Raven Moon and Raven Moon 2009

mountainwitch

TH_RavenMoon_.jpgAD-RavenMoon2009_L.jpg

Raven Moon and Raven Moon 2009

Deep, dark, wickedly sensuous & deliciously rich. 33 bewitching ingredients in all, encompassing the magickal properties of Love, Lust, Fertility, Eternal Youth, Playfulness, Fascination, Riches, Luck, Healing, Protection & Hex-breaking. Includes 3 types of rich Amber resins, 3 kinds of aged and Indonesian Patchoulis, and 3 types of delicious Vanilla and Vanilla Bean, plus Apricot, Cinnamon, Frankincense, Honey, Maple, Musk, Myhrr, Peach, dark Sugars, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Violet, and more...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When this exclusive was released at Magical Omaha, it seemed to sell out in record time. Personally, this was my first Love Potion ever; I added it to an order I was making of Arcana Oils on the MO site. At first, I was unimpressed: it was packaged in the old flip-top bottle, and a touch of oil had smeared the label. At first try, it smelled like straight maple sugar, too. So I just put it aside.

About a month or so later I tried again . . . And it was just right. I noticed notes I had missed before, and the overall effect was sweet, dark, and comforting. One night I dabbed on a bit at bedtime, and I had the soundest sleep--and best dreams--I'd had in months. My boyfriend finds it even more appealing than Scandalous Intentions, and that wonderful, warm smell tends to lift my mood in some of the crappiest situations.

The "Sold Out!" description for this one lists LP: Black as a substitute, and while they share a kind of similar "feel," they're very different scents. LP: Black is more of a dark honeycomb-vanilla for me, while Raven Moon has more of a maple, brown-sugar sweetness with other notes peeking out.

I was heartbroken when I realized that MO had sold out of Raven Moon already, and I finished off my bottle about two months ago. So I was thrilled to hear that Love Potions is brewing up a new batch. It will be a bit different due to changes in suppliers for certain components, but it should be up on the site in a couple of weeks or so.

When that happens, I shall be sending a nice chunk of money to Magical Omaha . . . Again! Amazing how that happens . . . ;)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deep, dark, wickedly sensuous & deliciously rich. 33 bewitching ingredients in all, encompassing the magickal properties of Love, Lust, Fertility, Eternal Youth, Playfulness, Fascination, Riches, Luck, Healing, Protection & Hex-breaking. Includes 3 types of rich Amber resins, 3 kinds of aged and Indonesian Patchoulis, and 3 types of delicious Vanilla and Vanilla Bean, plus Apricot, Cinnamon, Frankincense, Honey, Maple, Musk, Myhrr, Peach, dark Sugars, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Violet, and more...

When this exclusive was released at Magical Omaha, it seemed to sell out in record time. Personally, this was my first Love Potion ever; I added it to an order I was making of Arcana Oils on the MO site. At first, I was unimpressed: it was packaged in the old flip-top bottle, and a touch of oil had smeared the label. At first try, it smelled like straight maple sugar, too. So I just put it aside.

About a month or so later I tried again . . . And it was just right. I noticed notes I had missed before, and the overall effect was sweet, dark, and comforting. One night I dabbed on a bit at bedtime, and I had the soundest sleep--and best dreams--I'd had in months. My boyfriend finds it even more appealing than Scandalous Intentions, and that wonderful, warm smell tends to lift my mood in some of the crappiest situations.

The "Sold Out!" description for this one lists LP: Black as a substitute, and while they share a kind of similar "feel," they're very different scents. LP: Black is more of a dark honeycomb-vanilla for me, while Raven Moon has more of a maple, brown-sugar sweetness with other notes peeking out.

I was heartbroken when I realized that MO had sold out of Raven Moon already, and I finished off my bottle about two months ago. So I was thrilled to hear that Love Potions is brewing up a new batch. It will be a bit different due to changes in suppliers for certain components, but it should be up on the site in a couple of weeks or so.

When that happens, I shall be sending a nice chunk of money to Magical Omaha . . . Again! Amazing how that happens . . . :blink:

Well, with "three rich amber resins" I think Dolly and I will probably be standing right behind you in the queue when Cindy gets the new batch. I want to get a bottle of native soil from MO too, but I shall wait until I can order both I think. Thanks for the heads up, this one sounds really nice! :)

May

Well, with "three rich amber resins" I think Dolly and I will probably be standing right behind you in the queue when Cindy gets the new batch. I want to get a bottle of native soil from MO too, but I shall wait until I can order both I think. Thanks for the heads up, this one sounds really nice! :)

May

You got that RIGHT May, I'll be there for this one, for sure......uh-oh......my credit card is crying again.....

You got that RIGHT May, I'll be there for this one, for sure......uh-oh......my credit card is crying again.....

We really HAVE to introduce your credit card to my long-suffering Bank Manger. They could console each other B)

May

• 3 weeks later...
We really HAVE to introduce your credit card to my long-suffering Bank Manger. They could console each other :(

May

This one is definitely going to be on my February "to buy" list.....I just hope that M.O. has a large enough supply to not sell out before I get one...... :unsure:

This one is definitely going to be on my February "to buy" list.....I just hope that M.O. has a large enough supply to not sell out before I get one...... :unsure:

I've been bad...

I have been my own "evil enabler" (Mwahahaha!)

I snuck over to Cindy's site and ordered Raven and Scandalous... :D

I'm defintely addicted :D

May

I've been bad...

I snuck over to Cindy's site and ordered Raven and Scandalous... :D

I'm defintely addicted :D

May

I'm soooooo jealous! May, do me a favor, since you and I seem to have similar tastes......let me know what you think of them, so I can decide if they are something I just can't live without.... :D

I puchased this (2007 version) some time ago from someone's sales post - it leaked in transit so I lost quite a bit of it and the label is not so pretty, but there's still plenty to cherish!

I tested again tonight and it's more of a "dark fruity" blend then the original maple syrup scent I smelled when I first received it.

I'm terrible at descriptions and reviews, but I definitely smell the honey, apricot, and vetiver. This isn't a blend I would wear all the time, but it's a nice change up from my normal scents.

I've been bad...

I snuck over to Cindy's site and ordered Raven and Scandalous... :blink:

I'm defintely addicted :blink:

May

You and me both! These two were the same one I *had* to have as well!

Raven Moon is indeed "Deep, dark, wickedly sensuous & deliciously rich" and, I was wondering, with its description as playful, with the magickal property of eternal youth, how do you think this one might work with the new "cougar potion" additive?

Raven Moon is indeed "Deep, dark, wickedly sensuous & deliciously rich"

I am sooooooo going to have to get a bottle of this one......

• 1 month later...
I've been bad...

I snuck over to Cindy's site and ordered Raven and Scandalous... ;)

I'm defintely addicted :blink:

May

And now it's mine, all MINE, and I love it so much! Raven Moon is a truly yummy scent, sweet and rich and just so delicious. I smell sort of like the most wonderfully tempting Danish pastry - mmmm... :)

And now it's mine, all MINE, and I love it so much! Raven Moon is a truly yummy scent, sweet and rich and just so delicious. I smell sort of like the most wonderfully tempting Danish pastry - mmmm... :blink:

LOL!

It is lovely isn't it! :);)

May

I'll start out by saying that I once described Raven Moon as "LP base on steroids meets Gothic Pancake Breakfast." :D

This was one of my original LPMP purchases as well and to me it's everything that's wonderful about Red and Black rolled into one with bonus Autumn ambience. It's a scent I wear primarily during the fall although I'll get cravings for it all throughout the year. It lasts a good long while and I don't have to slather (which is a good thing with an LE). I encourage anyone who missed out on last year's stock to give it a try this year because I think M&D are the only artisans I've ever encountered who use maple in such an imaginative and delicious way.

• 7 months later...

I love this one! I recieved a small decant from JoAnna's bottle and am trying it out again tonight before I purchase a bottle. When I first put it on, it was very similar to LP Black. Now (about 10 minutes later), it is a softer and creamier "texture." The cinnamon is just underneath the resins, just barely peeking out. I can also smell a hint of peach floating just on the forefront. In between is a very complex cloud of wonderful sweetness.

• 1 month later...

I ordered a bottle and can't wait for it to come - the description is wonderful and when i first tried to order it was sold out so as soon as i was informed it was back in stock i grabbed a bottle

• 3 weeks later...

This is wonderful - get some before it is gone, i saw it on the endangered list

It has a hint of fuit with a heavy sugar (probably the maple) and powdered vanilla with honey and a deep sexiness, on it was strong and glorious - dry down it got softer but was still there with hints of it wafting out now and then.

I love it, love it ^_^:blue_dancing_banana:

It is kind of like a softer LP red to me

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know if anything has changed between rebrews? With the new 2009 being out is it likely to be the same or very similar to the 2008 one?

Mara hasn't indicated that it is drastically different or anything. I believe that 2008 was actually a re-brew of the original.....even when they use the same recipe, there are likely to be minor differences, due to variability of ingredients from brew to brew.....

Hi there.

Mara told me that the 2009 version is more like the original Raven Moon from..Can't remember now - way back when anyway, so the 2009 version is creamier than the 2008 rebrew was.

I loved both, but the original just and no more had the edge for me, and was more akin to LP Black than the Raven Moon 2008 was, therefore, so is Raven Moon 2009.

Hope that helps.

Blessings

Ail )O(

For some unfathomable reason, the 2008 brew amped the violet note a little more than I expected, so I was mindful of that when brewing the 2009 version. Yes, I tried to get it closer to the 2007 (original) version, which Cindy envisioned as the blackest of deep resins in a thick, almost chewy smelling, syrupy base. It's similar to LP Black, but even blacker...with a caramel / maple syrup / brown sugar type of sweetness.

Yeah the original is definitely thick maple...Quince says it always makes him hungry when I wear it around him (but not in a sexy way, boo, lol).

Hmmmm... I was curious but is Raven Moon part of the sampler pack this month?

I wondered that myself, I've never recv'd a sample of it ever, I went to scentaddict and ordered it to cure my curiousity.

Ooooohh wondering if I should do the same thing...

I've been patient so I think I can wait a weee bit longer ...I always love getting my smellies from M&D. They always package my goodies so nicely and I feel so bad when they come cause I tend to just *ahem* ravage them...lol

Hmmmm... I was curious but is Raven Moon part of the sampler pack this month?

As it's exclusive to Magical Omaha/Scent Addict, I'd say no.

As it's exclusive to Magical Omaha/Scent Addict, I'd say no.

Thanks Luna65,

And since that is the case then I might have to hurry on over there and get some myself or..I can continue lurking on the trading posts...still want to nab some of this magical brew...hehe

Sorry-

Exclusives to Retailers are not part of sample packs, and are not available as samples.

We get quite a few requests for exclusive samples, but they aren't in sampler bottles, and are not ours to give out! Sorry!

I've never had the pleasure of experiencing Raven Moon. I might just have to snag some while I'm waiting for the New Releases to load.

I had never experienced it as well, so I bought the 2009 version, and apparently more like the original 2007. I purchased it at scentaddicts.com which is the same as Magical Omaha and Next Millennium, it's not on this site (LPMP store). In any case, I'm kicking myself silly, cuz it's fabulous, seriously ! I almost swapped for the 2008 version last year, but thought it would be too sweet for me, I was wrong ! Countesszero.... get it, seriously !!

Does anyone know if it's the 2008 or 2009 version that they are selling at Magical Omaha? The website describes 2008, but on their Scent Addict site it's the 2009 version...

I recieved the 2009 version the other day and it's really lovely! But, having said that...I really want to get my hands on the 2008 version if it amps the violets :001_302:

You may want to email MO/SA and ask Cindy if she has any more of the 2008 version in stock.

Already did :001_302: I'm just making sure I spread the word that Rosebud is on the look out for the 2008 version...never know who might have one hiding, getting no love :blink:

Already did :) I'm just making sure I spread the word that Rosebud is on the look out for the 2008 version...never know who might have one hiding, getting no love :)

Maybe someone might have some in their trading post...u never know....

• 2 weeks later...

I just got delivery confirmation that my Raven 2009 is here. I actually gasped! I am truly obsessed. :) I shall report tomorrow (if I can pull away from my Soiled Dove now) on the differences between 2008 and 2009. I have both. :TotakekeBannana: I told you I was obsessed.

Okay, this 2009 version is absolutely darker than the 2008. I LOVE them both, hence my stockpiling, but I must say the 2009 is my favorite of the two.

You know where Scandalous seems to be a heightened LP: Red, well Raven seems to be a heightened LP: Black. They are both, of course, different than the LP: Red & Black, but the recognition of each is there. :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

I can see Raven 2009 going rather quickly.

Dolly, if you don't have this 2009 version of Raven, you must. I know you love LP: Black.

I would be interested in knowing how similiar the '07 and '09 versions are, given that was Mara's goal in rebrewing this time.

I'll let you know that tomorrow or Wednesday Luna, as my package from Cindy is on its way to me right now.

I still have a teensy bit of my original version left, and though I like both it and the 2008 one, as I said elsewhere, for me the original had a bit more creaminess to it, and so it wins by just a mouse's whisker.

Blessings

Ail )O(