Just got my sampler pack

quietguy

OK - After being registered here for ... well, I won't go into that, but I finally ordered and received my sampler pack.

I got:

North Shore

Thane

Excalibur

Soceror

Love Potion #9

Un

Miss Right ... now ( my usual idea of romance ... lol)

Bodice Ripper (a close second)

Vie de Boheme

Down & Dirty

My first impressions are good but also that these are very different scents from what I am accustomed to. I took a deep whiff of all of them just to get a feel for them. My first impression was that I am going to smell like food with several. Not necesarily a bad thing if it makes the Mrs. hungry for ... ummm, nevermind. I did notice that Vie de Boheme does smell like coffee just as advertised. I do not drink coffee but the wife does so that is good. In fact the first thing she gets in the morning is her cup of coffee. So ... there are possibilities there too.... Hmmmm.

I will post reviews as I try them.

Edited by quietguy

I would say La Vie is the only which is obviously foody in that it smells like coffee and biscotti. And some people get a very strong maple vibe with UN. But Down & Dirty for Him has more of a scotch-and-cigars vibe although some people might get sweetness from the tonka bean and anise. Otherwise it's all classic masculine notes blended in different enticing ways. And that's the important part; yes men like smelling good but WE like you smelling good even better! ;)

Enjoy!

Hey Quietguy...

You have some fab scents in that list!

I loooove Down & Dirty! It's very sexy!

One that I noticed you didn't have on the list was LP Three.... It's either unisex or for guys, but I have a bottle and it's really nice if you are after the more light & fresh scents similar to CK One and other like it etc

I got my sample pack on Saturday. I was wearing UN yesterday and I couldn't stop smelling myself. Unfortunately I wasn't around anyone else to see how they liked the scent but I know I do. I hope you enjoy the scents from the sample pack as much as I do. I noticed that they do smell much different on the skin than in the bottle.

One that I noticed you didn't have on the list was LP Three.... It's either unisex or for guys, but I have a bottle and it's really nice if you are after the more light & fresh scents similar to CK One and other like it etc

LP Number Three is sold out, I think.

I would say La Vie is the only which is obviously foody in that it smells like coffee and biscotti. And some people get a very strong maple vibe with UN. But Down & Dirty for Him has more of a scotch-and-cigars vibe although some people might get sweetness from the tonka bean and anise. Otherwise it's all classic masculine notes blended in different enticing ways. And that's the important part; yes men like smelling good but WE like you smelling good even better!

The coffee scent really jumped out at me with La Vie. I forget which of the other 2 seemed to remind me of food scents. Not overt food scents but something made me think of food.

I think I expected North Shore to be more "nautical" then came across out of the vial. The "woody/earthy" scent from the description I got was very much there. Again - not a complaint by any means - just an observation.

You are certainly right about Down & Dirty - it definitely did not have a food smell - lol. The tobacco notes fairly do jump out. It actually made me think of a bar my wife and I like to go to from time to time.

But again these observations are all based on only two rounds of smell testing out of the vial only. Colonges/perfumes can smell very different once they are on your skin and then they can smell different after they "dry down" and even more different after a couple hours as different notes come through.

I am really looking forward to trying all these. My wife told me a couple years ago that I could not get any more colognes until I had burned through what was then my current stock. Well, I am not quite there yet but ... close enough. LOL.

Enjoy!

Thank you - I already am!

I loooove Down & Dirty! It's very sexy!

So, have you tried it out on one of your surgeon friends?

Edited by quietguy

Colonges/perfumes can smell very different once they are on your skin and then they can smell different after they "dry down" and even more different after a couple hours as different notes come through.

Oh absolutely. As a long-time lover of fragrance and artisan perfumery I often draw a parallel between perfume and wine: both go through so many different permutations between their life in the bottle and exposure to air/your palate (wine), air/your nose and skin (perfume).

One thing DH loves best is that LP's smell so different on the skin than in the vial.

When he first applies Down & Dirty, it smells like brown sugar...very weird. But after a couple of minutes the musk and tobacco start to bloom and VAVROOM. I like that one...a lot.

The fun with LP is that everyone has very different tastes, different skin chemistry, and there is such a wide variety that every day can be a completely different olfactory experience.

Look forward to reading your reviews!