Bodice Ripper

Invidiana

Didn't find a thread anywhere else, so my apologies if there is one...

Well I did have the courage to try this since I had a sample, not slather it, just dab a little on my hand. It really is very masculine, too masculine for me, but a drop-dead sexy scent for a guy: very deep, dark, and earthy (earthy as in depths of the forest, not soil) with some dark florals in the background. Really does capture the sexy label dude! When I bag myself a man I'm definitely getting him some of this.

isn't it a GREAT scent ? I love it and had been considering getting it spiked w/a male phero, unsure of which one though 06.gif

I get a lot of patchouli out of this which I love. My beloved's skin does something awful to patchouli, he's more of an LP#9 guy. So I haven't tried this on him yet. I can smell the moss, which makes this like heaven for me. I will be wearing this myself.

I'm actually thinking of a full bottle purchase of this for myself.. I really like it!

well I freaked for Bosom Bows which was woodsy, this sounds right up my alley!

Liz, Wanted Man. You want to spike it with Wanted Man,lol.

I get a lot of patchouli out of this which I love. My beloved's skin does something awful to patchouli, he's more of an LP#9 guy. So I haven't tried this on him yet. I can smell the moss, which makes this like heaven for me. I will be wearing this myself.

Correction, this blend does not contain patchouli in the note list. I guess I'm just getting an 'earthy' note, which I automatically associate w/patchouli. I will be trying this on TT.

come on, I'm not the only female who's tried this!

If you go back through the reviews you'll see I'm the one who usually wears the male fragrances first. ^_^

This is a classic fougere to my nose, but with violet instead of lavender. Even with the floral aspect it is very male to me. When the violet fades and I'm left with the sandalwood and moss, it is very much *purr*. It reminds me somewhat of Alternative Breeding's Dig Deep, which is also a dark and earthy type of violet scent. I didn't get a chance to smell it on Q yet but I did give it to him to wear, I figured it would be fitting for a visit to Merrie Ole.

Edited by luna65

The more I read about this, the more I want it FOR ME !! when's that boy/boy gonna be ready ?

• 2 weeks later...

On me, this one starts with a very green note, backed with woods and sweet resin. I don't get the floral that others mention. I find this, not woodsy exactly, because it has a polish and class to it that you wouldn't find in nature, but woody definitely, and green, and sweet without being foody. Upscale were-wolf maybe.

As it dries, the green note mostly melts away, and it's just warm and sweet and sensual. I can see this as being a masculine scent, but I love it on me. I wore it to a Christmas party and when hugged by men got complimented on how good I smelled, so I think this isn't one of those cases where I love the smell of men, and therefore love the scent, but that it actually does work on me.

Veddy nize. I smells delish.

• 2 weeks later...

busted out the sample vial for a change of pace after rocking the pheros for a few days. it is sort of like a softer, almost powdery version of an aftershave my father would wear. i get the moss & sandalwood, but there is the hint of violet peeking out, too. totally sexy man smell on me...a wrist-huffer for sure! 003-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.com].gif

Ah this reminds me, Q sent me an email when he wore it:

The Ripper one, my Mum says I smell very posh now.

Which of course made me say, "Awwww!"

The Ripper one, my Mum says I smell very posh now.

Awwww...posh indeed.

DH is wearing this today for another trial. This is a rich, very masculine scent. Violets, to me, are a very manly floral. In fact, this hits my nose as rather classically male. At first, a blast of high coolness, then it warms a bit with dusky sandalwood & violet. Calls to mind a more distinctively masculine Dark Seductions, which DH wore quite a bit.

A good daytime scent with a strong signature.

Sorry I am taking so long adding any reviews here but I like to wear things (colognes and esp. pheros) a few times before I make any commentary.

I have worn this scent about 3 times now and I like it. It is a deep (almost dark?) scent. There is a floral note to it but it is definitely very masculine. No negative comments from the wife so that means it is good. (She seldom comments on a cologne unless she does not like it or it is too heavy.) Scent is strong enough that it is there but not so strong you become the stinky "cologne guy".

So - if you are a guy - this definitely a good scent to try. You certainly are wearing a cologne but even with 4-5 drops you are not overpowering. And it is certainly masculine enough to wear around your male friends without being told you smell "pretty". Guys know what I mean.

• 1 month later...

I slathered my man with this one yesterday.....OMG......told him I have a bottle in transit.....he says....."I need more than one.....if it starts to sell out, get two.....or three......"

After drydown it really blooms on him, and it just a full-bodied, deep manly scent.....I also like that it coordinates rather well with CFM, which is what I was wearing yesterday....

• 4 weeks later...
I slathered my man with this one yesterday.....OMG......told him I have a bottle in transit.....he says....."I need more than one.....if it starts to sell out, get two.....or three......"

After drydown it really blooms on him, and it just a full-bodied, deep manly scent.....I also like that it coordinates rather well with CFM, which is what I was wearing yesterday....

I must repeat....this one is FABULOUS on my man! I had to buy him a couple of bottles, because he fell in love with it.....he said that out of all the ones he has, he likes this one the best.....

• 4 weeks later...

I mixed DH's sample into a spray with Diane's DownGirl, and every time he puts it on I light up with "Oh, what is that you're wearing?" It is a very sexy, dark maleness. The alcohol lightens it up a touch, but it still screams "MAN" atcha.

I mixed DH's sample into a spray with Diane's DownGirl, and every time he puts it on I light up with "Oh, what is that you're wearing?" It is a very sexy, dark maleness. The alcohol lightens it up a touch, but it still screams "MAN" atcha.

Oh wow, that would be a killer combination! ;)

• 4 months later...

Mmm, this was the first scent I tried from LP. I believe this was a suggestion from someone from the PT forums... probably Bosshank. I asked for a nice scent that wasn't overpowering and stayed close to the skin and recommended Bodice Ripper. TBH I was a bit skeptical after reading about it and held off on the purchase till a few days later. I'm glad I got it though. =D

When I first put it on, I thought it smelled really... heavy, complex. Probably because I'm use to really simple, bland scents that everyone else wears. After 30 minutes or so, I found myself starting to REALLY like it. I ended up using it for a week before I started to realize I was running out and had to force myself to try another sample. I have a hard time describing what it smells like, but I guess it's the manliest floral scent I have ever smelled. In retrospect, the description of it is good. When I first used it, I had no idea what to say about it. It just smelled GOOD. It gave me a lot of the "what is that smell?" impression followed by a moment where you try to collect your thoughts together to figure it out. I'm pretty empty with my sample over like 12 applications and I can barely put together a vague idea of what it smells like. I figure if women like it as much as I do, it can't be that bad. The floral scent in it is kinda what hits me first, but immediately following it is some scent I can't describe that turns it pretty masculine. Unfortunately for me, I missed seeing this on the sale list, but it is definitely worth buying a full bottle for IMO. It's one of my favorites of all the scents I've tried so far.

Mmm, this was the first scent I tried from LP. I believe this was a suggestion from someone from the PT forums... probably Bosshank. I asked for a nice scent that wasn't overpowering and stayed close to the skin and recommended Bodice Ripper. TBH I was a bit skeptical after reading about it and held off on the purchase till a few days later. I'm glad I got it though. =D

When I first put it on, I thought it smelled really... heavy, complex. Probably because I'm use to really simple, bland scents that everyone else wears. After 30 minutes or so, I found myself starting to REALLY like it. I ended up using it for a week before I started to realize I was running out and had to force myself to try another sample. I have a hard time describing what it smells like, but I guess it's the manliest floral scent I have ever smelled. In retrospect, the description of it is good. When I first used it, I had no idea what to say about it. It just smelled GOOD. It gave me a lot of the "what is that smell?" impression followed by a moment where you try to collect your thoughts together to figure it out. I'm pretty empty with my sample over like 12 applications and I can barely put together a vague idea of what it smells like. I figure if women like it as much as I do, it can't be that bad. The floral scent in it is kinda what hits me first, but immediately following it is some scent I can't describe that turns it pretty masculine. Unfortunately for me, I missed seeing this on the sale list, but it is definitely worth buying a full bottle for IMO. It's one of my favorites of all the scents I've tried so far.

Great to see another man pop in to visit with us! Welcome!! Bodice ripper is my man's fave as well.....he had the same impression as you initially......at first, he said it was too strong and girly, but after a few minutes, it turned very masculine, and he decided that he needed multiple bottles.....

Unfortunately for me, I missed seeing this on the sale list, but it is definitely worth buying a full bottle for IMO. It's one of my favorites of all the scents I've tried so far.

there are still ALOT of bottles left Zeph, go ahead....you know you want a bottle *evil enabler snickers*

there are still ALOT of bottles left Zeph, go ahead....you know you want a bottle *evil enabler snickers*

Sigh, after seeing it, I was really really tempted to put in an order but there's a $30 minimum. That and I've already spent a bit over my budget. And it doesn't help that you're tempting me more! :Polar-pressie:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Gotta be honest, when I'd first gotten a sample of this quite a while ago (when I first discovered LP I bought the men's sample pack) and wasn't exactly loving this. Apparently my tastes have evolved because on a whim I bought a bottle of this recently. Rolled some on and thought, 'Wow, violets.' But it dried down very nicely into a masculine floral/woodsy scent. a friend of mine kept getting close to talk to me and I finally figured it out after she asked what scent I was wearing. She wanted a closer sniff. This is one that on me seems to stay close to the skin but smells fantastic!

• 6 months later...

Am I a freaking lamehole for not buying this during the sale??? I sniffed my sample in August and didn't like it. Last night it was cold and I thought.. hmm Bodice Ripper let's meet again. OMG I am sooo in love with this one. It's so very dark but comforting. I detected a powdery sugar or something almost baking on me, and then the oakmoss... I fell in love with this last night. It's perfect for right now. I felt so secure even as this scent was raping and choking my wrist. I didn't care it was entirely pleasurably dark for me. This is Masked Man's evil foe. Masked Man is Batman and Bodice Ripper is The Riddler or Penguin can't decide. Maybe Lex Luther. This is a serious sexy and damn seductively enchanting scent. I'm bewitched!!

• 1 month later...

I decided on a whim to wear Boddice Ripper the other day and my GF who is used to me wearing all sorts of random scents really, really liked this one. It is okay to my nose (I just don't associate masculine with floral) but she really likes it and has requested I wear it more often. Her two favorite scents are Mark's Tonka Tobacum and Boddice Ripper (still having her smell some of the other scents on me). I wish she was more of a perfume wearer but even so, she does appreciate my stinky habit.

...I have a hard time describing what it smells like, but I guess it's the manliest floral scent I have ever smelled. In retrospect, the description of it is good. When I first used it, I had no idea what to say about it. It just smelled GOOD. It gave me a lot of the "what is that smell?" impression followed by a moment where you try to collect your thoughts together to figure it out. ...immediately following it is some scent I can't describe that turns it pretty masculine. Unfortunately for me, I missed seeing this on the sale list, but it is definitely worth buying a full bottle for IMO. It's one of my favorites of all the scents I've tried so far.

22:45 I too have absolutely no idea how to describe this scent. When I first put it on (4-5 drops), I got a sense of something deep, complex, and oily.

23:15 It took about 30 minutes for me to be able to pick anything out of here. According to the spec sheet there's Amber... and Violet... and Moss... the Sandalwood is back there, but it's not prevalent at first.

23:17 ... Ok, I just couldn't resist dabbing a little more on my left wrist and rubbing the two together [again]. I like feeling the scent becoming more and more complex as it dries down.

If THAT is what Violet smells like, I want to open a flower shop.

Gotta be honest, when I'd first gotten a sample of this quite a while ago (when I first discovered LP I bought the men's sample pack) and wasn't exactly loving this. ...But it dried down very nicely into a masculine floral/woodsy scent.

I put off trying Boddice Ripper; because, in the bottle, it just didn't "grab me" (you know, the way something like Mark's Tonka Tabacum just reaches out and takes hold of you).

But when I put it on [bR] it woke up and began to spread out.

23:20 Let's let this develop for another few hours and see what it becomes.

----------------------------------------------------

03:15 - There's a hint of something floral and spicy here that intrigues me.

----------------------------------------------------

07:00 - Ahhhh... AMBER. My application of Boddice Ripper still lingers on my wrists. And, there is a light, complex sweetness that must be the Amber. There is also the faintest hint of a spice (perhaps within the Amber).

I'm liking this a lot! Yep, it's a keeper.

Edited by Jones

If THAT is what Violet smells like, I want to open a flower shop.

It's a guy violet, lol. Violet is one of those florals you can either lighten or darken, which is why it's good for male fragrance.

• 4 weeks later...

I love this on my beau. It starts off as a very sweet, violet and amber but in under an hour the sandalwood and moss start to peep through marrying with the sweeter top notes. I really like how it stays so close to his skin and lasts for hours. It is very sexy and unique, I have never encountered anything like it before. Gorgeous.

• 3 weeks later...

22:45 I too have absolutely no idea how to describe this scent. When I first put it on (4-5 drops), I got a sense of something deep, complex, and oily.

YAY Jones!!! I get that oily thing at first too, around the edges. I also smell it in the vial. I thought, WTF?!? The notes in here should lay me out in a dead swoon. But then...they DO! I haven't the foggiest idea why I'd get OIL. It leaves almost immediately, thank the Gods of scents!

So I've been stealing Mr. Matt's vial of Boddice Ripper...regularly. I finally just took it into MY stash. We're both wearing it today (I let him have some :666:) This is fascinating and beautiful. On me, it morphs into a deep, soft, round, warm, violetish NOMNOMNOM. It's sophisticated, comfortable, and embracing. On Mr. Matt, it gets a brief pleasant green note (?!?), which subsides quickly. It ends up with more sandal, but still definitely violet nommy. Same kind of sophistication and warmth on him. *sigh* It's a good damned thing our tax return is coming, because we need more of this.

:burning-heart:

amber, violet, sandalwood, moss

• 2 months later...

This is just really so delicious, I had to drop in and say it again. My other half was wearing this the other night and I could see why its called body-ripper the dark sexy musky florals are a real turn on.

Is there any female equivalent to this perfume?

I really love the notes in it and would love to wear the 'her's' version?

There's no women's version but probably the closest resemblance would be a scent like Dolly's Dark Side or the original Dark Seductions. Or Velvet Moss.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are into masculine floral scents this is one you will definitely want to try. My GF is unfortunately not into masculine florals but she does seem to dig Excalibur (a lot!)

• 4 months later...