LEGEND

Pony

So with a name like Legend, I expected a breath-stealing, sabre-rattling, go-forth & conquer scent. Something that puts it all out there and dares you to breathe in.

I like it a little rough, you know.

Not at all.

This is really a warm, close, come-hither type scent. It actually reminded me of Teddy Man and Mark's Tonka Tobacum. A whisper of sexy male skin that you want to bury your nose in. No spicy shout, they just enhance the woods and resins. I wouldn't say the ylang ylang jumped out either, and ylang ylang and nutmeg is a combo that really turns my crank, so usually I can detect it. Tea? Mmm....not distinct to me.

I can't speak to the pheros, because I was so amped up that I would have overridden any Charisma DH may have had...jus' sayin.

I'm going to have DH give this a try once of twice this week, and see how it develops after a little rest time.

Mara described this one to me as having no sweet elements at all, which I agree with. It's a very clean green sort of scent...I like the way it smells on Quince although it's not something I would want to wear myself (sans pheros, for example). It's got that light and smooth aura I always associate with green tea, although the resins aren't as noticable to me. But it's pleasant, and it develops nicely on warm skin. Men like to smell clean so I think this is one that any man shouldn't be afraid to wear anytime, although to me it's more of a daytime scent.

I mentioned it in my journal, but this is part of an email Q sent to me after wearing Legend on his return trip Sunday:

Nothing that interesting, the lady sitting next to me on the second leg said I smelled nice and I replied "my girlfriend got it for me." Apparently this didn't discourage her staring at me at various moments when she thought I wasn't paying attention, but it did not lead to offers of oral sex or other amusements during or after the flight, and thus I do not believe this is the Rock Star experience as promised.

(Disclaimer: my woobie is an incredibly sarcastic man...YMMV.)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been wearing this off and on since I got it. I like that it is a real fresh, clean scent that isn't overly one thing or another (spicy, sweet, etc). It does make for a nice cover for the pheromones (which, incidentally, I should avoid when doing manual labor...got a 'none headache yesterday). Probably not a full bottle purchase anytime soon, but I think this might make its way into some shower gel on my next order.

Nothing that interesting, the lady sitting next to me on the second leg said I smelled nice and I replied "my girlfriend got it for me." Apparently this didn't discourage her staring at me at various moments when she thought I wasn't paying attention, but it did not lead to offers of oral sex or other amusements during or after the flight, and thus I do not believe this is the Rock Star experience as promised.

(Disclaimer: my woobie is an incredibly sarcastic man...YMMV.)

That's hysterical! :(

My boy is at a convention in Austin this week, and I recently armed him with a large phero and fragrance collection, which he forgot to bring, entirely. (whew) But still, knowing that the convention is like 80% men, I'm asking, "are the girls there shooting hopeful doe eyed glances your way?" "Not that I've noticed" he replied, then informed me that he found a bottle of Teddy Man in his shaving kit, and I was like, "Don't you DARE!" LOL!

Anyway, I made Legend to be a more "wearable-on-a-daily-basis" sort of scent for guys who don't like their scents to JUMP OUT at people, but just gently draw attention their way....and let the pheromones work their magic. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Anyway, I made Legend to be a more "wearable-on-a-daily-basis" sort of scent for guys who don't like their scents to JUMP OUT at people, but just gently draw attention their way....and let the pheromones work their magic.

I was just coming here to post pretty much what you already have. I have/had a sample vial of Legend and it is very much a wearable scent. Even boosted with Charisma I have been wearing it at work and found it is a very nice, smooth scent that doesn't distract people as much as some others that I've worn. I can't wear Mark's Tonka Tobacum or Mark's Pepperwood at work because women get a bit too distracted/worked up just by the scent alone. I've been told flat out that I'm not allowed to wear either until after work (and I meet them at the bar :) ).

The Charisma blend is a great social lubricant. Seems to open people up and put them into a better mood. I do see some more romantic interest from women but beyond the classic 'indicators of interest' it isn't as if they are trying to drag me into a file room or anything.

Totally off topic - Pepperwood is pretty good, Mark. Even though I recoiled from the sniffy with a cry of "stinky vetiver feet!", once on the skin it is a very nice manly-man scent. DH strutted around wearing it...it's a power scent.

OK on topic -

Legend is a great daytime, anytime scent.

Now some of you might have noticed that I like extreme, strong, slap-you-down scents, but evidently not all men like to have their perfume declare itself from 100 yards...go figure.

Legend is a nice, balanced, fresh skin scent. Sometimes you want to operate under the radar, and this is a scent that people will notice that you smell "nice", but it won't shock or disturb their senses. They'll breathe the Charisma in the process.

Totally off topic - Pepperwood is pretty good, Mark. Even though I recoiled from the sniffy with a cry of "stinky vetiver feet!", once on the skin it is a very nice manly-man scent. DH strutted around wearing it...it's a power scent.

OK on topic -

Legend is a great daytime, anytime scent.

Now some of you might have noticed that I like extreme, strong, slap-you-down scents, but evidently not all men like to have their perfume declare itself from 100 yards...go figure.

Legend is a nice, balanced, fresh skin scent. Sometimes you want to operate under the radar, and this is a scent that people will notice that you smell "nice", but it won't shock or disturb their senses. They'll breathe the Charisma in the process.

Hehehe! I had a similar reaction to Mark's Pepperwood out of the bottle. WOAH. ^_^ I'm not putting this on me! Then I decided I'd better at least give it a try and really liked it. TOTAL power scent that always draws a lot of attention (usually positive).

Legend is sort of the antithesis of Mark's Pepperwood. Very smooth and clean. Not quite such a visceral reaction but that is good when you aren't trying to make a bold statement. The Charisma blend also helps as a great social lubricant to make social interactions go very smoothly.

• 2 weeks later...

The more I dab myself with this...it makes me think of LP #9. Not that it smells like LP #9 but it has the same "designer" aura to it, in a sense. And great sillage too, I could put the tinest dab on me and smell it for hours...no wonder Q got a comment when he wore it! I think if I were going to pick something for someone who wanted a fragrance they could wear in any situation, it would be this one. As far as a classic male fragrance vibe goes, I like this best, but I'm a fan of green tea accords.

Charisma, though...I think it gives me a headache. Sometimes 'none can do that to me, and it's funny that Wanted Man doesn't affect me in that way but this does (Dominance for Men used to give me a wicked headache too). Although I know there might be a difference with him wearing it.

I told Quince I trust him with this blend but I think he's a little afraid of it now. :) He said he would save it for the next time he has to give a speech and pretend he's not nervous, the dear thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Got a sample and put this on HSF - must say this is my favorite men's scent here. So fresh - he smelled so good I could NOT stop nuzzling him. Maybe the Charisma? I'm thinking yes... I'm not normally a PDA sort of person - but I was totally all over the poor thing. He asked - "Is this the same girl who won't PDA? You could NOT smooch me more..."

"Ummmmm....well - you have a point. WTH I've broken the PDA Rule but good - so may as well keep going..."

This is a full bottle purchase for him for SURE.

I got a sample for myself (a woman), I really like the scent of Legend. The Charisma blend is definitely a bit mood-lifting, not sure yet what else it might do. But I can't stop sniffing myself.

adding: I think one of the elements of the men's pheremone blend agitated me a little, wish I could have this scent just on its own!

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 3 weeks later...

So the full bottle came in time for the weekend and wowser. Using a little more than when we just had a sniffie? mmmmmmmmnnnnnn

I have been a huffing fiend. When the wind came in off the lake just right and it would blow it over to me - I would get all SQUEEEEEEE! The HSF amps the tea - which I am surprised to LOVE on him.

The Charisma seems to turn me into a total PDA snuggle bunny.

I am in love with the scent and the phero.

• 7 months later...

I was going through all my sample vials this morning and happened upon Legend again. I remember thinking that it smelled nice but wasn't anything that really blew me away at the time. I just put a small smear on the top of my thumb to revisit this on. Whoa, I like!

Does anyone know of any other scents that smell similar to Legend but without the pheros? I much prefer to roll my own as it were as opposed to being married to a particular phero blend for a particular scent and I can't believe I didn't love this before.

See I think Top Dog has a similar vibe, but of course that one is phero-enhanced as well. I'm not sure what else in the Men's section has that exact same quality, as a lot of the green scents for men also have some prevalent wood notes (like Excalibur, for example).

See I think Top Dog has a similar vibe, but of course that one is phero-enhanced as well. I'm not sure what else in the Men's section has that exact same quality, as a lot of the green scents for men also have some prevalent wood notes (like Excalibur, for example).

Thanks Luna, Yeah I have a bit of Excalibur on the other hand and they smell nothing alike. Both great, just different. I'd love to find a phero free sub for Sorcerer or Miss Right...Now as well.

Well in regards to the "clean" fragrance aspect which both Miss Right...Now and Legend have...next month there may be something you like. :(

Hey so just so I know what month I am waiting for are you referring to the Tarot ones already out or the ones coming up in January? (Thanks for the heads up!)

What's already been announced.

Whoo hoo! *wags tail*

• 4 months later...

Playing with samples today...found this one. I had not tried it yet... Oh My...This is nice, a very chill yet masculine scent...I think I'd be a blood hound trying to track this one down to snuggle up to. He he he... giving me all sorts of ideas! LOL

Yeah, I really like the scent of this one too. It has one of the very few androstenone phero blends that I don't react badly to.