Denise's J.A.M.

luna65

So I've been making a list of my pretty-flitty girly-twirly scents to wear when Spring has sprung...and I received a sniffee of this one in my last order. I like jasmine very much, it's beautiful when the source is right, but it usually doesn't like me at all.

*sad kitteh face*

So...this is lovely, but you really have to like florals and/or jasmine. My issue with HMS Kimberly was the hyacinth was lovely but totally all up in my grill LIEK WHOA. A big sassy floral is not for me, I tend to freak out unless it's rose or orchid. But the amber and musk - which are great fixatives anyway - really keep the jasmine from getting too overpowering and also keep the scent itself consistent, it doesn't turn acrid or sickly sweet on me. But it IS jasmine buoyed by very sheer amber and musk, so you have to want to experience jasmine to wear it. It's not going to be anything else (unless it turns on you in general, that is). So I can wear this and feel nice and flowery, and that's a minor miracle in itself.

We miss you D, but at least we have your smellies to enjoy. :)

What happened to D?

Luna, I usually have the same issue with Jasmine (except the pure absolute). It just goes cloyingly sweet on me. But, this was really nice... Floral, but also intimate & close to warm skin smelling on me. I have to check the store & see if this one is still available.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I do like this one as well...not as much as my misty white orchid, but definitely a keeper for me.

it's funny because i wasn't all that crazy about it first sniff, but i was persistant and it wore me down...lol

Edited by djacquelynstew

Yes, I do like this one as well...not as much as my misty white orchid, but definitely a keeper for me.

it's funny because i wasn't all that crazy about it first sniff, but i was persistant and it wore me down...lol

I really like the musky white orchid too.....& I don't usually like vanilla & musk together. I have to try this J.A.M.

• 4 months later...
But it IS jasmine buoyed by very sheer amber and musk, so you have to want to experience jasmine to wear it. It's not going to be anything else (unless it turns on you in general, that is).

We miss you D, but at least we have your smellies to enjoy. :lol:

I tossed this aside after receiving this from HMMB. I thought the jasmine was too strong for my liking.

I took it out last night as I realised that this is on sale. It is so lovely. I like it very much and I ordered 5 bottles right away. I would love to buy all 16 bottles (greedy, greedy, greedy) and share it among my girlfriends ..... sigh!!

D, thanks for another beautiful scent. Looking forward to your next creation.

Edited by JOC

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

WOW. This is very powdery jasmine on my skin! :banana052: Elegant + Beautiful! Somehow.... i have an image of a Jasmine blooming in the morning mist .... The scent is light and fresh- lovely :10_small16:

It's been a long time since I last use this. I may have gifted my one and only sniffee away two days back. Six months later, my bottles are still sitting in my friend's storeroom. Can't wait to receive them so I can start slathering on days when I need to some oriental flora scent.

• 3 months later...

Collected my loot when I was back home last week. The jasmine is rather pronounced for the first hour or so then it mellows down to a slow powdery floral scent. As I bought 5 bottles of this scent (I love most of Denise's PEs) and I gifted a bottle of my sister's mother-in-law.

• 1 year later...

This is very clear and clean scent with 3 of my favourite ingredients: Jasmin, Amber and Musk. This perfume reminds me of my childhood. It smells exactly like a perfume which I loved a lot in those days. My grandma was wearing it and she gifted me a small miniature bottle which I loved. Well, I'm not saying it's an 'old-lady-scent', not at all. It's just something which brought good memories from my childhood.