Love Potion: Silver

katz

LP Silver was one of the first bottles I bought. I just love it. It is definitely one of my faves for spring/summer. Light, clean, crisp... I love white amber and white musk...

I wore it today. When I woke Meg up, she asked for a hug, and mumbled "You smell good". Later Meg & I went to Oakland. She rubbed my neck for a bit while I was driving, and afterwards, she said "What smells so good?" Then she smelled her hand. "Mom, it's you!" I got several hugs later, just because she wanted to be close to me. It was so cute!

• 1 month later...

I didn't like to use this in summer as I felt that it was a little overpowering and I can't breathe when wearing this. This was two summers ago so I only use this during the cooler weather. I decided to test this again and brought a sample vial along. It turned out just fine and I still love using it on days when I want something not too perfumery.

I paired it with OCCO Ambrosia one day and it was fantastic. The vanilla beans in OCCO Ambrosia was played up while the cool mint in LP Silver gave the combination a different dimension. I love the silver bits in the vial/bottles. It makes me want to pour the entire vial so I can have sparkly bits on my skin.

• 4 months later...

I bought my sample along during my vacation and wore this at the ski resort. The two girls (already in the lift) starting sniffing the air the moment I got into the lift. They looked at each other and starting talking. Even though I didn't understand what they were saying, I'm pretty sure they were talking about the scent.

The sliver bits reminds me of the snow flakes drifting down as I ski. Wonderful scent and I'm glad that this is a permanent LP scent.

• 5 weeks later...

OMG. So I was a little hesitant to get this because there are no sample vials left, and it was fb or nothing... but from everyone's descriptions it sounded amazing....

Anyway I jumped in, went fb. I JUST got my package today and I ripped into it. This is my "all LP" shipment.... so I've got all the LP's dotted up my arm. Silver is by far my FAVOURITE LP. I can tell it's an LP.. it has that familiar LP base to it, but it's BEAUTIFUL. So ethereal and "Silver" is the right word. It feels like LP with frost on it. Strangely on the original LP I smell the apricot quite prominently.... but it's not so forward in LP Silver. I can't even say waht's the predominant note in Silver. It's just a very pretty all melded together LP variant. So happy I went fb.

Yay! I'm glad you like it - it's one of my faves too!

It's great!! I can't believe I was so hesitant in getting any of the LP blends at first because "amber, apricot, vanilla, patchouli" didn't appeal to me at all... but they actually really work well together. I never thought these would be notes I'd want to wear. Silver's definitely nice though, I love the coolness to it. I *need* to grab more LP varieties now. lol.

Have you tried A Treasure of Pearls? That one is like a vanilla LP Silver to me...

No... I haven't. I'm not that into vanilla though. (Yes I say this now... I thought I didn't like any of the LP notes either, but somehow it worked)

I keep making a mental note to try Treasure of Aquamarine though.

No... I haven't. I'm not that into vanilla though. (Yes I say this now... I thought I didn't like any of the LP notes either, but somehow it worked)

I went through that phase too. I've never been a foodie scent person but I craved for foody vanilla recently.

DD, you should! My sample didn't get my attention until a year later. The sliver bits are a plus. They are just so beautiful. In fact, I refreshed with LP Silver this afternoon after all the raving!

You know that "travel shock" that perfumes have? I think it made mine "colder" feeling... it's warmed up a lot since sitting in my drawer. Still very pretty but I kind of miss that biting cold scent it had when it first arrived.