking how nice it is and if the Lace plays nice on me I might need to go fb in January, but now I see that it is breaking me out!!! Big itchy red splotches on the insides of both elbows - this has never happened before with LP. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Yes I get that too. I can wear it on the very tops of my wrist only. The crook of the elbow is very sensitive as is the neck and chest area. Wash it off!

Halo it did break out my chest and neck too, but I ended up not washing it off and it went away in a few minutes. I wonder what it is in G&L that's not in any other lps? I'm going to keep testing it though, it's not unusual for me to break out in hives since I have a condition called dermatography where pressure on the skin causes an allergic reaction:( I'm hoping that after that initial skin-freakout I'll be able to wear it.

I wonder what it is in G&L that's not in any other lps?

It's not a question of that so much (because most of us haven't worn every other LP in existence after all) as just one of the accords having that effect with your skin chemistry. I've had this happen many times with blends with spices, and every version of G&L is usually a culprit.

Thank you Luna.....I would think ( from what I have read) that the spray would be fine with Lace since it is a social blend. The oils I have had trouble with had a large amount of spice in them so I think I will be fine with these. Also one I had that was mildly spicy made a red spot but it went away within a few minutes. The red areas were indeed on my inner elbows. Backs of my arm had no problems. Less sensitive skin no doubt.

Haven't even gotten my first box and I am thinking about January but that sounds like a completely normal reaction around here.

Amalthea I always swipe right down the middle of my cleavage fest and it burns like a mofo, it doesn't happen with all LPS, it usually goes away it's not something to be turned off about I actually think the girls are probably being turned on my the magic. It's like a big red racing stripe down my titties, usually goes away in second or five.

I have the same thing with G&L and occasional other spicy ones (eg buns of cinn) - and it always goes away after a short time. Plus whether it happens at all, seems to vary - how hydrated my skin is, time of year, time of cycle..

I just got my box today so I am sure scents will change a bit as they settle...but at this point the Garland and Lace smells just like the Heart Strings sample I got. I am sure the notes will change once on my skin but I can't test it tonight as I have Cougar Potion on right now. Can anyone compare the two? I know the Heart Strings is un-pheroed but scent wise just wondering what those thought that tried both.

Can anyone compare the two? I know the Heart Strings is un-pheroed but scent wise just wondering what those thought that tried both.

Garland & Lace is meant to smell like a combination of pumpkin pie, gingerbread, and eggnog. Heart Strings is meant to be a ginger cookie with pumpkin frosting scent. So no creamy eggnog note to it.

If I have 4 do I need 5?

They're different, at least to me, but that's subjective.

Garland & Lace is meant to smell like a combination of pumpkin pie, gingerbread, and eggnog. Heart Strings is meant to be a ginger cookie with pumpkin frosting scent. So no creamy eggnog note to it.

Luna, thanks so much. I love how Mara dies egg nog, so I'm probably going to be snagging a bottle of 5. Thanks again for the help Edited by dolphindolls2

Thank you so much. Once I applied them to my skin ( one scent each arm) I can smell the differences you described. In the bottle they smelled the same to me. Now I really like both scents..but my Christmas Tree now smells lightly of Garland and Lace. LOL

Edited by irish eyes

Unfortunately, this scent doesn't really do well on my skin.

In the sample vial it smells lovely; like Christmas and cookies and other good things.

But as soon as it hits my skin, one note (it's sort of like cinnamon but not quite; something spicy though) gets amped to high heaven and it Just. Will. Not. Quit....

I tried a tiny amount on my wrist a few times, and every time it just keeped getting stronger and stronger.

It's such a pity, because in the vial there are some notes that are really lovely!

Effects-wise, I did not seem to get many selfies, but I did get along great with an aquintance and his colleague I ran into at the cinema.

During the movie ('Inside Llewyn Davis'; boy, those Coen brothers aren't getting any more cheerful, are they? Good movie, but rather bleak) the guy sitting next to me, who was there with his (girl)friend, kept encroaching my space - it didn't feel like anything flirty, almost more like a territory thing.

Or perhaps he was just annoyed with me because he kept checking his phone during the movie and I held up my hand, shielding it, to it to indicate that the light really bothered me....

This is the only FB that doesn't seem to work (I've been really lucky in my unsniffed order otherwise!) so I'll probably put it up for trade - I could really use some Phero Girl instead! ;)

Edited by ssupytalp