I got my hands on a bottle of Promise enhanced with Soulmate...from the tradepost

but to my understanding, soulmate is discontinued so I couldn't find the description of this phero blend.

Do any of you know what is in Soulmate? and what effects does this have on self and others?

Thanks!

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumeri...ion/UnSoulmate/

Cyclopentasiloxane (D5), androstanone, epiandrosterone, alpha-androstenol, androstanone, androstenone, beta-androstadienol, dehydroepiandrosterone sodium sulfate.

For both sexes to wear, when seeking their other half!

Designed to promote long lasting relationships, and plays down the overt sexuality attributable to other formulas. Is androgynous, can be worn by either men or women.

• 2 years later...

So... I have a bottle of Promise 2012, with Soulmate... but I thought Soulmate was discontinued?

And would Soulmate be for wearing while you're looking for a soulmate, or for wearing after you've found one?

:question-mark:

Really? There is a new release recently? I have a bottle of Promise and it smells heavenly and I'm guarding it extremely carefully.

I reckon this can be used while and after you have found a soulmate. I mean after you have found D one, you'll still need to work to sustain the relationship ....

Yes, it's an entirely different blend. They were crafted by different chemists, so I do not know the exact specifics of the differences, but I do know that Perfect Match is more DHEAS forward, with the intent of stirring that 'butterflies in the stomach' feeling. If I remember correctly, Soulmate was more ... making people feel like they have a deep connection - "I recognize you from another lifetime" kind of feeling, while PM's intent is that 'first blush of love' feeling.

Oh no! I sent her all the new info! (The first round of Promise used up the last of Soulmate so she KNEW that!) That's still the old info and old label so she clearly did not update anything. I think she is more interested in the magical ingredients than in the pheros really, so that part kinda just goes over her head. I think she just likes to have pheros IN some of them but isn't really tuned into what they specifically do. Thanks for letting me know, Molls. I should email her and bug her to update the info. xoxox

Maybe we should try to make a new blend in the vein of Soulmate? Other than that...perhaps Heart & Soul would fit that bill?

Anyone else have an opinion of one that works similarly? Soulmate was not one that I had much occasion to wear while we had it, and it was so long ago, I do not feel like much of an expert on that one. Sorry.

Yes, it's an entirely different blend. They were crafted by different chemists, so I do not know the exact specifics of the differences, but I do know that Perfect Match is more DHEAS forward, with the intent of stirring that 'butterflies in the stomach' feeling. If I remember correctly, Soulmate was more ... making people feel like they have a deep connection - "I recognize you from another lifetime" kind of feeling, while PM's intent is that 'first blush of love' feeling.

Mara, you must be a mindreader! Just yesterday I was thinking about Soulmate and PM and wondering what the difference was, as I have both and was thinking of giving Soulmate a spin. I even read through all the Soulmate reviews and was going to ask the question but didn't quite get around to it. And here you are, giving me the answer! How on earth did you know :)

SWS= Swimming With Sharks?

I used Tamashii No Tomo when I went out with my kids for a full day with the hope to spend quality bonding time with them. We had a fantastic time together. They played together perfectly, no bickering, no one getting on anyone's nerves.

I havent tried PM but i have just received a bottle of Allumette from a trade so I have nothing to add to this.

SWS= Swimming With Sharks?

I used Tamashii No Tomo when I went out with my kids for a full day with the hope to spend quality bonding time with them. We had a fantastic time together. They played together perfectly, no bickering, no one getting on anyone's nerves.

I havent tried PM but i have just received a bottle of Allumette from a trade so I have nothing to add to this.

AH! I kept thinking sws?? sws?? Sex with strangers?? I've never used SWS so that may be why I have trouble thinking of it.

• 7 months later...

I was curious if there is anything different than PM or H&S that would have the same effects (or close to) as Soulmate? I have about 1/4 bottle of UNSoulmate left (I've been hoarding it) and it works excellently with hubby when we need to have some serious "bonding" time. I've tried the other two and they just don't seem to have the same serious vibe. I don't care for The Promise, so I traded away my bottle of it w/Soulmate long ago. Any suggestions?

I wonder how treasured hearts would compare? The description says it instills a nesting vibe in men...hmm..

I've tried TH a couple of times, and still don't seem to get that same effect, although it is good. Soulmate makes him really cuddly, in a good mood even when we are discussing "serious" things (he doesn't get as irritated with me LOL), he listens better, and he's attentive. TH seems more like he gets talkative, still in a good mood most of the time, but not as attentive to me.

Is Promise still availble at Cindy's site?

Can someone send me the link to this site?

thanks

Here's the link

but even though the site says it has Soul Mate, Mara rebrewed this in 2012, and the new version has Perfect Match:

Promise 2012 has the Perfect Match phero blend rather than Soulmate, as that one is indeed gone.

Does her site say otherwise?

Oh no! I sent her all the new info! (The first round of Promise used up the last of Soulmate so she KNEW that!) That's still the old info and old label so she clearly did not update anything. I think she is more interested in the magical ingredients than in the pheros really, so that part kinda just goes over her head. I think she just likes to have pheros IN some of them but isn't really tuned into what they specifically do. Thanks for letting me know, Molls. I should email her and bug her to update the info. xoxox

Edited by Molls

• 2 months later...

Maybe we should try to make a new blend in the vein of Soulmate? Other than that...perhaps Heart & Soul would fit that bill?

Anyone else have an opinion of one that works similarly? Soulmate was not one that I had much occasion to wear while we had it, and it was so long ago, I do not feel like much of an expert on that one. Sorry.

I was curious if there is anything different than PM or H&S that would have the same effects (or close to) as Soulmate? I have about 1/4 bottle of UNSoulmate left (I've been hoarding it) and it works excellently with hubby when we need to have some serious "bonding" time. I've tried the other two and they just don't seem to have the same serious vibe. I don't care for The Promise, so I traded away my bottle of it w/Soulmate long ago. Any suggestions?

I've tried TH a couple of times, and still don't seem to get that same effect, although it is good. Soulmate makes him really cuddly, in a good mood even when we are discussing "serious" things (he doesn't get as irritated with me LOL), he listens better, and he's attentive. TH seems more like he gets talkative, still in a good mood most of the time, but not as attentive to me.

I've tried H&S, TH, PM, DYG, OW, and TMI... none of them give me the same results as Soulmate. I hate to use what little bit I have on anything that's not an "emergency" lol. Is there *any* possible way this blend or something new will ever be brewed that works the same way? I'm getting desperate ;)

Does anyone know what I would need to mix, and approximate ratios, if I can ever afford to try a "mad scientist mix" that would come close to Soulmate? Just throwing it out there as an idea, I've never mixed my own pheros before, unless you count layering things I already own. :)

dang, JG, you give Soulmate such a resounding testimonial. Now I'm curious about a rebrew--but then I'm a piggy about owning and trying as many different pheros as possible.

by the way, I enjoy owning your Drop Your Guard but not for the purported reasons. I put it on and 30 minutes later I'm asleep! Tested it three times already. Great sleeping aid.

• 3 months later...

I'm getting a bottle of The Promise in a trade, (should arrive this week-ish). So if it has the old label on it, as opposed to the 2012 label, it has Soulmate in it, and not PM? Is that right?

Maybe we should try to make a new blend in the vein of Soulmate?

Yes please! :) I would love that.

• 6 years later...

If anyone else ever comes looking for old blend Soulmate info, a web search found me "Contains the following pheromones: androstanone, epiandrosterone, alpha-androstenol, beta-androstadienol, dehydroepiandrosterone sodium sulfate."