I was just browsing Love-Scent based on a question posted on AD. It seems one of the women there couldn't find EOW in the love scent store. I went on there to help out, you know find the link & send it to her. Well, she's right, it's MISSING!!!!

Crap!!!

I was just browsing Love-Scent based on a question posted on AD. It seems one of the women there couldn't find EOW in the love scent store. I went on there to help out, you know find the link & send it to her. Well, she's right, it's MISSING!!!!

Crap!!!

Better direct her here, haha.

No, the Love-Scent store (where I always got it in the past). But, whew! They have it here (I never noticed since I have a full bottle still from LS).

Unfortunately, I can't post a link to the LP store for this woman, as I will be BANNED by the evil Big Brother at AD :gasp:

aint that the truth!

beeee carefulllll.

your best bet is to have her email you if you trust her.

I *used* to buy EoW at LoveScent, and it rocked, but since I have tried it in oil-form here I will NEVERRRR go back.

The "throw" in oil form isnt half as big (which is great because who wants the guy she is with to get so overwhelmed with copulins that he doesnt know from which direction they are comming??? heh. ) the oil melds with the medium that the LP's are in, and EoW oil here is consistant. I havent experienced variance with it yet.

On another note,

why is anyone in this industry so insecure if their product is top-notch?

you *should* be able to mention something ,as long as you are not offering a full-blown advertisement for another store!

Even their PMs are censored.

I can confirm that with CERTAINTY.

arent they shutting-down?

I heard they were saying good-byes to people.

Maybe just the forum.

I can confirm that with CERTAINTY.

arent they shutting-down?

I heard they were saying good-byes to people.

Maybe just the forum.

I somehow missed that..... when did that happen?

I wouldn't send a PM. After what happened with Diane, I believe that Big Brother even has access to PM's there.

I somehow missed that..... when did that happen?

I wouldn't send a PM. After what happened with Diane, I believe that Big Brother even has access to PM's there.

it has been talked about in the forum where they talk about company/store stuff for the last year, but I recently had someone tell me they read something to that effect in the chatbox at the bottom of the forum.

like I said, its probably just a dropping of the forum, so that they can make room for something new and improved.

I still wish they were the place I signed up for in 2006.

Back then, they werent anything like how it is now.

it has been talked about in the forum where they talk about company/store stuff for the last year, but I recently had someone tell me they read something to that effect in the chatbox at the bottom of the forum.

Heh ... I just took a look at the chat box and I think on New Years Eve they were just joking around about "shutting down for the decade."

Heh ... I just took a look at the chat box and I think on New Years Eve they were just joking around about "shutting down for the decade."

lol

well they have been talking about the forum being shut down for so long I thought something they said actually came to fruition!

not that it would matter,

its a hydra anyway.

not that it would matter,

its a hydra anyway.

Ain't that the truth!

On another note,

why is anyone in this industry so insecure if their product is top-notch?

you *should* be able to mention something ,as long as you are not offering a full-blown advertisement for another store!

Oh,how I agree wih this statement! One of the many reasons I am glad I found this place...

I have ordered 2 bottles of EoW from Lovescents recently, well, last week to be precise. Both bottles had a weird identical problem. They were leaking because the rubber cap started to stick to the glass bottle, and kind of tear appart. I informed LS of that, and they were great as usual, and sent me another batch.

The two other bottles I got as replacement had the same issue again. One leaking, one about to. On both bottles the rubber part was loose and coming off. I sent the four bottles back to LS, I wonder if it has to do with the super cold weather, maybe something froze, or maybe it's a manufacturer problem.

I haven't heard back from them, but they might just be going through their inventory right now, to make sure they don't sell faulty bottles.

Who knows?...

I have ordered 2 bottles of EoW from Lovescents recently, well, last week to be precise. Both bottles had a weird identical problem. They were leaking because the rubber cap started to stick to the glass bottle, and kind of tear appart. I informed LS of that, and they were great as usual, and sent me another batch.

The two other bottles I got as replacement had the same issue again. One leaking, one about to. On both bottles the rubber part was loose and coming off. I sent the four bottles back to LS, I wonder if it has to do with the super cold weather, maybe something froze, or maybe it's a manufacturer problem.

I haven't heard back from them, but they might just be going through their inventory right now, to make sure they don't sell faulty bottles.

Who knows?...

It's an age issue. The rubber on those dipper caps is unstable, and the acidity of the contents has eaten away the rubber. The actual product should last years and years and years, but the container they are using is a problem. (I knew that when I chose to use the silicone roller ball housing for our version - it won't degrade like that.)

You can either replace the cap yourself with a new one of the same, (it should last maybe 2 years), or transfer the entire contents into another bottle like the ones we have with the silicone tops. I would reject bottles that have had their contents exposed to the air or those that may have absorbed dissolved rubber.

It's an age issue. The rubber on those dipper caps is unstable, and the acidity of the contents has eaten away the rubber. The actual product should last years and years and years, but the container they are using is a problem. (I knew that when I chose to use the silicone roller ball housing for our version - it won't degrade like that.)

You can either replace the cap yourself with a new one of the same, (it should last maybe 2 years), or transfer the entire contents into another bottle like the ones we have with the silicone tops. I would reject bottles that have had their contents exposed to the air or those that may have absorbed dissolved rubber.

It is the nature of the fatty acids of the EOW and the rubber caps... these two don't mix, well actually they do, sort of.

It is a chemical truism that like dissolves like. And rubbers are long chain carbon polymers. The carbon chains of the fatty acids dissolve rubber because they are structurally alike.

To understand how this works, try to dissolve a little salt in a drop of oil... it doesn't work, because salt is ionic. If you try the same thing with a drop of water, the salt dissolves instantly because water is also ionic. This is what is happening with the dropper caps of EOW.

I got a bottle last summer that lasted about 3 months and then the top fell into the bottle. I put the whole thing in another, slightly larger, wide mouth bottle with a silicone cap and taped around the edges. I keep the EOW from LS as a reference, and wouldn't give any of it to anyone to use because of the dissolved rubber that is now in the mix.

Diane

Edited by Diane999

What's weird is that I have some older EoW bottles that are still unopened, and nothing's wrong with them. I might have like a 2 or three, about a year old, totally fine. Go figure.

I have some bottles to transfer the EoW to, I'm not too worried about that.

At least I know the melting rubber cap has happend to other customers. Hopefully they can fix it soon. A separate dropper wouldn't be such a bad idea.

What's weird is that I have some older EoW bottles that are still unopened, and nothing's wrong with them. I might have like a 2 or three, about a year old, totally fine. Go figure.

I have some bottles to transfer the EoW to, I'm not too worried about that.

At least I know the melting rubber cap has happend to other customers. Hopefully they can fix it soon. A separate dropper wouldn't be such a bad idea.

i thought mine were fine too untill i noticed the smell being different.

there actually was a burnt-rubber scent to little amounts of the cap/dropper seal melting and then melding with the EoW.

mine was only a year old.

maybe different batches have different seals.

i thought mine were fine too untill i noticed the smell being different.

there actually was a burnt-rubber scent to little amounts of the cap/dropper seal melting and then melding with the EoW.

mine was only a year old.

maybe different batches have different seals.

Ok, thanks for the tips. I am gonna have to check my older bottles then. Haven't heard back from LS yet.

Actually, it depends on the concentration of the copulin fatty acids. Because they are so volatile a great deal of them can end up in the air space between the liquid and the cap. Unfortunately, even stored upright, the rubber will dissolve.

Replacing the top with a tight sealing silicon-lined cap is really the only way to go.

I've bought 2 bottles of EOW last year from LS, and Lor sent me a third, also from there. The first one I used up mostly in trying to blend a dilution that was low enough that it didn't overwhelm my fragrances. The second, I spilled part of and my hubby made me toss the rest. The third, I kept sealed in a lock top container. It was the only one I had for more than a few months and this one the rubber tip totally dissolved and fell into the bottle.

Each of these smelled completely different, and I don't know why. The first smelled like rancid cheese. The second smelled like old fruit. The third smelled more like pure copulins in their acidic form, but it was also the one that ate the rubber.

Diane

Edited by Diane999