Sinister Pink

Invidiana

AD-SinisterPink_.jpg

Sinister Pink

This scent is candy-sweet pink and green with a goodie bag full of citrus and other fruits, made mysterious with caramel and black sugar in a base of pink musks and deep labdanum and sandalwood…this isn’t just any pink, you know…it’s pink only a Sinister Girl could love!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PINK LIME ~ Healing, love, protection.
PINK SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches, lust inducing.
PINK MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
PINK LABDANUM and SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric, aphrodisiac, healing, spirituality, exorcism. NOTE: While the citrus in this blend is quite well diluted, please be aware that citrus on bare skin under direct sunlight can burn and even bleach the skin. Take care, if you plan to wear citrus perfumes outside during the day, make sure that the areas on which you've applied it are covered by clothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one is a juxtaposition of two things, pink and green, that don't sound like they belong together in a fragrance, but make for one evilly delicious combo. Imagine taking all the pink and green candy you can find and then throwing in some musk, resin and sandalwood for a sexy base--that's what it is. It's very citrusy wet, but as it dries down the pink makes its way through and the result is like a puckery sweet lollipop. The citrus isn't sharp or Lemon Pledge--actually the "pink lime" in this reminds me of the creamy lemon in Skelly Tart, no lemongrass or lemon verbena or anything scary like that. As it dries down more it gets further ebiled up as the musk, sandalwood and labdanum arise and add a dark and sensual feel. It's fun, sexy and of course, downright EBIL! :666:

The pink lime aspect of this is so fun, I really liked it. The drydown sort of reminded me of Santa Carla '09 - sweetness fading into a darker aura - but somewhat more prominent on me as the black sugar/caramel and the resins came to the fore. This is a Pink I feel is more like me than the usual types.

I really love the Lime in this one too. It's amazing in the bottle. The caramel amps like mad on me after a few minutes on the skin, but I think I owe this one a proper try with nothing else competing with it.

I'm usually a bit scared of citrus scents but i loved I don't know but it's green and I'm thinking this might have a similar but darker vibe? Also, pink and green is one fo my favorite color combinations... I'm so behind in months on my LP testings! arrrg...

I've been a bit scared to swap lately though after having so much bad luck with swappings lately...

I can't wait to try this

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

I'm usually a bit scared of citrus scents but i loved I don't know but it's green and I'm thinking this might have a similar but darker vibe? Also, pink and green is one fo my favorite color combinations... I'm so behind in months on my LP testings! arrrg...

Yes, you hit the nail on the head with the similar but darker vibe! It's got a similar (think the tangy and creamy lime in IDKGreen) but simultaneously pinker and darker vibe going on. :)

Edited by Invidiana

Heilige Geist! This is really pink when wet. In fact, it should have a sign - WARNING: PINK WHEN WET!

Good god I am in over my head...I don't know if I can handle the tartly sweet combo...but wait....after drydown it smooths on out to a pleasant sandalwood, with teasing hints of dry sweetness. Now sandalwood and I do not necessarily get along all that well, but this seems to be tempered enough that I can enjoy the aromatic woodsiness without the bitterness.

I am the opposite Pony, I love that beginning tartness and wish it would stay. When the sandalwood and caramel meet, it's too much for me, but I know it's right up a lot a lot of the girls' alley here. That didn't sound right. LOL.

I LOVE THINGS UP MY ALLEY!

:hello:

Okay, I know...*goes back to the corner*

Why, I never expected you to respond to such an insinuation. Really? You, dearest luna? What know you of alleys? And of objects inserted...

GASP! Now I get it!

**retreats shocked and slightly appalled**

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This has got to be my 2nd fave LP! After Candy Pop, which reminds me of lemon/orange jolly rancher candies with a touch of bubble gum in the background...this one is fruity pebbles cereal, or fruit loops...sugary, tarty, citrus, with a hint of a sweet carbohydrate (maybe the sugars) smell, like cake, but just a teensy bit of cake. I'm so glad I got this one in the b1g2 sale. I wonder how touch of ebil compares? I could put this on my chest, and keep my nose in my shirt. I'm in love...again.

• 2 months later...

Wow... I get a lot of lime from this. I'm still waiting to see how it morphs but so far it's not exactly what I would call a pink scent! More like sweet lime. I rather like it though.

ETA: Ok this is going wonky on me now. The pink is starting to come through and it is just not getting along with the lime on me. For some reason the combination of the two together seems unnatural and a little nauseating. Maybe I need to train my nose to appreciate these things more, but if my first impression is that I don't like it then that will probably be the impression of others around me too. Might trade this one away.

Edited by Synergist

I wonder how touch of ebil compares?

Well there's no citrus in ToE!, so...they both have a sort of candied aura to them, I guess.

• 10 months later...

This is another sample freebie I got, I wasn't so sure about it when I first put it on. It was veeeeeeery "lime-y" with a hint of pink sugar. But as it has dried down I get a warmer sweetness to it and it is a caramel lime with pink sugar sprinkled on top. Maybe a little too warm for me with the caramel-citrus tones. It may come off as a sickly sweet because of the combo, although it hasn't gotten there yet. I like it a lot, but I don't know if I would wear this scent.

I just got a sample of this in my last order and this is one I would not have purchased on my own... I love the pink, lime and sugar that pops with this one... Its like living in Barbie Land while you wear this, I love the intensity of the pink in this... They staying power is amazing...This goes on my FB list

I just got a sample of this in my last order and this is one I would not have purchased on my own... I love the pink, lime and sugar that pops with this one... Its like living in Barbie Land while you wear this, I love the intensity of the pink in this... They staying power is amazing...This goes on my FB list

This one sounds like alot of fun!

This is definitely pink. I get that first.

I get the lime that most people do as well.

Pink limeaid? It's sweet and candy-like, but it has that very slight citrus bitterness to it.

Not a scent I'd have picked to try on my own but I got this as a sniffie. (Thank you Mara!)

I'm not sure if this is something I'd wear normally, but it's great to have an opportunity to try this as I'd never have picked it up otherwise.

• 2 months later...

I finally tested my sniffee of this, I don't remember if I ever reviewed this or not. Wet I get a blast of lime with salt and a bit of sugar. Kinda like those fizz pops, which lime tends to remind me of. Sometimes lime gives me this weird spaced out headache like I get dizzy or something, which is happening right now. I think the lime in this is a bit too strong for me. Blimey I was hoping to get more pink and caramel out of this one. It's just all lime and salty sugar.

My mom and I tried this together, we liked it! It totally smelled like a carnival on me. Really pink caramel popcorn. Shockingly the lime did not overwhelm it on me like it usually seems to do.

I probably wouldn't get a FB but I know she wants it so maybe I will put it on my sale list if I have an opening on it.

My mom and I tried this together, we liked it! It totally smelled like a carnival on me. Really pink caramel popcorn. Shockingly the lime did not overwhelm it on me like it usually seems to do.

I probably wouldn't get a FB but I know she wants it so maybe I will put it on my sale list if I have an opening on it.

It was all lime all the time on me. It finally fizzled out and it was a barely there lime powder- and it did remind me a bit of a carnival, but after the carnival is over and all the Carnies are there putting away the rides eating leftover kettle corn and sprite.

• 4 weeks later...

I just put my sniffie on this on my arm and dang, I'm falling in love with this all over again.... I can not wait till I get my bottle from the sale....

This one was too lime-y for me. BLIMEY! It would have been perfect, except lime sometimes feels like there is an egg frying on my forehead in the middle of the dessert.

• 2 months later...

I got a smelly from someone on the trade post :) This had some serious time to age from the looks of these posts (3 years?)

I dont know the exact notes in this because im too lazy to check at the moment, but it smells like pink lemonade cake with super pink frosting thats been lightly powdered with the tart pink lemonade drink mix, its soooo tart and cakey to me. its almost too much haha its very rich smelling and has some serious throw. Im glad i got to test it, Even glad-er that i didnt get fb of it :lol: its definitely pink but not my kind of pink

• 8 months later...

After the lime burns off, this is an AMAZING pinky caramel cake confection. The black sugar gives it this dark edge that is really sexy. This is languid, sexy "pink". It's a gloomy kind of day. Monsoon weather... This is fitting my mood perfectly. I love that it's girly, but dark (well, dark to ME.... Since I usually shy away from the REAL dark scents haha)

Picture an innocent pink frosted cake with a decadent caramel filling. Well, after the lime burns off. The lime is pretty bright in the beginning, but the drydown is worth the wait.

Edited by hearts

• 3 weeks later...

Wow I never thought of myself as a Pink Chick but this one has really caught my attention. It is bright yummy pink lemonade cake when I first apply it. A really bright happy vibe. I wish the citrus lasted a bit longer - or even the cake. It calms down within an hour on me and changes to more of a caramelized sugar with a nutty-woody note. Not bad at the final stretch, but not the original pink tartness that I fell in love with in the beginning! I'm constantly amazed how a wet scent can completely morph.

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

This is a fun one that nobody seems to like on me but I don't care because I like it. Zesty tart lime sweetened with pink sugar... this is my kind of candy store. It's unusual which is why I think people double take, but it's so youthful and energetic, like if it were a color it would be neon.