Elementary

Beccah

First of all, yay!! Y'all got your own spot now. I felt so bad for the XY's when I was trying to find an Elementary thread, that I thought it must be heck trying to find some of the threads for the guys. Well anyway, I recieved the rebrew in my monthly sampler. I haven't slathered TT yet, but in the vial..Me likey :D I love the leather & tobacco notes & this has a classic sophistication to it. I can't wait to ambush my beloved with the vial, hehe.

The original Elementary is a favorite of DH's. He wears it when he needs to concentrate on churning out some work. It is somewhat of a serious fragrance. Leathery and manly. His bottle isn't amped with anything, but he often wears Intellectual Man or A314 with it, which is very congruent to the scent.

It's one of those with staying power. He'll come home in the evening and still be redolent of a gentleman's library.

I haven't gotten him to try the 2010 - is it a rebrew or a new interpretation? I'll get him on it sometime this week.

The original Elementary is a favorite of DH's. He wears it when he needs to concentrate on churning out some work. It is somewhat of a serious fragrance. Leathery and manly. His bottle isn't amped with anything, but he often wears Intellectual Man or A314 with it, which is very congruent to the scent.

It's one of those with staying power. He'll come home in the evening and still be redolent of a gentleman's library.

I haven't gotten him to try the 2010 - is it a rebrew or a new interpretation? I'll get him on it sometime this week.

To my nose it is a new interpretation. It smells to me like it shares some elements with the original but that it is very much its own scent. I'm sure someone with a better nose can chime in much more eloquently, however.

Tried this one on my guy today and thankfully the linen didn't rear it's head much, just warm yumminess. Not too leathery either though it's detectable. The tobacco is prominant and I love it!

The two are meant to be completely different...the original is the mature Holmes, whereas this one is the young Holmes (hence my little narrative).

Elementary is one of the first I purchased back in the day, just for me but I liked the way it smelled on Quince although he wasn't too fond of it. The leather reminds me of the leather in Ares (which he does enjoy) but sadly the original turns to hairspray on me, and it's the liquor notes, I think.

I always seem to amp linen accords, the same thing happens with the new version as with Scarlet Silk although this is interesting, it does definitely have a more young male aura. It smells more like it's supposed to on Q, a nice smooth masculine warmth. He has deemed it acceptable for dabbing whenever I wish, heh.

• 4 weeks later...

My boyfriend who normally wears Burburry no matter what decided to give this one a go at my urging. This is one sexy scent, It really turned me into a wild woman, Im shocked that there are no pheros in this one. Its fresh, light and has a hint of tobacco. I really loved it on him, I would buy him a full bottle if I knew he would wear it, it melded so well on his skin. I havent tried many of the other mens LPs on him so I dont know how to compare it to anything else here. I may end up finishing this sample myself if he doesnt wear it (LOL).

Finally got to dab this on TT & he smelled wonderful. If he's a good boy, he may get a beta spray amped with animism....

• 8 months later...

WOW! This turns out so beautifully!!! I remembered the first time i wore it... It had such a different scent!!! :surprised: Must be my body chemistry!!!! :) I really like this!! Such a mild and classy scent :) Lovely :)

• 7 months later...

Being a huge Holmes fan I HAD to try this one, male scent or no.

In the bottle, I got little to nothing.

Wet, I got a simple, fresh, clean smell like fresh linens on fresh skin.

As it's dried down I'm getting more notes like leather and tobacco and faintly musky - like a Victorian male toward the end of the day, in the drawing room smoking his pipe with a snifter of brandy or glass of whisky. The interesting thing is that it is light, and it totally works on ME.

Mmm. Definitely puts me in mind of Holmes. Loving it. This is going to be my muse as I write my Holmesian novels, I can tell.

• 10 months later...

I love sherlock holmes so it was cool that mara threw in elementary.Elementary and roberts attacked in the stacks turned out to be amazing.It doesnt really call out to you in the bottle but on,its amazing.Its mild,yet mysterious.You can be a man of mystery or solving mysteries,its all what you make of it.Its a nice musky scent with some tobacco and other notes that greatly add to the experience.They are well matched and i cant pick them out though.Not too sure how mara does it but her scents are amazingly addictive.This was another one that i had to keep smelling throughout the day.Its a easy scent to wear and is subtle enough for the day while being attention grabbing enough for the night.Next time someone asks what im wearing,i can say "its elementary" (:-p)

• 2 months later...

I love these type of scents and I’m hoping to locate a bottle (or hope for a re-brew) of “Roberts Attacked in the Stacks”

This is good, too, but fruity and sweet with a woody base, and it gets much sweeter over time. Elementary is much drier to my nose.

Edited by perfumesniffer