Bayou Musk

katz

AD-BayouMusk_.jpg

Bayou Musk

A sultry night: far-off thunder and lightning, atmosphere which caresses your skin in a humid embrace…the air is alive with dark green and moss notes, the fragrant allure of the flowering crepe myrtle, and the mouth-watering aroma of the Wise Woman’s Vanilla Delight (a truly delicious blend of thick vanilla resin, light vanilla bean tincture, and a luscious dark vanilla), with a lingering presence of earthy black musk. An adventure awaits all who seek the magick of the Bayou…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
WOOD BOUQUET ~ Enhances perception of beauty, love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
MOSSES ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity.
CREPE MYRTLE ~ Love and marriage.
FERN ~ Pleasure, blissfulness, attraction, stamina, courage, strength, healing.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think my skin hides most musks...(I'm one of those that Juir De does NOT make a strong appearance on) so the black musk right now? So far no appearance.

But GREEN.Green is here. Green the way I love it in woodsy accords. I get fern and moss...yes! Still...it's complex and other notes are wandering around in there. Gorgeous, fairly unisex scent. I think this would be prrrrrr on a guy.

I slathered it on my left arm, then cursed as I think I fell a bit hard for it...full-bottle hard!

I think my skin hides most musks...(I'm one of those that Juir De does NOT make a strong appearance on) so the black musk right now? So far no appearance.

But GREEN.Green is here. Green the way I love it in woodsy accords. I get fern and moss...yes! Still...it's complex and other notes are wandering around in there. Gorgeous, fairly unisex scent. I think this would be prrrrrr on a guy.

I slathered it on my left arm, then cursed as I think I fell a bit hard for it...full-bottle hard!

I want so badly to LUV, LUV, LUV this scent, can't wait to get it !

Liz, I think you and I are close on scent-love...the green based ones are for us, for sure! Depending on how your skin handles the musk side, it could be quite something... the more I sniff, the more I think both women and men will love this!

Liz, I think you and I are close on scent-love...the green based ones are for us, for sure! Depending on how your skin handles the musk side, it could be quite something... the more I sniff, the more I think both women and men will love this!

Musk blooms on me ! so I'm VERY excited !!

ps: sent u a FB msg about our trade...yesterday

Edited by liz

How is the vanilla showing itself, mah kitteh? This is what intrigues me most about this one: how the green notes and the vanillas will work together, or in evolution.

How is the vanilla showing itself, mah kitteh? This is what intrigues me most about this one: how the green notes and the vanillas will work together, or in evolution.

Not predominent...on my skin. It sits very softly (not foodily) in the background. I likey.

I was kinda hoping for that on me too...I want to try it on Q, since he loves green scents. My packages of squee await me at the PO!

I like how immeadiately green this one is on, and I can't help but think this one is going to be perfect to age, I hate to wait on this one, but really think the vanillas are just going to deepen into something even more so, if I can wait. But I love the strong green muskiness, so might just have to use up this bottle for now and one for aging's sake! (any excuse to place another order I swear today... honestly)

Edited by piratical dahlia

I just received my orders last night and Bayou Musk was the first one I tried. It I close my eyes and sniff this it reminds me of walking down Bourban Street and the Garden District and dancing at the Jelly Roll. It smells like the best parts of New Orleans. I will have to have a large bottle.

I started a new topic before I saw this one so I did a copy and paste to here.

I just received my orders last night and Bayou Musk was the first one I tried. If I close my eyes and sniff this it reminds me of walking down Bourban Street and the Garden District and dancing at the Jelly Roll. It smells like the best parts of New Orleans. I will have to have a large bottle.

Edited by Countesszero

oh but check this-

there is a men's version of this too!

it's......well, you have to wait!

U R SO EBIL!

(but I like it :) )

So even though Danna says there's going to be a men's version, this one is truly unisex to me, one of those which I think will smell better on Quince that it does on me. So all the XYs in da hizzouse, git choo somma dis, k?

I like the vanilla/green thing going on in the vial but on me the black musk really takes over in concert with the green notes. It's right on the edge of turning soapy on me, but on male skin I bet this is soooo good. I had to stop myself from just dabbing one of my co-workers this morning, lol. But this is foreground green, background darkness, nicely evocative but still just inherently masculine to me. Definitely a Sinister Scent!

So all the XYs in da hizzouse, git choo somma dis, k?

Really, luna. You really just typed that out loud?

I was thinking of this for DH too - I bet it would be dance the Tide on me, but DH is another story.

I found the initial application of Bayou over the top in heavy lushness but beautiful. I wasnt so sure my skin was able to handle the weight, but then I waited 30 minutes. The drydown lightens into slightly masculine, green fresh, musky and just over the top and dead sexy similiar to Gemini but slightly more complex. I may get a full bottle. This is a gorgeous skinscent.

(update) There is also a "finished" quality to this scent on my skin similiar to dept. store fragrance but better of course.

Edited by KrazyKat

AND I DO !!!!

SO glad I bought a full sz btl, something about is very alluring !

Actually this doesn't come out very green on me at all! Wet it's definitely something of a dark green, but on my skin the green quickly takes a backseat while the Vanilla Delight amps, and is it ever a vanilla to die for. The richness and depth of this vanilla note is undoutedly from it being a combo of three vanillas, including that hand-tinctured one(!!!). It rests on a sensually woody and slightly dark green background veiled in musk, just the perfect evocation of Anne Rice's New Orleans bayous where all the vampires lurk. I'm in love.

:12_small7:

I get NO vanilla...not even a li'll bit :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

All I get is perfumey soap...a nice perfumey & slightly floral soap, but soap none the less ;)

Methinks it will have to go to the trading post :)

This is very unexpected on me, in a good way! I expected something predominantly green and cool. Instead it is green and woody but at the same time sweet, creamy, resiny and warm (perhaps black musky), and there's an overlying fruitiness. Very complex and really addicting! The only thing is that it fades pretty fast on me so I've been slathering my sample like crazy. :)

Edited by donthate

This one was a lovely green scent on me for only a little while, then it turned into a lovely light musk on me. Kind of like a white musk. Very soft & lovely.

How does this compare to LP Green ? I'm looking for something that has the same perfect balance of green and vanilla with something a bit mysterious in the mix. My LP Green is almost gone (the horror!) and I'm looking for a relative of it to replace it.

Most musks I either can't smell or they have that laundry-scent character I don't like. Its the musk in this that is making me hesitate even though everything else sounds fab. So,are these soapy musks or more natural skin-like ones?

It depends on what your chemistry does with those notes. For me, the vanilla blend was very dark, and the black musk was fairly potent. So it was more of a dark green scent whereas LP Green was a sweeter green. It was somewhat more like Green in the vial but not on my skin. However, the vanilla might come out more for you, it's hard to say until you try it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Actually this doesn't come out very green on me at all! Wet it's definitely something of a dark green, but on my skin the green quickly takes a backseat while the Vanilla Delight amps, and is it ever a vanilla to die for. The richness and depth of this vanilla note is undoutedly from it being a combo of three vanillas, including that hand-tinctured one(!!!). It rests on a sensually woody and slightly dark green background veiled in musk...

I get sparkly light green from this. It's more sun-warmed grass than bayou moss. I LOVE this and am plotting to get a full bottle (if you hussies don't wipe out the stock first!), but it's just not a dark green to me. I am still on the look-out for my deep, black forest, moss and fern green that I may just end up blending myself from my pantry full of essential oils.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I like how immeadiately green this one is on, and I can't help but think this one is going to be perfect to age, I hate to wait on this one, but really think the vanillas are just going to deepen into something even more so, if I can wait. But I love the strong green muskiness, so might just have to use up this bottle for now and one for aging's sake! (any excuse to place another order I swear today... honestly)

You summed this up perfectly...it is lovely and green...kind of sits in between LP green and Cocamama to me...but yes, the vanilla's do have the potential to truly bloom into deep lovliness with aging.

I like it its nice.

djac

I knew you would like this and Pitter Patter too!! I thought of you when I smelled both of them!

Yes TG... I am really liking Bayou black, and honestly, I don't think I would have given this a try if I hadn't gotten the sample from Mara, and loving pitter patter!

Djac

• 2 years later...

Well, as my boyfriend is going through my set of samples I set aside for him, he wore this today, (probably the FIRST time he's worn something scented to work!) and got a very cute reaction from his carpool buddy (a lady maybe a tad older than we) and he was bursting to tell me...

She immediately noticed "something smells GOOD" when she got in his car. He confessed he had on something his girlfriend gave him, bla bla. She replied "Oh I LOVE that it's not something 'off the counter'!" Then, spontaneously, she does a "pouncing" gesture and says "ROWR! - don't tell your girlfriend I said that!"

Bwahaha! I guess it *does* smell rather nice on him at that...green, masculine but not overwhelmingly so.

I had not seen this one, this is right up my alley!...thank you for making me aware of it. New Orleans and musk....2 of my favorite things. Knowing PM (some of her work at least lol) this probably smells exactly like a New Orleans summer night. :)

Edited by Lexy

• 1 month later...

I'm not really feeling this one. I imagined it would smell like night blooming jasmine and musk, or soft gardenia and musk, but I don't really get that. I don't get musk from it really, it's an odd scent for me to describe. I have to give this another try sometime.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised I didn't review this one before, as it's one of my favorite green scents. And I'm not a green scent fan, normally, but the deep green humid quality of this combined with the musk and vanilla makes it so compelling to me. A guy could wear this, but it's funny, when I had Quince try it he immediately said it was too feminine for him, and I assume it's because he could sense the floral element in it, and that part of it has never been noticible to me.

Also: the little story I wrote for this one is pretty good, I feel like I captured the right atmosphere.

• 2 years later...

There are two threads for this scent...I guess I'll use this one.

This scent is just...odd. To me, I mean. I like it in the vial. There's a note in it that I kind of just don't recognize, and I was curious to see what it would do on my skin, but I certainly wasn't expecting what happened!

It turned into rubber tires on my skin, at least at first. There was also something that reminded me of butterscotch. Eventually the rubber tires smell faded, and it just became a nice soft musk. Nothing terribly exciting, but nice.

That was so weird. I'm going to have to try it again sometime.