Love Potion: Silver

katz

Oh, how do I begin? Ok, up front, I love this one. It was one of those 'love at first sniff' bottles for me like LP Green, LP White, Bravado, etc...

The only other floral LP I'm head-over-heels in love with is Betrothal...(ok, and the S.G. Gardenia scents!) This is gentle in a Betrothal sort of way, but not the *same* at all.

Gentle, it's white musk and vanilla softness...prrrrr.

Slightly fruity - I AMP fruits, but the apricot and pomegranate, and pear are NOT overwhelming. YAY!

Floral - the lily is *gorgeous*...

Patchouli - It's in there, giving this one a nice backing along w/the white amber.

I picture myself wearing the perfect pair of jeans, a gorgeous white cotton blouse on...wandering thru a shady garden in spring on that *perfect* day. It's so...lovely. It 'fits' me.

AND it has pretty shiny silver flakes! So cool!

hooray!

ooooh sounds like it everything I hoped it would.

Im totally peeved at me for not getting a full bottle.

your description was wonderful....thank you katz.

:PIGEON~12:

<sigh>

Oh it sounds so gorgeous. I can hardly wait. As I sit here on a gloomy overcast day with flakes of snow falling softly - I want a breath of spring loveliness. Oh I hope it is like one of those March days when it isn't quite Spring, but you can feel the changing light - no longer the grey of winter, but coolly silvered with hints of the future.

<sigh>

Oh it sounds so gorgeous. I can hardly wait. As I sit here on a gloomy overcast day with flakes of snow falling softly - I want a breath of spring loveliness. Oh I hope it is like one of those March days when it isn't quite Spring, but you can feel the changing light - no longer the grey of winter, but coolly silvered with hints of the future.

ooh, well phrased! It does have that feeling of "anticipating spring" - much betterer than I could describe. It's warm and cool, sunshine on silver. Yes.

ooh, well phrased! It does have that feeling of "anticipating spring" - much betterer than I could describe. It's warm and cool, sunshine on silver. Yes.

SQUEEEE!!!!! Oh I hope it evokes that on me!!

My packy left Denver - I might get it today.

<sigh>

That's what I've been hoping for. Also why when march is here and it's time to change the clocks I get some extra oomph in my mood. Longer daylight feels like the beginning of fun and hope and good times. I can't wait to try this one since it sounds like that my be the feeling it exudes.

I got my happy package today! This is the star of the show for me. There is a fruitiness to the floral. Overall the fragrance has a cool, sleek elegance to it. It's almost like the silver flakes add their own note to it. Oh what I wouldn't give to get my hands on LP White. I absolutely adore this one, & I kow I would have loved that one.

I got my happy package today! This is the star of the show for me. There is a fruitiness to the floral. Overall the fragrance has a cool, sleek elegance to it. It's almost like the silver flakes add their own note to it. Oh what I wouldn't give to get my hands on LP White. I absolutely adore this one, & I kow I would have loved that one.

Me too Beccah....I just love LP Silver (used almost half the bottle in one weekend) This is my new fav... I would love to try LP White as well....*sighs* we can always wish right?

Me too Beccah....I just love LP Silver (used almost half the bottle in one weekend) This is my new fav... I would love to try LP White as well....*sighs* we can always wish right?

opened my bottle just now.... This was VERY NICELY DONE Mara & Danna, oh and JoAnna too ! If I recall it was her idea !! Kudos to all !! :Hug_emoticon:

I love all the LP variations, so this is an easy sell for me.

The fruits are light and "cool", in keeping with the Silver moniker. After drydown I can surely detect the LP base, with a powdery dusting of...is that a spring snowfall, or silverleaf? It's LP, but with a lighter, cooler, higher note.

I like!

This is just gorgeous. It's cool and uplifting while still managing to have a certain warmth and depth to it as well. There's just the right touch of mint to give it that hint of coolness, but this isn't really a 'minty' fragrance at all; I get hints of champagne as well but also just enough to give it that sparkling feel without taking over. The more it dries down, the more the fruits, sweet musks and white amber come out, light and ethereal but still somehow giving it depth and grounding. There's also a coyly sexy edge which is probably brought on by the light patchouli. A downright beautiful blend I won't be able to reserve just for winter!

This one is lovely! One me it's very similar to Karmiel's Silken Moonlight except it's less vanilla, and instead has a green watery floral note to it. I reckon I amp the white amber in it...I've noticed the same with some of the scents from NA that have white amber in them. ;)

It seems my skin loves this one a bit too much though...after 30 minutes there's not much left except a faint green floral...

Edited by Rosebud

For me this is very clean and clear, it's got even more of a "transparent" quality than LP White. There's a faint hint of the base and the fruit/floral, but the fruit is much more present in the vial than on my skin. Whereas Green was very sweet with some plant-like notes, and White was very soft and powdery and delicate, Silver really is like ice, or the qualities I ascribe to ice in that it has a crystalline aura to it. Again, I feel like I actually got it right with my description, heh.

And the sliver leaf looks really cool, like little icicles in the vial!

Edited by luna65

I CAN'T wait. I got some of this in a trade. I can't wait to try it!

For me this is very clean and clear, it's got even more of a "transparent" quality than LP White. There's a faint hint of the base and the fruit/floral, but the fruit is much more present in the vial than on my skin. Whereas Green was very sweet with some plant-like notes, and White was very soft and powdery and delicate, Silver really is like ice, or the qualities I ascribe to ice in that it has a crystalline aura to it. Again, I feel like I actually got it right with my description, heh.

And the sliver leaf looks really cool, like little icicles in the vial!

I totally agree with your review Luna this one is just lovely. It reminds me a lil of a white scent with a touch of aquatic notes.

I only have a lil sampler of this but I am definetly planning on nabbing up a bottle.

Now Does anyone wonder about the gold reference in te description? I am sure it is nothing but it made me think of LP gold coming again...but then again I have been out of the loop so i am not certain of the up and coming ggg scents coming back!

Heh, it's not a reference to LP Gold (I wish!).

The poem is something I wrote before I knew what the notes would be, just a little meditation on winter. Since the Solstice is about transformation, and welcoming the Light back into the world, that's what I meant by the line beneath the silver is the gold to come; it's a reference to the Solstice.

Heh, it's not a reference to LP Gold (I wish!).

The poem is something I wrote before I knew what the notes would be, just a little meditation on winter. Since the Solstice is about transformation, and welcoming the Light back into the world, that's what I meant by the line beneath the silver is the gold to come; it's a reference to the Solstice.

Thanks Luna,m I hoped you'd know since you wrote it...well there goes that momentary hope :)

Loved your descriptions Luna, you definetly have a talent.

Oh my....this is beautiful! Very 'winter', very 'crystalline'......icy....clean.....clear.....just beautiful!

It's sweetness is just right....like a light dusting of snowy powdery sugar....... I can smell there's fruit in there, but it's not a fruity fragrance.....

I don't really have the proper words to review it, I'm afraid.......but I *love* this!!

I got the total thumbs up for this one from my BF. He loves it. It wears so nicely, soft and very feminine not too fruity and not overly floral, just divine!

I havent persuaded him into leting me buy a bottle though :(

• 2 weeks later...

This is a top favorite for me so far. The vanilla shimmers, if that makes sense, and I definitely get the champagne which is such an interesting touch. I get no patchouli, and didn't notice any mint. The fruit comes out to play with the musk and vanilla later on. It's so elegant but not in a fussy way. This would be so nice boosted with a positivity/confidence phero!

It's strange-- I've tried LP Red and LP Pink, and could tell that they were related. This one, however, seems like a different sort of creature to my untrained nose.

At first application, it's a light, shimmery, floral scent with some sort of aquatic note to it. It definitely smells like fresh growth, new beginnings. It's lovely. And the silver flakes are really fun! The fruit peeks out after a few minutes to join the party. It's an intriguing scent for sure.

Edit: Well, the boyfriend has deemed this one too perfumey, so into my friend's present it goes!

Edited by Kovvy

I am so disappointed. It smelled wonderful in the vial and on my clothes, but it does the same thing as Blood on Snow did. There is a bitter note that comes out on my skin. I need to find out what they have in them and avoid that.

This is really a brilliant scent. I loved LP White and Karmiel's Silken Moonlight, and this outshines both of them I'm afraid!

Ultralight amber, vanilla, musk, and patchouli, sooooo gentle, whiff of florals and fruits, and then that breath of mint at the very top: just exquisite. It all sounds so wispily evanescent yet it lasts quite well on me (well, I got a little on my collar, that helps) and has pretty good presence ... It doesn't jump up and announce itself as PERFUME (not that there's anything wrong with that, but ...) making it very office-appropriate, yet enticing.

I kept sniffing the air wondering what that wonderful smell was, and it was me!

• 4 weeks later...

This is pretty. I can tell that it's a LP version, but it's lighter & more delicate than the Original. I love the fact that you lades managed to get some silver leaf in the sample. I still like Silken Moonlight more, but this is nice.

Edited by paganlady

• 2 weeks later...

I love the reviews for this one...yet, another one to try out.

Ouch, it's sooo hard when ya gotta play catch up...on the other hand, it will feel like christmas for a long time to come, as everything just about is new to me since what, September of last year...

But anyways, I like the sound of this one...sounds like my kinda scent.

This one is shiny! It is bright and cool at the same time. The perfect capture of a starlight's twinkle. Very nicely done.

Ditto to all that you said...and this is right in line with favs...LP Green, LP black, LP Silver and LP...oh hell, all the LP Love potions. lol

To mee this one feels perfect for every season except summer.

Djac

ETA: heeeeey Fawn

Edited by djacquelynstew

I rrrrrrrreally like this one. Very femme. It doesn't feel like it has a lot of throw because it is texturally soft, but it has reach. Fruit/floral. Pear or a sweet melon with a white flower. Bit of soft vanilla. Watery. Powdery. Slightly sharp. Clean. I find it very 'spring' rather than winter. That crisp snap of fresh green buds rising through the crystals of snow. That change of the light that = Spring.

Worn when I visit Conservative Land, I find this is close to 'regular' floral perfume. (Only FAR better.)

I find that some LP scents smack you in the head immediately on how good they are, and some of them kind of sneak you on you & worm their way into your heart the more you try them.

LP Silver is like that for me. I had to use it about 3 or 4 times before I really appreciated how beautiful this scent is on me.

I will be buying a bottle in my next order. I absolutely love it!

• 2 months later...

Very beautiful scent. Fresh and light flora but I didn't get much vanilla which isn't a bad news for me.

I agree with Isa, it doesn't feel like it has a lot of throw but it has reach. I would imagine it's something I will use at work, at home with the kids or for snuggling time.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok. just got my sample yesterday an gave it a go just now. Fruit was very up front when wet, now it it is turning a little powdery, in a nice way. I keep getting little hints of green. This is full bottle worthy!!!! Just fantastic. Sweet and sophisticated.

• 8 months later...
To mee this one feels perfect for every season except summer.

I agree with Djac. I felt that this is a very nice and elegant scent but have not purchased a full bottle until recently.

I decided to use my sample this morning (cool rainy day) as I remember how much I didn't like it when I had this on back home under the summer heat. It's still as lovely as I remember it to be when I first tried it during the cooler season.