Kimberley's Honey Berry

Shelly B

Wow..There are no reviews on this one? Oh my.. Mara emailed me as soon as she'd completed this blend, because she KNEW I'd love it, and I really, REALLY do..

It's thick and syrupy and VERY sexy.. I don't really know HOW to describe it, but it's SO not what you'll be expecting - that I can just about guarantee!

The honey is warm and inviting, and when this scent heats up, it's like a sensual cloud of honey/berry/pinky/scrumptious-ness surrounds and envelops you.. and.. OK..You know what? Just buy one. You SO will not regret it, and even if you DO? Pop it on your trading post because this gem is my little closely-guarded secret..Not that it's very secret any more.. >_>

Blessings

Ail )O(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This smells really marvelous wet -- very juicy honey, the strawberry is there but not overbearing, somehow I'm getting vanilla even though I'm pretty sure there is none in it.

Unfortunately, after a few hours it turned on me, sort of plastic-y. I'm reluctantly putting it up on my swap page. Might try it again tomorrow but I'm pretty sure its just clashing with my chemistry. Hopefully this can find a new home because its fabulous.

• 2 months later...

Got a sniffee of this one...it's incredibly potent and lasting on me, but it's too loud; not pretty or truly fruity. I think the pink sugar aspect is amping too much, it's more like one of those "new girl in town" fragrances, if you know what I mean. No subtlety whatsoever. :lol:

I luv pink sugar but am not getting any of it at all! Just nice melding of rich honey and berry -- the berry cuts the 'dirtiness' of the honey and the honey rounds out the berry. Both those elements are quite distinct and stand up off your skin and say I AM HONEY! and I AM BERRY!

Somehow the combo of these two notes is very "thick" smelling on me, almost meatily so. -- this scent does not smell like meat! I just mean there's a density and almost chewy three-dimensionality to it.

I haven't had it on long and no doubt my skin as usual will turn it into Plastic Fantastic before long, but I am enjoying it in the interim :(

I just mean there's a density and almost chewy three-dimensionality to it.

Yeah it's interesting how that happens sometimes...Sugared Babe has the same quality to it, although it's the amber, I think, in that one.

• 2 weeks later...

I was a little worried about the honey in this (sometimes, it tends to turn odd on me), but the berries seem to mellow it out into something delicious, much like in Lor's honeyed strawberry. Yummy, summery, bright, and sweet!

I got this as a small sample in my first order, and I love it. It literally makes my mouth water. It's like super sweet honey, but as you pull your nose away, to balance that syrupy sweetness there is a certain depth that really makes it unusual in a good way. It smells as if it would taste like tangy *fresh* strawberries drizzled in honey with a touch of tartness. I can't explain it. I keep saying "taste" because like I said it actually makes me salivate.

LOVE IT.

Somehow the combo of these two notes is very "thick" smelling on me. I just mean there's a density and almost chewy three-dimensionality to it.

YES! you know you hit it right on the head... that density reminds me just exactly of a strawberry flavored Starburst candy. That 'thickness'... chewiness... except with honey. yum yum.

• 2 weeks later...

This smells extremely thick and sweet to me and there's something which I can't agree with (strawberry or something) which kind of makes me .... err .... feel sick. I'm certain it's just my personal preference as many other ladies love this. This will go into my trading box after summer.

• 10 months later...

I really like this! I've always been partial to honey scents, but I have to say this is the truest honey note I've ever smelled - other perfumers don't even come close. And yes, it does smell like sex. It's a good thing, I assure you.

After the initial blast of honey subsides, the berry becomes more prominent. I agree with Luna, there is nothing subtle about this one, but when I'm in the mood for a bold, red, thick to the point of being syrupy kind of scent, this fits the bill quite nicely.

Edited by Ishtar

• 1 year later...

I really like this - but then, from the title alone I knew I would :D Pretty much what it says, honey and berry. The honey to me is a very light honey, not like some of the deep, rich, almost bitter smelling honey I've tried before. Very sweet. I could not agree more with Tyvey's comment:

the berry cuts the 'dirtiness' of the honey and the honey rounds out the berry.

Yep, pretty much, that. The two scents bring out the best attributes in each other.

It has a slightly different quality on drydown, I don't quite know the words for it... I think it actually goes a bit sweeter. Maybe it is plasticky? But in a good way? I still really like it, though it does run the risk of being TOO sweet...

This is PINK on me! Pink, pink, pink. Been eyeballing it for a hella long time, and was DELIGHTED to receive it in the beloved giftie bag in my last order! The honey doesn't amp, nor does the strawberry, which is so very cool! I can make a mess of either of those notes, but they're *wonderful* in this. I need to wear it a couple more times to be sure, but I'm thinkin' bottle. :heart:

I love pink scents the way Mara does 'em!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree with whoever said it was a "chewy" honey scent, Phero Girl is like that on me too... I really love the berry in this, it sweetens up the sexiness... Great for sultry summer nights!