Blood on Snow

Beccah

AD-BloodSnow.jpg

Blood on Snow

A soft delicate web of sweet white notes – sugars and musks and moss - with bright red currant and a hint of resin. The scent of innocence and maternal nurturing...fans of our Spider Silk fragrance will enjoy this powdery protective blend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity, parental love.
SUGARS ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Protection, purification, consecration, exorcism.
WHITE MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
CURRANT ~ Success in love affairs, magickal representation of blood, believed to lessen menstrual cramps and pains of childbirth, maternal, feminine energy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't tested my sample yet, but I like it in the vial. Initially, I get sweet & fruity.

Somebody please review.....I have one coming and can't stand the wait!

This is beautiful. It's a soft, chilly berry scent warmed up by the white musk and frankincense, and the oakmoss gives the feel of silent surrounding woods. There's just a slight hint of fruity tang to the redcurrent, which keeps it fresh and alive. Like poetry in a bottle. B)

Edited by Invidiana

This was love at first sniff for me.

First wet blast is that lovely currant, but softer than in previous perfumes. DO you know the silent stillness that mutes all things after a snowfall? It's like that...then the oakmoss and sugars creep forward and coat everything with a powdery feel. This musk, when it appears, at least on me, is a slightly dirty musk (surprising since I think of white musk as more of a clean feel). I may be able to detect the frankincense, and I am a franky 'ho, but it is just a dim gold feeling weaving through the rest. In this case, after drydown is when I get the high, cold note that is the snow - I imagine that's the almost metallic frankincense.

Vaguely powdery, still and cool, with the drop of currant staining it with life.

I haven't put it on yet, but in the vial it is very fresh, slightly bright and the current is a dark berry. It is white on one side and red on the other.

Edit: I gave this a test run last night. I struggle to describe a scent when my skin changes it to this degree. My impression was that after dry down it is a unisex scent. The red current falls back while the white and musk take the stage. It has a certain edge to it. And a softness, but not feminine. Hard to pin down.

Edited by Isa

Oooh I'm so surprised everyone isn't all reporting on this one. I absolutely LOVE this one. It reminds me of my two other favorites, Blood Martini and Vampire Bait. When I first put it on, it's got a sharp icey edge. A bite... but when it mellows down...it becomes feminine and ultra sexy. It's got a bit of the "perfume" aura to it which makes it classy. I get berry. It's a sophisticated berry to it, not a "I love you Berry Much, aren't we cute berry" but a dark, over-ripe..(or maybe under-ripe) berry scent. I also kind of picture one of those snow-covered evergreen trees that get berries in the winter. I get just a touch of evergreen or something..but it's so subtle it's nothing pine treeish about it, it's just a brisk gust of winter, mountain air. Currant...is soo delicious and sexy when done right. Sometimes currant is just too much, too bitter and overbearing, but this is juuuust right! It's not as powdery to me as Spider Silk which I didn't care for. I've been playing around with Blood on Snow today and it blends really well with a tinky bit of Blood Martini which makes "berry" smell just pop a bit more. So I get more blood less snow. Yum yum! I also tried it layered with a bit of Wishcraft and got a Lustier, Bustier Floral. I really find this one to be super sexy! Ummm..I think I see a bottle in my near future.

Update: after wearing over a long period of time, I am noticing that the berry smell disappears a lot and I'm left with more of the mossy smell. So maybe I do wish there was a bit more berryish, curranty goodness in it. I still really enjoy this one and am loving to blend it with stuff.

Edited by Geena

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This reminds me of scents like Love at First Bite and Voodoo Valentine because of the currant. I love the red currant note, it's so incredibly tangy and cheerful. But in the drydown I do get that sort of chilly aquatic sense of powdery snow (not that I have that much experience with it, of course) and it's a really interesting evocation of the concept.

• 5 months later...

Tested a sniffy. ITA that there is a chilly quality to this - put me in mind of icicles and hardpacked frozen snow. Amazing effect. And I loved it in the vial.

However, I don't what currants ever did to my skin to make it hate them so much - it amps and makes them VERY sharp, even more than citrus, I mean like verbena or even menthol, especially when wet - just stabs me in the nose... :love:

• 4 months later...
is the frank in there strong? I like cool berry and sweet perfumes but am very iffy on incense. Would this one be a ok?

This is not incensy on me. Also, the currant is not as strong as I expected, which I think is a god thing. After it dries down, the currant disappears and it is soft, white, powdery and sweet. It's not too powdery though. I like it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just got this, and it's gorgeous. I may have to get one more bottle of this.

Definitely a lovely winter scent, very brisk and chilly, but with a warm heart. It reminds me of setting out in the snow, bundled up and warm all over except for the chill on your face. The currant notes peek out from behind the curtain, but outside it's all chilly snow. Adore!

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Took a chance on this one in the sale.

There are no flowers in this and yet it smells very lovely and floral to me. I am totally picking up the frankincense, which I LOVE. On the long lovely dry down this is just a very feminine scent. Not quite sultry, not quite girlie, but ALL around pretty.

I tend to slather...but yes, it lasts, oh I'd say ,4-6 hours and then becomes super light & sugary for another hour or so before disappearing completely :)

Edited to add that I LOVE those sugary finishes too!

Edited by NuTrix

This lasts and lasts and lasts on me. I wear it to bed sometimes, and I can still smell it long into the next morning. I love it for bed. It makes me feel cool, so I feel I have good reason to snuggle in under a million blankets. :)

• 2 years later...

One of the first I bought off Etsy. This is a lovely fragrance. One of those I consider to smell like an upscale department store fragrance which is how I describe them when I can’t pick out the individual notes because it blends so well. It is white, sweet, and feminine. But it also has a bright tone, not a citrus one – almost a cherry one and that’s the currant. It lasts, too. I love it. Everyone at home who smelled me liked it, too.

Yeah, I'm not even sure how this is still around! I don't wear it that often, but when I do I'm always glad I did!

The reviews Pony and Invi posted years ago are the two I most jive with for this. Looking at the notes you wouldn't really expect it , but it really does feel so quiet. The soft silent thick blanket of white coats the whole world, your out in nature, away from the city, and looking up at the perfect beauty of sparkling crystals covering pines and sharp clear icicles drawing down from the overhanging branches. The world is peaceful and pure white.

That's not to say it's a "quiet" perfume in the sense that it's a lightweight. It isn't. It has wonderful tenacity and throws about an arms length, which is perfect. It CAN have that classy commercial vibe to it, but it's very much a scent of place for me. The oakmoss and friends set the stage for a powdery base, with a texture just like fluffy snow, where the currant lends a shine..sort of like when you view the scene, the snow has come but now the sky is blue again, and the sunlight makes everything sparkle. It's not overly fruity, it's 'shiny'. So I love this. I'd wear it more, certainly, if there wasn't so many things to go through, but it's really a beauty. Soft, sweet, powdery, sparkly and 'solitary'.

If there's any left, you should get some. :)